Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Of course when they announced it, Roger Stone was behind them and appeared to be holding something metallic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
dunno if this was posted itt but when the Georgia GOP selected their delegates, the cruz faction completely rules lawyered the trumpites out of their delegates

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/04/16/donald-trump-gets-outmaneuvered-by-ted-cruz-forces-in-georgia/

quote:

“This is a very insider-driven process, so it’s naturally difficult for outsiders to affect the outcome,” Jack said. “We are investigating concerns of delegate suppression in a few Congressional district conventions, as we want to ensure everyone was treated fairly.”

He said the campaign “did better than most expected in Georgia, earning a majority of supporters within our delegate slots.” Republican operatives estimate Trump, at best, nailed down 12 to 14 delegates. Even then, that’s only around one-third of the delegates up for grabs. Cruz’s organizers, meanwhile, say he notched at least 32 delegates on Saturday.

All in all, Saturday’s showing doesn’t bode well for Trump forces at the state GOP convention in Augusta on June 3 and 4, when the remaining 31 delegates and alternates will be chosen.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Joementum posted:

Most of the candidates for delegate on the PA ballot have been saying for over a month now that they'll vote for the person who wins their district/state. Of course, they will not be bound to uphold this promise, but if they do it almost certainly means Trump is the nominee.

:itshappening:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Its been funny watching the talking heads ask Trump supporters and delegates how they're going to win the general election because they fall into two categories, either they grow quiet and stare into middle distance or they immediately inflate like a puffer fish and exclaim something akin to "BETTER THAN HILLARY, WE NEED JOBS, HE'LL TEAR UP NAFTA"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Popular Thug Drink posted:

dunno if this was posted itt but when the Georgia GOP selected their delegates, the cruz faction completely rules lawyered the trumpites out of their delegates

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/04/16/donald-trump-gets-outmaneuvered-by-ted-cruz-forces-in-georgia/

They have been doing this in every state. Cruz is winning second ballot if trump does not win on the first. Gotta play the game until the end.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 21, 2016

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Crossposting from the Gay Marriage thread, but Trump decided to weigh in on the NC Trans Bathroom law:

Trump posted:

“I had a feeling that question was going to come up. North Carolina did something that was very strong, and they are paying a big price and there’s a lot of problems. One of the best answers I heard was from a commentator yesterday, saying ‘leave it the way it is. There have been very few problems.’ North Carolina, what they are going through with all of the business that’s leaving and the strife– and that’s on both sides. You leave it the way it is. There have been very few complaints they way it is. People go, they use the bathroom that they feel is appropriate, there has been so little trouble, and the problem with what happened in North Carolina is the strife and the economic punishment they’re taking.

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

That's it guys, Trump is trumping to the left in order to trump the middle ground for the general.

At least until there's some Twitter backlash and he changes his position #presidentmillenialsdeserve

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Xanderkish posted:

Crossposting from the Gay Marriage thread, but Trump decided to weigh in on the NC Trans Bathroom law:

He also said on GMA he supports higher taxes on the rich including himself. I almost fell over.

It'd be hilarious if this was part of a left turn after Cruz/Kasich were mathematically eliminated.

But that won't happen.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Until he changes his actual proposal that he's been using to reassure the GOP as much as he can I'm not buying the tax thing

I do genuinely believe he doesn't give a poo poo about LGBT issues, which isn't as bad as Cruz but still isn't good. For a guy who is obsessed with business, the NC bill probably does look phenomenally dumb

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
oh gently caress he rally might do it in november, maybe

im sure a lot of the never-vote-trump republicans will be brought back into the fold with some kinda bull , time will tell if its enough. at least the maps unfavorable

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Yeah, the reason why Republicans weren't wanting to vote for Trump was because of his anti-LGBT views.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

oh gently caress he rally might do it in november, maybe

im sure a lot of the never-vote-trump republicans will be brought back into the fold with some kinda bull , time will tell if its enough. at least the maps unfavorable

He is far from guaranteed as the nominee. Frankly Im far more scared of a Cruz nomination.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

LeeMajors posted:

He also said on GMA he supports higher taxes on the rich including himself. I almost fell over.

