Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Adix posted:

I ate a sliced mushroom in something; like the kind you'd see on a cartoon pizza. Later, it came back up intact.
That's even more amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I loved bananas as a young kid, then around the age of maybe 5 or 6 (I think it was around preschool or kindergarten age) I suddenly got violently ill for no apparent reason after eating some. Ever since, the taste of bananas is associated with nausea for me. My girlfriend has been trying to help by offering banana items when she eats them (she loving loves bananas), and every time I eat I still get this horrible sense of wrongness. I don't really mind the flavor, my brain just screams that I shouldn't be tasting this.

One night we were at Epcot and she bought some chocolate-banana Pocky sticks from the Japan pavilion. She offered me one, and I politely grabbed it and took a big bite out of it. As I chewed, I looked her right in the eye and said "I'd probably really enjoy this if I liked bananas." Her eyes got wide as she suddenly remembered just why I didn't eat bananas and she began profusely apologizing.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh jeeze how the gently caress dare they.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

A life hack on how to turn a chair into an ungodly abomination:

And on the next episode of hoarders...

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Real true Kitchen Hacks from the best youtube cooking channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxQS_J8Fc80

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Palpek posted:

A life hack on how to turn a chair into an ungodly abomination:

And on the next episode of hoarders...

....?????

JUST BUY A BIN. THEY'RE $10 AT THE WALMART.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
So torn right now. Keep stuff, or go to wal-mart. Decisions, decisions.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Edminster posted:

Tired of all that space donuts take up???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WJina4N8r0

Hang on this bugs me. Whose hand is that. That ain't no donut hacker hand. It should look like a discolored wrestling game to the death between barbapapas.

Or is this the Stepford variety, where the gloss of the immaculately manicured verges and toenails are but the facade for a house full of festering pets and distended husband and kids who are slowly fed to death by the vile schemes hatched by her shambolic lizard people mind???

Yeah. That must be it. Whew. I'm glad we got that sorted.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Adix posted:

I ate a sliced mushroom in something; like the kind you'd see on a cartoon pizza. Later, it came back up intact.

Thank you for making my night. This is exactly how I imagined it when I read your post. :allears:

Ferretten
Jun 13, 2006
behind tired eyes, behind tired eyes, he is waiting. and knowing our destinies.

Life hax: make everything smell of condoms

https://www.facebook.com/172547052803759/videos/1093328324058956/

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Karate Bastard posted:

Printers be shady as gently caress.

I once owned a combination printer+scanner that would refuse to scan if one of the ink tanks got low :saddowns:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I don't see the point of turning condoms into rubber bands. Rubber bands are cheaper than condoms. Unless you're supposed to be upcycling used condoms for these hacks?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Relationship hack:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Palpek posted:

Relationship hack:

So are these for highly autistic couples who cannot bear talking?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I just picture the individuals flipping the pillow over every time they enter the room by themselves as a sort of passive-aggressive argument.

tonight - not tonight - tonight - not tonight - tonight - not tonight

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

with an anime bodypillow, every night is "tonight"

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Palpek posted:

Relationship hack:

Get a pair of them. Finally, something to appease fans of both Smashing Pumpkins and Elle Varner.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

So are these for highly autistic couples who cannot bear talking?

Oh man, this reminds me of one of the worst Shark Tank pitches I ever saw. It was a stuffed elephant, that was supposed to be the Elephant in the Room, and the idea was that you put it out somewhere visible when you had a relationship problem you wanted to talk about with your partner.

A $60 stuffed animal for people who are too passive aggressive to say "Hey, can we talk about X?"

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/8/10/9120905/shark-tank-elephant-chat

Bonus detail - apparently they are divorced now.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

captainOrbital posted:

I just picture the individuals flipping the pillow over every time they enter the room by themselves as a sort of passive-aggressive argument.

Pretend I edited the bugs bunny "duck season / rabbit season" gif to do this

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

When you're done with communicating with your partner using a pillow, you can finish your little toilet project:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

captainOrbital posted:

FutonForensic posted:

with an anime bodypillow, every night is "tonight"

There should be a pillow that fits somewhere between the two.

Some nights, I want to be with Kimiko. Some nights, it's with you. :pervert:

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Palpek posted:

When you're done with communicating with your partner using a pillow, you can finish your little toilet project:

I could kind of see that if you had young children. They think they need half a roll to wipe.

