Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
What do I level after I get 27 Vig and 40/40 Str/Dex? Pump the rest into End or continue on until I hit the hard(er) caps at 50/60/60?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

DS1: Hmm.. Looks like my Opponent is wearing giant stone goat hoofs, and a torn up paper bag for a shirt. Also, the shield on his back seems to have four.. no, five stink lines. So that's 21... 27... carry the 1.. 25.3... 25.6... Ah. Looks like my weapon is completely useless against him.

DS3: Just dont get hit nigga. Roll away nigga

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

RatHat posted:

Pro-tip: It does not matter what other people think. If you find a game fun then play it.

Nah and reported for trolling. It's all about the I don't even what. I reckon that the ones complaining fall 100% in the category of the ones using CE to own noobs. How can there be any e-cred about this game when you watch a dude invade you with constant iframes. I now play offline. If I get embered I commit suicide.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Asehujiko posted:

What do I level after I get 27 Vig and 40/40 Str/Dex? Pump the rest into End or continue on until I hit the hard(er) caps at 50/60/60?

Any magic you want for utility and fun perhaps? I always like to have Chameleon

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

I was just summoned for the Pontiff fight, and two players were marked as Host of Embers. They both had human appearances, too. If this one of the effects of that one ring?

Also, one of the two hosts was not animated, and neither was Pontiff, but that seems to be par for the course.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

MrLonghair posted:

1.06 regulation patch detailed, Blue Sentinels and Darkmoon level-matching width adjustments so that more action happens, performce adjustment of daggers twinswords and sorceries (it's all about scaling from, fix that), modifications of balance, error fixes. Not jack about poise.

Good job posting a link to something that literally doesn't even appear on Google at all

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

I AM BRAWW posted:

[retard fail:] mm yes .. u see.. demon's souls was better because of thee... character and world tendency, farming for healing items, having to go back and forth between worlds/areas to unlock the next area, the best(:D)weapon upgrade system clearly, OLD MONK FTW!! wrath of god sooo epic., uuhuu m'yes.

Demon's Souls was the superior game because it wasn't popular. The kind of people that define the fanbase now make me want to claim I never played any souls game in my life. The popularity spike of DS1 was by far the worst thing that ever happened to the series.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Demon's Souls was the superior game because it wasn't popular. The kind of people that define the fanbase now make me want to claim I never played any souls game in my life. The popularity spike of DS1 was by far the worst thing that ever happened to the series.

lmao 'casuals :cry:'

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

Any magic you want for utility and fun perhaps? I always like to have Chameleon
Unless magic turns out to be super good in NG+/NG++ ring collectathons, not really, I'm already done with the rest on this character.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
http://www.darksouls.jp/information.html regulation 1.06 info

sweet google translate action:

code:
We received your patronage the From Software than daily Thank you very much.

DARK SOULS Ⅲ Niokimashite (PlayStation4 / Xbox One / Windows),
    We are planning the delivery of a new regulation ver1.06 to adjust the game balance.

[Date]
        2016 April 28 (Thursday) delivery schedule
    [Platforms]
        PlayStation4, Xbox One, Windows
    [Items that are the main modifications and adjustment]

Pledge "sword of Kratky", adjust the matching level width of the "blue of the guardian"
            Adjust the performance of the "dagger" category
            Performance adjustment of the "double-sword" category
            Adjust the performance of the "magic" category
            Other modifications of some of the balance adjustment and the failure phenomenon

After this latest regulation applies, each version representation of the title upper left corner of the screen will be as follows.
    App Ver 1.04
    Regulation Ver 1.06

To everyone we apologize for the inconvenience, thank you kindly about your note.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Good job posting a link to something that literally doesn't even appear on Google at all

It's because http://www.darksouls.jp/information.html isn't very useful being Japanese only

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

DS1: Hmm.. Looks like my Opponent is wearing giant stone goat hoofs, and a torn up paper bag for a shirt. Also, the shield on his back seems to have four.. no, five stink lines. So that's 21... 27... carry the 1.. 25.3... 25.6... Ah. Looks like my weapon is completely useless against him.

