Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

headspace
Apr 25, 2014
Long time lurker.... I just had to post to let everyone know how excited I was to be able to make a Blader named ShogunMarcus. Inspiration below. Unfortunately I wasn't able to figure out how to give him a gut and a mullet.

"Yes i'm a new world samurai, and a redneck none the less!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEJx-ntj9ss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Yeah, was it gently caress off Korean samurai knock-offs?

CountingWizard fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 20, 2016

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Xavier434 posted:

The only reasonable argument that I have read which was mildly against afk activities is the idea that if a feature is so dull that most people prefer to participate via afk then the developers should consider redesigning the feature because video games are supposed to be interactive and fun. This argument doesn't necessarily support the removal of afk as part of the redesign. Just changing it so that it is more fun to engage in while actually playing.

I personally don't have any beef with the afk options and rather enjoy them, but I can get behind this argument as well.

I kinda like the afk activities. It feels like one of those things that shouldn't be in the game but it is. Like you're breaking the game or cheating kinda I guess, and it's kinda cool.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

fletcher posted:

I kinda like the afk activities. It feels like one of those things that shouldn't be in the game but it is. Like you're breaking the game or cheating kinda I guess, and it's kinda cool.

If I could afk 99% of the game I would

I could pretend it's factorio

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I think the afk fishing is to make people not bother trying to figure out ways to bot fishing.

Agonist
Jul 16, 2009
Before patch I was getting about 534 xp per tick while leveling a horse, now it is over 700. Did they up horse xp?

Agonist
Jul 16, 2009
Nevermind, it is back down to where it should be now. Weird.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Did I do good?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

CountingWizard posted:

Yeah, was it gently caress off Korean samurai knock-offs?

That well is so poisonous you'd think Skaven got to it. Between the Koreans, the Chinese and the Japanese there's like a million nationalist historians who think they invented everything and everyone's just copying them. The idea that "oh, these two geographical areas that are close to each other kinda fell into the same type of sword" is loving impossible to those dudes.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

sushibandit posted:

Did they ever fix that bug where it would crank the GPU to 100% and cause a meltdown if/when the game crashed while minimized-to-tray?

I hate this. I can wake up in the morning and walk into the room with the computer in it and instantly know if BDO has crashed or not.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I hate this. I can wake up in the morning and walk into the room with the computer in it and instantly know if BDO has crashed or not.

How often do you get this?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

:vince:

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

You look a foot too tall :mmmhmm:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

How often do you get this?

Pretty often, but then again my network connection has been a little dicey lately.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

After 42 tries I finally got an Ultimate Yuria Longbow :D

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Wassbix posted:

Also, the gains are pretty minimal unless you bought 100s of bag space and have a super upgraded Epheria rod and you'll still make maybe 1mil or so leaving it over night (I do it casually, and it only nets like maybe 200-300k overnight). Which is around 20-30 minutes of grinding at late game? Not to mention you can be killed AFK fishing and lose XP, which is significant above lvl 51.

See, this makes me feel a lot better about it. I was under the impression that afk fishing would generate 2-3 hours worth of money.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Musa has really poo poo weight capacity.

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009

Agonist posted:

Before patch I was getting about 534 xp per tick while leveling a horse, now it is over 700. Did they up horse xp?

Was it at night by any chance? People are saying that they're getting higher exp gains at night with horses, wagons aren't getting it though.

Hobo Colossus
Aug 13, 2010

A gentleman and a scholar

Dang, man, you done it!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

white man appropriating japanese culture appropriating chinese armor

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

white man appropriating japanese culture appropriating chinese armor

meta2

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

I think the karma system could use a looky loo, last night a 4 man group flagged on me and I killed two, then my buddy came in and we wiped them out repeatedly because they were zerging back in and scrubbing out. When it was all said and done I was at -135k karma, my bud was at -60ish, for basically defending and they were able to take the zone because I didn't want to dig any more of a hole. We ended up just wardeccing and griefing their clan for the rest of the night, but being perma flagged for something I didn't even start is kinda bunk.

