Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

If the guy is holding super tight angles and hits a number of shots before the enemy has even visually appeared on screen, 32 tick or not he's probably triggering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

qhat posted:

If the guy is holding super tight angles and hits a number of shots before the enemy has even visually appeared on screen, 32 tick or not he's probably triggering

That's a good point, honestly never really dealt with triggerbots much, back in 1.6 it was mostly aim/walls (from what I saw, although maybe trigger was common and just again harder to point out when combined with other stuff).

Spiros posted:

Generally speaking people don't just triggerbot when they cheat and when they do triggerbot only they usually aren't particularly fluid. It's gonna be impossible to get 100% positive ids but I think you'll know when somebody is cheating usually.

Yeah, typically I would expect someone to be doing walls+trigger or aim+walls.

Hackers are 99% of the time easy as gently caress to point out because they have poor CS skills while being ridiculously good, also, for example, wall hackers will end up looking at walls oddly then smoothly avoid getting pinched and stuff like that.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Gone through quite a few overwatch cases myself and I would say about 20-30% are actually hacking or griefing. The most obvious so far was the guy hitting awp headshots through the doors mid on de_dust2 from t-side by shooting through the right door. A few started out with nothing showing as well and then toggled. But a lot do seem to just be smurfs and you can tell by their movement/crosshair placement they are on a different level then the rest of the people they are playing against.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I've never gotten an overwatch case for griefing. Do you get to see chat/voice?

I only do overwatch once a month now though because its almost always some guy smurfing

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
yeah you can get overwatches for griefing though they seem a bit rarer

i have no idea how they handle abusive text/voice chat reports and that's puzzled me for a long time

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Up Circle posted:

I've never gotten an overwatch case for griefing. Do you get to see chat/voice?

I only do overwatch once a month now though because its almost always some guy smurfing

The few that I have had are from people that either just sit in spawn and can't be kicked, typically two doing this at the same time, or ones where the suspect constantly runs around a teammate and blocks their shots.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
144hz is trippy in this game. It's like uncapping Doom's lock of 36fps. (No one here will understand that analogy but)

So smooth. It's like silk. For the eyeballs.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

These days I'm playing Overpass, Cache or Mirage almost exclusively. It's much better than D2. But it seems like I've hit a wall as a MGII and don't know how I can improve my play.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-TfWAn-qDFLB-RjjUa-p38Xq-bNmkP

I think my last demo got lost amidst the update discussion, so here's a new one I played today. Can someone give me a brief overview on what I'm doing wrong in this game? It was as if I couldn't hit the side of a barn, while the other side was wrecking us as if we were all bots.

(I'm 7 TON in the game btw)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
woa anyone ever ripped the bingo bonogo bango buish bash bosh wav file and set it as message notification it like crazy frog as ringtone [only 90s kids][millenials get out]

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

UnfurledSails posted:

These days I'm playing Overpass, Cache or Mirage almost exclusively. It's much better than D2. But it seems like I've hit a wall as a MGII and don't know how I can improve my play.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-TfWAn-qDFLB-RjjUa-p38Xq-bNmkP

I think my last demo got lost amidst the update discussion, so here's a new one I played today. Can someone give me a brief overview on what I'm doing wrong in this game? It was as if I couldn't hit the side of a barn, while the other side was wrecking us as if we were all bots.

(I'm 7 TON in the game btw)

for this replay im not holding back "I'm gonna go medieval on your rear end" <<--- little quote most of you just wont "get"

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArfJason posted:

i have no idea how they handle abusive text/voice chat reports and that's puzzled me for a long time
I don't think they care enough to deal with those reports. I assume if a player gets enough, they automatically get a cooldown for griefing or something.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Demostrs posted:

im just leaving this here

https://imgur.com/a/Yk5eC

two pages back but this isn't getting near enough shame. good grief.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I'm watching a video of Thorin wearing a bathrobe and talking about CSGO.

