Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

scandoslav posted:

I loving love you

a lot of people do and i dont know why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

bonewitch posted:

girl drinks own and anybody that says they like the taste of alcohol is lying imo

i also love good beer and the occasional spiced rum and coke (kraken best rum forever imo)

Some people just don't like that much sugar.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
its fine to have different tastes :)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dave Foley got hosed so hard in his life :smith:

Did you hear the horror story that was his divorce?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Germstore posted:

Some people just don't like that much sugar.

ehh, you can get drinks that aren't full of sugar and also don't taste like straight alcohol but fair enough

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

Dave Foley got hosed so hard in his life :smith:

Did you hear the horror story that was his divorce?

I think he was stuck paying ridiculous alimony to maintain his ex's high end lifestyle that he could no longer afford because he wasn't making NewsRadio money anymore. Dude's basically bankrupt at this point

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

bonewitch posted:

(kraken best rum forever imo)

You. I like you. Try shots of Kraken chased with rootbeer or Dr pepper.

Deadtear, if you get a chance try out an Audios Motherfucker. It's pretty boozy but my wife loves them and says they don't have a super strong alcohol taste.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jazzzzz posted:

I think he was stuck paying ridiculous alimony to maintain his ex's high end lifestyle that he could no longer afford because he wasn't making NewsRadio money anymore. Dude's basically bankrupt at this point

Yep. The court in Canada (cuz you know, he's Canadian) said he had to pay alimony on par with his income at the time he was doing News Radio. Even though it had been off the air for like 2-3 years prior.

bonewitch posted:

(kraken best rum forever imo)

I made the mistake of drinking like half a bottle of Kraken and then trying to get up too fast once. I fell over because I was a lot more drunk than I though. :smith:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Fureil posted:

You. I like you. Try shots of Kraken chased with rootbeer or Dr pepper.

Deadtear, if you get a chance try out an Audios Motherfucker. It's pretty boozy but my wife loves them and says they don't have a super strong alcohol taste.

i hate root beer but dr pepper might be good

i like it mixed with coke personally because im not big on shots

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i like girl drinks, ive never liked the smell of alcohol and that means i dont like the taste

except i like long islands which are basically the booziest things in the world

this is me 100%. give me the girl drinks and the long islands all day

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

bonewitch posted:

i hate root beer but dr pepper might be good

i like it mixed with coke personally because im not big on shots

Yeah I'm normally a rum and coke person, but a bartender at a bar around here that I frequent (due to it being both a bar and an arcade) had me try it as a shot with a chaser once and it was quite tasty.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

I like cheap garbage beer. Miller Lite is a good thing to drink, in my opinion, and it also helps me keep my girlish figure.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012
So I'm training up to get access to cruisers so I can do something a little more useful like Logi or what not. While I try to nail down what exactly I want to fly though I'm working on leveling up my support/fitting skills. Is there a good list somewhere of essential skills that will help no matter what I fly, or certain certificates I should aim for? I was just going to work my way through the stuff here, but is there anything important missing from that list? Anything in there I don't really need?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

i like girl drinks, ive never liked the smell of alcohol and that means i dont like the taste

I still enjoy whiskey, but I'll enjoy the girly drinks too.

http://i.imgur.com/94P4eex.webm

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Girly drinks are the best drinks, honestly.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Fureil posted:

So I'm training up to get access to cruisers so I can do something a little more useful like Logi or what not. While I try to nail down what exactly I want to fly though I'm working on leveling up my support/fitting skills. Is there a good list somewhere of essential skills that will help no matter what I fly, or certain certificates I should aim for? I was just going to work my way through the stuff here, but is there anything important missing from that list? Anything in there I don't really need?

http://blog.beyondreality.se/Newbie-skill-plan-2 probably isn't a bad place to start. It's what I'm working off of for now, plus getting my scanning skills up to 3s. If you download the EVEMon skill plan at the bottom you'll need to tweak the racial ship skills and the guns skills to fit (if you fly Caldari or Gallente you want to train hybrids, Amarr = energy). The skill plan is built for Minmatar starters

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 25, 2016

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

So who do I talk to in order to join the ranks of diplomatic service? Got to win those Hearts and Minds.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

I know this sounds totally crazy, but don't dis it until you make the leap of faith and try it. Pickleback? Shot of (decent, like bulleit) bourbon or rye, immediately followed by a shot of pickle juice. By some strange Magic the pickle juice completely, 100%, cancels out the booziness of the whiskey and your mouth is left almost completely neutral. Plus your shooting salt water, which is great for slowing down the hangover (if you're and old man like me and can't drink like the college days without pain). Weird, but awesome. My favorite shot to order when I'm with a girly drink crowd, cuz it's manly as hell, but goes down so easy.

