Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Morglon posted:

So what about the veteran costumes then? I want Golden Saint again.

Those still unlock, just now at whatever the respective Champion Rank is. Like, before, you get the Golden Saint costume at VR2, now it is Champion Rank 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Scyantific posted:

This is probably the only good thing to come from DB. A literal bowling ball armor set.

They added a badger to the pets store too.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Hah, that is a pretty cool set bonus.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Because the quest lines are fun? I am not saying I will never talk to people, I am saying that I am traditionally a PC MMO player and I haven't tried it on console yet. Surprise surprise, it's still fun without someone spamming up trade chat every half a second

E. I mean poo poo, I played through the Secret World almost entirely single player and that was some of the most fun I've had when compared to doing my x-thousandth run of the same Wow instance

Is there a goon presence in Secret World still? I started playing that again and can't find anyone.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Fried Sushi posted:

Yeah the main problem I had with TSW combat was it boiled down to pressing your desired Builder button 5 times then your 2 spenders leaving room for a couple of utility skills. So 90% of combat was 1,1,1,1,1,2,3 repeat.

That's still two buttons more than ESO requires.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

JackBadass posted:

Is there a goon presence in Secret World still? I started playing that again and can't find anyone.

Kind of, there's a group goon chat channel but I don't think there's any active guilds.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3552793&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

They added a badger to the pets store too.

Uh can badgers knock people over by rolling through them?

...Didn't think so :smug:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:lol: Well-Fitted now reduces the cost of roll dodge and sprinting.

Glad I kept my well-fitted Kena Helm

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

quote:

Reaching level 50 with a second character means you can immediately equip gear up to your account’s Champion Point value since Champion Points are shared across all characters on an account.

That's pretty significant.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Mizuti posted:

That's pretty significant.

Yeah, this is gonna be an expensive patch for me, because I'll now have four max level toons per the CP count. Gotta make all new gear for 3 of them. :negative:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Had a friend ping me on steam after testing out the changes.

-Stamina DK? More like DrunkDK, burning breath looks more like projectile vomit breath. They really need to fix those animations.
-Reporas and Itades are 2600 gold each from NPC vendors :laffo: Better start stocking up on them now.
-And costs for all abilities got some serious increases. Some people are even reporting as high as 25% increase from current live values.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

patch notes posted:

Conjured Ward: Reduced the duration of this ability and the Hardened Ward morph to 6 seconds from 20 seconds.
Empowered Ward (Conjured Ward morph): Reduced the duration of this morph to 8 seconds from 20 seconds.

What the gently caress

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Kind of, there's a group goon chat channel but I don't think there's any active guilds.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3552793&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Yeah, I saw that, but that chat's always dead, which is what I was referring to.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I think that with the skills change talk everyone missed the best change of this upcoming update: you are going to be able to wear Cadwell's pot with other costumes now! :woop:

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

JackBadass posted:

Yeah, I saw that, but that chat's always dead, which is what I was referring to.

If we can get a substantial number of goons playing I'd be in. I never got to do the dungeons and stopped after getting to Tokyo and would really like to get through everything else some time.

As for ESO, I'm enjoying Sorcerer a bit, but I'm still very low level and the maaaaain reason I wanted to check it out seems far off (bolt escape), so I kind of want to check out Nightblade and have fun with movement, stealth and easier thieves guild theft stuff.

Am I being a baby (as in "leveling doesn't take that long, Degs"), and are there exp bonuses for having a char at max level?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Degs posted:

If we can get a substantial number of goons playing I'd be in. I never got to do the dungeons and stopped after getting to Tokyo and would really like to get through everything else some time.

As for ESO, I'm enjoying Sorcerer a bit, but I'm still very low level and the maaaaain reason I wanted to check it out seems far off (bolt escape), so I kind of want to check out Nightblade and have fun with movement, stealth and easier thieves guild theft stuff.

Am I being a baby (as in "leveling doesn't take that long, Degs"), and are there exp bonuses for having a char at max level?

You probably won't level fast enough to have the 160 CP necessary when veteran ranks are removed from the game at the end of May. Best to just enjoy playing whatever you like for now.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

valuum posted:

What the gently caress

gently caress

right after you guys taught me. This poo poo happens

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
There will probably be some new poison armor sets, but leeching plate is likely to be a go to for snake knights... Serpent knights? Poison DKs. I might try to buy a v16 set this month before the update. The only thing is that Embers is the main self heal, which the leeching plate optimizes and you can't take that if you are min/maxing poison since the other morph is the poison one. Leaves a poison dk without an obvious self heal and nothing that really takes advantage of the healing taken buff. Didn't look like any of the poisons actually leech and the armor leech isn't all that good. Shards and blood both do a bit, but not really enough. In essence it seems like it will be hard to optimize across flame and poison. Hopefully there will be some armor sets focusing on poison.

