Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

RareAcumen posted:

And is that John Marston?

Man With No Name/Clint Eastwood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

RareAcumen posted:

And is that John Marston?
:catstare:

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

Ygolonac posted:

May as well dump a bunch of stuff I've saved off.

Occasionally this thread pays off. Danke

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

From the Stellaris thread, the Smuggest Slug.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

The MSJ posted:

I still wonder what the Rat Pack Die Hard movie would be like.
I wouldn't know, but for whatever reason I imagine that they would go the Adam Sandler levels of effort. Every scene would just have the entire gang just standing around, joking around and bragging about their sexual prowess. Legitimate conversations, no script or anything. Every couple of minutes, they would move into another room, Dean Martin would just shoot everybody in there like Robocop, and then make an offensive crack about Sammy Davis, and they'd all go back to nursing their drinks.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I wouldn't know, but for whatever reason I imagine that they would go the Adam Sandler levels of effort. Every scene would just have the entire gang just standing around, joking around and bragging about their sexual prowess. Legitimate conversations, no script or anything. Every couple of minutes, they would move into another room, Dean Martin would just shoot everybody in there like Robocop, and then make an offensive crack about Sammy Davis, and they'd all go back to nursing their drinks.

I would watch this movie

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Swedish Horror posted:

From the Stellaris thread, the Smuggest Slug.

Now this is smug-slugging

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Heck yes more Reboot

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Thanks, assholes, for reminding me that the world has been without Tony Jay for a decade this year :smith:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Thanks, assholes, for reminding me that the world has been without Tony Jay for a decade this year :smith:

Also that ReBoot will never get a proper conclusion.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kennel posted:

Man With No Name/Clint Eastwood

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly was my second guess. I don't have a deep well of cowboys to mix someone up with.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress yeah.

Now I wanna see this person's Invader Zim.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Christo posted:

Eh, its the least fitting of the examples I used, admittedly. Pokemon still have a few rules like having no more than two of the designated set of elemental types and no more than three stages to a evolution line

neither of which have anything to actually do with character design, that's mostly mechanical

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s4SUVtWEUE

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

haha, jesus christ

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wow, that's a deep cut.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

jesus christ, they couldn't have just made him a loving bird, like you wouldn't even have to change his name, what the gently caress

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Butt Ox posted:

hard counter posted:

jesus christ, they couldn't have just made him a loving bird, like you wouldn't even have to change his name, what the gently caress
You might have noticed, character design for anthropomorphic animals is biased heavily toward mammals (or reptiles/fish) because it's harder to make the abomination not look like garbage when the artist (especially if it's an amateur) has to account for morphology that doesn't even vaguely resemble human features.

That's my hypothesis at least. Also it heavily depends upon which features are of concern in any given artwork...

^ from the Awful Game Mods Thread

Might as well post some fanart while I'm here.

http://i.imgur.com/fnlbqyp.jpg

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

silentsnack posted:

You might have noticed, character design for anthropomorphic animals is biased heavily toward mammals (or reptiles/fish) because it's harder to make the abomination not look like garbage when the artist (especially if it's an amateur) has to account for morphology that doesn't even vaguely resemble human features.

That's my hypothesis at least. Also it heavily depends upon which features are of concern in any given artwork...

Personally I think there are a number of factors influencing what sort of animal a furry prefers. One that comes to mind for the less normal varieties is the degree to which they find humans interesting. The less a furry prefers humans, the more they will gravitate to more obscure and less "human" looking animals. This starts out with mammals and generally popular animals, then goes towards lizards and avians, and eventually starts to go towards insectoid and marine life.

E: Meant to post this at an earlier point in time. Apparently the voice actress for Amethyst in Steven Universe voiced a character in GTA V.

http://squarestmom.tumblr.com/post/143087782270/umi-made-a-thing-audio-from-here

Mikedawson has a new favorite as of 12:49 on Apr 23, 2016

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Ugh I want that Isaac Clarke plushie

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mr Tastee posted:

E: Meant to post this at an earlier point in time. Apparently the voice actress for Amethyst in Steven Universe voiced a character in GTA V.

http://squarestmom.tumblr.com/post/143087782270/umi-made-a-thing-audio-from-here

Someone compiled all of her lines from GTA V.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-zy3w_86iY

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
That went from :staredog: to :3: so fast.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

If Kyubey just did that from the start the show would be perfect and entertaining as gently caress.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mokinokaro posted:

That went from :staredog: to :3: so fast.

No it stayed :staredog: the whole time.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

No it stayed :staredog: the whole time.

You tend to have terrible opinions anyway. Like for example, I'm sure you'd say something like Space Patrol Luluco is a bad show.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

:same:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Plethora posted:

If Kyubey just did that from the start the show would be perfect and entertaining as gently caress.

Wouldn't work though. He has to get maximum despair energy, people who survive cancer with magic would be way too positive for him.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Giving Spyro a sword is silly, but at least it's not Skylanders Spyro.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

http://monkeyskeletons.tumblr.com/post/142527910664/this-is-my-magnum-opus

Explaining Jotaros Hair-hat

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
Is this a reference to something specific (besides the ponies)?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Holy poo poo

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ramos posted:

You tend to have terrible opinions anyway.

said the one who bought a SU avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

SU is both cute and pretty good.

• Locked thread