Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

CopperHound posted:

You could make the load bearing dry goods?

Or use 400 pounds of costco groceries to secure your motorcycle

Thank you. I resisted, but was going to break if someone didn't do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

flosofl posted:

And those jugs of cashews.

These are the loving best

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Ashcans posted:

jelly beans.

Hey, those are Jelly Bellys* for, like, half the normal price per pound. It's a steal!

But then you get them home and you swear half of the fuckers are licorice and buttered popcorn so was it really worth it?

*How do I pluralize that in this context? Normally it'd be "Bellies", but since it's a proper noun, does that change it? Obviously I thought so, but nothing I put down looks right.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Tigntink posted:

The killer is when you've got a costco with in a few miles. I hate the crowds so I can only stand going about once a month but once the toilet paper gets low - the trip happens and we're lucky to escape for under 150$. Mostly chicken, nuts, frozen veggies and dry goods.

Oh what the hell, I thought I clicked on a different thread. Ummm to make this construction related - they uhh poo poo i've got nothing.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

DrBouvenstein posted:

*How do I pluralize that in this context? Normally it'd be "Bellies", but since it's a proper noun, does that change it? Obviously I thought so, but nothing I put down looks right.

Avoid the issue with a graceful, "Jelly Belly brand flavored gourmet jelly beans" :downs:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

That would take like a solid year to eat, then i'd just steal the motorcycle.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Tigntink posted:

I strongly advise you not to eat 70 pullups.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Tigntink posted:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

My wife and I don't have kids but it's impossible to get out of Costco for less than three hundred bucks anyway.

The real trick to not doing this is only buy what you can carry in your arms.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

BraveUlysses posted:

The real trick to not doing this is only buy what you can carry in your arms.

:science:

I prefer the give money to some other person and not grocery shop approach.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Now that’s some heavy‐duty TP. :drat:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Scott 1000 is the best toilet paper. It isn't needlessly soft, and it cleans well, and it is cheap.

COME AT ME, NON-Scott-1000 PEOPLE

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

DrBouvenstein posted:

Hey, those are Jelly Bellys* for, like, half the normal price per pound. It's a steal!

But then you get them home and you swear half of the fuckers are licorice and buttered popcorn so was it really worth it?

Jellies Belly.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

DrBouvenstein posted:

Jelly Bellies. It’s like “Attorneys General”. The base noun is pluralised. “General” modifies “attorney” in the same way “jelly” modifies “belly”—poor example because the order of the terms is switched, but you get the idea.

But if you ask the Jelly Belly company they’d probably say something like “Jelly Belly® brand jelly beans”.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Apr 19, 2016

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

You're right, I checked their website and they literally call them 'Jelly Belly® Jelly Beans'.

Edit: Oh, it's this thread. Uh, they also advise that Jelly Belly® Jelly Beans are not to be used for load-bearing purposes in any structure. There, on topic.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Jelly Belly factory in California has jelly beans poured in with the foundation.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

canyoneer posted:

Jelly Belly factory in California has jelly beans poured in with the foundation.

Probably some of that Bertie Botts garbage. I think they had an actual cement flavor.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Geirskogul posted:

Probably some of that Bertie Botts garbage. I think they had an actual cement flavor.

Oh, that explains why some of the bags weighed 400 pounds, not including the motorcycle pack-in.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Working hard, or hardly working?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Private driveways instead of public streets makes things a mess.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FCKGW posted:

This is the new landscaping my work just installed

Something tells me it's not going to last the next time it rains

Update: It hasn't rained, but they finally turned on the drip system and now every time it runs the water runs down to the sidewalk and creates a muddy mess.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

FCKGW posted:

Update: It hasn't rained, but they finally turned on the drip system and now every time it runs the water runs down to the sidewalk and creates a muddy mess.

color me shocked!

Perhaps some kind of weight to secure the topsoil?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

SneakyFrog posted:

color me shocked!

Perhaps some kind of weight to secure the topsoil?

It'd be better if you set it flat on the sidewalk and used it as a dam

Deedle
Oct 17, 2011
before you ask, yes I did inform the DMV of my condition and medication, and I passed the medical and psychological evaluation when I got my license. I've passed them every time I have gone to renew my license.

`Nemesis posted:

It'd be better if you set it flat on the sidewalk and used it as a dam

No, you don't understand. You see he hasn't yet put the chains in place. Obviously this is the best location for the concrete. Can't put that on public land you know.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Is that wall made of polystyrene?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Looks like someone installed 2" of internal accelerant insulation but didn't want to do a proper job of the sockets.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

i dont see the big deal i mean if you just turn the curcuit breaker off first....

:gonk:

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?
Would be better with nails spanning the distance.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
It always amazes me how much work people will put into half assing a job

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

deratomicdog posted:

It always amazes me how much work people will put into half assing a job

Sometimes you put an rear end and a half into it

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Looking at houses today and I found one that is a bit off. Can you spot it from this listing?
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Riverside/10968-Pettegrew-Rd-92507/home/5056615

:eyepop:

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

FCKGW posted:

Looking at houses today and I found one that is a bit off. Can you spot it from this listing?
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Riverside/10968-Pettegrew-Rd-92507/home/5056615

:eyepop:

Quirky, but at least you know the build quality on that feature is rock solid.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The builders were probably stoned

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Is there en eye bolt somewhere so you can chain your bike to it?

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
We all know that house isn't getting stolen anytime soon.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Low ceilings, beige carpet. Yuck! Boulder pun.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In all seriousness I assume that was once a basement that has been finished and turned into an inlaw apartment complete with attached kitchen. Or, possibly it's a house on a slope and someone at some point decided to build an addition, and removing the huge boulder first was going to be both way too costly, and potentially dangerous to the foundation. Especially if it's not actually a boulder but rather an exposed hunk of bedrock.

It's amazing, though. I'd be sorely tempted to take a stone sculpture class or two, and then get some chisels and hammers and try my hand at permanent indoor sculpture.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I wonder how that rock affects the home’s heating/cooling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Platystemon posted:

I wonder how that rock affects the home’s heating/cooling.

It's got huge thermal mass so, while it would be a hell of a lot slower to heat up/cool down, it should keep temperature for quite a lot longer.