Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Klungar posted:

Yoshi-P said in the panel that his least favorite quest line in the game is the hidden moogles, so I'm assuming if they added them as a beast tribe they'd try to avoid some of the errors of the past.

This was also the only bad moogle quest in the churning mists, so I'm really not sure why people keep complaining about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
The sheer number and density of them. Also the fact you have to do quests to get the aether currents, and you're never entirely 100% sure if it's this bunch of quests which gives you the aether current or NOPE IT'S AN ACCESORY 2 LEVELS BELOW YOUR CURRENT STUFF

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ignimbrite posted:

The sheer number and density of them. Also the fact you have to do quests to get the aether currents, and you're never entirely 100% sure if it's this bunch of quests which gives you the aether current or NOPE IT'S AN ACCESORY 2 LEVELS BELOW YOUR CURRENT STUFF

I'm glad I cheated and just looked that up on a guide (and played slow enough for a guide to have been written by the time I got there)

Here's the real mogtribe question: what will the mount be? I hope it's a giant moogle

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Ainsley McTree posted:

Here's the real mogtribe question: what will the mount be? I hope it's a giant moogle

You ride on the shoulders of a giant yeti, who is friends with one of the moogles.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Ignimbrite posted:

Questing is fun, though, especially when it's for cute moogles.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm glad I cheated and just looked that up on a guide (and played slow enough for a guide to have been written by the time I got there)

Never mind "slow enough", there were guides day 1, written by the poopsockers who went before us. I know this, because despite my best efforts at trying to slow down and enjoy the game and everything it had to offer, I still wound up rushing through content like Augustus Gloop inhaling chocolate after falling into the river. Also, like a proverbial fat kid, I rapidly fell behind, but I still had those guides bookmarked for when I would need them.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Ignimbrite posted:

To properly state the number and density, once you completed all of the sidequests and then the main quest to open up flying, the zone practically repopulates all of the questgiver moogles with another quest or three. Literally all of them. Because now you have flying and by gawd they're going to make you exercise that flight!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The only thing I looked up at all from the start of pre-release until I was 60 was the location of a few of those loving missing moogles.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

A goobue that's spraypainted white.

The real tragedy is that the new beast tribe isn't a rogue node faction on Azys Lla. Maybe one day :sigh:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yoshi-P already confirmed that it's one of those floating cotton puffs that grow outside Moghome. It glows pink at night.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
I'm going to start working on my Anima weapon is there anything I can do along the way to make it less of a pain? I'm currently doing FATEs on an alt to get the first crystals but if there are other things I should be collecting or saving it'd be cool to know ahead of time.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

staplegun posted:

A goobue that's spraypainted white.

The real tragedy is that the new beast tribe isn't a rogue node faction on Azys Lla. Maybe one day :sigh:

Taskgiver Node: GREETINGS INSERT_NAME_HERE. AS PART OF THE ALLAGAN NATION'S OUTREACH PROGRAM YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE COMPENSATION FOR THESE ALLOTTED TASKS IN THIS AREA:
Quest 1: Rock you like a Chimericane
Quest 2: Habisphere Hoedown
Quest 3: Sanctum Solus

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

J3ng4 posted:

I'm going to start working on my Anima weapon is there anything I can do along the way to make it less of a pain? I'm currently doing FATEs on an alt to get the first crystals but if there are other things I should be collecting or saving it'd be cool to know ahead of time.

As someone who didn't look anything up beforehand: start buying the various Unidentified items you'll need later on. Beast tribes, poetics, law, whatever you got.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Kwyndig posted:

Prospect, in a dungeon? :lol:

I mean, by the time you reach spooky house for the first time, you have 5 cross class slots and probably nothing to fill them with yet. Prospect opens at level 1 so why not run around the world map with it on until something better appears?

Ignimbrite posted:

I saw someone in Antitower the other day who had Truth of Mountains active :v:

:lol: at this though

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Evil Fluffy posted:

There are goons who unironically cross class DoL skills and turn them on in dungeons for shits and giggles.

