Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
I just got 500 shares of Indiana Trump yes at .44. Thanks luzers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

L-Boned posted:

I just got 500 shares of Indiana Trump yes at .44. Thanks luzers.

You probably could have gotten it cheaper if you waited until tomorrow morning when lots of users aren't sleeping.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Gyges posted:

You probably could have gotten it cheaper if you waited until tomorrow morning when lots of users aren't sleeping.

Possibly, but I don't think it will take long for people to figure out that it will backfire big time on Cruz.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
lol the kasich winning 2 or more market... Sorry vox

does he actually have any chance in the PNW if Cruz pushes his voters that way? I still feel like those are prime trump territory, but I guess there are no polls?

just bailed at my buy-in price in the Dem Pennsylvania MoV +13 market based on this. I'll just camp out on the PPP twitter account until I get an update there - this scares me in the short-term, even if I'm pretty confident in YES here regardless

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

thethreeman posted:

lol the kasich winning 2 or more market... Sorry vox

does he actually have any chance in the PNW if Cruz pushes his voters that way? I still feel like those are prime trump territory, but I guess there are no polls?

just bailed at my buy-in price in the Dem Pennsylvania MoV +13 market based on this. I'll just camp out on the PPP twitter account until I get an update there - this scares me in the short-term, even if I'm pretty confident in YES here regardless

Really good time to buy in on No. Kasich isn't looking competitive anywhere. Hopefully the price stays low until Tuesday when I get some money free.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Bought a few hundred of Kasich NO in Oregon.

I happen to feel like this agreement isn't going to look good in the eyes of people who actually want their votes to have the gravity that they deserve.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Peachstapler posted:

Bought a few hundred of Kasich NO in Oregon.

I happen to feel like this agreement isn't going to look good in the eyes of people who actually want their votes to have the gravity that they deserve.

Yeah this huge boom for Cruz and Kasich seems misguided. IMO it's the death knell of their efforts.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

why the gently caress is this Cruz poo poo driving down the price of Pence NO

why do people think outright collusion and shenanigans are going to make unpopular incumbent GOP more popular

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Kasich RI saw an uptick and they aren't even talking about colluding in that state, not that they have time to anyway.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Yeah this huge boom for Cruz and Kasich seems misguided. IMO it's the death knell of their efforts.

If I were Cruz I wouldn't have done it. This deal still won't win him any friends with the people that matter and in a contested convention he will not be the nominee.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Vox Nihili posted:

Have any of the recent IN polls questioned where the second choice votes would go? With Kasich hovering around 15% there it might be enough, but the agreement could turn more undecideds away from Cruz, so in the end any movement might just be a wash.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Peachstapler posted:

Have any of the recent IN polls questioned where the second choice votes would go? With Kasich hovering around 15% there it might be enough, but the agreement could turn more undecideds away from Cruz, so in the end any movement might just be a wash.

The Fox News IN poll says that a Cruz/Trump race has Trump winning by 2.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Aliquid posted:

If I were Cruz I wouldn't have done it. This deal still won't win him any friends with the people that matter and in a contested convention he will not be the nominee.

If Cruz can get it to a second ballot he'll win due to Ron Pauling all the delegates he could. He doesn't care what people think about it.

Either Cruz' internal polling shows that this is the best chance at tripping Trump, or he's planning to campaign the gently caress out of Indiana and then immediately reneg on the deal. Most likely the Kasich and Cruz internal polling shows that his is the most likely strategy to maximize NeverTrump delegates. Being mathematically eliminated from reaching 1237 almost certainly makes Cruz a deadlier opponent for Trump, before we were getting the nice face of Cruz trying to get all these idiots to see his divine right to be the candidate. Now he's gonna have to show them through inquisition.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

PPP released early! http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/04/clinton-sanders-close-in-ctpari-trump-headed-for-big-wins.html

D
CT: Clinton 48, Sanders 46
PA: Clinton 51, Sanders 41 (note the PA 13 MoV Market...)
RI: Sanders 49, Clinton 45 (reminder, only other poll is a meh Clinton +9 with ~25% undecided)

R
CT: Trump 59, Kasich 25, Cruz 13
PA: Trump 51, Cruz 25, Kasich 22
RI: Trump 61, Kasich 23, Cruz 13

Markets are fairly asleep so far - are you?

Social Studies 3rd Period has issued a correction as of 12:06 on Apr 25, 2016

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

C7ty1 posted:

PPP released early! http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/04/clinton-sanders-close-in-ctpari-trump-headed-for-big-wins.html

D
CT: Clinton 48, Sanders 46
PA: Clinton 51, Sanders 41 (note the PA 13 MoV Market...)
RI: Sanders 49, Clinton 45 (reminder, only other poll is a meh Clinton +9 with ~25% undecided)

R
CT: Trump 59, Kasich 25, Cruz 13
PA: Trump 51, Cruz 25, Kasich 22
RI: Trump 61, Kasich 23, Cruz 13

Markets are fairly asleep so far - are you?

