Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

who wrote the recent run of Hawkeye that's supposed to be so good? I've heard how great that and a recent Moon Knight run were and want to read them sometime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

setafd posted:

who wrote the recent run of Hawkeye that's supposed to be so good?

Matt Fraction?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

setafd posted:

who wrote the recent run of Hawkeye that's supposed to be so good? I've heard how great that and a recent Moon Knight run were and want to read them sometime

What you are looking for is Matt Fraction & David Aja's Hawkeye and Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey & Jordie Bellaire's Moon Knight.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

setafd posted:

Yeah, that's the Fraction/Aja one and it loving rules, if you're into Hawkguy being kind of a normal NYC dude with a quarter of the usual comic booky bullshit, and with a (subjectively) cool stylized art style.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think Fraction only wrote a part of it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greatn posted:

The Hawkeye run? He was the only writer on that series. Are you thinking of Iron Fist? He co wrote that with Brubaker at the start.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

greatn posted:

Matt Fraction wrote all of the previous Hawkeye book before Lemire took over.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Fraction

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greatn posted:

Fraction

:golfclap:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
"Green Lantern Corps" movie may feature 3 Green Lanterns: Hal Jordan, John Stewart, and Kyle Rayner.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That would be a good way to avoid the issues of WHICH LANTERN TO USE

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Tilda Swinton..............IS..............JOHN STEWART!!!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

More Lanterns than ticket sales!

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Neo Rasa posted:

Tilda Swinton..............IS..............JOHN STEWART!!!

I always wondered what John would be like if he was a ~genderless ethereal being~.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Could we replace Hal Jordan with Guy Gardner played by Danny McBride?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Detective No. 27 posted:

I never knew I wanted this until now

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No Guy Gardner = No fucks given.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Wonder if Danny McBride could pull a Chris Pratt and get down to single digit body fat.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I can't imagine Danny McBride in a family friendly PG13 comic book movie.

He needs a comic IP that will allow him to channel the full force of Eastbound.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I figured they'd have at least two Green Lanterns (because of the 'Corps' in the title), but three Green Lanterns is interesting. Guessing that it would be a Raynor origin story with Jordan and Stewart supporting.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Detective No. 27 posted:

Jody Hill and his gang need to start working on this ASAP. Just remake Foot Fist Way but with Green Lantering instead of karate.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There is a Danny McBride-ready Green Lantern script (written by Robert Smiegl!) sitting in wait already, it's just a decade old and was originally written for Jack Black, but you could easily adjust both of those things with a quick rewrite of the script.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wheeee posted:

Danny McBride was in Land of the Lost.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Yoshifan823 posted:

There is a Danny McBride-ready Green Lantern script (written by Robert Smiegl!) sitting in wait already, it's just a decade old and was originally written for Jack Black, but you could easily adjust both of those things with a quick rewrite of the script.

I enjoyed the idea that Green Lantern didn't know how to save things himself in that script, so he created Christopher Reeve's Superman to fix all the problems by time traveling.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Wheeee posted:

While not a comic adaptation, in terms of space movies, Danny McBride is going to be one of the leads in Ridley's Scott's next Alien movie.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Wonder if Danny McBride could pull a Chris Pratt and get down to single digit body fat.

Once he gets that paycheck, I'm sure he'd find the motivation to get shredded.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Danny McBride for Lobo.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

feedmyleg posted:

Danny McBride for Lobo.

Tilda Swinton for New 52 Lobo.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CelticPredator posted:

Danny McBride was in Land of the Lost.

And he was brilliant in it. The guy is a naturally gifted actor regardless of the quality of the film or show he's in.

Full Battle Rattle posted:

gently caress that.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Wasn't there a script for a GL movie in the 90s/00s that had Jack Black as the lead?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

achillesforever6 posted:

Wasn't there a script for a GL movie in the 90s/00s that had Jack Black as the lead?

Nah.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
My issue with Ultron's puppet dance is that Terry Crews did it and did it better in a far more entertaining movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IMb8GFXHeI

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

TheFallenEvincar posted:

My issue with Ultron's puppet dance is that Terry Crews did it and did it better in a far more entertaining movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IMb8GFXHeI

Terry Crews is a treasure and Gamer is fantastic.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I just watched the Rogue Cut of Days of Future Past for the first time, not that the theatrical cut is bad by any means, but it was surprising to see just how much certain scenes were diminished by the trimming of a few seconds here and there. Not to mention that I can only imagine how much post work had to be done on the later part of the movie to replace Rogue.

Also, I can't believe I never caught this before, but there's a scene where Magneto levitates glass.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Snowman_McK posted:

Terry Crews is a treasure and Gamer is fantastic.

Is Gamer the one where Dexter is dancing around to showtunes at the end sending man after mind controlled man at Butler? That was awesome.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

bring back old gbs posted:

Is Gamer the one where Dexter is dancing around to showtunes at the end sending man after mind controlled man at Butler? That was awesome.
Also the one where an edgy horned up thirteen year old spastically puppeteers Milo Ventimiglia. It's basically the role Milo V was born for. On the whole it's still my favorite cinematic sendup of online communities/internet culture out there.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Also the one where an edgy horned up thirteen year old spastically puppeteers Milo Ventimiglia. It's basically the role Milo V was born for. On the whole it's still my favorite cinematic sendup of online communities/internet culture out there.

I want a Gamer 2 with Dwayne Johnson replacing gerard butler and sam rockwell instead of michael c hall.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

And he was brilliant in it. The guy is a naturally gifted actor regardless of the quality of the film or show he's in.

Oh yeah. I'm just pointing out he can be in a non-R-Rated film, and still be loving hilarious. He was my favorite part of Pineapple Express, and he was just in everything after that which made me so happy.

I was fuckin Kenny Powers for like 3 Halloweens. Literally my favorite all time character.

Also, Gamer owns and is one of my favorite films.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Land of the Lost, while not great, is way way better than it has any right to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rewatching it, I appreciated the visual style. It's really neat. Cartoony, and stylish. I love they still keep original design of the Sleestacks. It works so well.

Chaka owns. But I still don't love it. It's really because of Will Ferrell. He's great sometimes, but he just wasn't that interesting in this film.

• Locked thread