Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Powershift posted:

Again, this is something somebody is trying to sell to other people to do to their own car.

The picture is too low-res to confirm if they used the same rolled metal fencing for the grill and the actual fences in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION

This car looks so sad...I feel bad for it. :(

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Like a cat in a tutu.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Linedance posted:

I saw a sneaky bastard police car yesterday, had someone pulled over... Unmarked silver generic minivan with a stick figure family sticker in the (tinted) back window. Oh and low profile LED reds and blues behind the glass and a couple of barely noticeable low profile antennae on the roof.

I got stopped once by a Ford Aerostar with peeling paint and a lot of primer. The only clue it might be LEO-related was the tint was illegally dark (and all the red/blue lights were behind the tint).

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

some texas redneck posted:

I got stopped once by a Ford Aerostar with peeling paint and a lot of primer. The only clue it might be LEO-related was the tint was illegally dark (and all the red/blue lights were behind the tint).

I feel like I'd wouldn't pull over for a rapey looking Aerostar even if it did have red and blues on.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I don't know what thread to put this in.

Would, wrong thread. Perhaps not that color, but I'd still take it.

I saw something sad the other day on my drive home. An S13 coupe, not a dent to be seen on it, no body mods... aside from the most god-awful camber job I've seen on a car. I mean, this thing didn't look mathematically possible. It was horrible. It also had what looked like a $100 Maaco special metallic green paintjob on it. That poor thing, I feel like Sarah McLachlan should've been singing in the background, and asking me to donate to the American Silvia Protection Society looking at that thing.

However, there's also an unstanced, excellent condition seafoam colored one in my town too, I see it on a rare occasion. Fingers crossed it's grandma's grocery car, and someday she decides to sell...

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

8ender posted:

I feel like I'd wouldn't pull over for a rapey looking Aerostar even if it did have red and blues on.

Well I didn't want to turn down the possibility of free candy...

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

8ender posted:

Yeah that's when you call the cops on the phone to find out if you are actually getting pulled over. I guess if it is a cop for real then you get an illegal phone use ticket on top of your speeding ticket. Around me I've seen a stock silver Chevy Malibu running around the highway pulling people over. They don't use too many unmarked cars around where I am but that one fits right in with normal traffic.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

8ender posted:

There's a reason CHP is legally prohibited from doing this poo poo. It makes rapists real loving happy (I want to say the zodiac killer or some other serial killer used this).

Say what you will about CA, but our laws on traffic enforcement are pretty decent.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
Edmonton PD has an unmarked for focus, which I think is the lowest-key undercover car I've ever seen.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Frank Dillinger posted:

Edmonton PD has an unmarked for focus, which I think is the lowest-key undercover car I've ever seen.

Question: can you put SE level body trim on an RS?

I'm guessing there's a fair amount of cooling assistance on the RS, especially in the front clip.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Frank Dillinger posted:

Indiana used to have a vehicle seizure program so you saw the most ridiculous array of vehicles repurposed into Police cars. Locally they had a PT Cruiser, a Neon SRT4, a 92 SHO and a freaking Samurai.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

bigbillystyle posted:

Yeah that's when you call the cops on the phone to find out if you are actually getting pulled over. I guess if it is a cop for real then you get an illegal phone use ticket on top of your speeding ticket. Around me I've seen a stock silver Chevy Malibu running around the highway pulling people over. They don't use too many unmarked cars around where I am but that one fits right in with normal traffic.

PA State Police have a couple of unmarked vettes for highway partol on the turnpike. It was a serious WTF moment when I saw someone get lit up by one of them.

Pitt County NC had at least one unmarked Mustang.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

wayfinder posted:

Oh wow yeah that's pretty bad.

And in addition there's that eagle in the middle that looks kinda nazi-ish as well

:golfclap:
Underappreciated.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
My car (Renault Mégane RS) is a former unmarked police car. I can imagine how much fun this must have been for the cops, it really looks like some random family car but it goes like a small Porsche

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Frank Dillinger posted:

Lewisville TX used to have a 99-00 Civic Si; lowered, aftermarket wheels, intake/exhaust at the least. Supposedly they seized it from someone (this was around 2001).

I saw that car bait so many people into a race, only to whip behind them and pull them over.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Motronic posted:

PA State Police have a couple of unmarked vettes for highway partol on the turnpike. It was a serious WTF moment when I saw someone get lit up by one of them.

Pitt County NC had at least one unmarked Mustang.

Wake county, NC had a Z06.

