Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I wish there was more active discussion of new capitals theorycrafting outside of the directorate, I've got ideas maaaaan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Goatman Sacks posted:

I wish there was more active discussion of new capitals theorycrafting outside of the directorate, I've got ideas maaaaan

I mean, if there's anywhere to post it, this would be it.

I don't know much about them though other than that the new fighter mechanics are neato though. I got to fly a hel and a ragnarok on sisi and it was fun and made me feel good in my sci-fi nerd bits.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

we can always ally him if people wardec him :unsmigghh:

Goons ain't any use of whatsoever in regards to highsec war deccing. Have you seen the 10s of billions that goons lose to high sec wardeccing alliances?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
yeah im sure the people who know highsec and already live in highsec doing poo poo are of no use

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Altran posted:

Goons ain't any use of whatsoever in regards to highsec war deccing. Have you seen the 10s of billions that goons lose to high sec wardeccing alliances?

Is 10s of billions as high as you can go? That's not a lot

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Altran posted:

Drythe posted:

Is 10s of billions as high as you can go? That's not a lot

I'd argue that it's FCON and SMA that have peaked the 100s marker in recent history. Hats off to Vendetta Mercenary Group!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I watched a FCON dude get blasted on the Jita undock last week in something expensive that I don't remember. It was pretty funny.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
So is anybody else going to join my awesome alliance? We can shoot goons AND FCON. How great is that?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ChickenWing posted:

I mean, if there's anywhere to post it, this would be it.

I don't know much about them though other than that the new fighter mechanics are neato though. I got to fly a hel and a ragnarok on sisi and it was fun and made me feel good in my sci-fi nerd bits.

I'm just not seeing how the new supercarriers have a role in capital fights. Heavy fighters are easily killzoned by a few dedicated anti-fighter carriers. Also dread bombs have a tendency to clump, and the new AoE doomsdays will make the tactic largely cost-ineffective. It really looks like cap fights are just going to be a N+1 titans and nothing else

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Goatman Sacks posted:

I'm just not seeing how the new supercarriers have a role in capital fights. Heavy fighters are easily killzoned by a few dedicated anti-fighter carriers. Also dread bombs have a tendency to clump, and the new AoE doomsdays will make the tactic largely cost-ineffective. It really looks like cap fights are just going to be a N+1 titans and nothing else

It could produce a strategic decision tree situation. The AOE doomsdays are good and a counter to dreads, except if your enemy is bringing primarily titans, at which point you want single-target doomsdays. But if your enemy brings mostly single-target doomsdays and not a critical mass of AOE, then the dreads win. &c.

Also I don't know.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Is the pre-doomsday AoE neut effect at all noticable on a titan-size capacitor?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

Is the pre-doomsday AoE neut effect at all noticable on a titan-size capacitor?

It's a large chunk of it. I think it's 35000 GJ on everything within 10km of the titan. An avatar only has like 100000GJ total capacitor.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
erebus lance does 33k aoe neuting, it has 162k cap so yeah it's definitely noticable

they all do slightly different amounts, the avatar aoes do 35k, rag 31k

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Ben Smash posted:

So is anybody else going to join my awesome alliance? We can shoot goons AND FCON. How great is that?

In spite of some of the dudes here are infuriating, immature, barely functional adults, I don't want to go to the effort to specifically shoot them in space. The meta games are tiring, just enjoy the rides until CCP closes the server or Digi comes knocking on your door with deadtear holding a chainsaw, whichever comes first.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
as if i'd march to that beat

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
last

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

this is the chill thread I hope it doesn't get closed too

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jazzzzz posted:

this is the chill thread I hope it doesn't get closed too

It won't. If people start to be unchill VG & FAU will just probate them.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This thread is staying because it is so chill. Never fear friends!

EDIT: Also I warned about being unchill in the other thread and the consequences!

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

VideoGames posted:

EDIT: Also I warned about being unchill in the other thread and the consequences!

:woop:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

:toot: :toot:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

In honor of your epic thread transformation efforts of today, I plan to buy a mining ship tonight and take beautiful screenshots of the rocks I hoard unto its cargohold and then post them in this thread. :swoon:

vvv I love the rust effects so much. Adds a really nice personal touch to the game. My raptor has been gathering it at a good clip and I refuse to ever clean it.

Siets fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 26, 2016

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

My Malediction is the rustiest.

