Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

Oiled and Ready posted:

Thanks for that PM, isn't it fun to prove ideologues wrong on a comedy forum while actually not caring much how things turn out?

*sound of cool rap music from office space movie*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I love how I became an ideologue while arguing the pragmatic route but w/e

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Identity Politics :argh:

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Seriously though how do you post so much about the primaries while not caring about the outcome? I think you might be infected with care; you oughta get that checked out.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
is Trump porking Hope Hicks

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

I like their sassy Huma Abedin. Are any other staff based on real people?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Farm Frenzy posted:

guys i think the dude who met his wife on a community oriented around tormenting a severely autistic man from west virginia might be a moron and a lovely person

uh excuse me that community for trolling chris chan was his pathway to citizenship and anyone wanting to move to the US should be following his example

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

Identity Politics :argh:
"I'm so sick of identity politics, so I'm voting for the white guy in the general election, whoever it is!" :v:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/jstines3/status/723083338878087168

https://twitter.com/sunbeltgirl/status/723103292776013825

https://twitter.com/jstines3/status/723100471087370240

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Agreed, in the sense that they are both dead on the inside

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
As someone who is just interested in following this election for the sake of comedy, putting all actual or ironic Trump supporters on ignore (or just ignoring them) greatly improves the experience. You guys should probably do this, and when the answer to everything is just "*insane fabrication that is in no shape or way supported by anything else then at best the word of a person who can't get through one speech or interview without lying* TRUMP!" It's not like you're missing anything.

It's like watching a stand up comedy show except some person in the audience loudly proclaims that they genuinely believe what the comedian just joked about. Donald Trump is loving endless goldmine of entertainment, people who actually buy his poo poo are weird and creepy. People who pretend to be weird and creepy are just that in another way.

On the other hand they will make the actual election day very entertaining though. He's going to get the nomination, right? I don't think I can take Ted Cruz's face for much longer and Hillary is just boring. I'm not an American so I don't get how he can lose with the most votes and his voters won't burn everyone even remotely involved in that alive because that is some bullshit

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Make America Soar Again? Not catchy enough... if only there was some way to turn such a phrase into a campaign slogan, but alas.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
I know #tcot, but what's #ccot? Christian conservatives?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

DarkCrawler posted:

As someone who is just interested in following this election for the sake of comedy, putting all actual or ironic Trump supporters on ignore (or just ignoring them) greatly improves the experience. You guys should probably do this, and when the answer to everything is just "*insane fabrication that is in no shape or way supported by anything else then at best the word of a person who can't get through one speech or interview without lying* TRUMP!" It's not like you're missing anything.

It's like watching a stand up comedy show except some person in the audience loudly proclaims that they genuinely believe what the comedian just joked about. Donald Trump is loving endless goldmine of entertainment, people who actually buy his poo poo are weird and creepy. People who pretend to be weird and creepy are just that in another way.

On the other hand they will make the actual election day very entertaining though. He's going to get the nomination, right? I don't think I can take Ted Cruz's face for much long and Hillary is just boring.

if i did that i wouldn't have anyone to post with. all the actual good posters are asleep when i'm at work.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Caithness posted:

I know #tcot, but what's #ccot? Christian conservatives?

christian/conservative men who watch other men gently caress their wives, on twitter.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

DarkCrawler posted:

Yeah man, Hitler's speeches and quotes were also cool and for the win. It's really too bad that all of his supporters and the media actually took him seriously and ruined the comedy goldmine for us sensible people

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

the paradigm shift posted:

if i did that i wouldn't have anyone to post with. all the actual good posters are asleep when i'm at work.

Oh yeah, I don't really post here. It's more a newsfeed of "what batshit insane thing will Trump say today/how will Ted Cruz demonstrate he is the worst person that has ever existed today".

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

DarkCrawler posted:

Oh yeah, I don't really post here. It's more a newsfeed of "what batshit insane thing will Trump say today/how will Ted Cruz demonstrate he is the worst person that has ever existed today".

i was unnecessarily harsh anyways, not everyone at night sounds like a vile alt.

the real reason is that there isn't any news to post after 11 or so until the next day. the thread either dies or they troll it.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Yeah man, Hitler's speeches and quotes were also cool and for the win. It's really too bad that all of his supporters and the media actually took him seriously and ruined the comedy goldmine for us sensible people

You get that there is no way he will become president, right? Hitler was actually popular with Germans (Hitler wasn't elected though), Trump is the most loathed candidate in modern history. It's guilt-free entertainment with national budget, tune out the mouth-breathers who support him until you can hear their crying and whining on election day and enjoy the ride!

