Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Norns posted:

Anyone going to the Austin GP? Just got tickets. I'll be the rear end in a top hat booing Lewis and cheering for Ferrari and Hass.

First live F1 race. Better not loving dump rain like last year.

I'm considering flying from Australia because my eldest is a rabid Taylor Swift fan and I'm the best dad ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Dubs posted:

you mean your Taylor Swift show includes a car parade?
Yeah but it'll be a cool parade because the second or third car through it will be driven by a blessed British guy whose mom is Dame Judi and who still rises

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Yeah but it'll be a cool parade because the second or third car through it will be driven by a blessed British guy whose mom is Dame Judi and who still rises

m8 now we got bad blood

Whitey Ford posted:

I'm considering flying from Australia because my eldest is a rabid Taylor Swift fan and I'm the best dad ever.

be my dad

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

lol Baku have paid google to be the advert at the top on a search for formula 1.

I googled the press conference schedule to see if they had had the good sense to put Kvyat and Vettel next to each other and invited VJ. They haven't. .

Thursday, April 28, 1500 hours local time (1200 GMT)
Jenson Button (McLaren), Esteban Gutierrez (Haas), Daniil Kvyat (Red Bull), Felipe Nasr (Sauber), Sergio Perez (Force India), Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)

Friday, April 29, 1600 hours local time (1300 GMT)
James Key (Toro Rosso), Ayao Komatsu (Haas), Paul Hembery (Pirelli), John McQuilliam (Manor), Otmar Szafnauer (Force India), Beat Zehnder (Sauber)

Whole lot of "who?" in that last one.

Komatsu is Grossjeans race engineer who followed him from Toleman/Benetton/Renault/Lotus/Renault

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I don't know what a Q-tip is, but Lewis Hamilton looks more and more like a Chia pet every year.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jedit posted:

I don't know what a Q-tip is, but Lewis Hamilton looks more and more like a Chia pet every year.

Q-tip is the american term for chia pet

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
They're those things that people to use to clean their ears out with. Cotton applicators I believe is the PC term.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Q-Tip is an award-winning rapper, much like Lewis Hamilton will be.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Turns out my tickets include Taylor Swift show?

No idea why, but i find this hilarious.

This is awesome as gently caress. Can I still get T Swift tickets that feature F1 as an opener? Might be worth the trip from CT

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Best places to sit for non-exorbitant, non-GA tickets for Austin? Never been and planning on going this year.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Best places to sit for non-exorbitant, non-GA tickets for Austin? Never been and planning on going this year.

front row at t-swift

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Few more shots here:
https://twitter.com/F1Hub/status/725667603893493761

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is T-Swift some new DRS gimmick?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Still looks like the RBR cockpit will have the upward visibility issue. Spa and maybe a couple other tracks will be problematic I'd bet.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Norns posted:

Still looks like the RBR cockpit will have the upward visibility issue. Spa and maybe a couple other tracks will be problematic I'd bet.

I neither agree or disagree but just wanted to say I really loving hate the word 'problematic'

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

K

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Skarsnik posted:

I neither agree or disagree but just wanted to say I really loving hate the word 'problematic'

I find your post problematic.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Turn 12 bleachers - sat in them last year.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm currently of the opinion that as most F1 fans are puerile and infantile, the open cockpit vs head protection argument could simply be solved by having a full cockpit that makes the start trek door opening whooshing noise when it flips back. .

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.

Skarsnik posted:

Your problematic espousal of your hatred of the word 'problematic' is problematic to everyone here.

To be fair, the only people I've heard use the word 'problematic' regularly were the two biggest autistic whingers I've ever worked with for whom "that's problematic" usually meant "waah, I don't wanna do that and I can't be hosed thinking of a real reason why".

I'm sure Lewis says 'problematic' a lot.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I'm currently of the opinion that as most F1 fans are puerile and infantile, the open cockpit vs head protection argument could simply be solved by having a full cockpit that makes the start trek door opening whooshing noise when it flips back. .

why haven't you said this from the beginning, no one would disagree

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I like the Red Bull canopy, please don't send death squads to my house.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"It [safety] is a constant thing that always needs to be worked on - as long as it doesn't affect the aesthetics, the style and the coolness of Formula 1."

your priorities are really quite backwards, lewis

(red bull canopy looks p cool, way better than the renders, i.e. the opposite of the halo)

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

learnincurve posted:

Make it so

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

be nice wicka posted:

(red bull canopy looks p cool, way better than the renders, i.e. the opposite of the halo)

wait what i just assumed that the last few posts where in agreement that its ugly as gently caress and worse than the halo

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I think it looks fine.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dubs posted:

wait what i just assumed that the last few posts where in agreement that its ugly as gently caress and worse than the halo

It's not really. Probably the best we might get.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It looks really stupid from the front on IMO

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I prefer the halo but I sometimes kinda like outre poo poo like that

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Stull think the halo would have been better received if Ferrari had incorporated into the livery.

Lol who am I kidding.

Would have been a waste of time, and people probably would still say it's the worst thing since :hitler:

:shrug:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

It looks really stupid from the front on IMO

It's much higher than I anticipated.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

are you guys still talking about Lewis' hair

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

be nice wicka posted:

are you guys still talking about Lewis' hair

:golfclap:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

Is T-Swift some new DRS gimmick?

Yes. Just turn it sideways and you get zero drag.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Also, if visibility wasn't bad enough through one rain-splattered visor how bad will it trying to see through two?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Water repellents and the speed at which they are going should make this a non issue.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

MustardFacial posted:

Here is Roscoe pooping. Only the highest quality of social media from Poois Shamilton.

yeah that's COCO, Roscoe has a darker tan head with only a small white stripe. :colbert:

Poor misshapen inbred dags. :britain:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The issue with the windshield is going to be oil not water.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

be nice wicka posted:

"It [safety] is a constant thing that always needs to be worked on - as long as it doesn't affect the aesthetics, the style and the coolness of Formula 1."

your priorities are really quite backwards, lewis

I hope Lewis takes a suspension piece to the head.

Massa style not Senna style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Reminder to all Rosberg fans in this thread (almost everyone) that his endgame is to steal F1 from Bernie and rewrite all the rules so it becomes a feeder series to DTM where races are replaced by "PR events" in which sponsors award points to the drivers with the least talent and Silverstone is burned down.

• Locked thread