Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Wait why are they nerfing the Deagles? the whole point is that they have a poo poo-ton of power and accuracy, but not a lot of ammo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
They're hilariously self-sustaining and far too effective relative to alternatives, even without supporting skills.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Overkill hates fun, that's why.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Skunkrocker posted:

Overkill hates fun, that's why.

That's why they made one of the least fun PvE shooters in years.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

watho posted:

That's why they made one of the least fun PvE shooters in years.

No but you see nerfing is intrinsically and morally bad compared to buffing because

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

BillmasterCozb posted:

Wait why are they nerfing the Deagles? the whole point is that they have a poo poo-ton of power and accuracy, but not a lot of ammo

They have tons of ammo relative to how fast they can kill things and pick up more ammo than they use up.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

oohhboy posted:

Christ 90 minutes for Cook off 25 bags. It was alot more fun than Euro Bag simulator, but I am not doing that again. Ran with the KSP/M249 SAW which gives you near infinite ammo. Ran some numbers, figuring I fired somewhere between 60,000 to 96,000 rounds with 1214 kills out of 2708.

It took us 77. Is there really that much variance in how often you can cook?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

UnknownMercenary posted:

They have tons of ammo relative to how fast they can kill things and pick up more ammo than they use up.

That makes sense, I wonder if they'll touch the new deagles

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Overkill has made its fair share of bad decisions, they don't need to take a leaf from tripwire and nerf fun instead of making more options fun.

Psion posted:

Cook off seems to have really brisk or slow meth gestation that changes pace over time, it's a weird rhythm or rather a lack of.

Delacroix fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 23, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Every option is fun. People just feel a need to minmax still so almost everybody runs some form of M308 or Deagle variant. It's no different from before with almost everyone using either a CAR4 or Loco.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

Every option is fun. People just feel a need to minmax still so almost everybody runs some form of M308 or Deagle variant. It's no different from before with almost everyone using either a CAR4 or Loco.

The problem is that due to the gap between DW and the rest of the game, the dev's policy of fun isn't great for encouraging gun diversity when there is a giant neon sign saying how great 160 damage is. You can hardly blame pubbies taking the path of least resistance (which happens everywhere all the time).

If OK and DW enemies hit harder, had gensec spawn on lower difficulties and maybe something from the vox dehydrated feverdream manuscript in lieu of an arbitrary health increase, it wouldn't be necessary to hit the higher damage thresholds. Basically anything over making enemies bullet sponges for the majority of weapons, some of which can't reliably land headshots at a distance thanks to the shakeup.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Psion posted:

Yes, there is time deliberately wasted when Bain refuses to list ingredients over Twitch or the Pilot babbling other inane poo poo. The same problem with all Bain related cooking.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Somehow we all survived when the builds of choice were all various flavors of 42 damage.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Dr Cheeto posted:

Somehow we all survived when the builds of choice were all various flavors of 42 damage.

Yeah, the idea that you somehow need 160 is, uh, no

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

People just feel a need to minmax still so almost everybody runs some form of M308 or Deagle variant.

...I never see anyone run that. When you say almost everybody are you talking about pubbies?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Since people still haven't realized this despite it being true for a while now.

ehem...

:siren:PRETTY MUCH ALL WEAPONS ARE CURRENTLY DW VIABLE AS LONG AS YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THEM PROPERLY:siren:

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

DW wasn't particularly fun before either when people used a select group of 42 damage near perfect accuracy guns while anything goes on OK, almost like the design flaw on DW remained a constant.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

watho posted:

:siren:PRETTY MUCH ALL WEAPONS ARE CURRENTLY DW VIABLE AS LONG AS YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THEM PROPERLY:siren:

I will continue to maintain that this is a lie just because I want to be argumentative and elitist about my cop clicking. :colbert:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Delacroix posted:

DW wasn't particularly fun before either when people used a select group of 42 damage near perfect accuracy guns while anything goes on OK, almost like the design flaw on DW remained a constant.

It didn't though…

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The overwhelming majority of guns hit 80 accuracy very easily, and the guns that don't are generally hilarious bullet hoses that still manage to hit 39.9 damage, and they're all good on deathwish. Perfect accuracy is in no way necessary to performing well and having fun.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The worst part about the rebalance is it made the Western Pack utter poo poo and they were my favorite guns beforehand :sigh:

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Fwiw (nothing) the most common console loadout for loud I run across is AK, para, kitchen knife, ammo.

