Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Altran posted:

Ok I have been on pl.pl forum for my phorde spy (can you even call it a spy?), and I stumbled upon snigg public recruitment thread, one of the question that gets asked alot in there is to post a dread travel fit, and someone even went as far as saying none of the thread in the recruitment forum is correct. i am just curious, what is a correct dread travel fit? i think the inquirer didn't gave enough information , do i expect to travel with a group, or solo? am i using jump drive or star gates, etc...

Wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
how is my post related to the current slap feast? we are forbid to discuss ingame mechanic here?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
yes

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Altran posted:

Ok I have been on pl.pl forum for my phorde spy (can you even call it a spy?), and I stumbled upon snigg public recruitment thread, one of the question that gets asked alot in there is to post a dread travel fit, and someone even went as far as saying none of the thread in the recruitment forum is correct. i am just curious, what is a correct dread travel fit? i think the inquirer didn't gave enough information , do i expect to travel with a group, or solo? am i using jump drive or star gates, etc...

When 'Dread Travel Fit' is called, it means 3 istabs and 2 hyperspatials.

When 'Cap Fit' is called, it means fill your mid and low slots with Cap Recharges and Cap Power Relays.

This is to ensure you're at jump cap once your fatigue reactivation timer goes away- this is called in situations where you're jumping to a mid to drop a super or something similar and there isn't a station to mid from (as docking resets your capacitor).

edit: been out of game for a while.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 20, 2016

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
Thanks, are these practice used in Titan and Supers? For example, a fight is participated 10 AU away, there is 1 mid point with 1 station, Titan/Super is travelling with normal caps, are/should these Super caps usually also "travel fit"? Or the usual practice is wait for carriers to cap them up?

I have been in a few fleets and there is always a dude or two in Titans need capping up after everyone else is at jump cap, not sure if they are bad or super caps should have tank fitted in case of emergency.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Altran posted:

Thanks, are these practice used in Titan and Supers? For example, a fight is participated 10 AU away, there is 1 mid point with 1 station, Titan/Super is travelling with normal caps, are/should these Super caps usually also "travel fit"? Or the usual practice is wait for carriers to cap them up?

I have been in a few fleets and there is always a dude or two in Titans need capping up after everyone else is at jump cap, not sure if they are bad or super caps should have tank fitted in case of emergency.

Depends on the situation and how many people are traveling. Usually though Supers and Carriers cap up titans, then themselves, then jump when everyone's ready.

In a post-Phoebe world, that 5 minute reactivation timer helps immensely; as before if you couldn't manage to cap up in a timely manner with or without mindflood often you'd be left to fend for yourself until you were ready.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Altran posted:

take gates solo in your rev, dude.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
I do wish there was some sort of mechanic that made moongoo more dynamic. I think that if regions/constellations/systems could somehow change the value of the minerals it would help incentivize large scale conflict. Then give weirder, higher level bonuses for having a space flag - like allowing certain structures (eg super efficient manufacturing, structures that cranked out fitted doctrine ships, or that increased the jump range from that system?). But you can't anchor them if your alliance doesn't hold sovereignty.

Alternatively, stick all the r64s on the outer rim, or make carrying r64/32 disable jump drives (and have a 100% drop rate for high end minerals?), or any other weird rebalance that would provide an impetus to fight for and hold the deep reaches of space, preferably that was tried into a industry at a low level so that it would constrain inflation/velocity.

(I know that obviously people don't want things that make life more difficult, but I thought this thread might be safe for legit discussion? Like what would make having a space flag worth it?)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I like the idea of the economy tanking because nobody is mining the R64s but I also long for the collapse of the capitalist economic system irl so

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Tusen Takk posted:

I like the idea of the economy tanking because nobody is mining the R64s but I also long for the collapse of the capitalist economic system irl so

Yeah, same. But if nobody is mining them, and they're needed for T2 production, then isn't that a legit invisible hand scenario? Like someone is gonna get that poo poo, because scarcity has shot the values through the roof.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

pugnax posted:

I do wish there was some sort of mechanic that made moongoo more dynamic. I think that if regions/constellations/systems could somehow change the value of the minerals it would help incentivize large scale conflict. Then give weirder, higher level bonuses for having a space flag - like allowing certain structures (eg super efficient manufacturing, structures that cranked out fitted doctrine ships, or that increased the jump range from that system?). But you can't anchor them if your alliance doesn't hold sovereignty.

Alternatively, stick all the r64s on the outer rim, or make carrying r64/32 disable jump drives (and have a 100% drop rate for high end minerals?), or any other weird rebalance that would provide an impetus to fight for and hold the deep reaches of space, preferably that was tried into a industry at a low level so that it would constrain inflation/velocity.

