Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
At the very least, brown chests should just always be unlocked. That still won't guarantee a gun, but at least you might get something helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Roluth posted:

Tried Cryptark a few months ago, but it just wouldn't run very well at all on my bad 3 year-old laptop with AMD/integrated switchable graphics. Very jerky and inconsistent.
Not sure if it was AMD cards or just a horrible computer.
For comparison, Gungeon runs pretty well on this thing.

They've tweaked it quite a bit. Some levels used to run like rear end even my desktop but it's mostly fine now.

Another recommendation is flamebreak which gives you alot of control over your build, but it's kinda light contentwise. You're not going to get 100+ hours out of it, but it's solid for a while if you can get over the mobile game graphics.

ETG content: One free chest on level 1, shops normalized to full heart, key, ammo and loving fill out the rest of the slots every time what is this, poland?:(

Klaus Kinski fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 21, 2016

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Yeah sorry, this is what I meant.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

FrickenMoron posted:

So im 100 runs in and havent seen a single glitch or rainbow chest.

I'm at like 98 (minus a couple where a friend played, but he didn't see any either) and same here.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The mimic tooth necklace is almost worth the pain in the rear end of fighting mimics all the time just so you don't have to deal with the keys issue

If you get the mimic-tooth necklace plus the experimental railgun you could just merk mimics from the hallway, I got to do that in one early run minus the necklace. I'm one mimic kill from unlocking the necklace right now, and this is by far the most runs one of the frifle/mauser challenges has taken for me.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone that could help me identify the last two guns of the Beholster? Apparently there is a bonus for getting all of them in one run

I can see the Eye of the Beholster, Comm4ndo, Void Marshal and the Machine Pistol. The last two are the Colt and the Makarov maybe?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

That's not a revolver, that's a luger.

Edit- looking at the video one of those pistols is DEFINITELY an M1911. The MAC is the one you can't see at all. I don't recognize the super generic looking pistol on the bottom right. It doesn't have a red grip.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 22, 2016

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

From that screenshot it looks like a Walther ppk (james bond pistol)?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Trying not to kill the caped bullet-kin but this dipshit wolf does anyway <:mad:>

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Wow, 4th floor door lord is the biggest pile of bullshit ever. Comm4ndo shots (and sticky crossbow ones) just bounced right off of him. What the gently caress.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

Wow, 4th floor door lord is the biggest pile of bullshit ever. Comm4ndo shots (and sticky crossbow ones) just bounced right off of him. What the gently caress.

I finally took him down with the AU Gun and the blessing that makes you sometimes shoot four shots. I still got hit six times. That made it the third time I've gotten to the fifth floor in 40 hours of this game, why do I suck soooo much.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Had a run where I found Gunther for the first time outside of Gun Game, and then found electrified bullets.

And then the game crashed before I could go to Bullet Hell :negative:

NeonCowboy
Oct 9, 2009

I see y'all flashing, diamond, dancing, shining /
Keep your head up
gently caress this piece of poo poo game.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Killed the past for the Marine and Pilot today.

A good day.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.

Yay my first step of not being terrible at this game has begun. Getting an early Glacier was really nice for bosses. The fact that it seems to slow them and their attacks while also destroying any nearby bullets they were shooting was fantastic.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Getting the elevators done was a pain in the rear end but it's helped with doing other pain in the rear end parts of the game like grinding certain monsters for the hunt quests and recovering the robot arm.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I just noticed that holding the emblem from the sewer dungeon increases your damage. Standard Bulletkin went down in 2 starter gun hits on level 2 instead of 3.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

So apparently there's a thing been patched in where if you haven't found any keys yet there's a guaranteed key in the shop, so :frogsiren: if a key drops do not pick it up before you've gone to the shop :frogsiren: so you can guarantee another. The rat doesn't take keys. Which is really stupid, the shop should just have a guaranteed key.

Or you should just cheat for keys because it's way better that way

Trying to squirrel away enough ammo to get through bullet hell while spending most of your money on keys and still possibly missing several gun drops is really terrible

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Shop should carry at least 1 key/heart/ammo and a gun.

