Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Land of the Lost, while not great, is way way better than it has any right to be.

The walnut gag is likely the best timed joke they could have done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Rurea posted:

I want a Gamer 2 with Dwayne Johnson replacing gerard butler and sam rockwell instead of michael c hall.
only if sammy rocks keeps that delightfully theatrical accent. Michael C Hall should be a villain in a comic book movie already. If they're doing Green Lantern Corps my dream movie is a Lex Luthor Corps movie where a team of Lex Luthors from alternate realities team up and they're all weird esoteric campy performances of Luthor that piss off comic book purists and are all played by people you'd never expect as Luthor
So we'd have Piss Jar Luthor played by Eisenberg back of course and a Michael C Hall Luthor, maybe we could get Jimmi Simpson to play one, etc y'all get the idea.
I think this is a genius plan for box office success.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

TheFallenEvincar posted:

only if sammy rocks keeps that delightfully theatrical accent. Michael C Hall should be a villain in a comic book movie already. If they're doing Green Lantern Corps my dream movie is a Lex Luthor Corps movie where a team of Lex Luthors from alternate realities team up and they're all weird esoteric campy performances of Luthor that piss off comic book purists and are all played by people you'd never expect as Luthor
So we'd have Piss Jar Luthor played by Eisenberg back of course and a Michael C Hall Luthor, maybe we could get Jimmi Simpson to play one, etc y'all get the idea.
I think this is a genius plan for box office success.

Only if it includes Billy Zane (overdubbed by Clancy Brown) as DCAU Lex as the villain.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Chairman Capone posted:

Also, I can't believe I never caught this before, but there's a scene where Magneto levitates glass.
There is iron in most glass. I mean, I'm meeting the movie more than half way with that, but there you have it.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Watched Age of Ultron again over the weekend and as much of a mess the movie still is, I forgot how much I enjoyed the Vision in it.

Him scoping out Thor's cape and thinking "that's pretty cool, now I have one" was a neat little visual touch, as was the little nod to his relationship to Scarlet Witch in the comics when he gently lifts her up as Sakovia is exploding.

I also loved the final scene between Vision and Ultron. Ultron full circle back to his broken puppet form that he truly always was, standing before the fully realized vision of what he was meant to be. Vision's "something isn't beautiful because it lasts forever" and "it's a privilege to be among them" lines referencing humanity being doomed were great little bits of dialogue.

All in all I feel like Vision with 10 minutes of screen time made a better Superman than what we got in both Snyder films. I can't wait to see him rocking that loving cardigan in Civil War.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Paul Bettany is just great in general. His Vision and Jarvis in Agent Carter are both amazing.

Even in mediocre movies, like The Da Vinci Code or A Knight's Tale, he is far and away the best part.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Paul Bettany is just great in general. His Vision and Jarvis in Agent Carter are both amazing.

He's not in Agent Carter. That's James D'Arcy.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/RealHughJackman/status/724568571104362496

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Wait? How? What? Early Weapon X?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

"'Member that guy you sent to Weapon X? Well...."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

And here is the rest of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jer8XjMrUB4

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Man, I'm loving the look of this. Singer stepped up, I think.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Wolverine! Jubilee! :woop:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Land of the Lost, while not great, is way way better than it has any right to be.

I was laughing so hard at the southern guys coming out of the tunnel and the dead pan, "you killed him?"

Wish I could find a clip - it was way funnier in the movie I think... it's been a while.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Also the one where an edgy horned up thirteen year old spastically puppeteers Milo Ventimiglia. It's basically the role Milo V was born for. On the whole it's still my favorite cinematic sendup of online communities/internet culture out there.

Gamer is absolutely the movie that best gets both the internet and the absurd inevitability of any society with easy access to reality simulacrum technology. (Strange Days, albeit with a different kind of technological hook, best gets the tragedy.)

Rurea posted:

I want a Gamer 2 with Dwayne Johnson replacing gerard butler and sam rockwell instead of michael c hall.

Be still my beating penis heart.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Wow. I'm actually really digging this trailer. I wasn't really too hot on the look of the film before and nothing really impressed or wowed me but for some reason this trailer just made me incredibly excited for the film.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Wow. I'm actually really digging this trailer. I wasn't really too hot on the look of the film before and nothing really impressed or wowed me but for some reason this trailer just made me incredibly excited for the film.

I'm right there too. It seems like the earlier trailers didn't have the final color timing or something, feels like everything pops and locks contrasts much more effectively in this one.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I'm excited for the possibility of Hugh Jackman to show off his perfect butt again.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Days of Future Past was incredibly good and I'm way excited for this one

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

McSpanky posted:

I'm right there too. It seems like the earlier trailers didn't have the final color timing or something, feels like everything pops and locks contrasts much more effectively in this one.