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

DarkCrawler posted:

You get that there is no way he will become president, right? Hitler was actually popular with Germans (Hitler wasn't elected though), Trump is the most loathed candidate in modern history. It's guilt-free entertainment with national budget, tune out the mouth-breathers who support him until you can hear their crying and whining on election day and enjoy the ride!

There are in fact several ways he could become president and one of them could plausibly happen, but if this is the story that holds your fragile mind together and you prefer it that way, enjoy your fairy tale while you can

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/723125136170213376

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The eagle looks like its in mid-poo poo. A good ad.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

crazy cloud posted:

There are in fact several ways he could become president and one of them could plausibly happen, but if this is the story that holds your fragile mind together and you prefer it that way, enjoy your fairy tale while you can

I'm not American, i have no stake in this. I'm not one of those people who think President Trump will usher in WWIII, he will have little effect on my life.

He has zero chance though

seriously if you are running against TED CRUZ and don't get ten out of ten votes, something is very much wrong with you, at least Hillary is going against everyone's favorite grandpa

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
The idea that Hillary can easily beat Trump is one of the largest fictions of this whole cycle, and watching the astonished reaction of the nation when that edifice crumbles will be even better than when we all realized that he had a chance of winning the Republican primary.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/723126482906714114

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

The idea that Hillary can easily beat Trump is one of the largest fictions of this whole cycle, and watching the astonished reaction of the nation when that edifice crumbles will be even better than when we all realized that he had a chance of winning the Republican primary.

I always thought he would have a good chance in the Republican Primary. I didn't think he was the likely victor, but I mean look at how batshit insane that party is and who he was running against. He's still incapable of getting even a simple majority there haha

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

DarkCrawler posted:

I'm not American, i have no stake in this. I'm not one of those people who think President Trump will usher in WWIII, he will have little effect on my life.

a Trump presidency will permanently alter the fate of every living creature on this planet you short-sighted dummy

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

DarkCrawler posted:

On the other hand they will make the actual election day very entertaining though. He's going to get the nomination, right? I don't think I can take Ted Cruz's face for much longer and Hillary is just boring. I'm not an American so I don't get how he can lose with the most votes and his voters won't burn everyone even remotely involved in that alive because that is some bullshit

same

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
God drat it Matt, why didn't you ask him to name all the "great things" Andrew Jackson did?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

DarkCrawler posted:

(Hitler wasn't elected though)

I'm pretty sure he was elected with 80% of the vote or something

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

a Trump presidency will permanently alter the fate of every living creature on this planet you short-sighted dummy

Every presidency does, America is a pretty big country. Unless the Congress disappears and he becomes God-Emperor he's not going to destroy the world.

You guys will probably be hosed financially for a generation though, but that happen.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Joementum posted:

God drat it Matt, why didn't you ask him to name all the "great things" Andrew Jackson did?

Asking follow-up questions to vauge responses is "gotcha" journalism, not reallyin tune with the vibe of the Today show

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Necc0 posted:

i changed my mind. i hope ted cruz never leaves the national spotlight. i hope he continues to run for higher offices and always manages to come this || close to sealing it only to have his master plan slip through his fingers. can't think of a more deserving person to receive their own personal sisyphean damnation

The real life Dick Dastardly.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

DarkCrawler posted:

This thread was good when it was discussing the primaries before all the D&D and GBS 1.0 posters felt the need to cleanse opinions they disagreed with to create a hugbox. Before that, everyone was in on the joke.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

blue squares posted:

Only after being appointed, seizing power and unleashing a torrent of murder, violence and intimidation on every possible political opposition. He was elected in the same way African dictators are elected I suppose.

EDIT: it was also a coalition, Nazis got only about 40% I think

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

blue squares posted:

Unless you mean in his district specifically I don't think he did. The Nazis did get a plurality of votes and seats, but not 80%. They had to band together with other right-nationalist parties for a majority.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

The Saurus posted:

This thread was good when it was discussing the primaries before all the D&D and GBS 1.0 posters felt the need to cleanse opinions they disagreed with to create a hugbox. Before that, everyone was in on the joke.

This thread was best before it hit this shithole subforum where toads like you feel free to post dumb poo poo.
Some of us have lurked this thread since day one.

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine
:sissies:

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine
jeb is a mess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine
itt

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread