Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Regarding that mission blitzing guide, why does it recommend 9-10 different ships? Is each ship well suited for a particular mission? Starting out can I just use a Mach on everything (aside from burners of course) even if its less efficient?

Yeah all of the super specific and weird frigate fits are tailored to the individual missions. That no-prop cap-injected deadspace repping wolf? It's for fighting the blood raiders burner which loving zonks your cap every 10 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

so were going from rock paper scissors back to 'capitals always win' eh? unless you can escalate with supers. i guess thats what i should have expected in capitals online: a game about annoying rear end capitals

(i dunno if this is true at all but thats kinda what it sounds like)

April Fool
Apr 1, 2016

-Troika- posted:

They are going to be a lot easier since capitals are gonna have a lot more options to deal with subcaps. Carriers will prob be the best way.

No, mission gates won't let caps in.
But i heard nullsec incursions are going to allow capitals.

Edit: Yes https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6443936#post6443936

April Fool fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Apr 26, 2016

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

was this enough to satisfy your horribly spacerock-thirst :ohdear:

It helped me get some cool minerals so I could finish building a bantam for the industry mission guy!

He gave me a badger and said I couldn't learn any more and that I should find some new mission people. :)

When I was trying to find something else I saw a mining vi mission person. Do all stations have that sort of thing? Mining and industry would be very cool to get great standings with!

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Cygni posted:

so were going from rock paper scissors back to 'capitals always win' eh? unless you can escalate with supers. i guess thats what i should have expected in capitals online: a game about annoying rear end capitals

(i dunno if this is true at all but thats kinda what it sounds like)

It's about 3/4 true. In exchange, they shaved basically every capital and supercapital's HP in half, and removed ewar immunity from supers, and made it possible for large numbers of subcaps to tackle them (they have something like 50 warp strength). Also, starting tomorrow, capital RR effectively ceases to exist other than a FAX in triage -- no more wrecking balls, no more slowcats, no more theta circle jerking ratting carriers. So capitals are now all about high-risk high-reward.

Also, https://vine.co/v/itVaLem2mKa

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

ullerrm posted:

It's about 3/4 true. In exchange, they shaved basically every capital and supercapital's HP in half, and removed ewar immunity from supers, and made it possible for large numbers of subcaps to tackle them (they have something like 50 warp strength). Also, starting tomorrow, capital RR effectively ceases to exist other than a FAX in triage -- no more wrecking balls, no more slowcats, no more theta circle jerking ratting carriers. So capitals are now all about high-risk high-reward.

Also, https://vine.co/v/itVaLem2mKa

It's been said before but it seems like the only real counter to a mass of caps/super caps, aside from n+1, will be an even greater mass of suicide ships.

I wasn't even aware until the other day that if you lose a tech 3 ship you lose a corresponding skill. I don't understand why they don't apply the same mechanic to capitals and super caps.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

VideoGames posted:

It helped me get some cool minerals so I could finish building a bantam for the industry mission guy!

He gave me a badger and said I couldn't learn any more and that I should find some new mission people. :)

When I was trying to find something else I saw a mining vi mission person. Do all stations have that sort of thing? Mining and industry would be very cool to get great standings with!
There are mining agents all over the place. If you dock in a station and select the 'Agents' tab, you'll see a button labelled 'Agent Finder' - clicking that will open a window where you can search for agents of different types belonging to different factions and find out which ones you currently have access to.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Aw what are the squids up to?

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53561524/

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's been said before but it seems like the only real counter to a mass of caps/super caps, aside from n+1, will be an even greater mass of suicide ships.

I wasn't even aware until the other day that if you lose a tech 3 ship you lose a corresponding skill. I don't understand why they don't apply the same mechanic to capitals and super caps.

Losing Titan 5 or Doomsday 5 when a Titan dies? Hell yes!

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Does anyone know if the supercarrier AoE warp disruption superweapon works in lowsec?

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Losing Orcas is a time-honored holesquad tradition that predates SQWID by several generations.

I don't know if the same can be said about needlessly losing ships in lowsec, but my god is it ever a sqwid thing.

Normal Barbarian fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Apr 26, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

scandoslav posted:

Losing Orcas is a time-honored holesquad tradition that predates SQWID by several generations.

I don't know if the same can be said about needlessly losing ships in lowsec, but my god is it ever a sqwid thing.

I suppose I can't throw stones. I lost two Orcas when I lived in a wormhole.

https://zkillboard.com/character/92973052/losses/year/2013/month/10/

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

Anyone got any tips or fits for Curses? I fancy doing some wormhole diving and having recently trained Amarr cruisers 5 want to try out this ship. I'll use a dedicated scanning alt to cover that aspect.

On a side note, has scanning changed a lot recently? I was playing about a year and a half ago.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

VideoGames posted:

If you do a few of those missions and you find you could do with better standings for one of the 4 NPC empires then there is an introductory epic mission chain you can do.

One of the level 1 Sisters of Eve agents has Epic Story Arc you can start. It's about 40 quick missions involving a jaunt through the high sec space of each of the empires blapping drones and delivering things. The end boss can be tricky but you can ask some of your new corp members for assistance.

