Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Scyantific posted:

Spider-man owning the poo poo out of Winter Soldier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q1gpvIL2QY
that was some loving awful spoiler tag usage bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

site posted:

I wouldn't put it past them to want a bigger star for the role to anchor the universe since infinity war is gonna "change the status quo" with respect to the mcu and who the main characters will be until they reboot the og avengers with new actors.

Marvel has never relied on big stars or directors. They make big stars and directors. Jennifer Lawrence would be off-model for them.

And about that trailer, thought I wasn't going to click it since I think I've seen enough of this thing before going in, but yeah it was sweet. Bucky's expression was amazing.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Darko posted:

30 Days of Night was okay, the problem is that it could have been GREAT.

The bulk of the story of isolation and a town that is gradually being picked off by predators is the middle section; as people are hiding and getting more and more desperate and other, hiding neighbors are killed, increasing their fear. That is probably the best use of the material.

The movie kind of glosses over this really quickly, focusing more on the initial attack and the climax. If it was weighted and paced to be a more oppressive, slow type of horror, it could have been fantastic. It was really a missed opportunity.

Yeah most horror movies would be better if they were more like The Thing.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

30 days of night could have also been better if it more closely adapted the comic.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

I enjoy the dramatic stylings of Jennifer Lawrence so I do not find this news to be at all upsetting.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

How old is Carol Danvers supposed to be? Why don't they just get Charlize Theron if they want a big name

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rurea posted:

How old is Carol Danvers supposed to be? Why don't they just get Charlize Theron if they want a big name

She's tweirty

Like most of Marvels heroes.

Like what war did the Punisher serve in? Vietraq

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

To be fair it will have at least one Asian character: Wong, Dr. Strange's manservant who knows kung fu.
To be fair they will probably not make him Strange's manservant

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was wondering why you guys were talking about that adam sandler Hanukah movie. Upon a cursory google search... You're not.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Marvel should give Adam Sandler a movie IP.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

achillesforever6 posted:

To be fair they will probably not make him Strange's manservant

I'm just waiting for the MCU to introduce Amadeus Cho, the Asian American teenage superhero whose power is literally "really good at math".

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Wheeee posted:

I'm not the biggest fan but this is too hosed up to contemplate.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can we get back to where somebody thinks 30 Days of Night is a good film?

Because that's the funniest thing I've read in weeks.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Marvel should sign Jim Carrey as Slapstick. Make that old man do physical comedy until his body breaks.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Rhyno posted:

Can we get back to where somebody thinks 30 Days of Night is a good film?

Because that's the funniest thing I've read in weeks.

I SAID I hadn't seen it since the theater!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wheeee posted:

They thought about having him voice Rocket Raccoon.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
He was too busy voicing Dracula, because someone thought that was a good idea.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

I'm just waiting for the MCU to introduce Amadeus Cho, the Asian American teenage superhero whose power is literally "really good at math".

Don't worry, that's sounds like the perfect role for Jackson Rathbone. He's even got extensive experience for the part from 6 years ago.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Jim Carrey for Impossible Man, which is just The Mask but he can turn into a space ship

Bob Quixote
Jul 7, 2006

This post has been inspected and certified by the Dino-Sorcerer

Grimey Drawer

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

I think he's also a Hulk now too.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Actually, Adam Sandler is busy with his Netflix deal right now.

Marvel should turn over a movie IP to the guys making the Daredevil series.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Well, not the people who made season 2

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I appreciate Spider-Man sounding like a sixteen year old dweeb.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Adam Sandler as Adam Warlock

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Burkion posted:

Like what war did the Punisher serve in? Vietraq

Eh, the Daredevil series explicitly put Frank Castle in his thirties and a veteran of Afghanistan and Iraq.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Cythereal posted:

Eh, the Daredevil series explicitly put Frank Castle in his thirties and a veteran of Afghanistan and Iraq.

Sadly, a War On Terror vet seems way more appropriate than a Vietnam War vet ever was for The Punisher.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

And best friends with Hercules

That run rules so much

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Sadly, a War On Terror vet seems way more appropriate than a Vietnam War vet ever was for The Punisher.

Maybe. One thing Ennis really did well was play up how whenever Frank fought other ex military he always had the edge because sure, those guys had training and went through hellish combat but it wasn't loving VIETNAM.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Maybe. One thing Ennis really did well was play up how whenever Frank fought other ex military he always had the edge because sure, those guys had training and went through hellish combat but it wasn't loving VIETNAM.

Few other people were insane enough to take four tours so he's like a veteran's veteran, at that.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cythereal posted:

I'm mostly talking about the comics, where Marvel has had a single continuity since the 1940s technically and are very very very vague about how it actually works.

When they don't just make it incomprehensible and throw in random poo poo or retcon major events

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Comic book continuity is loose and amorphous, as it must be. That is a good thing. The MCU continuity will undergo a similar transition eventually. We already have recasting.

brawleh
Feb 25, 2011

I figured out why the hippo did it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Gotta love Sicario.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Cardboard Box A posted:

Comic book continuity is loose and amorphous, as it must be. That is a good thing. The MCU continuity will undergo a similar transition eventually. We already have recasting.

They can do recasting within the marvel comic book rules as well - All the have to do is have a infinity gauntlet, a secret war or a scarlet witch to reshape reality and pow, you can explain why people are played by different actors. If they wanted to bring the X-men back into the fold, or the fantastic four, there are characters whose powers make those things possible.

I half expect the end of the infinity war to bring back the heroes that died a little 'different' to what they were before, giving Robert Downey junior and co an out of the franchise.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ricahrd E Grant playing a mad scientist in Wolverine 3.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wolverine-3-finds-mad-scientist-888038

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Comic Book Movie Thread: Do you know ANYTHING about the history of Power Rangers?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
If they gently caress up the live action Street Sharks movie lord help me I will poo poo my pants with righteous fury

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TheFallenEvincar posted:

If they gently caress up the live action Street Sharks movie lord help me I will poo poo my pants with righteous fury

That would not be Jawsome.

evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf

Now we just need them to also cast Sandra Bernhard and we have the Hudson Hawk Sequel / X-Men Crossover. Hey, maybe Leonardo DaVinci's machine exploding didn't kill them, and instead made them both Mutants....

Get Bruce Willis back and we could have some duets with Jackman ("Would you like to swing on a star... SNIKT").

I'm telling you, it's the first $2 billion comic book movie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The trailer for the R-rated animated The Killing Joke movie:

https://www.superherohype.com/news/372523-batman-killing-joke-trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The MSJ posted:

The trailer for the R-rated animated The Killing Joke movie:

https://www.superherohype.com/news/372523-batman-killing-joke-trailer