(I know that obviously people don't want things that make life more difficult, but I thought this thread might be safe for legit discussion? Like what would make having a space flag worth it?)

Making them regional would be the simplest solution. If each moon goo appeared only in a certain region, or 50% of a kind's supply came from one region and 50% in the entire rest of the galaxy, then it would be way more of a macro-conflict driver.

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 20, 2016

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

CommonShore posted:

Making them regional would be the simplest solution. If each moon goo appeared only in a certain region, or 50% of a kind's supply came from one region and 50% in the entire rest of the galaxy, then it would be way more of a macro-conflict driver.

this was kinda how it worked for the longest time? Delve/querious/pb had the best/most valuable moon balance in game for a long time (until 6 months after goons took delve, thanks :ccp:), and then technetium was heavily balanced around the north, which made certain entities super-rich

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

pugnax posted:

Yeah, same. But if nobody is mining them, and they're needed for T2 production, then isn't that a legit invisible hand scenario? Like someone is gonna get that poo poo, because scarcity has shot the values through the roof.

It would be insanely funny if some communist styled alliance nabs them all and only produces T2s and sells them to members only so suddenly they are the most advanced military might in the game and everyone else can suck their dicks

Speaking of which I wonder why we didn't loving do that

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Tusen Takk posted:

It would be insanely funny if some communist styled alliance nabs them all and only produces T2s and sells them to members only so suddenly they are the most advanced military might in the game and everyone else can suck their dicks

Speaking of which I wonder why we didn't loving do that

too busy playing H1z1

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Landsknecht posted:

this was kinda how it worked for the longest time? Delve/querious/pb had the best/most valuable moon balance in game for a long time (until 6 months after goons took delve, thanks :ccp:), and then technetium was heavily balanced around the north, which made certain entities super-rich

like literally this is why OTECH happened and Larowin knows this well I hope.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CashEnsign posted:

too busy playing H1z1

I played that with goons last summer and it was fun up until the wipes and constant rebuilding got old. Then add the hackers and it was like "welp I guess I'll try WoW"

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I met up with 4 other Eve players IRL last night. And we spoke about spaceships over beer.

It was chill.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
Found a video of my mach dying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShf-6Z3XI4&t=264s

note to self: don't shoot em at an armor tempest

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Hi, I'm Blawrf, and you can dock in my station anytime~~

Rowwr

Tusen Takk posted:

I scammed a total of around 30bn isk, mostly from Russians who wanted to get their corp into the alliance as renters, and then a few industrialists who wanted access to that sweet sweet nullsec ore. One dude sent me his Orca for me to move, and it was loaded to the gills with goodies. Another dude sent me his Mach to move for him, and man was that a good day. Blawrf and Scooter were excellent team mates in this though, I found the marks and they usually helped me with the extraction in some way or another

I think I liked scamming more than I liked playing the game :shobon:

:shobon: good times

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Landsknecht posted:

it helped that tech was a major bottleneck in a ton of things, too

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

CashEnsign posted:

like literally this is why OTECH happened and Larowin knows this well I hope.

Yeah for sure - I just doubt an OTEC-style agreement would work if they finally commit to nerfing JF range and the money moons are in Omist, Period Basis, Branch, Cache, etc.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

bonewitch posted:

its okay as a skype replacement because skype is almost hilariously bad

skype is so bad

the only software i have that uses more system resources than skype is like, rendering a raw RGB 1080p movie in vegas. if its open it destroys fl studio's sound engine

it might even make 2006 itunes look good my comparison

nigga crab pollock fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 20, 2016

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm willing to wager that the little agreement that MBC has in place with all the bandwagoners is that they're welcome to GSF's old space... Except the r64s belong to either PL or NC. Protest too much and PL and NC. will finally get their 'gudfite'.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I guess my position is that instead of breaking the tech cartel, they should have done what they could to produce similar bottlenecks for every single commodity. If implemented correctly it could produce a number of interesting conflict drivers: want nanotransistors? Well you need neodymium. Want neodymium? I hope you own space in (say) Wicked Creek. Wicked Creek becomes a warzone? Well that neodymium might be about to become way more expensive.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

LuiCypher posted:

I'm willing to wager that the little agreement that MBC has in place with all the bandwagoners is that they're welcome to GSF's old space... Except the r64s belong to either PL or NC. Protest too much and PL and NC. will finally get their 'gudfite'.

