Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

DigitalDud posted:

So I was flying around in a travel-fit interceptor going from gate to gate and somehow managed to die to a gate camp who locked and tackled me before I warped.

This is with a sub-2 second align time. Everyone says these fits are uncatchable but are they really? I don't think I fat fingered the wrong button this time so trying to work out what happened.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53571905/

that gatecamp has been pretty decent over the past 2 weeks at catching insta-warp ceptors, I think it's remote sebo's and the daredevil pilot, do you remember who got initial point on you first?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Otacon posted:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53571905/

that gatecamp has been pretty decent over the past 2 weeks at catching insta-warp ceptors, I think it's remote sebo's and the daredevil pilot, do you remember who got initial point on you first?

It'd be the svipul.

DigitalDud
Sep 6, 2005

Otacon posted:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53571905/

that gatecamp has been pretty decent over the past 2 weeks at catching insta-warp ceptors, I think it's remote sebo's and the daredevil pilot, do you remember who got initial point on you first?

Not sure but my hunch is it's this guy https://zkillboard.com/kill/53429783/.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

CommonShore posted:

It'd be the svipul.

All the svipul losses have at most 1 sebo, so I wasn't expecting that

DigitalDud posted:

Not sure but my hunch is it's this guy https://zkillboard.com/kill/53429783/.

now that definitely looks like the culprit, as does https://zkillboard.com/kill/48306687/

Otacon fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 27, 2016

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Otacon posted:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53571905/

that gatecamp has been pretty decent over the past 2 weeks at catching insta-warp ceptors, I think it's remote sebo's and the daredevil pilot, do you remember who got initial point on you first?

yeah, thats the guys that generally kill dudes in doril. They were originally a morsus mihi splinter group years ago. If you ever jump into a system with quantum link in system, just assume there is a cloaked sabre ready to decloak and bubble as soon as you try to warp off. They are also very good at decloaking.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 27, 2016

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Otacon posted:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53571905/

that gatecamp has been pretty decent over the past 2 weeks at catching insta-warp ceptors, I think it's remote sebo's and the daredevil pilot, do you remember who got initial point on you first?

Thats not the Test dread cache.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

Xenothral posted:

Yeah! The Skiff is actually bait fit, too.

With the invulns running it has somewhere around 65,000 EHP. :toot:

Don't even want to know how many nights you've ruined for unsuspecting gankers with that poo poo.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Butt Discussin posted:

If you have a really bad ping to the server and the instalocker has a really good ping (lives in London), that can happen occasionally, I think.

This happened to me the night before Phoebe, and I was in an alpha clone because I'm bad at eve. Lost JFC V.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
2-second align isn't a red line, it's a gray area, depending on your geographical location. They'v been catching 4 istab claws, that should align in 1.6s. I've run a few camps that got the lock on me but not the shot. It's always a remote sebo'd svipul trying to oneshot without bothering to tackle.

Georgik
Jun 20, 2011
Yep, all about that 2-second server tick and where you fall in it.

tempezt
Oct 28, 2011
yeah I have been watching to much youtube. here one I have found what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMgr_RXqBjY

tempezt
Oct 28, 2011
south park from youtube

tempezt fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 27, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
please dont poo poo up the chill thread with your lovely lovely lovely videos those go in the other thread, thank you

tempezt
Oct 28, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

please dont poo poo up the chill thread with your lovely lovely lovely videos those go in the other thread, thank you

noted

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Posting at least once in the chill thread, even though I really hate the whole fake online "just chill brah" crap. There, i'm done and out.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer
There was apparently a nice couple hundred man brawl in Tama just now.

I was not able to make it in time to catch some stragglers. :(

SO I started heading back home, then heard dreads were dropped to counter triage then counter dreads were dropped on the dreads.

I love this game sometimes. And no major super powers interfered. Looked like a fun little brawl.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53587505/

Here is an archon kill. I did not do a BR because i have no idea who was on which side. A bunch of third parties showed up too.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

please dont poo poo up the chill thread with your lovely lovely lovely videos those go in the other thread, thank you

Sir, please calm down.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I'm going to have to ask you to leave before we call security

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Would someone mind helping me out with a not total poo poo T1 Caracal fit for running L2s while I work on improving my missile and shield skills? I put this together as a passive tank RLML fit, it's about 3x the EHP of my cormorant with slightly improved DPS at about 2x the optimal range given my current crap skills. I'll work on getting the missile support skills up to 3 (they're 2s at the moment, confused as to why a starting Caldari character has almost no missile skills) and then fitting T2 shield mods, then heavies/HAMs and so on

After I did the Sisters of Eve arc I have enough rep to run L2s but I've hit a couple where my cormorant gets ripped up pretty quick.

[Caracal, L2 Caracal]
Ballistic Control System I
Ballistic Control System I
Damage Control I
Type-D Restrained Shield Power Relay

EM Ward Amplifier I
Kinetic Deflection Amplifier I
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Experimental SV-2000 Rapid Light Missile Launcher, Scourge Light Missile
Experimental SV-2000 Rapid Light Missile Launcher, Scourge Light Missile
Experimental SV-2000 Rapid Light Missile Launcher, Scourge Light Missile
Experimental SV-2000 Rapid Light Missile Launcher, Scourge Light Missile
Experimental SV-2000 Rapid Light Missile Launcher, Scourge Light Missile

Medium Bay Loading Accelerator I
Medium Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I

Warrior I x2

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:
That fit looks okay for what you want to do.

It's only temporary and L2s are pretty chill, so you should be ok tbh.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i dont think rapids are the right answer, dont most missions have a billion dudes to kill

Syndic Thrass

Wow