At the end you get a standings boost with the empire of your choice and a +8% standings bonus with them going forward. Plus you get to fly about seeing things. The missions have some cool scenery too.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

LemonDrizzle posted:

Does anyone know if the supercarrier AoE warp disruption superweapon works in lowsec?

I don't actually know. Doomsadays work, but Bombs don't...so its a toss up. I have not tested it yet.

It would be interesting if it did b/c it would be like a semi-bubble ability in low sec.

In another note.

I could be looking at this from the wrong way, but...it seems like Fighters and FB are way under the EHP they need to be. It seems really too easy to kill them.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i did more fozziesov today, saved two tcus, and killed a horde kestrel that tried to tackle me for a ph gang and then frogged out as soon as the gang landed :sun:

ph is so bad i can beat them

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

justsharkbait posted:

In another note.

I could be looking at this from the wrong way, but...it seems like Fighters and FB are way under the EHP they need to be. It seems really too easy to kill them.
Especially considering a T2 light fighter will cost 6m and a support fighter 20m.
On and for some dumb reason they also generate killmails for dank leet peveepe killboards efficiency.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

justsharkbait posted:

I don't actually know. Doomsadays work, but Bombs don't...so its a toss up. I have not tested it yet.

It would be interesting if it did b/c it would be like a semi-bubble ability in low sec.

In another note.

If they're that good at killing subcaps then subcaps being able to defang them seems good to me.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
for real, supers mow down everything. Interceptors/destroyers get murdered by the anti-fighter fighters, cruisers/T3Ds get murdered by light fighter salvo/web combos, bcs/bs get trucked by anti-subcap heavies

Fighters are super-fragile though, and fighterbays don't allow for too many extra waves if you're going for max utility. A normal carrier can completely defang a super's anti-capital abilities in about 1-2 minutes.

Also I made disgroontled's highlight reel :toot:

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Goatman Sacks posted:

for real, supers mow down everything. Interceptors/destroyers get murdered by the anti-fighter fighters, cruisers/T3Ds get murdered by light fighter salvo/web combos, bcs/bs get trucked by anti-subcap heavies

Fighters are super-fragile though, and fighterbays don't allow for too many extra waves if you're going for max utility. A normal carrier can completely defang a super's anti-capital abilities in about 1-2 minutes.

Also I made disgroontled's highlight reel :toot:

What about suicide bait heavy tank with stealth bombers to defang the fighters with a bombing run? That might be a decent sub cap fighter counter.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Xachariah posted:

What about suicide bait heavy tank with stealth bombers to defang the fighters with a bombing run? That might be a decent sub cap fighter counter.

The fighters have long range and are fast probably hard to aim with bombers.
I think cormorants would be great for that, no doubt that MOA will turn into a fighter killing alliance for killboards efficiency purposes.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

LemonDrizzle posted:

They do, yes.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Xachariah posted:

Fitting a T2 smartbomb in dread's utility highs should actually give them fairly decent defense against fighterbombers, assuming the dread blob is densely packed enough.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Goatman Sacks posted:

Fitting a T2 smartbomb in dread's utility highs should actually give them fairly decent defense against fighterbombers, assuming the dread blob is densely packed enough.

Fighterbomber's can hit a Large POS stick, so unless that particular super pilot is really, really dumb, they'll never be within 9km.

They also recall very, very quickly.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
https://gate.eveonline.com/Corporation/GoonFleet

Lol

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
now i have been in OldGoonFleet from '07-'10. what a crazy workaround.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

you know, i was pretty restrained yesterday when we found out that someone overruled team security to unban IWI bankers who had been involved in rmt, but uh, this is a little too obvious

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

evilweasel posted:

you know, i was pretty restrained yesterday when we found out that someone overruled team security to unban IWI bankers who had been involved in rmt, but uh, this is a little too obvious

I unironically can't wait to hear their justification for this. :munch:

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Remember when you said it wouldn't happen deadtear?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

CCP gave him a corp named Goonfleet and renamed the old Goonfleet to "oldgoonfleet"

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 26, 2016

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
I thought you guys loved the metagame? CCP devs Bending The Knee and all that?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Hang on, 0% tax? :getin:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Oodles posted:

RIP Mittens space empire.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

cravius posted:

Remember when you said it wouldn't happen deadtear?

what i said didnt happen you mutant gently caress

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
Can't we all just get along

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Oodles posted:

that's a low tax

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Join Freestyle Cyclists and help repeal Australia's unjustified Helmet laws.

Studies have shown cars travel much closer to cyclists wearing helmets, arguably increasing the risk of an accident.

Dieting Hippo posted:

that's a low tax

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

what i said didnt happen you mutant gently caress

no he doesnt it would be a straight up abuse for them to give him the corp when he doesnt even have a character in it and not give it to previous petitioners

My bad you just said CCP shouldn't do it I guess :shrug:

Lugnut Seatcushion fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
they didnt give him the corp they gave him the name, which is a slightly different abuse and not one i thought he'd try for

but this is some straight up laffo favoritism as fuckkkkk

• Locked thread