It's pretty funny to think PvP in DS1 turns into a montage from Numb3rs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VC2PfvfQYQ&t=38s

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Well finally got around to finishing the game, the final boss was kind of a let down coming from the Nameless King, downed it in one try with 4 estus left. It never changed attack types either so I was just rolling through relatively slow sword swings the whole first half, and it kind of just kept doing that in the second half other than knocking me in the air once for about 2/5ths of my hp.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I'm glad that everyone found the dancer so goddamned easy, a boss I made like eleven attempts on.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!
Finally trying out serious PvP for once and man, fight club action after the Pontif is pretty darn fun :toot:

Turns out not a lot of people expect someone using a longsword to not R1 spam.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

all soulsborne games are good, thanks for listening

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

net cafe scandal posted:

Pretty much this!

Dark Souls 1 Poise: The game of finding out the heaviest pair of pants you could wear with your lovely cloth chestpiece to stay under fastroll weight but still be able to poise through greatsword hits.

It ranks up there with Adaptability in terrible design.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Did some experiments, getting enemies to fight other enemies. It was kind of fun.

Crucifixition Victim vs. Mimic : They fought Victim won, kicked the mimic's rear end
Victim vs. Baby monsters : hahahaha what the gently caress do you think happened
Victim vs. Black Knight : They did not fight
Victim vs. Dark Wraiths : Wraiths won, but it was close. Probably could go either way

Mimic vs. Hand Hippo : They did not fight

Black Knight vs. Dark Wraiths : Knight won, easily. Absolutely destroyed them.
Knight vs. Ghrus : They did not fight

Wraiths vs. Crow-men : holy poo poo it was a slaughter, those poor birds they stood no chance

Black Knight vs. Victim vs. Crab : They did not fight :saddowns:

Anyone got any suggestions? I also want to get the Victim in the dungeons to fight the gargoyle on the bridge to the Capital

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

lmao 'casuals :cry:'

I get triggered when I see someone land a guard break and proceed to spam r1 through it instead of riposting. It's like some people really are hollows, IRL (in real life) for real hollow, they see the screen but they dont comprehend what's happening, operating on pure impulse to mash the r1 button uncontrollably, but no soul inside.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Kanos posted:

Dark Souls 1 Poise: The game of finding out the heaviest pair of pants you could wear with your lovely cloth chestpiece to stay under fastroll weight but still be able to poise through greatsword hits.

It ranks up there with Adaptability in terrible design.

:eyepop:

I didn't think Poise was THAT bad.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I get triggered when I see someone land a guard break and proceed to spam r1 through it instead of riposting. It's like some people really are hollows, IRL (in real life) for real hollow, they see the screen but they dont comprehend what's happening, operating on pure impulse to mash the r1 button uncontrollably, but no soul inside.

Sometimes you mash r1 trying to reposte but you're not technically in the reposte zone or were moving or whatever and you whiff that poo poo so you just keep spamming r1 like in every other instance.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Mazerunner posted:

I also want to get the Victim in the dungeons to fight the gargoyle on the bridge to the Capital

Results : Double KO!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

the fact is that the deadliest things in the game aren't bosses or minibosses or even players. its loving rats and dogs because you can't get an attack off and they show up in packs.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Speaking of Crucifixion Boys, I let out Dungeon Jesus to clean house on the Jailers. He killed 5 of the 6 but the sixth one branded his rear end to death and then "Haters Gonna Hate" walked around the little tower thing alone until I put some Chaos Fire Orb in his pantaloons. I couldn't tell if their HP drain worked on him or not though because I think the visible health bar stays proportioned to a fixed width.

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!
Whelp, that didn't take long. Got summoned in for a fight and was immediately bumrushed by the host and two phantoms.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Golden Goat posted:

:eyepop:

I didn't think Poise was THAT bad.