If it's a household of adults, gently caress 'em. I'm using what I want to use.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
At first glance I thought the TP thing was gonna be re: over vs under

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Bonster posted:

I could kind of see that if you had young children. They think they need half a roll to wipe.

If it's a household of adults, gently caress 'em. I'm using what I want to use.

I thought it was something about not letting toilet paper hang too low because...???

Toilet paper rationing is the sort of thing that would make me start using more just out of spite at someone trying to dictate how I am allowed to wipe my rear end.

Adix posted:

Mushrooms are one of the hardest things to digest (which is why people with IBS or other problems generally have to avoid them). Our digestive tract is not entirely sure what to do with fungi, so it takes a long time to break it down.

A few weeks ago, I ate a bunch of mushrooms in something for dinner because mushrooms are delicious. Hours later, I threw up for no apparent reason, and everything was bile goop except for the still perfectly intact mushrooms. Your intestines spend hours and hours trying to digest those delicious fuckers.

Enfys has a new favorite as of 22:58 on Apr 21, 2016

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Enfys posted:

Mushrooms are one of the hardest things to digest (which is why people with IBS or other problems generally have to avoid them). Our digestive tract is not entirely sure what to do with fungi, so it takes a long time to break it down.

A few weeks ago, I ate a bunch of mushrooms in something for dinner because mushrooms are delicious. Hours later, I threw up for no apparent reason, and everything was bile goop except for the still perfectly intact mushrooms. Your intestines spend hours and hours trying to digest those delicious fuckers.

Difficulty in digesting mushrooms is due to natural variation in chitinase expression, which is not very high in Western Caucasians for similar reasons to lactase expression being low in South East Asian populations.

High chitinase levels and activity in digestive juices are observed in around 1 in 5 white European-descended people. So I guess you're one of the unlucky 80%. Assuming you're Caucasian. If not, you're astonishingly unlucky, because almost every other human genetic clade expresses pretty high levels of chitinase by comparison.

Scientastic has a new favorite as of 07:46 on Apr 22, 2016

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
Could the fact that you're puking up intact food be a clue to the problem? Maybe if you tried chewing your food instead of inhaling it, you wouldn't throw it up.

bend
Dec 31, 2012
It might help if you chew them I would think, unless this is some lifehack to save time at the dinner table and have reusable fungi for midnight snacks. like a animal off the floor, wallah and so on probably applies then I guess.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scientastic posted:

Difficulty in digesting mushrooms is due to natural variation in chitinase expression, which is not very high in Western Caucasians for similar reasons to lactase expression being low in South East Asian populations.

High chitinase levels and activity in digestive juices are observed in around 1 in 5 white European-descended people. So I guess you're one of the unlucky 80%. Assuming you're Caucasian. If not, you're astonishingly unlucky, because almost every other human genetic clade expresses pretty high levels of chitinase by comparison.

I thought it was because humans are just bad digesting stuff neither animal nor plant. :downs:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the case that if you do have the barfs coming on, the digestive system puts everything into full expunge mode, to the point that even fluid is no longer being taken up but instead pumped all astern full into the digestive tract, the rationale being to reduce the potential for poison frogs, boogers and other assorted pathogens that your dumb chimp hands have thought it prudent to jam down the gullet to enter past the mucous membrane and into the blood stream and body proper. Then you barf and go on to live another day. And That's why you sometimes hurl pieces of intact foodstuffs. Besides obviously you've been eating like a loving hog and not chewed anything you gobbled down that horrid trash chute, but still, is that whereabouts correct?

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 23:56 on Apr 21, 2016

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Mushrooms are disgusting gutter food.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

Noctone posted:

Mushrooms are disgusting gutter food.

I pity you and your wrong opinions.

sudont
May 10, 2011
this program is useful for when you don't want to do something.

Fun Shoe

Trebek posted:

How did they even accomplish this? I'm assuming it's not CGI. Is the donut attached to a string or something? It's one of the best uses of practical effects I've ever seen.

I laughed till I cried at this question. Oh, man, I'm dyin' over here. I love the amount of thought you've put into the physics of this man being attacked by a pastry. DYING.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Dude how did your reply jump over like nine pages are you a time machine?

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Lifehack: chew your food or have your mom cut it up into tiny pieces so you don't choke!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Burn the decadent west.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
nope, gotta take the whole human race down for that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

A long spoon with a thing to hold your phone on the end. This is the future Asimov envisioned for us. The future is now.