E: I run JP, Mac 10 almost at all times

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

Took about 90 minutes on Deathwish. The first attempt (before the game crashed) took even longer because we accidentally put in two muriatic acids at the same time for one cook, so we'd have to wait on Bile to drop ingredients before we could finish bags.

Skunkrocker posted:

...I never see anyone run that. When you say almost everybody are you talking about pubbies?

I see it pretty often with goon groups too, not just pubs. Maybe not everybody will bring the M308 or some form of Deagle, but let's not act like it's a rare occurrence.

Skunkrocker posted:

I will continue to maintain that this is a lie just because I want to be argumentative and elitist about my cop clicking. :colbert:

You can only play in my lobbies when you've done 40 bags train heist on loud Deathwish. Otherwise :getout:

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The worst part about the rebalance is it made the Western Pack utter poo poo and they were my favorite guns beforehand :sigh:

Not really? The Repeater seems about the same. It was always just shy of a Deathwish breakpoint beforehand, so the damage nerf really didn't do anything. The Peacemaker eventually got its accuracy multipliers fixed so it no longer has that idiotic shotgun spread, and it got a massive buff in damage and ammo count; really it's just a ~style points~ sidegrade because the other revolvers do similar damage numbers. Dynamite and the Plainsrider remain unchanged. I'd hardly call that "utter poo poo".

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Peacemaker is a significant downgrade from the Bronco and Mateba in terms of reload speed, however.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
At this point, I've used almost every weapon/build on DW, and they're all basically viable, provided you don't need to lean on your weapon stats. If you do, that's an issue with you, not the gun.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
So sometime between me first playing the payday 2 demo in september, and 2 days ago the mark - 10 became an actual fun gun to use. Something about 100 stability that makes it and the micro uzi little death hoses.

Debating buying hotline miami 2 just for jacket and jacket's piece.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Talkc posted:

So sometime between me first playing the payday 2 demo in september, and 2 days ago the mark - 10 became an actual fun gun to use. Something about 100 stability that makes it and the micro uzi little death hoses.

It's worth it just to hear "ARMS OUTSTRETCHED" 24/7 as a cop dommer

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If you like the mark 10 and micro uzi you should give the CMP a gander. It's my personal favorite.

Just don't use the LED combo on it. For some godawful reason the drat thing puts the gadget on the left side of the gun.

Slide McGriffin
Nov 16, 2009

OOOOoooOOooo
i finally got a graphics card from this decade and holy poo poo is this like a different game. I was at 19FPS on lowest settings before, up to 70+ on highest and I can actually click cops now.

What are some cool and fun guns to use cause i've only been using high damage single shot guns because hitting second shots was hard :(

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
every gun is fun, try em all!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Slide McGriffin posted:

i finally got a graphics card from this decade and holy poo poo is this like a different game. I was at 19FPS on lowest settings before, up to 70+ on highest and I can actually click cops now.

What are some cool and fun guns to use cause i've only been using high damage single shot guns because hitting second shots was hard :(

every gun is fun except for the Chimano 88

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Patchett is pretty not-fun. Neither is the single Compact 5. Akimbo Compact 5s are pretty amazing though.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Talkc posted:

the mac 10 is amazing and makes me feel like a miami vice villain

related: anyone got a retexture mod layin' around that gives someone a white suit? I wanna complete my ultimate 80s crime cosplay

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Slide McGriffin posted:

My personal faves: ( though many require DLC )

Minigun
Flamethrower
A bow with explosive ammunition
The Judge ( Be Sure to put every mod you can on it )
Any Assault Rifle with a DMR kit
The Repeater Sniper Rifle
Any Grenade Launcher
Any LMG with a bipod
Micro Uzi or Mark 10 modded for stability

Joke Answer: Saws from the enforcer tree

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Sometimes I wish cops would have random, variable health.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

M.Ciaster posted:

the mac 10 is amazing and makes me feel like a miami vice villain

related: anyone got a retexture mod layin' around that gives someone a white suit? I wanna complete my ultimate 80s crime cosplay

Dug around last bullet, found this: http://forums.lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=14765

I kinda like how it looks for Houston and Jiro, actually, but not so much for the others.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mendrian posted:

What could this possibly accomplish?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Less obsession with breakpoints.

I don't think it's worth the cost.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Mendrian posted:

Tans
Hit Dice: 6d8
No. appearing: 15-22
Treasure Type: L

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

The Patchett is pretty not-fun. Neither is the single Compact 5. Akimbo Compact 5s are pretty amazing though.

The Car 4 is anti-fun.