Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Im gonna pick guile and dynamic microcrouch towards my opponent all round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Too bad they removed post-game control. A slow crouchwalk over someone's face would be the ultimate teabag.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So I'm playing with the new hitbox I built and it's frustrating but my fingers keep going to the wrong places for my buttons. I know the solution is just to play a shittonne until I'm used to it, but drat if it isn't frustrating when I go to where I used to for EX punch and get a throw instead.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So I'm playing with the new hitbox I built and it's frustrating but my fingers keep going to the wrong places for my buttons. I know the solution is just to play a shittonne until I'm used to it, but drat if it isn't frustrating when I go to where I used to for EX punch and get a throw instead.

Why aren't they the same? What were you doing before? Keyboard?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Guile will be out on the 28th at 7PM Pacific time, per Combofiend.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
You know,

that guy who always just posts don't jump must have aneurysms in ranked if he plays.

Its literally nash's jumping endlessly over and over and over.

Anti air? lol if i jump this time, you can't do it again can you?

Win or lose it doesn't feel fun.

But thats ranked in every game ever in a nutshell.

sf5 ranked can be defined with dp, nash jump and jab.

Most importantly sf5 netcode. Where you hear and get the visual for a hit or block and the opposite happens when it happens twice in succession or a fire balls skips a few spaces and teleports.

I don't know how you guys have patience, well if any of you only play ranked. even 4 bars and up only was still poop.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 27, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SectumSempra posted:

You know,

that guy who always just posts don't jump must have aneurysms in ranked if he plays.

Its literally nash's jumping endlessly over and over and over.

Anti air? lol if i jump this time, you can't do it again can you?

Win or lose it doesn't feel fun.

But thats ranked in every game ever in a nutshell.

sf5 ranked can be defined with dp, nash jump and jab.

Most importantly sf5 netcode. Where you hear and get the visual for a hit or block and the opposite happens when it happens twice in succession or a fire balls skips a few spaces and teleports.

I don't know how you guys have patience, well if any of you only play ranked. even 4 bars and up only was still poop.

Stop jumping and yes I fuckin' hate ranked. Also there's a reason why I play Chun-li and it's literally st.LK.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Dias posted:

Stop jumping and yes I fuckin' hate ranked. Also there's a reason why I play Chun-li and it's literally st.LK.

What would you do if you were forced to play a character with no reliable anti air?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

A.o.D. posted:

What would you do if you were forced to play a character with no reliable anti air?

I wouldn't. I don't think I've every played someone in a ground-based fighter that doesn't have decent normal AAs and ways to avoid jump-ins. I like my simple options there and my stupid crazy mobility in airdashers - the funny thing is that because of that I'm always maining a female character, hehe.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Nash just stopped talking on my character select screen. I've verified the game cache through Steam and there are no problems detected, anyone know what's up?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

itskage posted:

Why aren't they the same? What were you doing before? Keyboard?

Yup

I used to have LP sat on my pinky finger and I moved it to my index finger instead. Also the layout is fairly different to what I'm used to anyway because the button spacings are different.

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

Haven't played in around a month (dark souls 3), and it's certainly feeling like the competition is a bit tougher. Way fewer opponents hanging out in the <500; way more near 1000. Watching the road to Evo series, which got me using Ryu again (over Ken). Getting a fair number of wins just by winning the wakeup, (basic m.P->m.P->h.P->h.K combo or throw) and also just beginning to vaguely recognize times to use various normals. Still hanging around 500 (definitely having some losses from CA punishes turning into shoryukens or being late or whatever), but beginning to feel like I'm actually playing against the players rather than the characters, which is cool.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Lhet posted:

Haven't played in around a month (dark souls 3), and it's certainly feeling like the competition is a bit tougher. Way fewer opponents hanging out in the <500; way more near 1000. Watching the road to Evo series, which got me using Ryu again (over Ken). Getting a fair number of wins just by winning the wakeup, (basic m.P->m.P->h.P->h.K combo or throw) and also just beginning to vaguely recognize times to use various normals. Still hanging around 500 (definitely having some losses from CA punishes turning into shoryukens or being late or whatever), but beginning to feel like I'm actually playing against the players rather than the characters, which is cool.

I'm legit happy to hear someone finding that series useful. :3: If you want, you can probably tweet at Brett (@ShaperofStories) if you have any specific questions.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Sarchasm posted:

Nash just stopped talking on my character select screen. I've verified the game cache through Steam and there are no problems detected, anyone know what's up?

