Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

ur hyper retarded dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
the largest :ironicat:

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Orange Red Bull posted:

You can hold the north and stay blue to every non-cfc super or go to town on all theese TEST, Darkness dot and TISHU supes floating around what do you do

option c where we kill dozens of cfc supercapitals and watch your leadership have a meltdown every single day

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Orange Red Bull posted:

Their corporation name is s friend of the family dly stay classy PL

I listened to phalanx once try to awkwardly explain on a podcast that its a real word which its not http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/snigger

crying about my corp name again :laugh: get over yourself

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://i.imgur.com/lOFCdZV.webm

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Daruna posted:

crying about my corp name again :laugh: get over yourself

stay safe unironically racist guy

how do you feel about the new $20

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

go3 posted:

that'd actually put PLs supers in a position to be shot

Because solo DD'ing carriers on the Saranen undock doesn't?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Eonwe posted:

redditors in general are just normal people probably, but the bad thing about it is, a subreddit can be terrible

I've tried to substitute /r/Eve for "Reddit". But any time you see Reddit in this thread, good chance they mean specifically the eve subreddit.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Xolve posted:

Because solo DD'ing carriers on the Saranen undock doesn't?

It does not count as solo when you've got a cyno and reaction fleet on standby waiting for the escalation.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CainFortea posted:

It does not count as solo when you've got a cyno and reaction fleet on standby waiting for the escalation.

:laffo:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://i.imgur.com/2TaBboL.webm

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

A bait ship isn't solo. Sort of the point of baiting.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

some actual game discussion instead of metagame discussion:

When citadels and all that come out, which structures can house titans? That is, a titan can dock, the pilot can reship and do something else, and get back in the titan later?

What happens if the structure is reinforced while the titan pilot is not in the titan (can they still reship to the titan and undock/jump out)?

What happens if the structure is destroyed while the titan is docked in it (with pilot in ship, or not, does it matter -- probably not)?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

pmchem posted:

When citadels and all that come out, which structures can house titans? That is, a titan can dock, the pilot can reship and do something else, and get back in the titan later?

What happens if the structure is reinforced while the titan pilot is not in the titan (can they still reship to the titan and undock/jump out)?

What happens if the structure is destroyed while the titan is docked in it (with pilot in ship, or not, does it matter -- probably not)?

according to flanders:

1: XLs only, larges can act like POS for them

2: No, it's forever trapped until another XL is built in system

3: Pilot gets podded away, and #2

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
AFAIK you can undock from a reinforced Citadel without issue, even in a Titan; it's only once the Citadel is destroyed that your docked space coffin becomes inaccessible.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

pugnax posted:

Yeah for sure, I really liked Reddit back in 2007-8 or so, but all of a sudden it went to total poo poo and all of the memery became overwhelming. The descent to poo poo was compounded by Digg dying and it swelling with former Digg users. Linkfilter and Metafilter were superior link aggregators regardless. I came to SA when Metafilter sort of dried up.

Ironically, Digg is actually pretty good these days. I'll admit to being one of the Digg refugees to Reddit, and now I've partially gone back to Digg.

pmchem posted:

1) XLarge citadels -- which will not be available in the initial release on Tuesday -- will allow docking of supers. Larges allow docking of capitals, and "tethering" of supers -- the super stays outside the citadel, but is invincible as long as it stays tethered within range of it, like POSes today. Mediums allow docking of subcaps only and don't give a gently caress about supers.

2) RF doesn't affect anything.

3) The pilot is removed from the titan, podded, and sent to their medical clone station. The unpiloted titan, including its full fit and contents, goes into its pilot's invisible "redeeming" queue and can be recovered at any XL Citadel in the same solar system.

e:f,b

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

CainFortea posted:

Lololol what escalation would that be? Corms to bombers?