They brought it to VIR. http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.status/uidEvent/8BA2B05D-CD6C-9E43-31EC6CA87592AE06#.Vx1pz0QpDqA

FatCow fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 25, 2016

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

bigbillystyle posted:

Yeah that's when you call the cops on the phone to find out if you are actually getting pulled over.

This is a good way to get dragged out of your car at gunpoint and have half of your teeth kicked down your throat for not immediately and unquestioningly stopping for an emergency vehicle.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Geoj posted:

This is a good way to get dragged out of your car at gunpoint and have half of your teeth kicked down your throat for not immediately and unquestioningly stopping for an emergency vehicle.

That's why those sort of unmarked vehicles are kind of hosed though. I mean if you're being chased by a black Taurus with red and blues and a siren on OK it's time to pull over, but an old rusty Aerostar? Feels like a good way to end up on the A&E special about Bubba's rape dungeon.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I don't see why it makes much of a difference - if some theoretical rapist is going to go to the trouble of installing lights to pose as the Police then it's just as likely they'd pick up an ex cop car like that Charger kimbo305 has

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Geoj posted:

I believe the police recommend (but not all officers certainly know this) that you pull over where safe and call 911. "I'm being pulled over by an unmarked <vehicle description with plate> at <place> can you confirm this is the police?"

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
In FL you do not have to pull over for an unmarked car because several people were murdered by someone pretending to be law enforcement.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

dissss posted:

I don't see why it makes much of a difference - if some theoretical rapist is going to go to the trouble of installing lights to pose as the Police then it's just as likely they'd pick up an ex cop car like that Charger kimbo305 has

This is why CHP is required to use fully marked cars with uniformed officers. Harder, though not impossible, to fake. I really don't know why this isn't national. Oh yeah, sweet sweet dollar bills.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

8ender posted:

That's why those sort of unmarked vehicles are kind of hosed though. I mean if you're being chased by a black Taurus with red and blues and a siren on OK it's time to pull over, but an old rusty Aerostar? Feels like a good way to end up on the A&E special about Bubba's rape dungeon.

When I got stopped by the CopRapeVan, it was before cellphones were as common as they are today (I didn't have one).

The cop was definitely wearing the right uniform for the city, and we stopped in a busy parking lot.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0IZ_TEzg7M

Wrong thread but i just rediscovered and wanna share

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

KoRMaK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0IZ_TEzg7M

Wrong thread but i just rediscovered and wanna share

"Let us not forget the beer, of course."

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 366 days!
My old home town used a beat-up Dodge Caravan as an unmarked car. Try telling me that's fair

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
AZ DPS has a scrapper truck, complete with washing machine on the roof rack.

Like, one of these, but a 1989 F250

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

There are a few different unmarked DPS cars that work the west side of town on I-10. A maroon mini-van of some kind, a blue Impala, and a brown Ford Flex. Those are the ones that I've actually seen with people pulled over anyway. At least they have full light-setup (other than the lack of a roof-rack), not just a dumb dash light or something, so they don't look too 'iffy' if one were to light you up, and the officers are in full uniform when doing traffic stops.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

8ender posted:

In the UK you have a right not to stop for an unmarked car flashing blues at you. You can signal that you have seen them, and continue to a public place to stop. You are then allowed to not open the doors/windows until the officer shows you official ID.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
How about an unmarked police tractor on speedcamera duty?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Lightbulb Out posted:

I didn't realize that one of the E30 folks I know has basically a Nazi symbol on the back of their car. It's a 318is that has been essentially destroyed by this person.

Yup, awful shite. See also the 'fashion' brand BOY London which seems to be primarily worn by Chinese students around here in a city that was razed in WW2..

They claimed it's not the German eagle but anyone with eyes can see It's just a little too close to be a coincidence.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
SO there's some new VW crossover concept and it has a capacitive touch gearshift.

Jo3sh
Oct 19, 2002

Like all girls I love unicorns!
Someone's going to put a gum wrapper or something on that and cause the car to shift unexpectedly.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

That is a good and wonderful idea and theres no chance it will backfire.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Hey let's remove any and all positive feedback from whatever I'm doing in a car so I have more of an excuse when I mow down a row of schoolkids...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

When do we get a touchscreen for the steering wheel? Virtual joypads are the best!

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION
*accidentally swipes right instead of left, indicating "yes, drive on the sidewalk"*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ehnus
Apr 16, 2003

Now you're thinking with portals!

Jared592 posted:

*accidentally swipes right instead of left, fails emissions testing*