TheRevolution1
Sep 21, 2011
If anyone is curious as to how item rarity works, here's a list of every item and its rarity.

Don't click if you don't want the names of all the items spoiled.

Every item/gun is ranked D, C, B, A, or S which generally corresponds to brown, blue, green, red, and black chests respectively.

There's still a few that haven't been filled in on that spreadsheet. If you want to help just open up the output.txt file in your Enter the Gungeon\EtG_Data folder after picking up an item from a chest or boss and it will show the rarity of the item in the text file. I don't think it works for other drops like munchers or shops.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Well poo poo.

Also ran into a secret room with 3 witches and a pot that I've never seen before.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Getting the elevators done was a pain in the rear end but it's helped with doing other pain in the rear end parts of the game like grinding certain monsters for the hunt quests and recovering the robot arm.

Do you have to put together the bullet that kills the past or something before you can find the arm? I've scoured the blacksmith room a couple of times now and have found nothing.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Power of Pecota posted:

Do you have to put together the bullet that kills the past or something before you can find the arm? I've scoured the blacksmith room a couple of times now and have found nothing.

It didn't show up for me until after my first time to bullet hell.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Awesome, just finished the Convict's past.

Com4ndo is such a good weapon.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

gently caress yeah, finally killed the past as Marine after 50-odd deaths. Didn't even need the Pig.

Now to pick another character to repeatedly bash my head against the wall with. Probably Convict.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

He was only two days away from retirement.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
That badge is the dumbest item in the world because as far as I can tell after he dies he wont come back and you just get a permanent curse point.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

That badge is the dumbest item in the world because as far as I can tell after he dies he wont come back and you just get a permanent curse point.

From what I've read, if you don't talk to him, he will respawn on the next floor.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
So you get punished for comforting a dying man. Nice, game.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I believe someone else in this thread mentioned that you get a permanent passive damage bonus along with the curse point, presumably because you have gone on a rampage to avenge your fallen partner.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I didn't even know the cop could die, wow that's terrible. All of the other items that give you an ally that I've found such as the wingman don't let that happen.

Also I think we need to finally address the important question, why is the shopkeeper so huge.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Devs confirmed that the "Off the Rails" thing you get when he dies gives you a damage buff along with the curse, which is a nice perk.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
You're a loose cannon, Pilot!

Edit: Can confirm that flawlessing the Old King doesn't actually unlock anything.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 22, 2016

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone that could help me identify the last two guns of the Beholster? Apparently there is a bonus for getting all of them in one run

I can see the Eye of the Beholster, Comm4ndo, Void Marshal and the Machine Pistol. The last two are the Colt and the Makarov maybe?

Trying this with cheat engine and I've got the eye, comando, void marshal and machine pistol. For the rest I've got 1911 and like 30 other guns and nothing happened yet in bullet hell.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Nighthand posted:

It didn't show up for me until after my first time to bullet hell.

I haven't been there and got the arm.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Is it my imagination or is this game as hard as balls?

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Samovar posted:

Is it my imagination or is this game as hard as balls?

It's hard for a while and then you beat it once and realize it's actually not bad outside of 1-2 bosses.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
it's hard until u start actuyally unlocking unlockables with the unlockable money you get

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
Is there a huge damage bonus for having extra accuracy with a crossbow or something? I found the crossbow with the Marine and picked up a muscle relaxant to go along with my army training, and the crossbow was one-shotting pretty much every non-boss enemy, even the shotgun-kin on the 4th and 5th floors o_O

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Mr. Wednesday posted:

Is there a huge damage bonus for having extra accuracy with a crossbow or something? I found the crossbow with the Marine and picked up a muscle relaxant to go along with my army training, and the crossbow was one-shotting pretty much every non-boss enemy, even the shotgun-kin on the 4th and 5th floors o_O

The Muscle relaxant has a hidden damage bonus to any "precision" weapons, like the crossbow, the Sniper Rifle, the A.W.P, etc etc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
The crossbow also has high base damage, so yeah, anything that buffs it will see it one-shotting basic enemies all over the place for most of the game.