Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Ephphatha posted:

There's a tutorial? I went for a walk around the block to test it out and got gently caress all of a new player experience. I did managed to work out how to catch pokemon eventually but I've got no idea what there is to do beyond that.

Yeah turns out there isn't. Not much NPE yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Tiny Rogue is really fun and worth it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ragingsheep posted:

Do you need to pretend to throw your phone like you would a poké ball?

Also hold Volume Down+Power to increase the chances to catch a pokémon.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Remember to check any parked trucks you see.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Ragingsheep posted:

Do you need to pretend to throw your phone like you would a poké ball?

Just to be safe, actually throw your phone.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Konsek posted:

Remember to check any parked trucks you see.

There's also a technique for shorelines along bodies of water that I've had pretty good success with. First you hold your phone straight up in the air above your head. Then you line your body up, parallel to the shoreline, with one foot in the water and one foot on dry land. Then you run 20 feet in one direction, turn around 180 degrees (so now your feet are on the opposite side of water/land that they were before), and run 20 feet back to where you started. Repeat this until the stick of gum in your pocket spontaneously multiplies into one of those big tubs that fit into a car's cupholder.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

:toot: Animal Crossing :toot: and Fire Emblem will be coming to mobile this fall.

http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/27/nintendo-animal-crossing-fire-emblem-apps/

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

:toot: Animal Crossing :toot: and Fire Emblem will be coming to mobile this fall.

oh poo poo, Nintendo finally remembered how to print money

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
It sounds like the Animal Crossing game might be some kind of add-on go a console game, which is kind of a downer. It'd be fun to play a pared down standalone version of the game on mobile.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Montalvo posted:

It sounds like the Animal Crossing game might be some kind of add-on go a console game, which is kind of a downer. It'd be fun to play a pared down standalone version of the game on mobile.

I think they're just adding connectivity to it, so you get bonus features, kind of like how it's always been with the AC series. I'm betting we get a pretty robust (99%) version for mobile, made 100% feature-complete by connecting to a 3DS.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Is anyone still playing Star Trek Timelines? I played for a week or so when it came out, then gave it up because it seemed like a pay-gated money grab, but wondering if it's gotten any better.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

connecting to a 3DS.

and hopefully a 2ds... :shobon:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Palleon posted:

Is anyone still playing Star Trek Timelines? I played for a week or so when it came out, then gave it up because it seemed like a pay-gated money grab, but wondering if it's gotten any better.
I uninstalled it cause I wanted the space back.

Heh. Space.

I got tired of waiting for any additional gameplay to be added besides '3-star mission, then push Warp til you get all the parts you need'

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Palleon posted:

You should play Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes instead. Especially given your username.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga and KOTOR are on sale for 99 cents and $3 respectively.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

How is this on android? The reviews seem lacklustre.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Angry Birds Action! should be out worldwide now. While I did like it, when I played it in soft launch it had some serious lag on my phone so hopefully that's been sorted out by now.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Vulpes posted:

You should play Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes instead. Especially given your username.

I played it for a while then got burned out when I maxed my level and it turned into a horrible grind for marginal improvements.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Star Trek Timelines is pretty neat.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i thought the first lifeline was pretty mediocre

i liked the idea of it but the writing was really not up to snuff

Yeah, this is atrociously bad writing actually.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Orgophlax posted:

[citation needed]

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Ludosity's PsyCard is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_gVAQiSxxw

It's a pseudo-Minesweeper game played with two people where you aren't given perfect information, compounded by the fact that you can't see your opponent's picks. It has a single player story mode with multiple playable characters, along with split-screen and hotseat multiplayer. There's also a bonus mode where you wander around a maze collecting gear and magic and fighting enemies using PsyCard. If you're familiar with Ludosity, this game continues with their charming writing and characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZFDghKdHII

The only thing worth mentioning that video doesn't, is the number of skulls in the top corners tell you how many skulls are in those card colors.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Here's some video someone uploaded of the Pokemon Go beta for anyone curious about what it currently looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylW_NL5a-wc

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 29, 2016

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

Onean posted:

It's a pseudo-Minesweeper game played with two people where you aren't given perfect information, compounded by the fact that you can't see your opponent's picks. It has a single player story mode with multiple playable characters, along with split-screen and hotseat multiplayer. There's also a bonus mode where you wander around a maze collecting gear and magic and fighting enemies using PsyCard. If you're familiar with Ludosity, this game continues with their charming writing and characters.