My feeling is that PL is too roamy/lazy to bother mining moons, and MBC is too inexperienced/incompetent to be able to organize the level of logistics required to do moon mining

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

CommonShore posted:

I guess my position is that instead of breaking the tech cartel, they should have done what they could to produce similar bottlenecks for every single commodity. If implemented correctly it could produce a number of interesting conflict drivers: want nanotransistors? Well you need neodymium. Want neodymium? I hope you own space in (say) Wicked Creek. Wicked Creek becomes a warzone? Well that neodymium might be about to become way more expensive.

there's always something that is Most Needed

Tusen Takk posted:

My feeling is that PL is too roamy/lazy to bother mining moons

you are so insanely wrong it's like you're posting in AI

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you are so insanely wrong it's like you're posting in AI

my opinions are also two years old so i think things have changed :3:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tusen Takk posted:

My feeling is that PL is too roamy/lazy to bother mining moons, and MBC is too inexperienced/incompetent to be able to organize the level of logistics required to do moon mining

You're pretty dumb if you think that.

PL traditionally always target the R64s etc. when they move into an area to make money while squatting in a region.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

PL traditionally always target the R64s etc. when they move into an area to make money while squatting in a region.

What's a good "lovely history analogy" for PL? The Mongols?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Tusen Takk posted:

my opinions are also two years old so i think things have changed :3:

pl has been camping money moons for a very long time

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

pl has been camping money moons for a very long time

Unfunny Poster posted:

Hmm, then I will admit that I'm a big idiot and not up on my PL facts :shobon:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CashEnsign posted:

What's a good "lovely history analogy" for PL? The Mongols?

Nah, more like the bedouins, but with less of the wahabi theology.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

there's always something that is Most Needed

That's kinda my point. If every time a thing becomes Most Needed CCP makes it easier to get, they're killing their own conflict drivers. It should be feasible to cartel-block every kind of moon goo. If it was set up well, t2 doctrines could be selected as to minimize the amount of isk going back into the enemy's pockets. (eg, "Ishtars are best-in-class, but Hafnium mostly comes from our enemies, so consuming a shitload of Ishtars would ultimately be self-defeating. Instead we'll use a Cerberus doctrine which may not be the best in all circumstances but which relies more on moongoo which our own space produces.")

This will never happen, of course.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
replace everything with minerals and vespene gas

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tusen Takk posted:

Hmm, then I will admit that I'm a big idiot and not up on my PL facts :shobon:

Attaboy.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Tusen Takk posted:

PL is the only relevant merc alliance that is still around, and it's because they like getting paid. If they don't wind up withe lion share of moons, it'll be because test is paying protection money.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nietzschean posted:

"You must construct additional POS'" - Aura

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

CommonShore posted:

That's kinda my point. If every time a thing becomes Most Needed CCP makes it easier to get, they're killing their own conflict drivers. It should be feasible to cartel-block every kind of moon goo. If it was set up well, t2 doctrines could be selected as to minimize the amount of isk going back into the enemy's pockets. (eg, "Ishtars are best-in-class, but Hafnium mostly comes from our enemies, so consuming a shitload of Ishtars would ultimately be self-defeating. Instead we'll use a Cerberus doctrine which may not be the best in all circumstances but which relies more on moongoo which our own space produces.")

This will never happen, of course.

The problem in the past is that it was too easy to form megablocs to hold all the r64s on half the map. It would be really cool if they revisited r64s now that jump drives have been nerfed. I do like the idea of making r64s geographically focused, but I don't think it should be 100%. maybe something like 40% are centralized with the other spread out? Divide 0.0 into four quadrants. The top left has 50% of the dyspro moons, and 6% of the other three types. Balance this by having lowsec r64s be randomized. The only real problem with this is that IMO minmatar doesn't really have a solid t2/t3 doctrine. Zealots/legions, cerbs/tengus/eagles, ishtar/proteus are all solid doctrines but loki/muninn based doctrines kind of suck.

We (goons) would need to pick a region of space that isn't involved in ishtar production tho because atrum won't let us have them as a doctrine :v

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Nietzschean posted:

Wouldn't work: no tobacco options available in the character creator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Reverand maynard posted:

The problem in the past is that it was too easy to form megablocs to hold all the r64s on half the map. It would be really cool if they revisited r64s now that jump drives have been nerfed. I do like the idea of making r64s geographically focused, but I don't think it should be 100%. maybe something like 40% are centralized with the other spread out? Divide 0.0 into four quadrants. The top left has 50% of the dyspro moons, and 6% of the other three types. Balance this by having lowsec r64s be randomized. The only real problem with this is that IMO minmatar doesn't really have a solid t2/t3 doctrine. Zealots/legions, cerbs/tengus/eagles, ishtar/proteus are all solid doctrines but loki/muninn based doctrines kind of suck.

We (goons) would need to pick a region of space that isn't involved in ishtar production tho because atrum won't let us have them as a doctrine :v

Yeah I wasn't thinking 100% to any area - really the ideal percentage would make it so that if an area became a shitzone then the goo supply would be noticeably affected and cause market chaos and, in an extended war, hull/module supply problems.

• Locked thread