VideoGames posted:

Thanks for keeping the chill thread, I like it here.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Siets posted:

In honor of your epic thread transformation efforts of today, I plan to buy a mining ship tonight and take beautiful screenshots of the rocks I hoard unto its cargohold and then post them in this thread. :swoon:

This is wonderful! :D All screenshots all the time!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
btw like I said guys if you ever want the OP updated or the title updated or whatever let me know

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ Needs to have the :eonwe: emote incorporated into it somehow. Perhaps right at the top:

:eonwe: Welcome to the chill EVE thread! Stay Calm and Just Post. :eonwe:

VideoGames posted:

This is wonderful! :D All screenshots all the time!

I think I'm gonna make the trip out to S-U8A4. Need me summa dat crokite. Hopefully I don't get blown up!

edit: Groon will probably blow me up. :ohdear:

Siets fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 26, 2016

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
If anyone knows how to take a screenshot w/ a Mac keyboard that's connected to a PC (leftover from when I was running a hackintosh), do tell. Supposedly the F13 key should map to print screen, but it does not.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Siets posted:

^^^ Needs to have the :eonwe: emote incorporated into it somehow. Perhaps right at the top:

:eonwe: Welcome to the chill EVE thread! Stay Calm and Just Post. :eonwe:

I think I'm gonna make the trip out to S-U8A4. Need me summa dat crokite. Hopefully I don't get blown up!

edit: Groon will probably blow me up. :ohdear:

done

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

I have a couple space rock shooting screenshots from when I mined in the wormhole I lived in previously!

This is my Prospect! I really like this ship because it can stealthily eat space rocks and huff gas and be able to avoid people with its covert ops cloak.

This is the Skiff I got not too long after the last screenshot because I wanted something that could eat space rocks a lot faster, since we didn't get a whole lot of traffic through our wormhole.

I still have both of these ships, they're excellent!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Xenothral posted:

I have a couple space rock shooting screenshots from when I mined in the wormhole I lived in previously!

This is my Prospect! I really like this ship because it can stealthily eat space rocks and huff gas and be able to avoid people with its covert ops cloak.

This is the Skiff I got not too long after the last screenshot because I wanted something that could eat space rocks a lot faster, since we didn't get a whole lot of traffic through our wormhole.

I still have both of these ships, they're excellent!

The Skiff is a good choice! Don't be a bad like that one Russian dude I surprised with my Pilgrim. Don't take Retrievers into wormholes! (Your Skiff and good drone skills would have had a good chance at taking me down. He, not so much. :v: )

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Libluini posted:

The Skiff is a good choice! Don't be a bad like that one Russian dude I surprised with my Pilgrim. Don't take Retrievers into wormholes! (Your Skiff and good drone skills would have had a good chance at taking me down. He, not so much. :v: )

Yeah! The Skiff is actually bait fit, too.

With the invulns running it has somewhere around 65,000 EHP. :toot:

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Xenothral posted:

Yeah! The Skiff is actually bait fit, too.

With the invulns running it has somewhere around 65,000 EHP. :toot:

Only one problem - no neut on the ship.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

OWLS! posted:

Only one problem - no neut on the ship.

Yeah but then I can't munch space rocks while I murder peoples' boats. I also had a Pilgrim on standby for the neuts, so it's okay, not that anyone ever came into the hole to try to fight my Skiff.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I had a storyline mission to mine, and I thought what would Videogames do. So I strapped two miners onto a rookie ship.

It was a blast.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I bet on revs being the preferred high angle meta but it looks like we're leaning towards nags based off the sisi op :( RIP 27 days of training

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Goatman Sacks posted:

I bet on revs being the preferred high angle meta but it looks like we're leaning towards nags based off the sisi op :( RIP 27 days of training

how many SP will you lose extracting and re-injecting, 60%?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Chances of using a dread in a situation where that much min/maxing matter much is pretty small.

Just shoot lasers at mans and be happy with the lasers.

DigitalDud
Sep 6, 2005
So I was flying around in a travel-fit interceptor going from gate to gate and somehow managed to die to a gate camp who locked and tackled me before I warped.

This is with a sub-2 second align time. Everyone says these fits are uncatchable but are they really? I don't think I fat fingered the wrong button this time so trying to work out what happened.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

DigitalDud posted:

So I was flying around in a travel-fit interceptor going from gate to gate and somehow managed to die to a gate camp who locked and tackled me before I warped.

This is with a sub-2 second align time. Everyone says these fits are uncatchable but are they really? I don't think I fat fingered the wrong button this time so trying to work out what happened.

If you have a really bad ping to the server and the instalocker has a really good ping (lives in London), that can happen occasionally, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalDud
Sep 6, 2005
Got it, I'll just chalk it up to Comcast.

• Locked thread