It was the exact same concept, which was a tax on your character to achieve a minimum level of competence at a "metagame" thing that isn't immediately apparent or sensical without extensive testing or datamining: iframes on rolling/estus chug speed for agility vs super armor durability for DS1 poise. There was an "optimal" poise level just like there was an "optimal" agility level. The main difference between the two was that poise taxed your equip weight(which could have knock-on effects re: your build) whereas agility taxed your stats directly.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

Anyone got any suggestions? I also want to get the Victim in the dungeons to fight the gargoyle on the bridge to the Capital

I'm a fan of making the mimic in the Catacombs fight the flame demon. It's usually a pretty good fight.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Kild posted:

the fact is that the deadliest things in the game aren't bosses or minibosses or even players. its loving rats and dogs because you can't get an attack off and they show up in packs.

Not in my experience. If you're having trouble managing large groups of weak enemies, I suggest trying a shield

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

net cafe scandal posted:

Not in my experience. If you're having trouble managing large groups of weak enemies, I suggest trying a shield

Edgy nigga right here

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bewilderment posted:

People in this thread were talking about Pontiff Sulyvahn as if he's a super hard Artorias-like boss but he's actually super easy most of the time? I beat him solo and unembered on my second try.

1. Equip good shield with 100% phys resist and decent fire resist. I picked up a Lothric Knight Shield and upgraded it to +3 for kicks, but anything will probably do.
2. Buff your weapon if you feel like it.
3. Run towards him. Block or dodge out of the way of his first attack and don't get hit by it like I did both times.
4. Keep your shield up and circle around him anticlockwise like you're playing Dark Souls 1. Take minor chip damage from fire.
5. Hit him once or twice after he swings.
6. Run away a little bit when he's doing his phase two transformation.
7. When he starts summoning a phantom, mash R1 on him.
Repeat steps 4 and 5, and 7 as appropriate, until you win.

That's it, that's all it takes.
I keep trying to sunbro for him and running into hosts summoning three phantoms, which on PS4 is awful because the particle effects everywhere means that everyone gets slowdown and gets taken out and Sully ends up with a ridiculous amount of health. He's literally easier either solo or with a single ally.

shields should only be used for parrying not for blocking...

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

bewilderment posted:

People in this thread were talking about Pontiff Sulyvahn as if he's a super hard Artorias-like boss but he's actually super easy most of the time? I beat him solo and unembered on my second try.

1. Equip good shield with 100% phys resist and decent fire resist. I picked up a Lothric Knight Shield and upgraded it to +3 for kicks, but anything will probably do.
2. Buff your weapon if you feel like it.
3. Run towards him. Block or dodge out of the way of his first attack and don't get hit by it like I did both times.
4. Keep your shield up and circle around him anticlockwise like you're playing Dark Souls 1. Take minor chip damage from fire.
5. Hit him once or twice after he swings.
6. Run away a little bit when he's doing his phase two transformation.
7. When he starts summoning a phantom, mash R1 on him.
Repeat steps 4 and 5, and 7 as appropriate, until you win.

That's it, that's all it takes.
I keep trying to sunbro for him and running into hosts summoning three phantoms, which on PS4 is awful because the particle effects everywhere means that everyone gets slowdown and gets taken out and Sully ends up with a ridiculous amount of health. He's literally easier either solo or with a single ally.

Using a shield smdh

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

who does some easy mode poo poo like that?

like for real you suggest using the thing that gives you 100% poise as long as you have stamina instead of just using poise lmao

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I don't know why people are having trouble with fight X, just dodge the attacks???????!!!???

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Kild posted:

who does some easy mode poo poo like that?

*image of you appears on Jumbotron*

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

*image of you appears on Jumbotron*

since when can the jumbotron reach my basement??

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
This thread is literally indistinguishable from gamefaqs forums. Let that sink in.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Kild posted:

since when can the jumbotron reach my basement??

You can never escape the jumbotron man

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ilustforponydeath posted:

This thread is literally indistinguishable from gamefaqs forums. Let that sink in.

Yeah SA has never had a complete mess of a thread until Dark Souls 3
*shoves Fallout 4 thread under a rug*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Any game with spergy sperg sperg appeal is going to have a bad thread.

So most of them