The only thing worth mentioning that video doesn't, is the number of skulls in the top corners tell you how many skulls are in those card colors.

Bought just on the strength of Card City Nights being pretty great. If it's half as good, it should be fun at least.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

Here's some video someone uploaded of the Pokemon Go beta for anyone curious about what it currently looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylW_NL5a-wc

Interesting. Totally looks like it needs some work with collision detection, but it's Beta, so stuff like that is expected.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

quote:

Fire Emblem, for instance, is normally a tactical role-playing game, giving you control of a small anime army as it battles through difficult skirmishes. Nintendo says the mobile version will be a "more accessible" take that still offers "great value."

Yeah, I'll probably pass, but thanks for trying.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Orgophlax posted:

I guess it's good compared to hitting yourself in the dick with a hammer repeatedly.

No, on second thought, I'd rather hit myself in the dick with a hammer.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I barely finished Lifeline 1 and couldn't get past the first few choices of the second. The writing reads like what a teenager things an edgy woman should sound like. There's .30 Google surveybux I'll never get back!!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Montalvo posted:

I barely finished Lifeline 1 and couldn't get past the first few choices of the second. The writing reads like what a teenager things an edgy woman should sound like. There's .30 Google surveybux I'll never get back!!

Just go to Home Depot.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tangentially related to games and Android, the My Game Collection premium unlock is on sale for a buck:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tuyware.mygamecollection.pro&hl=en

If you've ever been standing in a used game store wondering if you actually already had some game you're looking at on a shelf then you might want to give this a look. Imports from Steam, PSN (through PSDLE) and your Playstation/Xbox cheevos, as well as a whole bunch of other options including just reading barcodes. There are some funky things you have to do with API keys to get all of it to work but so far that's the most sources I've seen for one of these database things.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

CrashCat posted:

Tangentially related to games and Android, the My Game Collection premium unlock is on sale for a buck:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tuyware.mygamecollection.pro&hl=en

If you've ever been standing in a used game store wondering if you actually already had some game you're looking at on a shelf then you might want to give this a look. Imports from Steam, PSN (through PSDLE) and your Playstation/Xbox cheevos, as well as a whole bunch of other options including just reading barcodes. There are some funky things you have to do with API keys to get all of it to work but so far that's the most sources I've seen for one of these database things.

I'm both surprised and not that this costs money.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I finished lifeline 1 enjoyed it
Picked up 2 and 3 and honestly like them
.30 cents total? Not bad at all

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I recommend Star Billion if you like/want-something-better-than Lifeline.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Star trek timelines has gotten a lot better compared to release, but it's still very bare bones.

Star wars galaxy of heroes has slightly more content but it's a pile of crap. They go through obvious nerf/ buff cycles which isn't terrible on its own, but when it can take in some cases 5 months to max a character, it's awful to find out 5 months of grinding hard modes is for naught because your target just got nerfed. It's a game that very much caters to the whales and if you don't she'll out the money you are going to have a sub part experience. If you are fine with that, you'll be fine with the game.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Onean posted:

This game is super fun but can be really aggravating. The number of times I had to make a blind guess and of course it was the one skull in the entire 9 unopened red cards left that were left is insane. :(

Good game though. I also got into DigRun which has it's own twist on the puzzle game genre: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=biz.afeel.digrun&hl=en

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

Montalvo posted:

I thought i'd be real into Lifeline for the first day or two, but boy oh boy is the decline in writing / interesting choices steep beyond that point :(

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Davedave24 posted:

I thought i'd be real into Lifeline for the first day or two, but boy oh boy is the decline in writing / interesting choices steep beyond that point :(

Snarky comment.

Sarcastic follow-up.

Overly detailed explanation of surroundings during tense life-threatening situation.

OH MY GOD --

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Nyaa posted:

I recommend Star Billion if you like/want-something-better-than Lifeline.

This? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.catchandrelea.star_billions&hl=en

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I'm both surprised and not that this costs money.
It's a pretty involved database app, a dollar seems cheap. On the other hand you can do an awful lot with it for free, but almost all of us have a dollar of survey bucks lying around right?

If you're already using something like Backloggery you're probably going to just want to stick with that (though you can also import from some of those). I got everything but my physical games entered in over one evening which is pretty impressive so it was worth it personally. Just have to go over my game cases for the disc games later and scan barcodes.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Yes. It's a charming lttle game and the mini game speeds up the wait time.