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Orange Red Bull posted:

stay safe unironically racist guy

how do you feel about the new $20

being a member of sniggerdly corporation makes me racist

does being a member of north eastern swat make me a cop? habitual euthanasia = serial mercykiller? S.A.S. = britshit specops?

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

CainFortea posted:

CainFortea posted:

A bait ship isn't solo. Sort of the point of baiting.

holy poo poo shut up lol

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
:ironicat:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
protip: the coon thing makes you racist, you stupid fuckhole

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Daruna posted:

being a member of sniggerdly corporation makes me racist

does being a member of north eastern swat make me a cop? habitual euthanasia = serial mercykiller? S.A.S. = britshit specops?

still waiting for an answer to this from any of you

how about it diptear

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

http://i.imgur.com/VIDpa7o.webm

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Despera posted:

Lololol what escalation would that be? Corms to bombers?

A cormorant is not a Titan. I know your not the sharpest tack, but since you own a Titan I'm kinda confused as to how you didn't know this.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

ullerrm posted:

1) XLarge citadels -- which will not be available in the initial release on Tuesday

Was that something announced at fanfest? I missed a ton of stuff due to it being too early in my timezone.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

lol

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

CainFortea posted:

A cormorant is not a Titan. I know your not the sharpest tack, but since you own a Titan I'm kinda confused as to how you didn't know this.

Nobody in imperium is going to escalate and as such there are no counter fleets waiting to save the drivebyer

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I check this thread every few months. Glad I caught it during a bona fide meltdown.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Am I a racist?

Please pass anonymous forum judgement on me. You know- for science.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Was that something announced at fanfest? I missed a ton of stuff due to it being too early in my timezone.

Nope, that's been the plan from day one. Going back to the dev blog in May of last year when they were initially announced:

quote:

Sizes also determine their release:
* We will start by focusing on Medium and Large Citadels, since we believe they offer gameplay that extends to most player groups. They also are a lot simpler than X-Large Citadels to design and implement.
* When Medium and Large Citadels are out and we have gained some experience through them, we will then deploy the X-Large variation which offer much more challenge in their conception due to their humongous sizes and intended use cases.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you're gonna have to be more specific: daruna is permanently melting down because he craves the attention, despera melted down awhile ago and ran to test because he jumped instead of bridged (which is basically impossible to gently caress up nowadays) , I'm apparently melting down because i said syndic thrass is from georgia, darius is melting down because xenuria got put on the csm, mittani is melting down because reddit said he is etc and so forth

April Fool
Apr 1, 2016

ullerrm posted:

3) The pilot is removed from the titan, podded, and sent to their medical clone station. The unpiloted titan, including its full fit and contents, goes into its pilot's invisible "redeeming" queue and can be recovered at any XL Citadel in the same solar system.

Titans and supercarriers can also be delivered to a lowsec station via the asset safety at a fee, according to CCP Nullarbor.

https://www.twitch.tv/themittanidotcom/v/59425218?t=00h37m52s

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

Am I a racist?

Please pass anonymous forum judgement on me. You know- for science.

it's not anonymous and yes that picture is of a bad person because that's a minmatar (former slaves to the space catholics) ship :)

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

you're gonna have to be more specific: daruna is permanently melting down because he craves the attention, despera melted down awhile ago and ran to test because he jumped instead of bridged (which is basically impossible to gently caress up nowadays) , I'm apparently melting down because i said syndic thrass is from georgia, darius is melting down because xenuria got put on the csm, mittani is melting down because reddit said he is etc and so forth

I meant daruna, but the more the merrier.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

You chernoblyed yesterday

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
HA HAHAHAHAHA god loving drat the PL posters are loving stupid

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
oh please elucidate me on how i melted down yesterday, the day i was at a birthday party most of the day :allears:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Xolve posted:

Am I a racist?

Yes, if you have to ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

oh please elucidate me on how i melted down yesterday, the day i was at a birthday party most of the day :allears:

Im telling you as a friend, that was an epic meltdown.

• Locked thread