Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

DigitalDud posted:

So I was flying around in a travel-fit interceptor going from gate to gate and somehow managed to die to a gate camp who locked and tackled me before I warped.

This is with a sub-2 second align time. Everyone says these fits are uncatchable but are they really? I don't think I fat fingered the wrong button this time so trying to work out what happened.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53571905/

that gatecamp has been pretty decent over the past 2 weeks at catching insta-warp ceptors, I think it's remote sebo's and the daredevil pilot, do you remember who got initial point on you first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Otacon posted:

that gatecamp has been pretty decent over the past 2 weeks at catching insta-warp ceptors, I think it's remote sebo's and the daredevil pilot, do you remember who got initial point on you first?

It'd be the svipul.

DigitalDud
Sep 6, 2005

Otacon posted:

Not sure but my hunch is it's this guy https://zkillboard.com/kill/53429783/.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

CommonShore posted:

It'd be the svipul.

All the svipul losses have at most 1 sebo, so I wasn't expecting that

DigitalDud posted:

Not sure but my hunch is it's this guy https://zkillboard.com/kill/53429783/.

now that definitely looks like the culprit, as does https://zkillboard.com/kill/48306687/

Otacon fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 27, 2016

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Otacon posted:

yeah, thats the guys that generally kill dudes in doril. They were originally a morsus mihi splinter group years ago. If you ever jump into a system with quantum link in system, just assume there is a cloaked sabre ready to decloak and bubble as soon as you try to warp off. They are also very good at decloaking.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 27, 2016

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Otacon posted:

Thats not the Test dread cache.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

Xenothral posted:

Yeah! The Skiff is actually bait fit, too.

With the invulns running it has somewhere around 65,000 EHP. :toot:

Don't even want to know how many nights you've ruined for unsuspecting gankers with that poo poo.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Butt Discussin posted:

If you have a really bad ping to the server and the instalocker has a really good ping (lives in London), that can happen occasionally, I think.

This happened to me the night before Phoebe, and I was in an alpha clone because I'm bad at eve. Lost JFC V.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
2-second align isn't a red line, it's a gray area, depending on your geographical location. They'v been catching 4 istab claws, that should align in 1.6s. I've run a few camps that got the lock on me but not the shot. It's always a remote sebo'd svipul trying to oneshot without bothering to tackle.

Georgik
Jun 20, 2011
Yep, all about that 2-second server tick and where you fall in it.

tempezt
Oct 28, 2011
yeah I have been watching to much youtube. here one I have found what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMgr_RXqBjY

tempezt
Oct 28, 2011
south park from youtube

tempezt fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 27, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
please dont poo poo up the chill thread with your lovely lovely lovely videos those go in the other thread, thank you

tempezt
Oct 28, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

please dont poo poo up the chill thread with your lovely lovely lovely videos those go in the other thread, thank you

noted

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Posting at least once in the chill thread, even though I really hate the whole fake online "just chill brah" crap. There, i'm done and out.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer
There was apparently a nice couple hundred man brawl in Tama just now.

I was not able to make it in time to catch some stragglers. :(

SO I started heading back home, then heard dreads were dropped to counter triage then counter dreads were dropped on the dreads.

I love this game sometimes. And no major super powers interfered. Looked like a fun little brawl.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53587505/

Here is an archon kill. I did not do a BR because i have no idea who was on which side. A bunch of third parties showed up too.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Sir, please calm down.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I'm going to have to ask you to leave before we call security

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Would someone mind helping me out with a not total poo poo T1 Caracal fit for running L2s while I work on improving my missile and shield skills? I put this together as a passive tank RLML fit, it's about 3x the EHP of my cormorant with slightly improved DPS at about 2x the optimal range given my current crap skills. I'll work on getting the missile support skills up to 3 (they're 2s at the moment, confused as to why a starting Caldari character has almost no missile skills) and then fitting T2 shield mods, then heavies/HAMs and so on

After I did the Sisters of Eve arc I have enough rep to run L2s but I've hit a couple where my cormorant gets ripped up pretty quick.

[Caracal, L2 Caracal]
Ballistic Control System I
Ballistic Control System I
Damage Control I
Type-D Restrained Shield Power Relay

EM Ward Amplifier I
Kinetic Deflection Amplifier I
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Experimental SV-2000 Rapid Light Missile Launcher, Scourge Light Missile

Medium Bay Loading Accelerator I
Medium Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I

Warrior I x2

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:
That fit looks okay for what you want to do.

It's only temporary and L2s are pretty chill, so you should be ok tbh.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i dont think rapids are the right answer, dont most missions have a billion dudes to kill

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

quote:

Wow
Sent: 2016.04.15 16:56
To: Syndic Thrass,

Thank you so very much, I don't know what to say I'm just flabbergasted at how generous and lovely that is!