It'd be hilarious if this was part of a left turn after Cruz/Kasich were mathematically eliminated.

But that won't happen.

He's said months ago he would raise taxes on the rich. That's like his only good political opinion. But I agree it won't happen.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Freakazoid_ posted:

He's said months ago he would raise taxes on the rich. That's like his only good political opinion. But I agree it won't happen.

He said he'd raise taxes on the rich, and then he released a tax plan that would give absolutely massive tax cuts to the wealthy. Even conservative economists were going "holy poo poo, these cuts are ridiculous".

So basically, he's lying.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Boon posted:

He is far from guaranteed as the nominee. Frankly Im far more scared of a Cruz nomination.

You should be. He has been raised with a really dangerous messiah-complex, and would frankly do everything he could to turn us into an oppressive theocratic regime.

His lofty, bombastic, lilting preacherspeak really reminds me of Adam Sutler in the V for Vendetta movie. It is legitimately terrifying.

Freakazoid_ posted:

Nope. Not a chance. But is interesting when he says this stuff, because you know it is perplexing to his supporters' lizard brains.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

He said he'd raise taxes on the rich, and then he released a tax plan that would give absolutely massive tax cuts to the wealthy. Even conservative economists were going "holy poo poo, these cuts are ridiculous".

Well he never said he's raise taxes on the wealthy, just the rich.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

DaveWoo posted:

He wants to massively cut income taxes and capital gains taxes across the board, but he wants to remove the carried interest loophole that lets some extremely wealthy people pay a rate of 20% instead of 39.5%.

He wants to cut the top income tax rate from 39.5% to 25%. Under his plan people who used the carried interest loophole would pay 25% instead of 20%. So he is "raising taxes on rich people."

Technically true, but incredibly misleading. Trump is the greatest politician of our generation.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Why are people trying to analyze whether what Trump says is true or not, as if that is relevant in any way?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Boon posted:

cruz in the general is a much longer shot, it looks from here

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bird cooch posted:

From a couple pages ago, but this is perfect.
As much as we all love Sherman's dashing Yankee boys clowning on the saucy rebels, it's a bit hypocritical for us to poo poo on Jackson for a few pages and then recommend William "let's kill all the buffalo and also women and children sometimes look like Sioux warriors in the heat of battle y'know" Sherman as a paragon of virtue. More likely to get on American currency than the actual Tecumseh, though.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I thought Tubman being put on the $20 would be funny enough on its own, but Carson found a way to make it even funnier.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/20/polit...linkId=23683401

quote:

Former presidential candidate Ben Carson disagrees with the plan to put Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill, and on Wednesday suggested another note for her: the $2 bill.

"I love Harriet Tubman," the former GOP White House hopeful told Fox Business Network's Neil Cavuto. "I love what she did, but we can find another way to honor her. Maybe a $2 bill."

Dude is the ultimate "my black friend" for the right.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Quorum posted:

He actually just ordered them uncut from the Bureau of Printing and Engraving and had them bound by a local print shop, which is totally legal. Woz is Dad Jokes embodied.

Can confirm, a friend ran into him and Kevin Mitnick at a conference and Woz got my friend to distract Mitnick long enough that Woz could change the language on Mitnick's phone to Japanese.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Just because Trump decided to not be complete garbage on one issue doesn't mean he is pivoting. He's just trying to be more careful after going full Hitler last month. Suddenly throwing a bone to lgbt people isn't going to convince anyone to join him. And it'll piss off Cruz supporters as well

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 21, 2016

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Goddamnit Scott Walker why do you have to ruin everything?

https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/723209940056309760

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Just because Trump decided to not be complete garbage on one issue doesn't mean he is pivoting. He's just trying to be more careful after going full Hitler last month. Suddenly throwing a bone to lgbt people isn't going to convince anyone to join him. And it'll piss off Cruz supporters as well

I'm thinking it's less "throwing a bone to LGBT people" and more "Holy gently caress, NC is losing business over this bathroom nonsense? Time to set them straight. Money > stupid bathroom law."