The dodge, roll etc. armory might be more useful. It seems though that while they are adding roll to the well fitted they are also increasing the cost of both break free and rolling. I wonder if they are trying to force hybrid builds? I don't see how that is going to work with an overall cost increase in skills across the board though. Maybe they are thinking that some sort of meta shifts to more weapon attacks and hybrid builds (so the builds the developers are already using start to work. Maybe they are tired of sucking at the game or something?)

Sheer Venom for Stam snakes. Vipers is really nice. I used it, but I think there is only a v14 version.

Probably a lot of bow snakes wandering around. I can't remember. Is there a synergy between the flame and poison damage in cp?

Also seems like regular light and heavy attacks are being made to be much more integral, beyond regen, what with poisons and "significant" increases to weapon glyphs.

werewolves are going to screwed since everyone is going to be running around applying poisons for a while at least.

Vamp changes look interesting. I didn't initially like them, but the shift to a six hour timer that is reduced by skill usage makes it so you could really effectively stay at your preferred stage, even during trials and such. Because I am bad I use he vamp drain. It looks like that is actually being made more viable and could work with leeching plate. At vamp 2 you get the regen with a small penalty on health regen mitigated by the passive and you don't need to have a vamp ability slotted.

The power bash/slam change looks interesting, though I seem to recall that is already a pretty expensive skill. Changes it from CC to dps.

I may try to run on the pts a bit, but am more focused on getting as many CP's in place as I can.

E: they should give argonians a poison passive ala the dunker fire passive.

E:e: it looks like DW got buffed for utility and 2H got nerfed... Or at least really altered in how it will be specced and used.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 26, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Leeching Plate is Bind on Pickup, JFYI.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Scyantific posted:

Leeching Plate is Bind on Pickup, JFYI.

Thanks. Not that useful without a good leech anyway I think.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Looks like they added new alchemy ingredients from butterflies, torchbugs, corpseflies, spiders, mudcrabs, etc. for the poisons, on top of all the other stuff which now is useful for all those ravage x modifiers.

edit: Also, basic poisons sold from merchants. The effects are kind of interesting, you've got your standard does x poison damage but there's also stuff like drain movement speed from a target giving it to you, drain crit ratings, health leeches, mark a target so they can't stealth, increase the cost of stamina/magicka abilties on target.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 26, 2016

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

Looks like they added new alchemy ingredients from butterflies, torchbugs, corpseflies, spiders, mudcrabs, etc. for the poisons, on top of all the other stuff which now is useful for all those ravage x modifiers.

edit: Also, basic poisons sold from merchants. The effects are kind of interesting, you've got your standard does x poison damage but there's also stuff like drain movement speed from a target giving it to you, drain crit ratings, health leeches, mark a target so they can't stealth, increase the cost of stamina/magicka abilties on target.
The poison system sounds pretty cool.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Wonder if the insect reagents will be added to existing insects in stock?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
So I'm pretty sure the heist missions are impossible to complete undetected for the achievement, I managed to do it perfectly once but didn't get credit and every time I interact with an object I'm supposed to steal my status changes to detected even when I'm not actually being seen and engaged and take no hit to my time limit. Other than that they also don't seem as fun as I thought they would be what with the lantern dudes not actually needing line of sight to decloak you, some bad spawns essentially loving you out of your bonus through no fault of your own. Oh yeah and the entire lag thing.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I've only met the time bonus once. I just chalk it up to being bad.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
So basically if you are attempting to do a new install of the test server you get to 23% and it crashes on both Mac and PC. Updates of previous installs seem to have worked. ZOS is of course working on it, but it is pretty funny for a test server.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Since there's no trial does this thing ever go on sale? I'm a cheap oval office

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Check various reputable key sellers around the interwebs. You can usually get the regular edition for about ten bucks, the imperial for less than 20, depending on where you look. Don't buy from Steam or Zenimax directly that's just dumb.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

This deal is linked at the top of the ESO subreddit but I'm not familiar with the site myself : http://www.dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So, uh, about Veteran Rank removal:
  • Absolutely nothing important has changed, beyond the whole "well now the game is much more alt-friendly now!" schtick.
  • The gear grind is now tied to champion points (even though it caps out at 160 CP, for every alt you make, you'll have to grind up the necessary 800+ mats/tempers/enchants to fully kit them out).
  • Elitism will get worse, since Zenimax thought it would be a great idea to have your current Champ rank displayed for everyone to see. So even though a person is at 160 CP, they're still going to be looked down on by those who have 501+ CP.
  • The game is now getting balanced around Champion Points/Ranks, which is unhealthy in the long run. Ideally, Champion Points should be balanced around the game. Biggest example of this is the increased costs for spells, abilities, dodge-rolling, blocking, and CC break. At zero cost reduction from any source, DB values are a staggering 20% higher than current Live numbers.
  • The gap between players remains the same. Someone with 50 CP will still get their poo poo kicked in by someone with 160 CP, and someone with 160 CP will continue to get their poo poo kicked in by someone with 501 CP.