Jazzzzz posted:

Rumchata may possibly be the devil's jizz in a bottle. I do agree with you about Bulleit being decent for the price - I like their rye as well

:same:

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

i dont like beer

:laffo: come back to this thread when your balls drop and you get your union card.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
hello jokine, maybe you meant to try talking that weak poo poo in one of the other threads and not this one

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

pugnax posted:

I know this sounds totally crazy, but don't dis it until you make the leap of faith and try it. Pickleback? Shot of (decent, like bulleit) bourbon or rye, immediately followed by a shot of pickle juice. By some strange Magic the pickle juice completely, 100%, cancels out the booziness of the whiskey and your mouth is left almost completely neutral. Plus your shooting salt water, which is great for slowing down the hangover (if you're and old man like me and can't drink like the college days without pain). Weird, but awesome. My favorite shot to order when I'm with a girly drink crowd, cuz it's manly as hell, but goes down so easy.

:same:

i dont get hangovers, im hella hydrated

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

mpaarating posted:

:laffo: come back to this thread when your balls drop and you get your union card.

Which union? SAG?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Please do not unchill post in the chill thread.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

hello jokine, maybe you meant to try talking that weak poo poo in one of the other threads and not this one

Jeez dude. this is the chill thread, I'm not trying to start poo poo here. I'm sorry if I was rude and offer my very cheerful internet companionship as recompense.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
im offended that your burn was preemptively taken out back and shot by multiple other people ok :colbert:

but we're still coolfriends

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
the chill thread looks out for its own.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
I think I just implied you are chill. :rip:

So I have decided to try to get to the point where I can run l5 missions, but I am starting at l1s. :suicide:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

mpaarating posted:

I think I just implied you are chill. :rip:

So I have decided to try to get to the point where I can run l5 missions, but I am starting at l1s. :suicide:

get your social skills up (in game and out #gotem)

you can pay for standings, you can also smash out cosmos/sisters of eve arc

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I want to be chillfriends...

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

I think the starter missions in newbie systems can work for grinding that stuff out too, but that might just be standings with the empire and not the relevant corporation. They do count as an epic arc though, so you can redo them every six months or whatever.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

get your social skills up (in game and out #gotem)

you can pay for standings, you can also smash out cosmos/sisters of eve arc

Ya, I've started the cosmos a couple of times and always stopped (usually because I had other income sources.) I don't know why I keep thinking PVE in EVE is different than PVE in any other game.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xenothral posted:

I think the starter missions in newbie systems can work for grinding that stuff out too, but that might just be standings with the empire and not the relevant corporation. They do count as an epic arc though, so you can redo them every six months or whatever.

empire/faction standings are actually more important for burners/5s apparently?

something about requirements being corp OR faction standings and faction takes a much much smaller hit when rejecting missions, i could be wrong

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Yeah you want faction standings at like 5-6 for burners and probably 8-9 for lvl 5s (though koshka would know better than i would). when you decline a mission your faction standings only decline by a little and you can continue to accept missions as long as your faction standings are high enough and your agent standings are above -2

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
nonsciolist or whatever is koshka right

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

That seems kind of odd. I haven't actually done burners or L5s before though, and actually haven't even run missions for a very long time, so I don't remember a whole lot about them anymore other than 'standings probably matter maybe'.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

bonewitch posted:

nonsciolist or whatever is koshka right

nonsciolist is nonsciolist , koshka is not non

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
Is this a bad time to start playing EVE with Goons?

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011

Beeme posted:

Is this a bad time to start playing EVE with Goons?

Was it ever a good time

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011
The answer is join a pubbie corp and steal everything after gaining their trust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
play with goons who aren't in GSF. They seem like a chiller group. Maybe join DJs thing and see what's good for a while? could be the start of something ~magical~

• Locked thread