Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Paul Zuvella posted:

Seems Familiar....

This place again but praise the moon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

il serpente cosmico posted:

OK, interesting. The wiki's info on staves right now is pretty incomplete.

Yeah, a lot of information, even on fextralife which is usually good, is simply missing or wrong because people are still trying to figure things out.

But upgrading a staff (or chime or talisman, and of course the pyro hand) is always some level of good. It's just the ones that ALSO upgrade spell buff are even better. If you're looking for a good staff, check the ruins in the swamp after the Halfway Fortress. The Heretic's Staff there does get an increase to spell buff when upgraded.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Alkydere posted:

Yeah, a lot of information, even on fextralife which is usually good, is simply missing or wrong because people are still trying to figure things out.

But upgrading a staff (or chime or talisman, and of course the pyro hand) is always some level of good. It's just the ones that ALSO upgrade spell buff are even better. If you're looking for a good staff, check the ruins in the swamp after the Halfway Fortress. The Heretic's Staff there does get an increase to spell buff when upgraded.

That's the one I had my eye on for this build. I basically just want to get up to 30 INT so I can use Crystal Magic Weapon on a quality build.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Alkydere posted:

Is fextralife usually the more accurate source for information? I've always used the wikidot pages when going through the other games because I liked the clean layout far more than fextralife's.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Vermain posted:

The Grand Archives key will only appear after you kill Aldrich, Yhorm, and AW. You can still access Lothric Castle early, but not the Grand Archives or anything past that.

This really tampers with my grand plan to sneak myself an early Crystal Scroll, oh well. :smith:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Oh jeez, beat the last boss first try on NG+...oh wait he refills his life. Then kills me with a 17 hit combo!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Is there a helmet that doesn't obscure your hair, and where can I find it?

TaurusOxford posted:

Yes, cause heaven forbid Sony or any other console company want to have enticing reasons to buy their hardware. Do you also poo poo on Nintendo because you can't buy Zelda on the XBox?

Well, not because you can't buy it on XBox, no... :pcgaming:

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Is fextralife usually the more accurate source for information? I've always used the wikidot pages when going through the other games because I liked the clean layout far more than fextralife's.

In my experience, wikidot was the place to go for Demon's Souls info, but Fextralife has been better at everything else.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

turtlecrunch posted:

This really tampers with my grand plan to sneak myself an early Crystal Scroll, oh well. :smith:

I tried something similar, just to try and get the twin straight swords early. Dancer at SL10 is incredibly unfun.

And then there's the fight after it. :negative:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Does a Lightning Dark Sword Pyromancer make any sense?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I tried something similar, just to try and get the twin straight swords early. Dancer at SL10 is incredibly unfun.

And then there's the fight after it. :negative:

just trade for them or borrow them from a friend?

VulgarandStupid posted:

Does a Lightning Dark Sword Pyromancer make any sense?

Sure but chaos or dark is better. int/faith scaling is what pyromancers want because that's also what pyromancy scales off of.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Yes, cause heaven forbid Sony or any other console company want to have enticing reasons to buy their hardware.

Actually I'd love it if they had enticing reasons for that, but as it is €400 is too much for a videogame.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Bloodborne sounds cool, but then some guy told me you have to farm your healing which sounds distinctly uncool

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

voltcatfish posted:

Bloodborne sounds cool, but then some guy told me you have to farm your healing which sounds distinctly uncool

You only have to farm blood vials if you suck at the game super hard.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

You don't have to farm it if you're good (lots of enemies drop them)

but yeah it's super poo poo, DS3 > BB by a lot. Thanks BB for introducing a lot of modern conveniences though, now that DS3 is out no one has to play you.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

il serpente cosmico posted:

In my experience, wikidot was the place to go for Demon's Souls info, but Fextralife has been better at everything else.

Welp.

Guess I'll suck it up and learn to like the layout then. It does seem like they are being a bit faster about getting info on weapons in various infusions and stuff though so that's cool.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Welp.

Guess I'll suck it up and learn to like the layout then. It does seem like they are being a bit faster about getting info on weapons in various infusions and stuff though so that's cool.

I hate fextralife as well and exclusively use wikidot for the other games.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

voltcatfish posted:

It sucks in the beginning but its not too bad as long as you remember to buy extras whenever you can. Great game, very worth it if you have a PS4, almost worth it if you don't.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mortimer posted:

You don't have to farm it if you're good (lots of enemies drop them)

but yeah it's super poo poo, DS3 > BB by a lot. Thanks BB for introducing a lot of modern conveniences though, now that DS3 is out no one has to play you.

I'm glad that BB showed us that chalice dungeons were a terrible idea at least. Totally turned me around on the concept.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Vermain posted:

The covenant system's another "one step forwards, two steps back" deal. Good to see a whole Red Eye Orb back in the game after DS2, and completely flabbergasted as to why there aren't even Cracked Blue Eye Orbs in the game when paired with the lovely-rear end Way of Blue system.