Hmmm that sounds pretty ironic

Goons hate churning mists because they're idiots who suggest you should do every side quest your first time around so they do and surprise, they get bored

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Prospect, in a dungeon? :lol:

For a while in ARR I would cross-class Truth of Mountains and Truth of Forests on SMN in 4-mans just for the giggles. I mean sure in theory Surecast is more useful but I can probably count on one hand the amount of times I actually activated it and expected it to do anything in PvE content.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

As someone about to min 50, I would wear it as a badge of honor towards my ability to mine worthless coblyn pets :toot:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

ArtIsResistance posted:

Hmmm that sounds pretty ironic

Goons hate churning mists because they're idiots who suggest you should do every side quest your first time around so they do and surprise, they get bored

Goons hate churning mists because they played HW at launch and you needed to do all the sidequests because even doing all of them didn't get you to 60 and there were at least 3 levelling gaps where I ran out of quests to do.

But also because it's an ugly lovely zone that you get sent back to not once but twice while hinterlands and azys go criminally underused.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.

J3ng4 posted:

I will echo advice to start buying the unidentifiable garbage now. Start doing the Crystal Tower weekly for aether oils also, you'll need 5 for step 4.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Axle_Stukov posted:

So according to some hints at PAX East, Moogles are the next beast tribe.

PRAY RETURN TO MOGHOME BITCHES.

Been saying this since the Vath were added. :sigh:

Klungar posted:

Yoshi-P said in the panel that his least favorite quest line in the game is the hidden moogles, so I'm assuming if they added them as a beast tribe they'd try to avoid some of the errors of the past.

Those of us who finished that line should start at the Kuposworn reputation level.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

Goons hate churning mists because they played HW at launch and you needed to do all the sidequests because even doing all of them didn't get you to 60 and there were at least 3 levelling gaps where I ran out of quests to do.

But also because it's an ugly lovely zone that you get sent back to not once but twice while hinterlands and azys go criminally underused.

I liked Churning Mists visually but the "find the thing" quests were often quite annoying.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

Possibly that puffball flower thing they showed in the last live letter.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

a kitten posted:

As someone who didn't look anything up beforehand: start buying the various Unidentified items you'll need later on. Beast tribes, poetics, law, whatever you got.

Speaking of law, I still have 2k of the things. Is there anything to spend them on besides relic stuff?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Speaking of law, I still have 2k of the things. Is there anything to spend them on besides relic stuff?

Law can only be used to buy old relic mats or convert to eso. You get the most bang for your buck by buying three mats and then turning the rest into eso.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm guessing 3.3 gives moogle beast tribe quests in churning mists, 3.4 gives us goblins in the hinterlands, and 3.5 gives us robots in Azys Lla. One of them will be a crafting one like the Ixal.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

EponymousMrYar posted:

Taskgiver Node: GREETINGS INSERT_NAME_HERE. AS PART OF THE ALLAGAN NATION'S OUTREACH PROGRAM YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE COMPENSATION FOR THESE ALLOTTED TASKS IN THIS AREA:

More moogling is great but now I'm sad it's not this instead.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

seiferguy posted:

I'm guessing 3.3 gives moogle beast tribe quests in churning mists, 3.4 gives us goblins in the hinterlands, and 3.5 gives us robots in Azys Lla. One of them will be a crafting one like the Ixal.

Crafting quests in Azys Lla making replacement parts to help fix a bunch of ancient Allagan tech. Or helping the Ixal return there.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Or the Ixal have arrived in Azys Lla and you help them build a settlement.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"Man, what a dump" -Ixali, upon arriving in Azys Lla.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
when can i do quests for the cactuar

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
That endless dungeon is a rad idea. I hope it's done well.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

OhFunny posted:

That endless dungeon is a rad idea. I hope it's done well.

I hope assholes don't suck all the fun out of it like with the Diadem.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

SilverSupernova posted:

I hope assholes don't suck all the fun out of it like with the Diadem.

Even though it's solo-able, I'm sure they will find a way to piss people off.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

EponymousMrYar posted:

This will be for 3.4. They need to add something amazing to distract you from the horrors of A12S.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

when can i do quests for the cactuar
I would like to learn a cactuar dance.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Potato Jones posted:

I would like to learn a cactuar dance.

You just do the cactuar pose and spin around.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

vOv posted:

You just do the cactuar pose and spin around.

So, just learn how to freeze at that part of The Manderville dance.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

This has happened more times in the past six levels than I care to have happen.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Sorry if someone asked this already, but I just hit 30 on Arcanist and decided to go with Scholar. Is there a way I can make a macro to do 3 things: Place Eos on the target, place Eos normally if I have no target, and activate Heel if I hit it again? I usually just place Eos near the tank and leave it on Sic, but I keep forgetting to use Heel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Today's Oppressed Catgirls:

• Locked thread