Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

All I ever wanted was a Wonder Woman movie directed by Lars von Trier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Inspector Gesicht posted:

All I ever wanted was a Wonder Woman movie directed by Lars von Trier.

Dogville is pretty much already that.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Welp Michael Keaton is out of the Spider-Man reboot.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Scyantific posted:

Smart man

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Scyantific posted:

I have no problem with this.

gregday
May 23, 2003

TheFallenEvincar posted:

So En Sabah Nur definitely did 9/11, right?
Not to be racist (he said as he was) but he sounds like a dude you'd read about on a watchlist or read about being killed in a drone strike

Apocalypse in the plane flying into the twin towers while giving a thumbs up .gif

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Does there being an ancient mutant called Apocalypse, who may be a deity, louse up the whole discrimination metaphor?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The movie is about Westerners fighting a Middle- Eastern religious leader.

:lol:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Does there being an ancient mutant called Apocalypse, who may be a deity, louse up the whole discrimination metaphor?
I mean, Jesus was Middle Eastern.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The movie is about Westerners fighting a Middle- Eastern religious leader.

:lol:

Well, these movies have been about a rich English aristocrat training genetically-superior children to beat up a Holocaust survivor.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Well, these movies have been about a rich English aristocrat training genetically-superior children to beat up a Holocaust survivor.
Are the English stereotypically anti-Semitic though?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Then again, they did kill off the only black guy in a movie set during the Civil Rights era.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

Are the English stereotypically anti-Semitic though?

The royalty certainly were okay with the Nazis before they were bombing London.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

The MSJ posted:

The royalty certainly were okay with the Nazis before they were bombing London.

Pretty much all major European powers (+ Soviet Union) were okay with Nazis before getting backstabbed.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I look forward to the eventual reading of the film that uses this to show just how entrenched the homosexual agenda is.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Apocalypse is beyond mutants as mutants are beyond humans. If mutants are LGBT, then Apocalypse is LGBTXQYZRTH+++.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Mutants are LGBT, Apocalpyse is the public prejudices against LGBT given corporeal form.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Josh Lyman posted:

I mean, Jesus was Middle Eastern.

Jesus was black, Reagan was the devil!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Mutants are LGBT, Apocalpyse is the public prejudices against LGBT given corporeal form.

You mean Oscar Isaac is so handsome all other men turn gay?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Checks out.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The MSJ posted:

That, and also the nefarious, fabulously-dressed, all-powerful entity behind everything evil that ever happened in history.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
In Dr. Strange news, there was an interview recently with the screenwriter where he said that they did not receive any pressure from the studio to tie in existing MCU characters, and that Strange won't be a "2 hour commercial for Marvel's next 2 hour commercial."

Apparently most of the notes from the studio were to make things "weirder" and that they wanted the film to be unlike anything they've done in the MCU before.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Eh, if Professor X is MLK and Magneto is Malcolm X, Apocalypse is basically the black Israelite street preachers who yell at passerbys. Except with like matter control and such.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

In Dr. Strange news, there was an interview recently with the screenwriter where he said that they did not receive any pressure from the studio to tie in existing MCU characters, and that Strange won't be a "2 hour commercial for Marvel's next 2 hour commercial."

Apparently most of the notes from the studio were to make things "weirder" and that they wanted the film to be unlike anything they've done in the MCU before.

I think Doctor Strange was the first Marvel Studios movie to go into production after the "Creative Committee" was disbanded, Feige started reporting to Alan Horn and Perlmutter was relegated to just running the TV side of things, so that makes a bit of sense.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

Timby posted:

I think Doctor Strange was the first Marvel Studios movie to go into production after the "Creative Committee" was disbanded, Feige started reporting to Alan Horn and Perlmutter was relegated to just running the TV side of things, so that makes a bit of sense.

Yeah isn't Perlmutter the one who is causing trouble with characters crossing over from the TV side to the film side? Seems like the less power he has, the better.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

Yeah isn't Perlmutter the one who is causing trouble with characters crossing over from the TV side to the film side? Seems like the less power he has, the better.

He's a giant baby who constantly cuts off his nose to spite his face. He was the one pushing the Inhumans because Fox has the X-Men, and he's the one who made sure that mutants and FF characters cannot be used or featured in other media because of that.

Now since Fiege ousted him, he's trying to pull the same poo poo with the TV side and not have those characters appear in films. Though there is really enough of a barrier there where films are in production for years so they can't anticipate where the TV show people will be, but I'm sure something could be worked out if people wanted to enough. It's also why I think we'll at least get a Defenders cameo in Infinity War, even with Ike throwing a hissy fit.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

Perlmutter's the guy who vetoed Black Widow and Scarlet Witch figures being produced alongside the rest of the main line when Age of Ultron came out, because he felt that girls don't buy action figures / boys won't play with them.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Was Perlmutter the guy who pretended to be a rabbi to con mourners?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That seems like a convenient scapegoat. Was Perlmutter also behind no Rey action figures and no Judy Hopps action figures? Or is Disney just lovely sometimes?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

greatn posted:

That seems like a convenient scapegoat. Was Perlmutter also behind no Rey action figures and no Judy Hopps action figures? Or is Disney just lovely sometimes?

Okay dude, not everything is a conspiracy.

We know for a fact it was this guy who was behind that because he is quoted saying as much. Star Wars is its own stupid thing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

greatn posted:

Eh, I could have sworn I saw my kid cousin with a Rey action figure when I was visiting family in march...

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

greatn posted:

lovely things don't just tumble out of the aether, fully-formed. Someone has to do them. Ike Perlmutter has been doing lovely things at Marvel for years and years, on the comics side and the Disney TV/movie media side.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dexo posted:

Eh, I could have sworn I saw my kid cousin with a Rey action figure when I was visiting family in march...

There's been a bunch of Rey figures, but the thing people are referring too is this 4 pack of really lovely large figures that consisted of Kylo Ren, Finn, Poe and a Stormtrooper. That made people mad.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

Crion posted:

lovely things don't just tumble out of the aether, fully-formed. Someone has to do them. Ike Perlmutter has been doing lovely things at Marvel for years and years, on the comics side and the Disney TV/movie media side.

Thank Christ no one's told this dude about the current Ms. Marvel yet.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

The MSJ posted:

I don't have the image of Wolverine using the 'k' word, but I'd like to remind people that it happened, and Marvel (accidentally) published it.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

He's a giant baby who constantly cuts off his nose to spite his face. He was the one pushing the Inhumans because Fox has the X-Men, and he's the one who made sure that mutants and FF characters cannot be used or featured in other media because of that.

Now since Fiege ousted him, he's trying to pull the same poo poo with the TV side and not have those characters appear in films. Though there is really enough of a barrier there where films are in production for years so they can't anticipate where the TV show people will be, but I'm sure something could be worked out if people wanted to enough. It's also why I think we'll at least get a Defenders cameo in Infinity War, even with Ike throwing a hissy fit.

Charlie Cox has said he is contractually obligated to appear in a film if Marvel asks him. I would imagine that would at least apply to the other Netflix main heroes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

notthegoatseguy posted:

Charlie Cox has said he is contractually obligated to appear in a film if Marvel asks him. I would imagine that would at least apply to the other Netflix main heroes.

Think that's probably in all of their contracts.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Dexo posted:

Think that's probably in all of their contracts.

I feel like at this point, we should all be checking any contract we sign.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Slugworth posted:

I feel like at this point, we should all be checking any contract we sign.

I just click agree without reading the EULA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I just click agree without reading the EULA.

Hope you're ready to step up when Chris Evans quits.

• Locked thread