Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I laughed much more at "What are you, 46? 48?" than I should have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

I laughed much more at "What are you, 46? 48?" than I should have.

Hitman so far has been a ridiculously stupid yet fun game. They really put in a lot of work with incidental dialogue and patter you can overhear around Paris, I always hear something new from people on phones or meeting others.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MinibarMatchman posted:

Hitman so far has been a ridiculously stupid yet fun game. They really put in a lot of work with incidental dialogue and patter you can overhear around Paris, I always hear something new from people on phones or meeting others.

The Escalation mode has astonishing depth, too; the different characters and the restrictions for how to kill them really go a long way to getting you to deconstruct the entire level, tons of things you don't necessarily see with the main two targets.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Forceholy posted:

So The Evil Within is only $20. I've had an itch for survival horror for a while. Is it worth getting? Is it at least better than RE6?

It's a fun enough shooter with some poorly designed boss fights, so it's probably worth it. Don't expect a coherent plot though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

The Escalation mode has astonishing depth, too; the different characters and the restrictions for how to kill them really go a long way to getting you to deconstruct the entire level, tons of things you don't necessarily see with the main two targets.

i can't wait for the full disc release

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The first fifth of Evil Within maybe is survival horror then it shoves you into 3rd person shooting and some of the worst boss fights ever made. Didn't help that the story was so loving bad it made Resident Evil look like Shakespeare. When I played it at launch, the performance was also probably the loving worst I've ever seen on the console.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Time our for our monthly Psn+ games moan? Have we had any indication?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I've said it before but Evil Within feels like a weird game that came out before RE4 and of which RE4 was the polished sequel to. It's so weird how it feels like a regression of RE4 in a ton of basic ways.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My problem with Dishonoured, apart from it looking ugly as gently caress, was that if it's possible to do a non-lethal don't get spotted run I'm going to try and do it, even if it's the least fun way to play the game. :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Manwithastick posted:

the last thursday of the month is announce day generally

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Manwithastick posted:

Rumor suggests Watch_Dogs and Tetris Ultimate. Seriously.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

My problem with Dishonoured, apart from it looking ugly as gently caress, was that if it's possible to do a non-lethal don't get spotted run I'm going to try and do it, even if it's the least fun way to play the game. :(

Even if it's the least fun way to do it, it's still fum.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

univbee posted:

Wow, it may be old but I think that Watch_Dogs is one of the biggest titles to go Plus

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

It was also pretty bad.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

watchdogs is not interesting to me but at least everyone would shut up.
lovely tetirs can get hosed i own puyo puyo tetris already

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Watch Dogs is fine if you paid $20 or less for it. Free is the perfect price. There are some enjoyable activities to do like convoys, and the online player vs player is pretty neat.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Noooo don't give me Watch Dogs, I have no self restraint or respect and I'll play the gently caress out of it despite watching the entire LP.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Wow, it may be old but I think that Watch_Dogs is one of the biggest titles to go Plus

I can get a secondhand copy on Amazon.ca right now for $6 which I'm pretty sure is less than Amazon even charges to sell it for you. So I'm glad Ubisoft admits the game is valueless. :v:

Real hurthling! posted:

lovely tetirs can get hosed i own puyo puyo tetris already

They should give Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Which would also be nice since it means they'll have to start offering it digitally.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Noooo don't give me Watch Dogs, I have no self restraint or respect and I'll play the gently caress out of it despite watching the entire LP.

you...watched an entire watchdogs lp?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

^^^^chip cheezum is pretty funny

univbee posted:

I can get a secondhand copy on Amazon.ca right now for $6 which I'm pretty sure is less than Amazon even charges to sell it for you. So I'm glad Ubisoft admits the game is valueless. :v:

They should give Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Which would also be nice since it means they'll have to start offering it digitally.

yeah games having basically zero sales for several months is the only way we will see them grab the sony plus chump change per download on AAA titles.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Exist Archive, a tri-ace spiritual successor to Valkyrie Profile, is heading West via Aksys for PS4/Vita.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Harlock posted:

Watch Dogs is fine if you paid $20 or less for it. Free is the perfect price. There are some enjoyable activities to do like convoys, and the online player vs player is pretty neat.