...where did my life take a wrong turn?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Smol posted:

...where did my life take a wrong turn?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

No no, he said his life, not life in general, silly. I would wager it was shortly after you gained sentience, smol.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
i still dont have overwatch :(

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

henne posted:

I thought everyone just got it

got to smfc I'm sure to rank back to LEM soon

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
BUTTZ got overwatch with 150 wins at gn4, so meow if you don't have that yet welp

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

140 wins GN4, no overwatch. I just wanna get high and judge suspected cheaters :(

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

henne posted:

anti gamers are banned from overwatch XD

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Fateo McMurray posted:

140 wins GN4, no overwatch. I just wanna get high and judge suspected cheaters :(

You need 150 wins to get it, after 150 you may immediately get it or it may take a few more wins.

ArfJason posted:

for this replay im not holding back "I'm gonna go medieval on your rear end" <<--- little quote most of you just wont "get"

do u still have my ace of base cassette?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I made a mistake and mm'd last night when my intention was to decay for a few months down to the fun ranks

Oops.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Xenaero posted:

I made a mistake and mm'd last night when my intention was to decay for a few months down to the fun ranks

Oops.
Well, "fun ranks" equals people you poo poo on and drop 40-bombs, so I suppose this is for the better.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

symbolic posted:

Well, "fun ranks" equals people you poo poo on and drop 40-bombs, so I suppose this is for the better.

Fair enough. You just can't bizon mash people into pulp on buy rounds as easily at LE-SMFC.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
I don't understand smurfing in competitive, go play casual if you want to poo poo on a bunch of bad players without trying

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Sweeper posted:

I don't understand smurfing in competitive, go play casual if you want to poo poo on a bunch of bad players without trying

It's fun to poo poo on people that get all bent out of shape about it. That literally it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

qhat posted:

It's fun to poo poo on people that get all bent out of shape about it. That literally it.
People get bent out of shape when you poo poo on them in casual, too, although it's less "Play at your own rank" and more "It's casual, bro, stop trying so hard".

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Xenaero posted:

Oops.

It doesn't actually decary, you just lose the rank, play one MM match and you get your rank back, maybe drop by one rank. Had an account I let sit for six months, played 3 MM, lost the first 2 and won the third one and I was MGE instead of DMG the account was left at.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
It decays

I've had several smurfs rank back after months and it was significantly lower. One was SMFC>MG2, that was idle for about 4 months.

(not counting rank shift)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Yeah, it decays. I was GNM, stopped playing comp for a month or two, won my first game, and now I'm GN1.

I wonder if I can make it to Silver 1 unintentionally :unsmith:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

https://youtu.be/0k6tNe5mWD8

looks like what everyone thought was true if s1mple is telling the truth.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Xenaero posted:

Fair enough. You just can't bizon mash people into pulp on buy rounds as easily at LE-SMFC.

Believe in the power of the Bizon. I miss that gun, I used to buy it all the time before kevlar second round became standard.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

This is my first instance of playing Royal outside of the first week of Wildfire. MM is broken :yarg:

And I finished it with a 4k clutch :smug:

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Sweeper posted:

The only time I could even get it, is if you have real life friends that you want to play competitive with, but they are seriously so poo poo at the game they are way to low and you are not allowed to queue with them.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

It makes sense if you assume that it's fun to win and playing easy games are the best way to win

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

qhat posted:

It makes sense if you assume that it's fun to win and playing easy games are the best way to win
At the expense of at least 5 other people having a lovely time, yes.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

symbolic posted:

At the expense of at least 5 other people having a lovely time, yes.

I think that is of least concern in the smurf mind

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I mean people are saying they don't understand why people smurf, but people like to troll and also people obviously like to win, so I find it hard to see what people find so difficult to understand about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

fyallm posted:

The only time I could even get it, is if you have real life friends that you want to play competitive with, but they are seriously so poo poo at the game they are way to low and you are not allowed to queue with them.

i cant play with my friends anymore due to ranking up too much with my smurf