Goo P-Nut Sack fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Apr 21, 2016

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I just started this game a few days ago, still using my friend's free friendship code. I got a nice tamer going and just hit level 20!

Decided to try out hunting. God this is a pain in the rear end. Are there any proper hunting guides? So far all I have is a pathetic tanning knife and the training rifle.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Ass_Burgerer posted:

I just started this game a few days ago, still using my friend's free friendship code. I got a nice tamer going and just hit level 20!

Decided to try out hunting. God this is a pain in the rear end. Are there any proper hunting guides? So far all I have is a pathetic tanning knife and the training rifle.

I don't believe hunting is fully implemented as of yet. It can be sort of hard finding guides for the game at first because of the layered versions currently out in different parts of the world. There's a BDO bible pdf floating around though that might help you. I think it's been linked in this thread about 100 times so I'll just leave the googling up to you :)

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Oh also I forgot to mention as a sort of PSA, I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but you can currently get two Maewah tokens a day if you log on to an alt and grab one too. I found this out on accident last night and it appears to stop at two no matter how many alts you have.

Bug or not get ye extra token every day!

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Bashez posted:

See, this makes me feel a lot better about it. I was under the impression that afk fishing would generate 2-3 hours worth of money.

I make more than the other poster. I have something like 50-60 bag slots open on my main. After a night of afk fishing at a golden hotspot I usually take home about 600k. So mileage does vary I guess.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

Oh also I forgot to mention as a sort of PSA, I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but you can currently get two Maewah tokens a day if you log on to an alt and grab one too. I found this out on accident last night and it appears to stop at two no matter how many alts you have.

Bug or not get ye extra token every day!

are you sure you didn't log in after reset which is UTC 0000 a time that is late day for americans

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

are you sure you didn't log in after reset which is UTC 0000 a time that is late day for americans

This is entirely possible. I usually get on about 5ish Central and this was a few hours later when I was dumping alt energy. I've never seen two loyalty rewards in the same day but that's likely because I'm synced up with those, my bad.

Goo P-Nut Sack fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Apr 21, 2016

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I don't know how you guys play this game. The UI is more confusing than Eve.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Hy_C posted:

Eve is not a game, thus it is not possible to "play" it.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

eve is real thanks

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hy_C posted:

I press R to use things and 1-10 to do other things. I don't think there are any other controls you need to worry about.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Actual psa: Don't claim your Maewha tokens. Just log out and back in after every refresh. You can claim them all at once. They do not stack and you need 15 of them which can be alot of inventory.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drythe posted:

eve is real thanks

Real poo poo.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hey guys,

i grinded 1 Hour with pets and about 1 Blackstone(weapon) and 1 Hour without pets (manual looting) and had 3 Armor and 1 Weapon Blackstone :O ...

I had always the feeling, that having 1 or 5 luck didn't change anything, maybe thats the reason why.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

People say luck and investing in nodes help but even then it looks like the drop rates are pretty bad unless you got hours to burn.

I got cron castle to rank 7 now and I still don't get many drops. RNG is a bitch.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

People say luck and investing in nodes help but even then it looks like the drop rates are pretty bad unless you got hours to burn.

I got cron castle to rank 7 now and I still don't get many drops. RNG is a bitch.
Did Mediah add something to Cron Castle drop lists, or do you feel like powergrinding for some armour stones?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

CountingWizard posted:

Actual psa: Don't claim your Maewha tokens. Just log out and back in after every refresh. You can claim them all at once. They do not stack and you need 15 of them which can be alot of inventory.

BUT WHAT IF THEY'RE WRONG

I'm just dumping them in storage in a town I haven't used in ages so meeehhhh I'd rather not risk it

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

kalstrams posted:

Did Mediah add something to Cron Castle drop lists, or do you feel like powergrinding for some armour stones?

Just armour stones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaMS4LTotVc

welp