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

WampaLord posted:

I'm thinking it's less "throwing a bone to LGBT people" and more "Holy gently caress, NC is losing business over this bathroom nonsense? Time to set them straight. Money > stupid bathroom law."
Pretty much this.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bolded for emphasis. It's astounding how whenever Trump says something that isn't 100% in line with GOP bigots, the entire thread explodes with "OH poo poo HE'S PIVOTING FOR THE GENERAL AND HE'S GOING TO CONVINCE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR HIM!" I can't imagine there are many people out there who haven't already formed an opinion on Trump, given that the entirety of the media has been The Trump Show for several months now.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Trump would rather have fake credibility on business acumen than fake credibility with the GOP's radical clerics. If he said it was a good idea to drive massive amounts of business out of your state for the equivalent of ~cooties~ then he'd pick up people hitting him on the whole "successful businessman" facade while not winning over the crusader wing of the GOP.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Kro-Bar posted:

Goddamnit Scott Walker why do you have to ruin everything?

https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/723209940056309760

Nah, don't think of it that way.

Instead, realize that even Scott loving Walker recognizes the loss we all feel today.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Chyna's death is effecting everyone. :patriot:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Grundulum posted:

Does anyone have a link to the article about Caro's experience in the Syrian prisons? I think it got posted either here or in the last thread with some NMS or NWS tags, but I don't remember when.
Ask in the middle east thread. There was a post describing the experiences of someone else who was in that particular prison and it was not fun.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
About to get on a plane with Rep Wasserman Schultz

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

Dude is the ultimate "my black friend" for the right.

He's their 3rd token. He'll fade from the national stage as soon as the GOP finds another token for 2020(2018?).

Same with all the other tokens.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Bolded for emphasis. It's astounding how whenever Trump says something that isn't 100% in line with GOP bigots, the entire thread explodes with "OH poo poo HE'S PIVOTING FOR THE GENERAL AND HE'S GOING TO CONVINCE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR HIM!" I can't imagine there are many people out there who haven't already formed an opinion on Trump, given that the entirety of the media has been The Trump Show for several months now.

Trevor Noah had a good segment on this yesterday.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

For me at least, the surprise is more that he can say something quasi-reasonable without getting murdered by his fanatical voter base than it is any thought that he may be pivoting in any way.

When he literally vilified Cruz for his stance on social programs and said he wasn't 'going to let people die in the streets' during one of those debates I think I audibly gasped.

I have to imagine a Trump supporter just blacked out during that sentence and kept existing afterward. It's fascinating.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Witness blasts House fetal tissue panel for not demanding that video faker testify under oath

quote:

I find it curious given the not-so-distant history of this strikingly similar scenario that this panel has not demanded sworn testimony of the accusers, the latest batch of anti-abortion accusers as you've asked of us, Chair Blackburn. You haven't asked for that, haven't asked for them to go under oath and that seems strange to me, particularly when they come up with a similar tale about so-called sale of fetal tissue, which again is a lie. This suggests to me that someone is afraid to put David Daleiden and his star witness, Holly O'Donnell, under oath because, as we saw with the Dean Alberti fiasco, when penalties of perjury attaches, sometimes instead of fiction the actual truth comes out.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

What was the Republican response to this?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

La la la la I can't hear you!
*raspberry*

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Why is almost like they know it's not real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
As I expected, our legal counsel has reached an agreement with the Missouri Senate and we will not be releasing any patient records nor will our CEO be going to jail. There will not be any further hearings at this time either. This game of chicken is over for now.

• Locked thread