You are fantastic!

Thank you kindly,
VG

:3: :3: :3:

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

I would go for heavy missiles with the Caracal if you're using it for missions, just because of the monstrous reload time on rapid lights, but that's really the only change I'd make.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
OK. I was concerned heavies wouldn't be able to take out the frigates very well with my noob skills, hence rapid lights. I didn't realize they had a horrible reload time. Most of the missions I've run have been like 90 frigates and maybe a couple of cruisers.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Yeah I think the reload time on rapid lights are 35 seconds or something, whereas the non-rapid missile launchers are 5 or 10 seconds.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Xenothral posted:

I would go for heavy missiles with the Caracal if you're using it for missions, just because of the monstrous reload time on rapid lights, but that's really the only change I'd make.

Heavy missiles are so bad that I wouldn't be surprised if rapid light had better sustained dps on most things even counting the terrible reload.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Krogort posted:

Heavy missiles are so bad that I wouldn't be surprised if rapid light had better sustained dps on most things even counting the terrible reload.

Are they really that bad even for mission running now? I mean I knew they were pretty worthless in pvp, but they were at least okay when I was running missions.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

justsharkbait posted:

There was apparently a nice couple hundred man brawl in Tama just now.

I was not able to make it in time to catch some stragglers. :(

SO I started heading back home, then heard dreads were dropped to counter triage then counter dreads were dropped on the dreads.

I love this game sometimes. And no major super powers interfered. Looked like a fun little brawl.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53587505/

Here is an archon kill. I did not do a BR because i have no idea who was on which side. A bunch of third parties showed up too.

We got there literally seconds too late to get in on the fun :(
It was a serious mess but from what I heard it was everyone vs laserhawks and maybe Recognize (not sure about that but the cal/gal fleets shot that bhaal).

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Xenothral posted:

Are they really that bad even for mission running now? I mean I knew they were pretty worthless in pvp, but they were at least okay when I was running missions.

Maybe with applications rigs, target painter or guidance computer they are good, I just tried with a regular full damage mod Caracal.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

DigitalDud posted:

So I was flying around in a travel-fit interceptor going from gate to gate and somehow managed to die to a gate camp who locked and tackled me before I warped.

This is with a sub-2 second align time. Everyone says these fits are uncatchable but are they really? I don't think I fat fingered the wrong button this time so trying to work out what happened.

taht graphic is for meta stabs but still, your fit is very touch and go. what level SC do you have? also for a raptor with only 3 lows this is why i always use an agility rig

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've seen 4 istab claws get nailed, the 2 second red line is a myth, though your chances of getting caught in a 4 istab claw are pretty slim.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
Just slap shield extenders in the mids, 3 i-stab in lows, 1 warp stab if you have 1 slot left, fill rig slots with warp speed. The info graphic is incomplete, at least male and stiletto can get sub 2.0s align time, no idea why they are not listed there. Male is the best in my opinion, enough mid for smarty and arty tank, enough lows for either cargo expander or warp stab, highest init cargo hold, looks the best.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Altran posted:

Male is the best in my opinion

wow reported

missionchat posted:

RLMLs

Yeah maybe try HAMs on your caracal instead, and maybe a MWD so you can get in range in a reasonable amount of time.

Honestly I'm surprised that your destroyer couldn't hack it, I thought they could handle l1-3 just fine.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I'm struck by a sudden desire to go gently caress around with missions because apparently I hate myself and also it's not like I can AFKtar for cashmoney anymore

Is there still that lovely toxic cloud mission? God I lost so many caracals to that fucker.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

A kiting Talwar is the best ship for l2 missions.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Hey, how new is the "B-R was only won because of Russians" meme? I keep seeing it posted when discussions are had about the relative super fleet capabilities of both blocs, I was wondering if that's something people actually thing, or if it's your bog-standard r/eve revisionism

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Goatman Sacks posted:

Hey, how new is the "B-R was only won because of Russians" meme? I keep seeing it posted when discussions are had about the relative super fleet capabilities of both blocs, I was wondering if that's something people actually thing, or if it's your bog-standard r/eve revisionism

I think it's not entirely inaccurate - if the Russians hadn't held down the N3PL fleet initially we probably wouldn't have seen the bloodbath. I'd be curious to see how many supers from each bloc were there though, if anyone keeps a printout of the BR tacked on their cubicle wall or something.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

More N3 supers would have died if PL hadn't been at B-R.

Propaganda talk got me confused as to what thread I was in, again.

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 27, 2016

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Goatman Sacks posted:

It's completely accurate, since if the Russians weren't fighting N3PL we wouldn't have had any reason to be in the south at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Krogort posted:

heavy missiles have better dps on any BS sized hulls, but especially for pvp applications rapid lights are amazing, not taking into account reload times

• Locked thread