Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Hey guys, I could use an assist.

I've found ways to go through enemy lists pretty easily, but I'm not sure how to reassign button combinations on the controller. So, I need one of two things:

How to reassign button combinations on the controller (like R2+R1)

OR

A macro that says "Go down on the list of engaged enemies."

The first is better, but the second would help for now!
Hold L1 and press up and down to go by enmity list!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I know, but that's hard for my hands to do consistently.

(Hold R2 or L2) then (L1 or R1) goes through all available enemies. However, it's MUCH easier to do than what's currently set up to go through the enmity list: (release shoulders) (hold L1) (Push pad up or down) (hit a) (release L1) (push shoulder button) (do a thing).

I can do it, but more than a few times my fingers haven't moved quite the way I want them to. Which sucks. So if I can swap the two or something, that'd be neat.

Edit: Alternatively, "click R3" because I don't use first person camera. But I can assign a macro to it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hamsterlady posted:

Though level 60 BLMing is a little tough when you have to squint at the screen to make out all your timers because the numbers are so small.

For what it's worth you can gently caress around in settings and make the Remote Play HUD layout different from the DS4 one, so you can make your status tray 140% or whatever.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Honestly, 99% of the time I just use plain left and right on the Dpad and swivel the camera if needed to put the appropriate target in view for targeting. L1 and up/down is not something I have to use often. I don't know if swinging the camera while hitting left and right is a problem for your hands.

There are a number of things you can do with target filters and configs though.

Do these help any?

http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Controller_Guide

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1373596512307512935

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

kirbysuperstar posted:

For what it's worth you can gently caress around in settings and make the Remote Play HUD layout different from the DS4 one, so you can make your status tray 140% or whatever.

Oh cool. I would have assumed the game wouldn't differentiate between playing on a Vita or a TV.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Hamsterlady posted:

Oh cool. I would have assumed the game wouldn't differentiate between playing on a Vita or a TV.

Square makes it pretty easy to play on the Vita, you're just better off making sure your hotbars and gearsets and everything are set up properly via console and controller first.

I never got around to getting a HW license on PS4 but had it set up for ARR and did a fair amount of FATE grinding / zodiac books / even some LDR dungeons on remote play. Works reasonably well.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Scrublord Prime posted:

Oh yeah, make sure you finish the lv50 crafting questlines to get the lv50 crafting mainhand. With that and some artisan gear you can craft/buy your right side (I forget their names, check the market board for lv50 all class gear and see what gives +CP). From there I'd suggest GC turn-ins and leves to get all your classes to lv52 where you can buy the next mainhand which will blow your old lv50 one out of the water. From there you can get to lv53 for the holy rainbow crafting gear or even stick with the artisan for a few more levels.

also each lv50 quest gives 3x 150% exp boost books so you can eat those and crank out a bunch of darksteel nuggets or whatever to skip the lovely grind to 52.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I levelled my GSM to 53 on rose gold nuggets alone, they were selling crazy well on HW release and getting the mats was a cinch. Then I levelled from 56 to 60 purely on Aurum Regis nuggets :v:

Now I'm levelling my ALC, CUL & CRP (only because they were already somewhat levelled) using Ixals and GC turnins. Delivering HQ items to a starred item is a hell of a drug.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

How is it possible to get totally new players at that stage of the game? Or is this just hyperbole?

Thundarr posted:

I assumed he was referring to a Seph exhibition fight at PAX.

This. People did alright in terms of mechanics with the crash course I gave in line, but not even i230 gear will help you if you can't figure out which of the 30 icons on screen you've never seen before is your Cure spell.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Movin' on Up!

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Is it? Not always. There's quite a lot of people who are rather keen on the idea of some gear being restricted to specific genders or races. One would think those pushing for 'equality' would acknowledge that it's absolutely fine for that to be the case instead of using socio-political issues and threats to strong arm developers into doing what they want.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Technogeek posted:

Is it? Not always. There's quite a lot of people who are rather keen on the idea of some gear being restricted to specific genders or races. One would think those pushing for 'equality' would acknowledge that it's absolutely fine for that to be the case instead of using socio-political issues and threats to strong arm developers into doing what they want.

Why yes, I would like fewer glamor options in my catgirl-dressup game!

loving brown sea.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I'm on "vacation" in PA for the next two weeks, where I don't have access to Heavensward. I'm considering just buying Heavensward, but it's only 2 weeks and I don't want to justify a $40 purchase for such a short timespan. My ninja has a majority of the Primal gear already, so I'll probably hop on every so often to do daily gold saucer mini-games, but I'm just gonna kiss the majority of the game goodbye instead of worrying about daily roulettes.

Until the shakes start. We'll see, then.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

The Grimace posted:

I'm on "vacation" in PA for the next two weeks, where I don't have access to Heavensward. I'm considering just buying Heavensward, but it's only 2 weeks and I don't want to justify a $40 purchase for such a short timespan. My ninja has a majority of the Primal gear already, so I'll probably hop on every so often to do daily gold saucer mini-games, but I'm just gonna kiss the majority of the game goodbye instead of worrying about daily roulettes.

Until the shakes start. We'll see, then.

Level a cross class or try another role?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pray return to Waking Sands.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Yeaahhh I thought this too.

