Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I think train and scrapdragon should be friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Countblanc posted:

Everyone gets a turn owning ghost train when it attacks Zarei

Honestly, that looks less like Patchworm owned the ghost train and more like Zarei's attempt to attune to the tool fizzled at a really opportune moment.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The train seems to be crying. Because of its injuries, because of having its head crushed, or... A broken heart?

Cut to Max, seemingly unrelated.

Edit: It's neat and kind of surprising how fast Patchworm reacted there, though; given its seemingly slow manner of speech and, well, it being a cocoon, you wouldn't expect it to be particularly quick. It continues to be an awesome companion, though.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 17, 2016

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Spirit Train used Crunch!

Patchworm used Protect!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Ooooh, Patchworm is a multi-color spirit.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Kikas posted:

Ooooh, Patchworm is a multi-color spirit.

Is it? There's motion blur on the different coloured eyes but it's only letting off a light green aura.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Spirits confirmed for only decent beings in Paranatural.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Spirits confirmed for only decent beings in Paranatural.

Starchman.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This implies that he is merely decent and I will not stand for this

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Note how the colored baubles on the sides of her glasses match Patchworm's eyes.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Uguuuuuu :kimchi: (new page nerds, in which Patchworm is an adorable cocoon and Zarei is confirmed tsundere as gently caress)

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 19, 2016

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I do love how widely varied the characters' relationships are with their spirits.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

Uguuuuuu :kimchi: (new page nerds, in which Patchworm is an adorable cocoon and Zarei is confirmed tsundere as gently caress)

I am loving slain by the alt text tho.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Now I'm kinda sad that we'll probably never see Patchworm and Eightfold interacting

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Never say never, it's possible that Patchworm will end up trapped underground forever too.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

have you ever seen patchworm and large subterranean insect in the same place

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

what if patchworm is one of the larvae of the giant subterranean insect?? Makes u think :tinfoil:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wonder if there's some meaning to whether neither, one, or both of Zarei's lenses are opaque.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MikeJF posted:

I wonder if there's some meaning to whether neither, one, or both of Zarei's lenses are opaque.

Anime. :nyoron:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

MikeJF posted:

It's another secret language. I won't tell you what it says but hoo boy is it a humdinger.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
My favorite alt text is still probably "calm down, 4chan, it's just random squiggles this time", after they decoded the spirit language in a matter of hours.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
What a goon.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Mina's family confirmed for cutest. :3:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
This is the best answer to "where is she living while trapped in Mayview"

None of us were right and I don't care in the slightest. :allears:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Oh my gooooood :kimchi:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Mina you terrible child go have lunch with your goddam treasure of a father this instant <:mad:>

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Ha ha ha ha. Okay, this is the best way this could have gone.

Thanks Zack.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

The Lord of Hats posted:

Mina you terrible child go have lunch with your goddam treasure of a father this instant <:mad:>

she's a better peer for spender than we could have possibly imagined

just terrible

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Brannock posted:

In panel 6 you can see a suitcase stuffed with clothes and other stuff. Bed on the floor too, even though the house is big enough to have a second floor. I wonder if she's new to town or something.

Mazerunner posted:

So, presumably, the idea is that Zarei is probably originally from Mayview, but became an important ghost doctor and moved away or is always busy and travelling. She may or may not make many visits back using the train, or maybe that's a new development? She's got enough connections to be able to find a couch to crash on/use as a workspace, but doesn't have a permanent residence of her own.

Alternatively, that is her house, but she spends so much time being a ghost doctor/traveling that she finds it more convenient to set up a makeshift bed and leave her clothes in her workspace rather than go upstairs. Or maybe she has a crippling fear of stairs?

Mystery solved.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Why is everyone in Spender's organization so dorky and likable.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Ragnar34 posted:

the secret sauce is that everybody is a giant dork

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is illegal

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Ragnar34 posted:

I don't know if I would call Spender himself likable, but everyone else is pretty good yeah

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Get Mina's parents together with Kate Beaton's parents.

Their dinner party will become the beating heart of a perfect world.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

I don't know if I would call Spender himself likable, but everyone else is pretty good yeah

i would

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Looks like she keeps her work with the Ghost Cops a secret from her parents. Why, exactly, do the Spirit Squad folks do that? I mean sure it's a secret organization and a secret magic world and all but just from a practical standpoint including your parents seems almost unavoidable.

Does she have a day job as a cover story, or do they think she's just a big dork who calls the basement "her lab" and sometimes puts on a weird pajama suit to hang out with her loser friends at night?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

What a terrible opinion

The worst opinion.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Dolash posted:

Looks like she keeps her work with the Ghost Cops a secret from her parents. Why, exactly, do the Spirit Squad folks do that? I mean sure it's a secret organization and a secret magic world and all but just from a practical standpoint including your parents seems almost unavoidable.

Does she have a day job as a cover story, or do they think she's just a big dork who calls the basement "her lab" and sometimes puts on a weird pajama suit to hang out with her loser friends at night?

i mean, she is a big dork who calls the basement her lab and puts on a weird pajama suit to hang out with her loser friends at night

even if she has a day job

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Brannock posted:

Mystery solved.

Hooray :woop:

Dolash posted:

I mean she is a doctor and that's probably what she told them. She just left out the 'ghost' part of it.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

Get out quit hating on Spender you loving jerk.