Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Anal-ystis

KomradeX fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

Honestly, I doubt Obama would have really done anything different if he had won in 08. When you get down to it he would have gotten us stuck in the war with Iran, same as president McCain. Thankfully that quagmire has forced the Democratic party to the left, and this year we've got a true progressive running in Hillary Clinton. Accelerationism worked!

Yeah, it's not like Obama could have had a hope of re-election in 2012 with Iran's nuclear threats and Kim Jong Un still in power in Korea. The Republicans would have beat him to death with that.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

Yeah, it's not like Obama could have had a hope of re-election in 2012 with Iran's nuclear threats and Kim Jong Un still in power in Korea. The Republicans would have beat him to death with that.

Don't forget the whole Benghazi thing that happened a month before the election!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is calm primary talk permitted in the thread tonight?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

finally her campaign is realizing how to connect with the youth

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anal certainly is.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

its when you stick it in da butt

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Careful, USPol as a whole isn't able to handle it without devolving into frothing madness. The line between 'calm' and 'half the thread is probated' is like two Amergin posts. Better to avoid.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why don't you go for a stroll and let us know.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Zeroisanumber posted:

Anal certainly is.

:golfclap:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

KomradeX posted:

Anal-ystis

Yes, and you almost got arrested for those business cards.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

site posted:

or as we call it in america, "robocoping"

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

site posted:

Tempest_56 posted:

Careful, USPol as a whole isn't able to handle it without devolving into frothing madness. The line between 'calm' and 'half the thread is probated' is like two Amergin posts. Better to avoid.

I think I sense a Santorum surge coming on...

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
This thread could really use 300 more pages of slapfight over BLM protest tactics.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

This thread could really use 300 more pages of slapfight over BLM protest tactics.

Nah we are talking a 30 day break.

But children are not ending their reign of terror.

Fox News posted:

MILWAUKEE – Authorities say a 26-year-old woman driving in Milwaukee was shot to death when a child in the back seat got hold of a gun.

The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office says the woman was struck once in the back as she drove south on U.S. 41/Highway 175 around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.

When deputies arrived, the woman had no pulse and was not breathing. Officers tried to revive her but she was pronounced dead at the scene.

A sheriff's spokeswoman tells the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (http://bit.ly/1qQw76A ) that detectives were interviewing witnesses. The age and gender of the child were not released.

The spokeswoman did not know the relationship between the woman and the child, what type of weapon was used or how the child managed to get a gun and fire it.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/26/driver-fatally-shot-by-child-in-back-seat-in-milwaukee.html

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I'm sure we'll get a reprise in May.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Nah we are talking a 30 day break.

But children are not ending their reign of terror.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/26/driver-fatally-shot-by-child-in-back-seat-in-milwaukee.html

The only solution to bad infants with guns is good infants with guns.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

VirtualStranger posted:

"Regressive left" is just the new iteration of "Social Justice Warrior" or "PC Police" that 14-year-old 4channers and Redditors use whenever a leftist hurts their fragile suburban white boy feelings.

in all seriousness though, the whole tumblr scene can actually be very dangerous. there's a difference between, say, celebrating a trans woman and finding a community where things like "headmates" and crippling anxiety about being called the right made-up pronoun are not only accepted, but openly encouraged

there's people in those communities that need legitimate psychological help and its incredibly toxic and in some cases, like with eating disorders, a health issue

i suppose that's more of a critique of internet culture than tumblr itself, fwiw

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

"calm primary chat", especially from you, is always "look at how great hillary is doing" and doesn't really add to the conversation. literally all of the slapfights start itt because of a bunch of "hey look at good hillary is doing that'll show those idiot bernouts :smug:" for half a page or so until some bernie supporter posts a thing and everything goes downhill almost immediately from there

edit: you aren't the only one who does this, btw. just stick to YCS it isnt hard

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

That over permissiveness isn't just restricted to Internet communities.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yes it is a problem of liberal society in general - but enforcing 'correct' thoughts and values is a whole other can of worms.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

The NYTimes' Mark Landler had a great interview yesterday on Fresh Air about Hillary's tenure as Secretary of State that was really interesting. No one (including Obama) comes out looking universally bad or good either, and it's a great review of all the ins and outs of Obama's and Hillary's post-2008 work.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

that's true but tumblr is the real instance of it being easily accessible to millions of people all on a single site. i'm not arguing that tumblr itself is bad, but there's a kernel of truth in the whole SJW thing. its mostly just slapfighting between angsty teens and racists but an easily-accessible place that encourages people to avoid therapy for things like undiagnosed schizophrenia and binge eating disorder cloaked as "headmates", "otherkin", or "fat acceptance" isn't safe or healthy and causes people to hide illnesses that are underreported as it is.

i'm currently taking a course on psychopathology and the effect is noticeable enough that psychologists are starting to study online communities like tumblr

edit: 99.9% of the tumblr criticism is a bunch of angsty 20-something white guys who can't get laid whining about it though

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

Don't worry, it's over. Amergin won and black people don't get to argue any more.

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

Combed Thunderclap posted:

The NYTimes' Mark Landler had a great interview yesterday on Fresh Air about Hillary's tenure as Secretary of State that was really interesting. No one (including Obama) comes out looking universally bad or good either, and it's a great review of all the ins and outs of Obama's and Hillary's post-2008 work.

This is an interesting piece.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
So...can someone remind me again why Clinton is a sure win in the general against Trump when his vote rose above 50% for the first time in some states tonight?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

CelestialScribe posted:

So...can someone remind me again why Clinton is a sure win in the general against Trump when his vote rose above 50% for the first time in some states tonight?

No, we can't.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

CelestialScribe posted:

have you considered asking the "Your Candidate Sucks" subforum?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

hangedman1984 posted:

Police unions sold out the labor movement to become the jackbooted thugs of the establishment

Is there anything more on this idea someone can point me to?

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
to answer amergin's poor-quality trolling: the primarying of Anita Alvarez and her subsequent resignation are signs that BLM wields immediate, real political power.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

there wolf posted:

Is there anything more on this idea someone can point me to?

The left wing perspective on this topic from Jacobin was good.

Edited to add: took a minute to find but here is Sarah Jaffe in Truth-Out on tensions inside the AFL-CIO regarding its relationship to police unions.

GalacticAcid fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 27, 2016

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

CelestialScribe posted:

She'll laugh at his tiny dick.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

CelestialScribe posted:

3 words: 50% of Republicans

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

ComradeCosmobot posted:

3 words: 50% of Republicans

...who are sufficiently nuts about politics to vote in primaries, too.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Weiner looks like it's going to be brilliant. He's already one of the most entertaining guys to watch in real time, it must be excruciating deciding what to leave out in editing.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

CelestialScribe posted:

You really really want to be the Arzy of 2016, don't you?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

CelestialScribe posted:

Nope we can't. Everything is awful commence the wailing and teeth-gnashing.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

CelestialScribe posted:

I suggest whiskey sours.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

CelestialScribe posted:

We cannot. Trump will continue to rise in the ranks accumulating support without ceasing and more and more people will come to believe he is the one true candidate and even Hillary will realize the errors of her ways and endorse Trump.

Hail Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Fiction posted:

to answer amergin's poor-quality trolling: the primarying of Anita Alvarez and her subsequent resignation are signs that BLM wields immediate, real political power.

This is the kind of stuff I was asking for, thanks!

Minor correction, though: she didn't resign (and actively refused to), but she did lose the primary to Kim Foxx.

• Locked thread