Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno posted:

I'm too lazy to go through all the mage item changes coming up, does TF benefit from any of them?

I honestly think every AP champion will build this:

The combination of enhanced mobility + burst is just going to be too good until they nerf it dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

people are really overestimating how good the dash item is

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Radical posted:

people are really overestimating how good the dash item is

I don't know what the final numbers are, so sure they could make it like 40% efficient and it would be bad, but if it's at all efficient it will be very good.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Ty for the Warwick tips. As someone who likes to tunnel-vision low-health enemies, I'm going to try this guy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

I honestly think every AP champion will build this:

The combination of enhanced mobility + burst is just going to be too good until they nerf it dead.

This doesn't sound good on TF at all. The active portion at least. Unless the fireball range is pretty far. Like a 300 unit dash MIGHT be enough to save him but most of the time if you're out of position like that you'll probably just die. Especially since it can't hop terrain

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

its pretty easy to make it so the majority of the value is tied up in actually hitting the active's damage. it depends a lot on the items around it, right now people are buying a deathcap as their third item so the belt would be your second item assuming people still buy a mana/cdr item first. instead of getting a tumble and an active you can't make good use of on a lot of champs you could get the ice item or an abyssal or etc. maybe you see it a lot in full item builds along with an hourglass but you can't buy it and another hextech item so already anyone that wants one of those items earlier is locked out of getting another later on

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Kashuno posted:

This doesn't sound good on TF at all. The active portion at least. Unless the fireball range is pretty far. Like a 300 unit dash MIGHT be enough to save him but most of the time if you're out of position like that you'll probably just die. Especially since it can't hop terrain

Are you kidding? Unless the CD on it is extraordinarily long that thing is going to be awesome for TF where you are frequently totally unable to engage if you don't have ult and your ghost/heal is down.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

Are you kidding? Unless the CD on it is extraordinarily long that thing is going to be awesome for TF where you are frequently totally unable to engage if you don't have ult and your ghost/heal is down.

It's 40 seconds. The dash is cool, but tf isn't usually the one starting the engage. I can't see myself using it as anything other than an escape tool. I dunno maybe I'm undervaluing the dash since I haven't got to play with it yet

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

What are you doing on TF if you aren't chasing down someone out of position and hitting a gold card

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

What are you doing on TF if you aren't chasing down someone out of position and hitting a gold card

my favorite pastime is teleporting on top of a charging Sion Q

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

a medical mystery posted:

my favorite pastime is teleporting on top of a charging Sion Q

As a Nami main I start salivating when I see that little TF teleport ring of cards appear on the ground in range of my Q

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It is pretty delicious yes.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the rocket belt is only a 60 AP item and not that slot efficient, i think the idea is that if you buy it you will do less damage overall in exchange for the active. maybe certain bursty champs want it to ensure they can get their full combo off on their target, but on most mages i would rather stay ahead of the damage curve than have a vayne tumble every 40 seconds.

the other new hextech item looks stronger to me but i also haven't played midlane regularly since season 4 so i'm happy to be proven wrong

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

The hextech dash sash is around 106% gold efficient before the active so yes it will be good

Edit: okay that was back when it had 80 ap but still

d0grent fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 27, 2016

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Good on TF:

New Abyssal
New morellos
New zhonyas

I dont really know how the new RoA's health/mana conversion works in practice so it will be tough to say. I was never really a fan of RoA TF though.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

NTT posted:

This is why you're gold mikujin
But I'm not

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/client-update/article/07f898f6-30a7-4142-9633-6b5669bdd233

It's happening

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Fun trick: If you're purple top, you can kill one of the enemy's blue little minions pretty easily. This lets you get lvl 2 first in lane and also can screw up the enemy jungler's level-up and gank timings.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Ormi posted:

city good. cowlands bad

Not when your net just randomly goes to poo poo every now and then.

I'm supposed to be on the 60 Mb/s down plan.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

d0grent posted:

The hextech dash sash is around 106% gold efficient before the active so yes it will be good

Edit: okay that was back when it had 80 ap but still

Actually, does the belt work like flash or like a separate ability? By which I mean, can I use it mid-fizz E, or to extend a shen dash? If it can do that then it's a must-buy

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Tyty posted:

Not when your net just randomly goes to poo poo every now and then.

I'm supposed to be on the 60 Mb/s down plan.

There's a cool dude who configured an arduino board to tweet his ISP whenever his connection dropped below 10 Mbps (since he was a subscriber for 100 Mbps). It was laughable how often it tweeted and IIRC he ended up getting a big discount from theM because it highlighted their poo poo service. It was in the US somewhere.

What I'm saying is do this for Shaw because they suck hard (like most of Canada's ISPs).

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Another blue ribbon for Hecarim!

Turns out murder pony is still good. Why wasn't I informed?

