Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Newt Gingrich is the moral compass of the nation. Whatever he says, just do the exact opposite.

Speaking of which, let's see what America's Anti-Prognosticator Extraordinaire is up to.

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/725367727662182400

:doh:

He also said that a Cheney-Cotton ticket would be a dream team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Well the other option is that we actually jail people for corruption and we can't have that!

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
The NY voter issue (the Brooklyn one that people blew up about on my facebook, anyway) removed voter registrations in an area that favored Clinton more than NY as a whole, so it's very hard to believe it was somehow pro-Clinton. Not that it wasn't an issue.

The reddit SandersForPresident crowd claim literally everything is fraud up to and including "Bernie was leading with 30% reporting, now Clinton is leading with 80% reporting, fraud" and "nothing looks remotely suspicious about these results but I don't trust Hitlary so it must be fraud" but I would assume that reddit SandersForPresident is 75% Ron Paul supporters so :shrug:

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I'm fairly certain that whenever Bill Kristol claims X is a good idea he actually disagrees with whatever it is and is just ensuring it doesn't happen

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Well the other option is that we actually jail people for corruption and we can't have that!

Yeah, about that Jail. Maybe mutilation would do better.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
The County Recorder for Maricopa County in Arizona is named Helen Purcell. She's unmarried, that's her maiden name.

When Bill Clinton was Governor of Arkansas, his Lieutenant Governor was a man named Joe Purcell.

Joe married a woman named Helen and I guess they retired in Arizona.

Clearly, this is strong evidence showing that Hillary is the true mastermind behind voter suppression in Arizona.

I wish I was making this up.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

This reads like a MIGF post.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

James Garfield posted:

The NY voter issue (the Brooklyn one that people blew up about on my facebook, anyway) removed voter registrations in an area that favored Clinton more than NY as a whole, so it's very hard to believe it was somehow pro-Clinton. Not that it wasn't an issue.

This is what I remember reading also. That the voters removed tended to be either (a) dead, or (b) minorities that would have skewed towards Clinton anyway. I wasn't sure if there was something I was missing -- I'm trying to follow this election cycle from Japan, so I miss some of the finer details.

VikingofRock posted:

This reads like a MIGF post.

Gingrich isn't wrong. The people Trump has been courting reeeeeaaaalllly don't care about foreign policy beyond the theme song from "Team America: World Police".

Edit: except the sushi and immigrants lines, obviously.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 28, 2016

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Grundulum posted:

Gingrich isn't wrong. The people Trump has been courting reeeeeaaaalllly don't care about foreign policy beyond the theme song from "Team America: World Police".

Yeah, I mean he's saying that the bar for winning these people over is literally just being able to pronounce the word "America" correctly, and as you said, he's not wrong.

(edit: I guess he'd point to Romney's misspelling of the word in the campaign web app as proof positive of this.)

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yaGITuI8lw

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Here's the text of SRes 444, passed today by unanimous consent:

quote:

Whereas Prince Rogers Nelson (referred to in this preamble as “Prince”) was born on June 7, 1958, in Minneapolis, Minnesota;
Whereas Prince developed an interest in music at an early age and wrote his first song at the age of 7 years;

Whereas Prince pioneered the Minneapolis sound, which is a mixture of funk, rock, and pop that emerged in the late 1970s and 1980s and influenced music for decades;

Whereas Prince and his band, the Revolution, shot many scenes of the classic film “Purple Rain” at First Avenue, making the downtown Minneapolis music venue a landmark;

Whereas Prince was a superstar composer, an amazing performer, and a music innovator with a fierce belief in the independence of his art;

Whereas Prince—

(1) sold more than 100,000,000 records worldwide;

(2) released 39 studio albums;

(3) had 5 number 1 Billboard hits; and

(4) had 40 singles in the top 100 songs;

Whereas Prince won 7 Grammy Awards, an Academy Award, and a Golden Globe Award;

Whereas Prince was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004, the first year in which Prince was eligible for induction;

Whereas in 2010, Prince accepted a Black Entertainment Television Lifetime Achievement Award;

Whereas Prince wrote songs about Minnesota sports teams, including “Purple and Gold” during the Minnesota Viking’s run to the 2010 National Football Conference championship game, and held a concert for the Minnesota Lynx after the Minnesota Lynx won their third Women’s National Basketball Association championship;