Maybe that's it. I just felt that Apocalypse looked really lovely in the previous trailers and that everything looked really flat and bland. Even the dialog and action scenes they had shown before weren't doing much for me. This trailer feels completely different and is feeling extremely my poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The music in that new X-Men trailer sounds vaguely like Filter's Hey Man Nice Shot.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

if by "sounds vaguely like" you mean "is", then yes.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I think it is. Not the same recording, but it is.

Civil War comes out Thursday, gonna see it Sunday, should I go to the trouble and squeeze in Iron Man 3/Age of Ultron/Ant-Man before? Feel free to treat this as an "and/or" kind of question.

e: I'm picking up on subtle vibes that it's gonna be a quite strong no on Ultron

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 25, 2016

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

Civil War comes out Thursday, gonna see it Sunday, should I go to the trouble and squeeze in Iron Man 3/Age of Ultron/Ant-Man before? Feel free to treat this as an "and/or" kind of question.

I watched an internet cam rip stream of Age of Ultron and it was OK. Havent seen the others. Good luck

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

I am extremely confident, based on the entire history of the MCU, that you will have no trouble keeping up with Civil War without having previously seen anything. So only catch up on them if you've been wanting to see them and this is motivation.

That said, Iron Man 3 is the best of those, but also the most irrelevant. Age of Ultron is the worst of those, but probably the most relevant. Ant-Man is okay and introduces Ant-Man and a bit of his relationship with Falcon. That there is an inverse relationship between quality and relevance moving forward is not a coincidence.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

My Lovely Horse posted:

e: I'm picking up on subtle vibes that it's gonna be a quite strong no on Ultron

Sure, I would watch all three. Unless you can't afford the hours(and cost?) to see them. Might as well at least see where Tony is at that causes him to do what he does in Civil war.

None of the movies are bad enough where I wouldn't recommend watching them once. and IM:3 and Ant-Man are pretty good.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

My Lovely Horse posted:

Iron Man 3 will make you more confused probably. Ant-Man probably isn't required. Ultron might have some background info but if you don't have time, it's probably ok.

Really if you've seen Winter Soldier and are aware of the other characters, you should be able to follow what's going on.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

My Lovely Horse posted:

should I go to the trouble and squeeze in Iron Man 3/Age of Ultron/Ant-Man before? Feel free to treat this as an "and/or" kind of question.

Nope/Nope/...Eh?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Dexo posted:

Might as well at least see where Tony is at that causes him to do what he does in Civil war.

Probably wouldn't get you anywhere with that.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

Watch winter soldier and ant man, forget the rest.

Also thanks for reminding me I live in America and we have to wait another week and a half :(

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wow, I hope those cities were emptied. :( All those lives...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Vintersorg posted:

Wow, I hope those cities were emptied. :( All those lives...

Casualty count: 46.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
I would watch Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron beforehand if you've never seen them. Antman is skippable as far as story setup is concerned but it was a fun film so it wouldn't be a waste of time regardless.

I've been rewatching all three in preparation for CW (Antman is next) and have been picking up things I missed before/seeing the evolution of Stark and Roger's differences, and have been enjoying it for what that's worth. If you've got the time why the hell not?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

if by "sounds vaguely like" you mean "is", then yes.

I pulled it up on YT before I posted and it is quite different which is why I said it was vague.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Re watched the first Captain America. Great movie! Biggest complaint is that I would have like to see Cap and his crew kick a bit more rear end. Also Hugo Weaving is utterly wasted here. Red Skull is too generic of a villain. Would have loved to see him as Ultron though. I also couldn't help but feel that Cap could have like, jumped out of that plane at the end.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Re watched the first Captain America. Great movie! Biggest complaint is that I would have like to see Cap and his crew kick a bit more rear end. Also Hugo Weaving is utterly wasted here. Red Skull is too generic of a villain. Would have loved to see him as Ultron though. I also couldn't help but feel that Cap could have like, jumped out of that plane at the end.

Considering he jumps out of a plane without a parachute into the ocean in the first scene of Winter Soldier, he totally could have made it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Rurea posted:

Considering he jumps out of a plane without a parachute into the ocean in the first scene of Winter Soldier, he totally could have made it.

I think the issue was that he had to make sure the plane would crash because it carried so many super-bombs. And since he's kind of a dumbass he doesn't think of tying something around the steering wheel to keep it in place.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Please don't be as lovely as BVS, Civil War :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

Please don't be as lovely as BVS, Civil War :pray:

The Movie Fight for these two films is going to be awesome.

• Locked thread