Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

e_angst posted:

Okay, panicked a bit in in the PA MOV market, sold NO at a small loss, and now I'm buying YES. Probably should have held on for a swing to go higher, but I was paranoid that it was just going to drop further.

My skittishness has managed to turn $190 into $172 so far today.

Okay, never mind buying the YES. Those exit poll figures (especially with <70% white Democratic turnout and >70% saying this primary "energized" the party) have me back on the NO train.

EDIT: I'm basically riding the waves in the wrong direction. Now my $190 is $163.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Remember exit polls are not necessarily indicative or close to final results!!!!

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

C7ty1 posted:

Remember exit polls are not necessarily indicative or close to final results!!!!

So much this. Exit polls have been terrible this year (because they're always terrible). That said, as long as it gets close enough to sway the market a bit you could dump favorably.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

e_angst posted:

Okay, never mind buying the YES. Those exit poll figures (especially with <70% white Democratic turnout and >70% saying this primary "energized" the party) have me back on the NO train.

EDIT: I'm basically riding the waves in the wrong direction. Now my $190 is $163.

The exit poll specifics are:

ENERGIZED PARTY YES:

Clinton Supporters 82% Sanders Supporters 58%

DIVIDED PARTY YES

Clinton Supports 12% Sanders Supporters 37%

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

a cop posted:

The exit poll specifics are:

ENERGIZED PARTY YES:

Clinton Supporters 82% Sanders Supporters 58%

DIVIDED PARTY YES

Clinton Supports 12% Sanders Supporters 37%

Saw that, and saw the very low youth turnout. I guess I'm on the YES train after all.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I'm riding until the end with my Rhode Island Bernie shares too but then again I only got a hundred of them.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

EngineerSean posted:

I'm riding until the end with my Rhode Island Bernie shares too but then again I only got a hundred of them.

Same, but I'm in on Bernie NO. Which, by the way, I only bought because of

Aliquid posted:

Bernie NO in RI available at .35 which is absurd.

So thanks!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Joe Man posted:

Fuuuuck, NY must've decimated voter morale then (including mine). Here's what I got going on:

All I want is 2 states out of 5 and I'll be happy enough to just put a largish dent in my dumbass NY loss.

The CT and RI bets are fine. The others are probably worth about a penny each.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Seriously, Maryland? Might as well be the deep south for how Sanders is going to do there.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Culled from the RI comments; I love this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHS-K7OuLAc

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Trump landslide market is murdering me. C'mon you slimy fucks keep him at 49% SOMEWHERE!

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

The Trump landslide market is murdering me. C'mon you slimy fucks keep him at 49% SOMEWHERE!

Conservatives Under Cruz & Kasich strikes again (or rather, doesn't!)

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

The Joe Man posted:

Fuuuuck, NY must've decimated voter morale then (including mine). Here's what I got going on:

All I want is 2 states out of 5 and I'll be happy enough to just put a largish dent in my dumbass NY loss.

lol what the gently caress is wrong with you

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Connecticut exits look close, that guy might yet pull off a win!

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
meh maybe

I am severely underwater in Trump landslide. I tend to believe theres some irrational exuberance going on as the comment section is feeding off each other. I think MD might stay below 50 but ugh this is my only loser right now.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone else bought up Trump nomination related stuff (delegate count, RNOM, brokered convention NO)? I bought a few earlier, expecting a big swing toward trump locking it up after he wins all 5 states today. Will probably just sell them at the high.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

JosefStalinator posted:

Has anyone else bought up Trump nomination related stuff (delegate count, RNOM, brokered convention NO)? I bought a few earlier, expecting a big swing toward trump locking it up after he wins all 5 states today. Will probably just sell them at the high.

Same thought here. Maxxed in brokered NO and Trump RNOM YES, and heavy in delegate count bracket 1. Platying the long game in RNOM, but brokered no and delegate count will all pop a bit later tonight.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

JosefStalinator posted:

slightly different, but I've got orders in on trump NOs in NE and IN at very low prices - both are collapsing right now.

I think trump is very likely to win IN, but not at sub-25c (not there yet, but getting close). I can't imagine any way he takes NE, but I'm already way down on buys in the 70s and low 80s, so maybe I'm the crazy one

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

watwat posted:

Maxxed in brokered NO

I'm really just not comfortable enough with how the rules are stated to stay in this market, though I have rode the swings a few times.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/wamu885news/status/725108325705224192

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
If you have Trump No on him getting 50+ in all five states, I suggest cutting your losses.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Oh god I'm away from home, what flipped Rhode island dem? Result disparity and what %?

Trash Trick has issued a correction as of 01:20 on Apr 27, 2016

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

a cop posted:

Oh god I'm away from home, what flipped Rhode island dem? Result disparity and what %?

currently bernie 56/42 with 3% in. Providence hasnt reported yet.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx
Whew. Got on the right side (so far) of the PA MOV market. Made back everything I lost, took that money out of the market, and now I'm playing with pure profit.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
CT just went rear end over tea kettle because of the Upshot projections. They look hosed though

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...pe=sectionfront

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Bernie briefly up in PA, let chaos reign :allears:

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

My Trump 50% 5 state sweep NO.

:negative:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

joe man..........

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

a cop posted:

joe man..........

:dukedog:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

get out with your profits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

a cop posted:

get out with your profits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agreed with this (except in Rhode Island), but a great run nonetheless

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
alright now I sold my Rhode Island shares at 95 good day everyone

edit: couldn't resist, jumped into Conneticut at .22, go Bernie

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Lasted about a year on this site, that was fun.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Penn looking like it might be close if Philly results so far represent Philly generally.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Vox Nihili posted:

Penn looking like it might be close if Philly results so far represent Philly generally.

CNN has already called it for Hillary but I just bought 100 shares at $0.01 based solely on this post.

edit: lol you meant MOV, well at least I sold them for what I bought them for

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
What's the deal with RI is there any hope in buying .10 hillary shares?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Aliquid posted:

Lasted about a year on this site, that was fun.

What happened..?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a cop posted:

What happened..?

Bernie Sanders.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

a cop posted:

What happened..?

Donald Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

EngineerSean posted:

CNN has already called it for Hillary but I just bought 100 shares at $0.01 based solely on this post.

edit: lol you meant MOV, well at least I sold them for what I bought them for

Sorry, yeah I meant MOV, Hillary is clearly up overall.

• Locked thread