RI-D looks to be expected. The PA-D and CT-D look a bit low. Has PPP's accuracy in Closed Primaries gotten any better?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Those PPP polls are ridiculous. The Trump 50+ All market is collapsing (yes going up), and the Bernie dropout market is losing steam, too.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

It would be really sad if a small win in 1/5 states on Tuesday was all it took for Bernie to stay in the race. That really seems like the reasoning for Dropout Yes dipping.

e: I didn't see how close that poll is in CT.

Fidel Castronaut has issued a correction as of 16:39 on Apr 25, 2016

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I'm in Penn MOV on Yes now. I think Clinton will easily beat that PPP poll.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm in Penn MOV on Yes now. I think Clinton will easily beat that PPP poll.

A Harper Polling poll also hit today showing PA at a 28 point margin.

It won't be that either.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

time to buy cheap hill yes in wv?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Abel Wingnut posted:

It was for a split second, now evening out.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Abel Wingnut posted:

depends: do you expect there to be a poll putting her tied or up, or for perceived momentum from big wins on tuesday to spike the price? if so do it, if not, don't do it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Abel Wingnut posted:

I would focus on the Tuesday markets and end of month markets so you can get a quick return and reinvest, as a general matter. Always good to diversify, though.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Vox Nihili posted:

Those PPP polls are ridiculous. The Trump 50+ All market is collapsing (yes going up), and the Bernie dropout market is losing steam, too.

I think Trump might do it. Cruz and Kasich are a mess.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Well Trump 50% All No is now at 70c, in my judgment that's cheap but it looks like the Yes crowd is very enthusiastic. So far he's only but 50% in his home state, and 4 of the 5 primaries tomorrow are closed to independents.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

New ARG poll showed Trump at 55 in MD, which is the last of the 5 that was a total mystery more or less.

As a reminder, ARG is garbage.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

It hasn't been the most fun to go to sleep with +750 in my gain/loss category and wake up to +350. It has rebounded somewhat but that is one reason that I'm out after the primaries. This stuff is too nerve-racking.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Fidel Castronaut posted:

It hasn't been the most fun to go to sleep with +750 in my gain/loss category and wake up to +350. It has rebounded somewhat but that is one reason that I'm out after the primaries. This stuff is too nerve-racking.

just make money my man

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Yeah, what a cop said. Maybe you should have sold at +750! But that's still a decent return and clearly you're doing something right. If it's stressing you that bad, cash out of the markets now with the sweet profits and turn to another.

e: alternatively, don't go to sleep invested, shrug

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I think it was vox who gave some great advice earlier about how you should always take gains asap in markets where a single factor could drop and gently caress everything up.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

All sage advice. Investing everything in Sanders Yes for the presidency now!

(f'real thanks for the tips, fellas!)

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

a cop posted:

I think it was vox who gave some great advice earlier about how you should always take gains asap in markets where a single factor could drop and gently caress everything up.

isn't that true of all markets?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Abel Wingnut posted:

isn't that true of all markets?

Kinda..there are definitely markets that carry far more risk than others though.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

a cop posted:

It has to be something reasonable though. Hillary dying or getting arrested would have destroyed the BIDENRUN market, but otherwise that was a classic case of dumping as much money as you could afford and riding it out to the end. A +750 to +350 movement there because of a bad news cycle would not have mattered and it would have been a bad idea to cash out at 750 if riding it out to the end would have garnered even more profit.

For volatile markets like polls, you always have to be wary of outlier gently caress up polls or random news stories or even something in the comments section that drastically swing a market. That's why everyone says don't bet on polls. There are too many factors and it's nigh impossible to handicap those correctly, there's no edge there. You're just straight up gambling.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

a cop posted:

Now I just need to follow my own advice!!! (Though I did today by cashing out of the Penn Dem MOV market).

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

nachos posted:

For volatile markets like polls, you always have to be wary of outlier gently caress up polls or random news stories or even something in the comments section that drastically swing a market. That's why everyone says don't bet on polls. There are too many factors and it's nigh impossible to handicap those correctly, there's no edge there. You're just straight up gambling.

It was a few weeks ago where Congressional Approval was like, .95 one way the day or so of the market ending. No more polls in sight. Everything was in the clear.

then oops one of the places that does that poll every month or so came out and put it under the threshold and the market flipped!!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

C7ty1 posted:

New ARG poll showed Trump at 55 in MD, which is the last of the 5 that was a total mystery more or less.

As a reminder, ARG is garbage.

IMO he's still got less than even odds of pulling it off in both Maryland and Pennsylvania individually, and no better than 80% chance in any of the other 3 states.

The surge is still going, though, Yes 5 now up to 40c. I'm maxed on no averaging around 80c now, hail satan.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Fidel Castronaut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Z6qWRugCY

Also never have enough money on this site that it causes you stress

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
having fun in MD Dem MoV >20 today. Made a killing by buying up NOs in the teens after the weird ARG poll came out this morning and selling at 30c. I'm planning to get in now on the YES side, since it seems like such a ridiculously favorable state to Hillary. Does anyone have a stake on either side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the mov markets move tons on election day. i wouldn't hold either side until results come in, then i'd start playing the waves

• Locked thread