You still get sent back. Even in Heavensward, because SE hates you, personally.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

...are you serious? I mean the start of the whole quest line has them saying man Waking Sands doesn't have an Aetherlite, it's just not a convent place for a hideout.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
In 2.x, The Waking Sands became the quest hub for things relating to extreme primals and The Binding Coil raids, while the main story hub moved to Mor Dhona. The rest of the Scions move to Mor Dhona, but Urianger stays behind in Vesper Bay so that he doesn't have to move his library.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

The Chairman posted:

In 2.x, The Waking Sands became the quest hub for things relating to extreme primals and The Binding Coil raids, while the main story hub moved to Mor Dhona. The rest of the Scions move to Mor Dhona, but Urianger stays behind in Vesper Bay so that he doesn't have to move his library.

Lazy rear end in a top hat

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
Urianger is the worst scion

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
To be fair, with the Isle of Val having been wiped from the map, Urianger might very well now possess the largest collection of books available only to the Students of Baldesion.

With how easily and how badly the Rising Stones were usurped right out from underneath the Scions, that really isn't a safer place to put the books, not that the Rising Sands is safe to begin with.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Teleport > Limsa Lominsa > Aetheryte > Arcanists' Guild > Ferry > Vesper Bay

I think this should go in the OP.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

On mount I bet it's the same length as transporting to Horizon

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
It's not.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
As someone who has actually done 2.0-2.55 MSQ recently, waking sands whining is incredibly overblown in this thread.
What's the opposite of rose tinted glasses?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

kojei posted:

Urianger is the worst scion

Just because the true holder of that title is dead doesn't mean that they lose it.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Mymla posted:

What's the opposite of rose tinted glasses?

poo poo stained spectacles?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Klades posted:

Why yes, I would like fewer glamor options in my catgirl-dressup game!

loving brown sea.

Look, I don't want some Roe to just be able to slap on a skirt and enter the same private chamber as my daughters.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

In case anyone didn't catch it, Yoshi-P said they are fine with removing gender restrictions on gear, but that it's going to take a fair amount of design work and they don't want to delay the expansion or anything. However, they have a thread on the official forums where you can post/vote for what items you want them to prioritize (Bunny Gear was the overwhelming favorite at the panel), and they'll work down the list and release in batches when they have time.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I want to be able to wear other races' starting gear.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mymla posted:

I want to be able to wear other races' starting gear.

A Roe dude busting Hulk-like out of lala starting gear.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

The Chairman posted:

The rest of the Scions move to Mor Dhona, but Urianger stays behind in Vesper Bay so that he doesn't have to move his library.

Haquer posted:

Lazy rear end in a top hat

have you ever moved a lot of books? its a huge pain in the rear end

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Warrior, we need your assistance moving the library. Please carry these books to the cart by the gate.

Careful, they're very heavy. You better go one at a time.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
So you're saying they're going to duplicate that book-carrying QTE minigame from Shenmue 2 as a quest? Could be worse, I suppose.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Urianger stays at the waking sands because he offers the hard / EX primal quests there and the writers were like "crap, we can't move him now..." I guess they could have just done what they did with Rowena and have him at two places at once.

SilverSupernova posted:

Just because the true holder of that title is dead doesn't mean that they lose it.

I can't tell if you're referencing Louisiox, Moenbryda, or Minfilia.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
SE should put gender unlocked items in the cash shop. It's not fair for a vocal minority to convince SE to use everyone's development resources and money on gender neutral outfits that very few people want. However I think it's fine as long as the people who want the outfits pay extra to help cover the development costs.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Pop quiz: you're tanking lost city HM and do a big pull of all the beetles and gremlins up to, but just short of the room where butterflies spawn when you attack the eggs. The two DPS in your party are out of TP and all the mobs are low on health but still alive.

Do you:

A) wait for them to mop up the pull before moving on or

B) attack the eggs, spawn the butterflies, and also pull all those mobs into the boss room and also pull the boss while all the mobs are still alive and your dps have no TP and one of them keeps dying because he's lagging or something

I thought I knew how to tank but the answer surprised me in the DF exdr I did last night

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Technogeek posted:

SE should put gender unlocked items in the cash shop. It's not fair for a vocal minority to convince SE to use everyone's development resources and money on gender neutral outfits that very few people want. However I think it's fine as long as the people who want the outfits pay extra to help cover the development costs.

Unironically agree.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ainsley McTree posted:

Pop quiz: you're tanking lost city HM and do a big pull of all the beetles and gremlins up to, but just short of the room where butterflies spawn when you attack the eggs. The two DPS in your party are out of TP and all the mobs are low on health but still alive.

Do you:

A) wait for them to mop up the pull before moving on or

B) attack the eggs, spawn the butterflies, and also pull all those mobs into the boss room and also pull the boss while all the mobs are still alive and your dps have no TP and one of them keeps dying because he's lagging or something

I thought I knew how to tank but the answer surprised me in the DF exdr I did last night

Ideally you should drag that entire pack from when you grab the gremlins up to the eggs. This way the eggs get the incidental aoe, get destroyed quicker, and the butterflies melt in the aoe pile as it is. I usually jump ahead while the tank is still getting everyone gathered up and burn down the first egg before I start aoeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I don't see why they can't move Uriranger, just because he's a quest giver doesn't exclude Waking Sands being a complety closed off area of the game like an Inn room

• Locked thread