I would kill for blue orbs letting you invade sinners the old school way. I can get summons for Aldritch's faithful instantly (literally I put the covenant sign on and I'm summoned so fast I can't do anything else) but I've never, not one single time, ever been summoned as a bluecop and that suuuucks.

Also as cool as it is to be able to switch covenants on the fly, it means that everybody is essentially a member of all covenants at all times. It loses some of the faction allegiance that you used to have, people would identify as which covenant they were in and would stick with one covenant for the most part for one character. I'd like it if you had to pick permanently between being either Aldritch and Darkmoon or Rosaria and Darkmoon or something like that, get a proper civil war going on.

You could even do the BB thing where if you summon somebody in the other covenant as a white phantom they turn red if they're in the other side of the civil war.

Oh well.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mortimer posted:

That's a thing again?

Mortimer posted:

You might be on to something if DkS3 had actual good features like a dedicated healing button, a good quickstep instead of a roll, Rally, and Beasthood.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

You might be on to something if DkS3 had actual good features like a dedicated healing button, a good quickstep instead of a roll, Rally, and Beasthood.

Beasthood barely mattered, unless it became a thing in the dlc. I don't really miss rally, don't mind not having a dedicated button because you can just hold down to get to it, could go either way on the roll.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm glad that BB showed us that chalice dungeons were a terrible idea at least. Totally turned me around on the concept.

Yeah, I did way more Chalice Dungeons than I ever wanted to/enjoyed going for the Platinum trophy.

The problem with randomly generated dungeons is that the layout often makes no sense whatsoever and it's really frustrating to go through a ton of long hallways/rooms that literally lead to a dead end. Only having like 5 different rooms to use to build dungeons didn't help either.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

So I just got this but my framerate is pretty atrocious, is there much you can do about that beyond lowering the graphics to minimum? Afraid it might be beyond my laptop.

Also are plunging attacks still a thing? I tried one against that crystal thing and it didn't seem to work but maybe I just wasn't high enough

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Plunging attacks still exist.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This game is also better than Bloodborne because I didn't like quickstepping. I played both so my opinion is the correct one.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

So I just got this but my framerate is pretty atrocious, is there much you can do about that beyond lowering the graphics to minimum? Afraid it might be beyond my laptop.

Also are plunging attacks still a thing? I tried one against that crystal thing and it didn't seem to work but maybe I just wasn't high enough

I'm never high enough either

what crystal thing?

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
How do I get Unbreakable Patches to move from Cathedral of the Deep to Firelink Shrine? I already did the whole deathtrap and bought all the onion armor from him

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Buschmaki posted:

Plunging attacks still exist.

I'm sorry but your avatar made this incredibly hilarious. :allears:

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing
I accidentally landed on Leonhard's head. Now I have to pay 33000 souls to calm him down. Look before you leap, chaps :saddowns:

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Speaking of things carried over from Bloodborne, is there really no way to mitigate the jailer's HP drain? Frenzy sucked but at least you could carry sedatives and burn your insight.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

voltcatfish posted:

Only if you suck.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Is there a helmet that doesn't obscure your hair, and where can I find it?

The only one in the game is the Pyromancer Crown (it's a sort of headband with a small bit of antler sticking off to the side), which you can purchase from Cornyx once you free him from the Undead Settlement. Atrocious physical absorption, but it's lightweight and has some good elemental absorption on it.

Internet Friend posted:

Speaking of things carried over from Bloodborne, is there really no way to mitigate the jailer's HP drain? Frenzy sucked but at least you could carry sedatives and burn your insight.

Shoot them with a good long range bow like the Dragonrider's Bow and kill them before they get within drain rage. Irithyll Dungeon was more tedious than terrifying with those motherfuckers running around.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Mortimer posted:

Sure but chaos or dark is better. int/faith scaling is what pyromancers want because that's also what pyromancy scales off of.

So is a B/B worth more than an S?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Internet Friend posted:

Bullrush them from around a corner while they're glowing blue not red and kill them in three swings. That's how I did it, run away afterwards if there's more than two of them :v:

Worked pretty well.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I prefer Bloodborne to DS3 by a significant amount but they're both still great games.

It's just more fun to make things go splat in BB. Doesn't feel right anymore if I don't walk away from a fight with all my enemies' insides on my outsides.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Are any of the NG+/++ rings missable? I've pretty much given up on getting these stupid concord covenant items without farming so I might just power through to NG++, get the rest of the rings then spend the rest of my life farming silver knights

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

So is a B/B worth more than an S?

Yeah because you're aiming for 30/30 int/faith not 60 int

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Also, the drain is pretty temporary. If you murder the offending local you only have to wait around maybe 10~15 seconds for your HP to come back. You still have to estus and that's irritating but they could've been so much more bullshit if they'd made that effect permanent until you rest at a bonfire or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

immortal flow posted:

I accidentally landed on Leonhard's head. Now I have to pay 33000 souls to calm him down. Look before you leap, chaps :saddowns:

That's weird, usually NPCs will allow you a few grace hits before getting pissed at you. And falling usually only does like 3 damage. I know I accidentally swung at the vendor lady and Andre once and all they did was say ouch.