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Adventures in leveling an account to boost my lovely bronze friends to the lofty heights of silver trip report:

I'm level 15 now and I'm running into more and more people that are releveling because their main account got banned for toxicity. They have not learned the error of their ways.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Yeah riot doesnt realise that dudes like tyler1 and even xj9 are going to keep making accounts. Tyler brags about having like 19 permas? Ranked might be less toxic but they are making the new player experience even worse cause it takes them forever to ban dudes. Not wanting to ban someone for having a bad day and blowing off steam in an anonymous environment is a good goal but their threshold for repeated toxicity is way too low. Which is odd cause they set the bar for being toxic very low but then take forever to do anything about it. Its so limp wristed.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Yeah riot doesnt realise that dudes like tyler1 and even xj9 are going to keep making accounts. Tyler brags about having like 19 permas? Ranked might be less toxic but they are making the new player experience even worse cause it takes them forever to ban dudes. Not wanting to ban someone for having a bad day and blowing off steam in an anonymous environment is a good goal but their threshold for repeated toxicity is way too low. Which is odd cause they set the bar for being toxic very low but then take forever to do anything about it. Its so limp wristed.

Some dude on Reddit suggested perma mutes instead of bans and that seems like a good idea imo

falconry
Oct 9, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

Some dude on Reddit suggested perma mutes instead of bans and that seems like a good idea imo

Doesn't quite stop someone from intentionally feeding or something but maybe having a perma mute come before a permaban I think could be good.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
imo: murder all smurfs and 2nd accounts

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Got a second account to level 30. Decided to try placements with just some tier 1 runes, and placed in Silver 3. Right now, the plan is to get to gold with the same runes.
The hardest part is having a really shallow champion pool.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Let us pay $100 to reset our ranked mmr, and if we haven't passed the old mmr in 50 games, riot lyte personally sends a hitman to your house

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
why

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://plays.tv/video/5721b7451eee6cad54/league-is-good?from=user

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
league...is good

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Know the feeling, just got smooshed in a normal by a tripple queue as Bard :( Thought I had a sweet tunnel in, Q for a finish off kill at their bot tri: nope Gragas is there. 5min later, same situation but this time I'ma gona just ignite and run out: Nope Gragas is there again.

Edit: Also had my Mid 0/5/1 Brand bitch in allchat that I'm playing support bard "With ignite and thunderlords, pretending to know what he's doing." While he complains it's not fair he is against a "easy to play" champ like Ahri.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Apr 28, 2016

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Safety Scissors posted:

I would have to completely disagree. My observation is that almost all champions fit into one of tow subgroups that have a very strong correlation between win rate and player experience.

The first subgroup is the "well rounded" champions that generally fit a logarithmic regression. The more you play these guys the higher the win rate.

The second subgroup is the "counterplayable" champions that generally fit a polynomial regression. These champions peak with moderate experience and fall off with heavy experience. This is most likely because they require specific options to be absent from the enemy team, riot talk "lack of counterplay," to do well, so picking them all the time is a bad idea.

As a data scientist, this seems like nonsense. BTW the biggest issue associated with making deep inferences into the winrate by experience data is (lack of) sample size. It's simply inadequate for most of the champion pool.

The Mash posted:

Did someone in this thread seriously post that he was Bronze 3 now so he's really improved quite a bit, honest. After more testing, I'm pretty sure Bronze 3 requires actual brain damage and/or massively impaired motor skills to achieve.

This is timely because I just finished getting my main account back into platinum and (deliberately) placed a smurf into bronze 2. It's sad to say but I've actually lost a game or two while trying. There are definitely a decent amount of smurfs down here (besides myself), and sometimes your teammates feed so aggressively in solo lanes that games can get completely out of control. Of course if you play a snowbally jungler or a toplaner that can split it's basically heaven on earth but playing ADC in bronze is one of the least fun things I've ever done.

Gridlocked posted:

While he complains it's not fair he is against a "easy to play" champ like Ahri.

In fairness, Ahri is a champion that does everything pretty well, has no real weaknesses, is pretty easy to play, and is allowed by Riot to stay at basically the top of the soloq winrate charts in perpetuity.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

NTT posted:

league...is good

hosed up if true

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I just realised that I haven't seen a Riven in ages.

Thank you God

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tonight while hopelessly stoned on my pain meds and with only about half the usual function of my right arm I rattled off a pair of S games in my placements with champs I have barely ever played. I could probably do this all of the time if I didn't get psyched out. So playing worse mechanically because of a hand/elbow injury and while stoned on pain meds, I still performed much better than I normally do because the mental part of this game isn't insignificant.

edit: It was Jhin and Veigar. Jhin may still be a little overtuned but Veigar isn't tearing things up to the best of my knowledge.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

Tonight while hopelessly stoned on my pain meds and with only about half the usual function of my right arm I rattled off a pair of S games in my placements with champs I have barely ever played. I could probably do this all of the time if I didn't get psyched out. So playing worse mechanically because of a hand/elbow injury and while stoned on pain meds, I still performed much better than I normally do because the mental part of this game isn't insignificant.

edit: It was Jhin and Veigar. Jhin may still be a little overtuned but Veigar isn't tearing things up to the best of my knowledge.

Veigar sucks right now, you're just a god when high.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
need to find the bottle of 60 codine i got when i had my wisdom teeth pulled and only took 10 out of to reexperience pain med league

in other news, kill all shaco players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

If we can use Dota as a similar example, this won't stop smurfs whatsoever.

• Locked thread