Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

also I haven't been buying my avatars back, people in the star citizen thread have been buying my pink elephant back

I thought that thread got shut down, again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
there is now a subforum

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saw, that's an interesting choice.

Hopefully it's not absolutely garbage.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the star citizen thread itself hasn't been incredibly funny for a while now

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I had to give up following it. Couldn't keep up and tired of being several hundred pages behind.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Catte update. They love each other again.

I'll stalk them with a camera tomorrow to get cat cuddle picture.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

There are two EVE threads. Which one do I post in?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Mux posted:

This one if you want to be chill and simply talk about EVE things. The other one if you want to start making GBS threads on other players and possibly talk about EVE things.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Mux posted:

always this one

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Tried to ask in the other thread before I was reminded of this one.

With the new Industrial Array showing a crew of 580, I wonder how many the Citadels will have. Has CCP said anything about it yet, or have videos shown anything? I kinda hope the XLs get into the millions of crew, as I vaguely recall supers/titans having crew in the thousands.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hobold posted:

With the new Industrial Array showing a crew of 580, I wonder how many the Citadels will have. Has CCP said anything about it yet, or have videos shown anything? I kinda hope the XLs get into the millions of crew, as I vaguely recall supers/titans having crew in the thousands.

XL Citadels dwarf Titans so I think it's a fair enough assumption it'll be a huge number of NPCs we forget are a thing when we blow them up and make all their children orphans.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Yeah I think they published numbers of non capsuleers killed in B-R and it was basically WW2 in 1 day. I can't find them though

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
dont forget that they work for actual pennies, capsuleers are unfathomably wealthy, even newbie miners

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you want to make money why don't you just become immortal space gods :smuggo:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Hobold posted:

Okay I have to ask.

Why do you "kinda hope the XLs get into the millions of crew" since the value you are asking about have absolutely no repercussion on the game and are really more an after thought? Seriously, what does it change whether its 1 crew member or 50 million?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
My immersion, dalel.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What if he just likes the idea that there are millions of humans who aren't immortal space gods that die whenever one of those structures blow up?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Someone petition CCP to get a 2nd monument at their headquarter to commemorate non capsulers who died since the beginning of EVE.

"Here lies Joe Pubbie who died when his capsuleer did not cancel the self-destruct in time while playing chicken."

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Dalael posted:

This one if you want to be chill and simply talk about EVE things. The other one if you want to start making GBS threads on other players and possibly talk about EVE things.

But what if I just want to chill and shitpost?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
That's fine man just be chill.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thinking about it. The one thing I really hope CCP don't phase out of DUST on PC is the ability to awox.

Doing the Grief University stuff with people from GoonFeet made DUST on PS3 a lot of fun because of how clowny & mad people got over those antics.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
I thought all the ships where flown by us, the capsuleers. We are hooked up with the ship in such a way that there is no room/need for a crew.

Thanks ccp. My immersion is vind

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
wrong thread

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^ Keep that stupid drama/gossip poo poo in the unchill thread and don't import it into here.

Thatim posted:

I thought all the ships where flown by us, the capsuleers. We are hooked up with the ship in such a way that there is no room/need for a crew.

Thanks ccp. My immersion is vind

Nope, there are dozens of NPCs who crew your ship.

Each and everytime you die they die as well but they don't get to resurrect. Suicide ganking becomes a lot more grim when you take that into consideration.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Jesus.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Yeah I think the only ships that potentially have no crew are frigates, but everything above that still has some amount of crew onboard. The capsuleer interfacing with the ship cuts down on crew members though I believe.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Dalael posted:

Okay I have to ask.

Why do you "kinda hope the XLs get into the millions of crew" since the value you are asking about have absolutely no repercussion on the game and are really more an after thought? Seriously, what does it change whether its 1 crew member or 50 million?

Because for the longest time, I believed that our ships were empty/ heavily modified and automated and without civilian crew. Ever since I learned otherwise, its given an extra bit of a thrill to know all these faceless bits of livestock keep getting slaughtered for the off chance of making it rich.

I want to say some lore from years ago equated a single isk to several months worth of income for average planet bound workers?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hobold posted:

Because for the longest time, I believed that our ships were empty/ heavily modified and automated and without civilian crew. Ever since I learned otherwise, its given an extra bit of a thrill to know all these faceless bits of livestock keep getting slaughtered for the off chance of making it rich.

I want to say some lore from years ago equated a single isk to several months worth of income for average planet bound workers?

Man, you're gonna love the Frigates of EVE artbook then.

They showed an actual cow in a cow pod in one of the ships they drew for the book.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Unfunny Poster posted:

They showed an actual cow in a cow pod in one of the ships they drew for the book.

Yeah I know, I was watching the keynote. I really want that book, and am really hoping they do more than just the frigate line. It'd be neat as gently caress if they'd do a book on a class every year or two. Destroyers through Battleships. Reminds me of that old StarWars cross section book.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

yes?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hobold posted:

Yeah I know, I was watching the keynote. I really want that book, and am really hoping they do more than just the frigate line. It'd be neat as gently caress if they'd do a book on a class every year or two. Destroyers through Battleships. Reminds me of that old StarWars cross section book.

I never saw the Star Wars one, I remember my 2nd grade class having it for like ships, tanks, planes etc. though.

Also I read the Valkyrie comics they put out finally, they're pretty decent.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

'Real crew' immersion breaks down when you try to imagine the kind of people who would crew a catalyst.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Unfunny Poster posted:

XL Citadels dwarf Titans so I think it's a fair enough assumption it'll be a huge number of NPCs we forget are a thing when we blow them up and make all their children orphans.

Probably not that many orphans, since the children will probably live on the stations too! :sun:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
frigates are manned by just the pod, titans have fuckloads of dudes

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Unfunny Poster posted:

i dont play eve but i own that first art of eve book. im also getting this book. i love spaceship art

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
why yes, i did infact buy art from star citizen people too

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

why yes, i did infact buy art from star citizen people too

That's sad.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006