Whereas even after all of his success, Prince still called the State of Minnesota home and never lost the sense that he was a beloved son, a neighbor, and the superstar next door;

Whereas Prince reminded the people of the United States that “there’s a world waiting for us after this life, a world of never ending happiness, where you can always see the sun, day or night”; and

Whereas on April 21, 2016, Prince passed away at his Paisley Park Estate in Chanhassen, Minnesota, leaving behind millions of fans and a legacy of music that touched hearts, opened minds, and made the people of the United States want to dance: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That the Senate honors the life of Prince Rogers Nelson and his achievements as a musician, composer, innovator, and cultural icon.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Whereas on 1993, the Artist was Formerly Known as Prince,

Whereas on 1999, we partied,

Whereas on 2007, he played this here guitar,

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Man even obstructionist Republicans can't deny the power of Prince :3:

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
An Oklahoma court has ruled oral sex cannot be rape if it occurs when the victim is drunk.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Good luck with that Oklahoma.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oklahoma needs to be put down

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

Oklahoma is pathetic. It is a loser.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Epic High Five posted:

Oklahoma, you're ugly and Texas dresses you funny.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
We should probably just get Oklahoma drunk and then stick our collective dick in it's mouth.

I mean, honestly, dressed like that? It was asking for it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Boon posted:

We should probably just get Oklahoma drunk and then stick our collective dick in it's mouth.

I mean, honestly, dressed like that? It was asking for it.

you misunderstood the article, we're gonna get ohio drunk and then suck it's dick

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

quote:

PHOENIX — A Phoenix woman has been dropped as a political fundraiser for U.S. Sen. John McCain's re-election campaign after being arrested on suspicion of drug possession and other charges.

Maricopa County Sheriff's officials said Emily Pitha and her live-in boyfriend were taken into custody Tuesday after deputies served a search warrant at her north-central Phoenix home.

Christopher Hustrulid allegedly signed for a package containing more than 250 grams of Ecstasy.

Undercover detectives and U.S. Postal Inspectors raided the home after the delivery, according to sheriff's officials. Detectives also reported finding methamphetamines, LSD, heroin, cocaine, an active meth lab and about $7,000 and counterfeit cash.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fundraiser-john-mccain-campaign-arrested-drug-bust-n563861

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Oklahoma might actually be the worst state

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The HASC is woke as gently caress.

https://twitter.com/HASCDemocrats/status/725514014856515584

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Oklahoma might actually be the worst state

Rename the Kansas thread to the OK/KC Hoedown and just pile it all in.

What I enjoy most about this, is that I learned that the postal service has a law enforcement arm. :black101:

Boon fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 28, 2016

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I had to spend 4 months in OKC for initial training for my job. It has zero redeeming qualities. It really made me appreciate Kansas City.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Oklahoma is a mess

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I went to Tulsa once.

Once.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Half my family is out of Oklahoma, the other half is out of Kansas :smith:

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Joementum posted:

Here's the text of SRes 444, passed today by unanimous consent:

Also available in purple.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

fool_of_sound posted:

I've lived in Oklahoma for 9 of the last 10 years :negative:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Daniel Bryan posted:

Oklahoma is a mess

Oklahoma is a waste

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

:stonklol:

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

fool_of_sound posted:

lol drat

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Based on the article it sounds like the judges made the "correct" call and the laws are just awful. Am I wrong in that?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
So Ted Cruz is so hosed he brought on Carly Fiorina to gut the rest of the campaign?

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Geniasis posted:

Based on the article it sounds like the judges made the "correct" call and the laws are just awful. Am I wrong in that?

http://law.justia.com/codes/oklahoma/2014/title-21/section-21-888v2, especially B.2., seems pretty relevant.

21 OK Stat § 21-888v2 (2014) posted:

2. Sodomy committed upon a person incapable through mental illness or any unsoundness of mind of giving legal consent regardless of the age of the person committing the crime;

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Can we just build Trump's wall around Oklahoma already

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

Give rid of all white people in OK. Also burn the Sooners Stadium to the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

"Unsoundness of mind" is a legal term that essentially means insanity or lunacy.

This is one of those things where it's unlikely that leaving out unconscious/intoxicated people was intentional but the judge followed the law and now hopefully the law will be quickly changed.

• Locked thread