Been like that since the Alex patch.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Any Birdie players wanna help me grind out the matchup? It is real hard for Cammy and I feel like I can only beat birdies that aren't great or don't know the matchup well enough that they aren't scared of Cammy

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Playing ranked or casual mostly gives me players still stuck in silver, lobbies still don't restrict by region / ping. I can't get any fun playing randoms any more and have to ask decent players for matches like I'm playing Melty Blood or something. Not good.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
Played some ranked for the first time in almost a month because of a move. Alex is still really fun, I haven't been keeping up on what people are learning with him but I press hella f.hp and never feel bad about it. That button does everything, its so dope. Really liking the ranked rematch option and people are usually good with it. There was a Rashid who beat me 2-0 before, later that night I was warmed up and he ran off after I dominated him for two rounds :smug:

Game still has too much lag. I think having to play it in a window this time added just enough extra lag to make it way more noticeable. Its such a huge bummer knowing I've reacted correctly and in time but get hit anyway, and it makes stuff like rashid ex spike near unblockable. I really wish this and the other technical issues got addressed, no amount of DLC is gonna make the game feel complete without that extra step.

Also there's like a billion stat things that don't do anything still, silly data numbers are fun and cool and I wanna see em just for curiosity's sake.

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
Did they ever fix the Alex bug where other characters would revert to ver 1.0 states or whatever?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Not yet.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
Its gonna own a lot when Guile has the exact same problem.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It's like version select in Ultra, if you want this patch you would favorite Alex, if you want the last patch you would fav Guile, if you want the next patch you pick anyone else

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

FordCQC posted:

Did they ever fix the Alex bug where other characters would revert to ver 1.0 states or whatever?

It's no longer a bug, it's now a feature.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!

Nodoze posted:

Any Birdie players wanna help me grind out the matchup? It is real hard for Cammy and I feel like I can only beat birdies that aren't great or don't know the matchup well enough that they aren't scared of Cammy

I may be online later if you want to play my "not great" Birdie. :airquote:

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfR751qNTCY

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Any other Birdie players on here who have some insight into the Dahlsim matchup? I'm really not sure what the game plan is.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/725490060787773440

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

https://twitter.com/SFVServer/status/725491006523592705

heh heh

heh

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

get hype for the april update...by not playing!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

Cammy

Bug: Cammy's S. HK's hit box is no longer active, she was throw invincible.

Fix: Added a throw box to Cammy's S. HK & Lift Combination while the move is active.

Bug: While Cammy's EX Razer Edge Slicer is active, she was throw invincible.

Fix: Added a throw box to Cammy's EX Razer Edge Slicer while it is active.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
absolite
afterter

They really need to spellcheck these things before posting them

e: Is it just me or are these notes exceptionally hard to parse

e2: I really like how they're finding all these bugs that just happen to affect balance. I'm glad they're sticking to their promise of not doing balance fixes until Capcom Cup though.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 28, 2016

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
The notes don't mention it, was the bug where having Alex as a favorite character reverts characters back to the last patch fixed?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

no cammy will only be cammy when she has no safe options at all and all her moves trade at best

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Serenade posted:

The notes don't mention it, was the bug where having Alex as a favorite character reverts characters back to the last patch fixed?

They haven't even acknowledged it afaik

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

bug - "we rushed the game and forgot to put throw boxes on a bunch of characters"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
oh

hey guys

could you, ahm, make it so that this game supports DirectInput as it should have from release date on PC?

no?

that's fine... :smith:

(I mean, you could at least acknowledge the issue, ArcSys is doing better community work for fuckin' MELTY "Been Dead For 10 Years" BLOOD)

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
So revalators closer.

When am I gonna see dizzy.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

oh

hey guys

could you, ahm, make it so that this game supports DirectInput as it should have from release date on PC?

no?

(I mean, you could at least acknowledge the issue, ArcSys is doing better community work for fuckin' MELTY "Been Dead For 10 Years" BLOOD)

No, this game will always be a technical shitpile

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Booyah- posted:

get hype for the april update...by not playing!

I've been doing that even when the game is up.

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

I really like how they're finding all these bugs that just happen to affect balance. I'm glad they're sticking to their promise of not doing balance fixes until Capcom Cup though.

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Dias posted:

oh

hey guys

no?

They said that they'll be adding DirectInput support and keyboard rebindings at a later date.
Though they have said an awful lot and did very little so far.