Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Monkey Fracas posted:

I remember fighting him with the wooden sword

Why is the tankiest bruiser looking cyborg guy made of wet napkins

And a senator that's literally twice as hard with no armor

(Except NANOMACHINES SON)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas posted:

I remember fighting him with the wooden sword

Why is the tankiest bruiser looking cyborg guy made of wet napkins

they are strong yet flexible.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

They probably realized in testing that half of the people playing couldn't figure out how to cut his shields and made his hp really low so that people who couldn't do it could still beat him

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Let them suffer

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
arrrgh but the sweetass vocals don't kick in until you break his shield and then he takes like 30 seconds to kill!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If you have full electrolytes and go into Ripper mode you have pretty good odds of just killing him before it runs out.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

lets hang out posted:

They probably realized in testing that half of the people playing couldn't figure out how to cut his shields and made his hp really low so that people who couldn't do it could still beat him

First fight with him I didn't cut his shields, I just used the dodge constantly on him and hosed him up.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I knew about the second phase and accidentally killed him in shields first time I fought him and restarted the fight until I cut all of the shields and got to the second phase

I was not going through that fight without seeing the whole thing dammit

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
dangit just thinking about MGR:R makes me want to play it again

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Monkey Fracas posted:

dangit just thinking about MGR:R makes me want to play it again

http://youtu.be/zjy2QJgIqHY

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know most people dislike EVE, but they released a trailer for the new expansion due out on the 27th and its pretty rad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bjTrPutt4k

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

I know most people dislike EVE, but they released a trailer for the new expansion due out on the 27th and its pretty rad.

That is a super rad trailer, too bad it is EVE and will not nearly as cool as the trailer lets on.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To a degree it sort of is (eg. destroying someone's sandcastle) but yeah it doesn't play out as ~cinematic~ as that.

It's more akin to like how StarCraft or some other strategy game and not a space dog fighter though CCP are making EVE Valkyrie which is a VR dogfighting game which is pretty neat.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Unfunny Poster posted:

That music choice :lol: It was a pretty neat trailer and accurately represented EVE combat as a giant clusterfuck of missiles and lasers hitting everything and everything blowing up so I'll give it that.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I saw a big eve battle once, my friend was participating and it was super slow and boring, we were also playing something else and he just tabbed in to eve once in a while to check on it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I can kinda see wanting the first Star Fox game in a decade to feel less like a retread of SF64, but it seems like a shallow thing to hold against the game.
I mean imagine if Nintendo put out a 2d Metroid on 3DS that was not much different from Zero Mission, just a new campaign

people would give it 15 out of 10, 120 metacritic user score

instead they're like "hey we're gonna try changing things up" and everyone goes BOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gently caress YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ahundredbux posted:

I saw a big eve battle once, my friend was participating and it was super slow and boring, we were also playing something else and he just tabbed in to eve once in a while to check on it

Time dialation is a necessary thing, because the alternative was you were lagged out of the game and would die, but its also a bitch and a half.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Quest For Glory II posted:

I mean imagine if Nintendo put out a 2d Metroid on 3DS that was not much different from Zero Mission, just a new campaign

instead they're like "hey we're gonna try changing things up" and everyone goes BOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gently caress YOU

time has not healed the wounds that Other M inflicted upon us

don't pour any salt in those wounds Nintendo, not even a little bit

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Monkey Fracas posted:

time has not healed the wounds that Other M inflicted upon us

don't pour any salt in those wounds Nintendo, not even a little bit

https://youtu.be/SE37PplM5ps

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

yeah gamers can be dumb

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

rip prince, post your favorite princes in video games, mine is Of Persia

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

That'd be great please make zero mission 2

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I would be fine if they were releasing a Metroid game with changes and new ideas instead of what appears to be some kinda co-op shooter thingy(?) with a Metroid label slapped on it

release another Metroid game you assholes GIVE IT TO ME

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Some games/genres appear to do just fine with having basically just the same game getting released over and over, some don't. I know that if Konami released an IGA Castlevania just like the 6 on GBA/DS every couple of years in perpetuity with only changing things slightly each time I'd still buy them each time. Star Fox could very well be the opposite, though it really just seems to be that it's the huge gap between 64 and Zero that's causing the disconnect for people.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

robin hood was also a good Prince because he was the prince of thieves. he doesnt have as many good video games though

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

robin hood was also a good Prince because he was the prince of thieves. he doesnt have as many good video games though
And, like Prince, Robin Hood is dead.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

the midget guy from resident evil 4 was a prince and he's also fuckin dead

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Edward from FFIV was a lovely prince that no one liked. He didn't die though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The difference is that there are like a million games that play exactly like SF64 that you could be playing instead, and there hasn't been a good Metroid game in a decade

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Prince Marv, from Fire Emblem

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Little King was once a Little Prince, I assume

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Can we post our favorite princesses

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Accordion Man posted:

Actually he was very useful in the DS version, which is cool and good.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

In Training posted:

The difference is that there are like a million games that play exactly like SF64 that you could be playing instead, and there hasn't been a good Metroid game in a decade

There are a lot of good indie metroid clones so I don't really mind Nintendo never making another one

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Accordion Man posted:

I liked him, he saved me from an elf.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lets hang out posted:

There are a lot of good indie metroid clones so I don't really mind Nintendo never making another one

There are but most of them play just differently enough that it's not really the same. Guacamelee was personal favorite of those, although I've heard Ori is pretty good too

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Today is not a good day to be a mononym celebrity.

Someone check in on Madonna.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Unfunny Poster posted:

Time dialation is a necessary thing, because the alternative was you were lagged out of the game and would die, but its also a bitch and a half.

I don't doubt that, it'd still be boring to watch without time dialation.

None of the excitement in EVE comes from visual feedback or anything like that I suppose.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Captain Toad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ahundredbux posted:

I don't doubt that, it'd still be boring to watch without time dialation.

None of the excitement in EVE comes from visual feedback or anything like that I suppose.

Yeah I agree, the visual feedback isn't the best. Though as a player there's obviously excitement, but as a spectator without additional info (eg. commentary over a battle or whatever) it's rather bland to watch.

That's why I liken it to games more like StarCraft or even Total War than say Elite Dangerous (even though EVE is heavily influenced by games like Elite more than StarCraft etc.)

• Locked thread