tl;dr Veteran Rank removal only solved one problem associated with Veteran Ranks, and left a slew of other issues in its place. This is not a rant, this is pretty much my summary of their attempt to solve one of the problems associated with a core gameplay concept/feature.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Scyantific posted:

So, uh, about Veteran Rank removal:
  • Absolutely nothing important has changed, beyond the whole "well now the game is much more alt-friendly now!" schtick.
  • The gear grind is now tied to champion points (even though it caps out at 160 CP, for every alt you make, you'll have to grind up the necessary 800+ mats/tempers/enchants to fully kit them out).
  • Elitism will get worse, since Zenimax thought it would be a great idea to have your current Champ rank displayed for everyone to see. So even though a person is at 160 CP, they're still going to be looked down on by those who have 501+ CP.
  • The game is now getting balanced around Champion Points/Ranks, which is unhealthy in the long run. Ideally, Champion Points should be balanced around the game. Biggest example of this is the increased costs for spells, abilities, dodge-rolling, blocking, and CC break. At zero cost reduction from any source, DB values are a staggering 20% higher than current Live numbers.
  • The gap between players remains the same. Someone with 50 CP will still get their poo poo kicked in by someone with 160 CP, and someone with 160 CP will continue to get their poo poo kicked in by someone with 501 CP.

tl;dr Veteran Rank removal only solved one problem associated with Veteran Ranks, and left a slew of other issues in its place. This is not a rant, this is pretty much my summary of their attempt to solve one of the problems associated with a core gameplay concept/feature.

The thing that's really getting me is the cost of abilities/dodge/break etc. Like holy poo poo break and dodge already cost a decent bit in the middle of a long fight. Unless they really nerf the cooldown on pots I dunno how even heavy weave is gonna keep up on pledge bosses or other thing of that nature.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well I know I can't do it now on my baby Templar. It's gonna be super miserable for everyone who's just starting out.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Only in pvp really. Aren't they nerfing parts of PvE? Some dungeons and such? If so, they are pushing people to level cp, max out and farm in PvE in order to be viable in pvp? Something like that.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!
Toot toot good opinions coming through like that juggernaut tanking set.

The best "warrior" class is sorcerer, since you get 60% healing on crit. No other stamina class has this kind of self-heal, and it is absurdly good. If you want to extend "warrior" to mean "melee", then magicka templar has about that level of self-heal with ~20% more dps.

Scyantific posted:

small, insignificant perk to ESO+, the unlimited craft bags.

My personal gbank full of crafting garbage begs to differ.

You only get champ points from leveling with a level 50 character. So try to get a decent number of champion points on your main (e.g. 90 will get you 12% of your favorite crit, 180 will get you 30/30 in elemental def/hardy) before you go crazy with alts.

Scyantific posted:

they're making the stupid decision to balance the game around Champion Points instead of balancing Champion Points around the game.

Well said. This was also a problem with the champ point cap. They could have just changed what the points themselves did (e.g. put all the benefit in the first 25 points of each thing, then make points 25-100 basically irrelevant).

Scyantific posted:

Elitism will get worse

All good points, but this is the best one. One of my favorite things about the game is that until now, they've made it difficult to spy on your group members and kick people who aren't playing flavor of the month. Putting champion rank in the group menu is a real step back (although now you will at least take a 15 minute queue penalty for dropping out).

Sogol posted:

Only in pvp really. Aren't they nerfing parts of PvE? Some dungeons and such? If so, they are pushing people to level cp, max out and farm in PvE in order to be viable in pvp? Something like that.

They are nerfing the Imperial City dungeons (both modes) and veteran City of Ash. I don't think this has anything to do with PvP since: 1) almost no one plays PvP, and 2) within the already small PvP population, almost no one plays the non-champ point campaign.

My guess is that the reputation of the veteran Imperial City dungeons is so bad that people aren't buying the DLC to get gold keys, which was probably the original idea (again, almost no one plays PvP, so I would assume that most sales of IC are due to the substantial PvE component). We'll have to see how much they are genuinely nerfed. They did this once before, and they kept the boss fights the same but made the trash stop one-shotting you. The dungeons maintained a nice level of difficulty while being less of a slog, so it is certainly within their power to make good balance changes.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
The change to IC non-sewers looks interesting.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Wait is the PvP dead?

I like world PvP! Oh well.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Rookersh posted:

Wait is the PvP dead?

I like world PvP! Oh well.

Not dead, just not a substantial fraction of the playerbase. We do goon PvP occasionally, so if you're PC NA Ebonheart drop your @ name here for an invite.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Scy has been ordering me to PvP with my tank but I'm skurred.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

tgidieday posted:

Not dead, just not a substantial fraction of the playerbase. We do goon PvP occasionally, so if you're PC NA Ebonheart drop your @ name here for an invite.

I'll give this a go. @soulex555

My playing time has been cut significantly due to my computer having to be formatted and me being moved. So no longer playing at work as much. Also raising two kids makes playing at home a bit harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.

tgidieday posted:

@atom4sh

I think I'm ready to give ESO a shot.

• Locked thread