Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That's the Macronaut! No way related to the Micronauts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

X-O posted:

I have no idea what the hell is going on here, but god bless Al Ewing.

Is that Leinil Yu?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

Is that Leinil Yu?

Rocafort , he's been the artist on every issue and his insane cosmic stuff is amazing. The splash page of Eternity bound in chains is poster material.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I don't know what that thing is, but I wanna see Ms America punch it in the face.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

X-O posted:

Rocafort , he's been the artist on every issue and his insane cosmic stuff is amazing. The splash page of Eternity bound in chains is poster material.

Yeah it's gorgeous.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Eternity got a crazy suit goin on there.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Macronaut! Probably comes from outer-outer space. Legally distinct from Micronauts.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Been busy the last couple of days so only just catching up with this week's comics. The last page of New Avengers cheered me up no end, there's just something quite endearing about that dude's silly little catchphrase. Definitely one of my favourite buddy pairings in anything, those two.

:allears:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
I want to see Smasher and their kid return too, but I am also super excited for more of Sam and Roberto being buds!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'd be totally cool with Erica Henderson becoming the new Marvel house style.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Same but with Stacey Lee. God I love her art and it's a major reason I love Silk so god-damned much.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

Same but with Stacey Lee. God I love her art and it's a major reason I love Silk so god-damned much.

I miss her art and I have not been digging Tana Ford at all since the relaunch

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Veronica Fish has been doing a very similar job as Lee and it feels of a piece with Silk's original art direction.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Die Laughing posted:

Macronaut! Probably comes from outer-outer space. Legally distinct from Micronauts.

No, its RON Star Cossack, completely different than ROM, Space Knight.

Sentinel Red posted:

Been busy the last couple of days so only just catching up with this week's comics. The last page of New Avengers cheered me up no end, there's just something quite endearing about that dude's silly little catchphrase. Definitely one of my favourite buddy pairings in anything, those two.

:allears:

Yep, I was so happy to see that, becuase that is one of my favorite friendships in comics. Though I'm curious where Squirrel Girl, Hulking and Wiccan are.

Toxxupation posted:

Veronica Fish has been doing a very similar job as Lee and it feels of a piece with Silk's original art direction.

Which one had the more mangaish style? I much preferred Silk with that art, it's like Giruhiru on Gwenpool.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

twistedmentat posted:

Yep, I was so happy to see that, becuase that is one of my favorite friendships in comics. Though I'm curious where Squirrel Girl, Hulking and Wiccan are.

They were teleported somewhere, and we will find out more next issue

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ooooh. are we getting a new Quasar? I know I'm probably the only person that liked Quasar, but I hope so. When was the last time we saw the Quantum Bands?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Looks to me like some minimalist styling for Dagger's costume cutout. With the interest boost from Beaton, they're probably fast-tracking a Dagger's Visible Boobs series.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

X-O posted:

Ooooh. are we getting a new Quasar? I know I'm probably the only person that liked Quasar, but I hope so. When was the last time we saw the Quantum Bands?

Wasn't Phyla-vell wearing them last? She has been dead since 2010.

Edit: It is definitely Quasar. Yes more cosmic Marvel. Man I want a villain to go good. This works best at Marvel when they stick with it.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 23, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've been waiting for the return of Generic Emblem from Every Superhero MMO Man. He's my favorite.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr Hootington posted:

Quasar (Wendell Vaughn) had them in Annihilators. I'm not sure where they ended up after that.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

X-O posted:

Quasar (Wendell Vaughn) had them in Annihilators. I'm not sure where they ended up after that.

looking at the wikis that would be the last time they showed up.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

X-O posted:

I always liked Quasar because I thought his cloak looked cool with those stars in it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr Hootington posted:

looking at the wikis that would be the last time they showed up.

The Annihilators showed up in the first Thanos OGN from Starlin but where those fit into continuity because they time jump all over the place and whether they do at all is murky at best.

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

Well of course she's dead, she was a lesbian. :geno:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Picklepuss posted:

Well of course she's dead, she was a lesbian. :geno:

And a dragonphile.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Quasar's quantum symbol has a circle around it, almost like the Starbrand, but all the way around. Let's not get our hopes up, especially since when they bring Wendell back they tend to gently caress with him.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

X-O posted:

The Annihilators showed up in the first Thanos OGN from Starlin but where those fit into continuity because they time jump all over the place and whether they do at all is murky at best.

Man I loved the whole Annihilators run. Every single character on that roster was God tier or at least demi-God tier. And all commanded by Cosmo, BECAUSE HE'S A GOOD BOY YES HE IS! . Which was loving awesome. Any team that has Quasar AND Beta Ray Bill gets all my money especially if Lanning and Abnett are doing it.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Apr 23, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Jiro posted:

Man I loved the whole Annihilators run. Every single character on that roster was God tier or at least demi-God tier. And all commanded by Cosmo, BECAUSE HE'S A GOOD BOY YES HE IS! . Which was loving awesome. Any team that has Quasar AND Beta Ray Bill gets all my money especially if Lanning and Abnett are doing it.

Such a badass team that was. Too bad the storyline was kind of terrible. I was hoping for more of them fighting Eternal level threats and not Magus cultists. It's like watching the Avengers beat up AIM for the 8 millionth time, do I really care? No, go fight Galactus.

Basically everything that's great about Al Ewing's Ultimates. Have him reform and write the Annihilators next.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

PaybackJack posted:

Such a badass team that was. Too bad the storyline was kind of terrible. I was hoping for more of them fighting Eternal level threats and not Magus cultists. It's like watching the Avengers beat up AIM for the 8 millionth time, do I really care? No, go fight Galactus.

Basically everything that's great about Al Ewing's Ultimates. Have him reform and write the Annihilators next.

And right after that he can relaunch Exiles.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Exiles already exists, it's just all Spider-Men and named Web-Warriors

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TwoPair posted:

Exiles already exists, it's just all Spider-Men and named Web-Warriors

Except it's also not as good, because it's just all Spider-Men, fighting Spider-Men bad guys. Also it's probably getting cancelled at issue 12.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Yvonmukluk posted:

And right after that he can relaunch Exiles.

"Exiles" is a funny way to spell "Agents of ATLAS." :colbert:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

"Exiles" is a funny way to spell "Agents of ATLAS." :colbert:

Them too.

Just let Al Ewing write whatever the hell he wants, Marvel.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Them too.

Just let Al Ewing write whatever the hell he wants, Marvel.

It feels like Ewing is gonna be given the keys to the kingdom like Hickman was. Everything he writes is fantastic.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Hey. Thanks for the books. You're a good egg. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ferrule posted:

Hey. Thanks for the books. You're a good egg. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

I am honestly trying to be better! Providing comics to goons i just one step along to way!

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Yvonmukluk posted:

Except it's also not as good, because it's just all Spider-Men, fighting Spider-Men bad guys. Also it's probably getting cancelled at issue 12.

This makes me sad because I'm actually enjoying it. It's not perfect or mindblowingly good or anything like that, but it's solidly entertaining.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Are there any books that are within the MCU?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Are there any books that are within the MCU?

No. They occasionally publish some garbage tie ins but they usually end up being contradicted by later films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

No. They occasionally publish some garbage tie ins but they usually end up being contradicted by later films.

Okay, thanks. I figured as much, but I'm slowly going through all the movies before civil war comes out and it seemed worth checking on.

• Locked thread