Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Spiros posted:

760 is a good card mate.

Not really, it was middle range two years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

qhat posted:

good thing the card doesnt really do much for source games, CPU will increase your FPS more then a fancy new graphics card will with csgo unless you have a really old graphics card, like 5+ years old

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

qhat posted:

I have a 470. Suck my dick Trump.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

qhat posted:

For modern gaming the 760 will run anything at a high fps rate. Yes, there are plenty of better cards, but most of those cards aren't useful since you won't experience below 144hz in most games with said 760. I run everything on ultra and never dip below 144 in any game with that card.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Anyway I think it's pretty clear that Valve's plan for the game is to continue putting out higher and higher definition content instead of just releasing a new game every so many years so upgrading at some point will become necessary. It's just a shame you can't go back and play the old game competitively like you can with 1.6 and source.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

qhat posted:

Anyway I think it's pretty clear that Valve's plan for the game is to continue putting out higher and higher definition content instead of just releasing a new game every so many years so upgrading at some point will become necessary. It's just a shame you can't go back and play the old game competitively like you can with 1.6 and source.

Not higher definition, just skinnier and smaller maps.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Not higher definition, just skinnier and smaller maps.

Eventually it'll go full circle and turn into a 1.6 carbon copy

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

qhat posted:

Eventually it'll go full circle and turn into a 1.6 carbon copy

The brightest of timelines.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I liked old nuke because it was a cool tactical map and playing CT was fun. It's a shame the whole game was extra CT sided due to OP M4A1-S and how smokes are, so people cried and they took it out of the pool. New nuke is OK too. Bit too cluttered and visually busy though for my tastes. Game has swung bigtime towards T side since they removed it anyway, probably would have been more balanced now.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Earlier today I met my first spinbotter in like a year on militia of all maps, he was even playing with a 5-stack. Weird.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I love the extra angles on new nuke outside, keeps it pretty entertaining instead of cookie cutter single holds.

Also +1 for never had an issue before with new nuke on my old 760.

Just make sure you upgraded to a 486, source is pretty cpu bound

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Alighieri posted:

good thing the card doesnt really do much for source games, CPU will increase your FPS more then a fancy new graphics card will with csgo unless you have a really old graphics card, like 5+ years old

yea the true problem with source is that it's very cpu dependent. EVEN THEN, it's such a disgusting abomination of tacked on code that even if you have a better cpu and card it might not do better than a middle range setup because god knows why. like a friend i know has a much better rig than me and i average better fps on nuke than him

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Xenaero posted:

Just make sure you upgraded to a 486, source is pretty cpu bound

:v:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Damnit still stuck with a 386sx here!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
chroma 3 case

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jesus Christ.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

symbolic posted:

Jesus Christ.

why are all the good skins p250 skins

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
I just got a 960, I hope cs works better now.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Depths posted:

No need to lie, youre among friends

No, like I had actual fun. I usually hate this dumb game but I hopped on, made some pubbies mad and killed a lot of dudes. I stopped playing for a while so they put me in silver (???) but it won't take long to be back at AK.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

symbolic posted:

Jesus Christ.

The asiimov guy is going to be a millionaire

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldlAsd-8UwE

is tyhe video quality improved? it looks a little better. I dont know what i did but it looks slightly better to my usual blurry poo poo.

question #2: did i out mindgame myself with the last guy? did I not wait out the death cam long enough with my fake retreat?? you dont really see it but i watched from his perspective and he chills cat for a moment then takes up that spot ramp and stares long

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

servers in chile!

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

Jesus Christ.

Black Tie XM reminds me how much I wish CS had more simplistic and classy skins, and less Ed Hardy garbage. :sigh:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

chroma 3 case

i saw you make a post on the csgo reddit

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

ArmZ posted:

servers in chile!

YES
YESSSSSS

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

trying to jack off posted:

i saw you make a post on the csgo reddit

ah a fellow redditor

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
oh cool now if you take ownership of a chicken itll display a message if someone kills it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Bizon in the collection is a Covert.

I don't know how to feel.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
i played an mm hoping to get a case drop but didnt work
im too tired to play anymore
last time i played immediately after shadow cases debuted and got one, but this is just not meant to be (unless they aren't dropping yet)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

ah a fellow redditor

reddit ftw

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

This is my internet.

Too bad it took a while for the screenshot to go off, would have been at 4600+

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Spiros posted:

For modern gaming the 760 will run anything at a high fps rate. Yes, there are plenty of better cards, but most of those cards aren't useful since you won't experience below 144hz in most games with said 760. I run everything on ultra and never dip below 144 in any game with that card.

I bought a 770 because a friend has the 760 and I just like rubbing his loving face in it.

Did they change something with the SG within the past 6 months? I started playing again a few weeks ago and it seems I don't pull off near the amount of absolute bullshit walking head taps I did before?

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Up Circle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldlAsd-8UwE

is tyhe video quality improved? it looks a little better. I dont know what i did but it looks slightly better to my usual blurry poo poo.

question #2: did i out mindgame myself with the last guy? did I not wait out the death cam long enough with my fake retreat?? you dont really see it but i watched from his perspective and he chills cat for a moment then takes up that spot ramp and stares long

when in a 1v1 (as a ct) and there's a long rotate, i usually just sit in the site i'm closest to because there's a 50/50 chance that someone is gonna try poo poo like this

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
It's easy to predict what a pubbie will do when he's confident, but a nervous one is always a wild card. At least that's what happened in Call of Duty. (Which is admittedly a better game in almost every way)

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
They'll freeze and follow you around or solo off and die

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
My new favorite PRO STRAT is to buy a P90 as CT on dust2 then rush mid and creep up ramp along the cat wall and ambush their long A push.

It's dumb, but I do it so infrequently that it usually works, and it's awesome and fun.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Loving Life Partner posted:

My new favorite PRO STRAT is to buy a P90 as CT on dust2 then rush mid and creep up ramp along the cat wall and ambush their long A push.

It's dumb, but I do it so infrequently that it usually works, and it's awesome and fun.

this except rush mid out window on mirage

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Loving Life Partner posted:

Kumbamontu posted:

this except rush mid out window on mirage

I sure hope the both of you are referring to Casual or low rank MM, because that idea will get your poo poo pushed in within a matter of seconds.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I sure hope the both of you are referring to Casual or low rank MM, because that idea will get your poo poo pushed in within a matter of seconds.

as long as I can beat the guy peeking on T it works like 75% of the time I try it at MG-MGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I don't think there's anything more CS than going into a gun round and watching that one guy break off and immediately go running through mid doors