Pretty much. It was one of those games where there was a lot of cool stuff on the periphery like the random character notes and the tracking games but once it tried to drag you back to the main story it was just painful. I bought it at full price and never even finished it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll play W_D for free. I only just broke down and ordered Puyo Puyo vs Tetris though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saoshyant posted:

Exist Archive, a tri-ace spiritual continuation to Valkyrie Profile, is heading West via Aksys for PS4/Vita.

:woop: it's real

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

I'll play W_D for free. I only just broke down and ordered Puyo Puyo vs Tetris though.

you won't be dissappointed

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

univbee posted:

Haha, oh man... I'm normally one of those who defend the overall selection of PS Plus titles, but if Tetris Ultimate is included... I mean, that's like giving away SecuROM games.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Awesome! posted:

you...watched an entire watchdogs lp?

It was worth it for the coining of the highly uncomfortable terms "sisterwife" and "nephewson".

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

univbee posted:

While I'd be okay with getting Watch Dogs for free, this almost looks like a fake to me. Almost specifically tailored to make everybody mad about PS+. I hope this isn't a real thing.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

MisterAlex posted:

Haha, oh man... I'm normally one of those who defend the overall selection of PS Plus titles, but if Tetris Ultimate is included... I mean, that's like giving away SecuROM games.

There's nothing wrong with giving away a new version of one of the best games ever made, the problem is that it's the very worst version of one of the best games ever made. Glitchy and laggy at launch, with content cut out and sold at launch as expansion packs. To me it's a bigger stain on Ubisoft then AC: Unity.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

barren_sky posted:

There's nothing wrong with giving away a new version of one of the best games ever made, the problem is that it's the very worst version of one of the best games ever made. Glitchy and laggy at launch, with content cut out and sold at launch as expansion packs. To me it's a bigger stain on Ubisoft then AC: Unity.

Yes, that's my point.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

If you have not watched the infamous video for Tetris Ultimate on PS4, you should, it's the most hilarious thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nNp3nqtbWQ

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

your reminder that puyo puyo tetris is a very cheap import right now and has some absolutely insane vs action in the modes that combine both games

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

mycot posted:

It was worth it for the coining of the highly uncomfortable terms "sisterwife" and "nephewson".

Nicky's never coming back.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Sisterwife was a mormon/polygamy term WAY before Watchdoge came out (in fact there is a show called Sisterwives which I've never seen I'm just aware it exists)

Anyway, Watchdogs isn't really that bad once you lower your expectations to the Ubisoft setting.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Harlock posted:

Yeah if nothing else throwing it out as a 'freebie' would get some more people into the PvP pool for a short while.

Of course I'm assuming it's still broken all the ways it was broken before, so maybe that's not actually a good thing for anyone

juliuspringle posted:

Sisterwife was a mormon/polygamy term WAY before Watchdoge came out (in fact there is a show called Sisterwives which I've never seen I'm just aware it exists)
On the other hand, the mormons probably edited their script intentionally

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

juliuspringle posted:

Anyway, Watchdogs isn't really that bad once you lower your expectations to the Ubisoft setting.

not that kind of sisterwife.

the kind where the writers changed the relationship of the mc to the dead woman that the revenge plot is around so most of the cutscenes play out like he was romantically involved with his sister while his nephew starts treating him like a deadbeat dad

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Do you climb towers to reveal stuff on your map? Do you jump off of them into piles of strategically-placed CYBER HAY?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Do you climb towers to reveal stuff on your map?

You HACK towers to reveal stuff on your map.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Dammit, I bought watch dogs last month for 8 bucks. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

You have to climb around and hack cherry pickers and stuff to reach network hubs to reveal parts of the map. They're kind of neat puzzles sometimes, but it all evokes Assassin's Creed so hard you're like, goddamn it Watch Dogs man why can't you just parkour up this tiny wall.

• Locked thread