Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jack Trades posted:

They said that they'll be adding DirectInput support and keyboard rebindings at a later date.
Though they have said an awful lot and did very little so far.

Well, I mean, it's been two months. At least say why the hell these issues haven't been addressed, because I can't imagine they're THAT complex to implement. Then again, I Am Not A Programmer, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Dias posted:

oh

hey guys

could you, ahm, make it so that this game supports DirectInput as it should have from release date on PC?

no?

that's fine... :smith:

(I mean, you could at least acknowledge the issue, ArcSys is doing better community work for fuckin' MELTY "Been Dead For 10 Years" BLOOD)

https://github.com/dantarion/SF5DInput

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can I play Gweelay yet?

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Dias posted:

Well, I mean, it's been two months. At least say why the hell these issues haven't been addressed, because I can't imagine they're THAT complex to implement. Then again, I Am Not A Programmer, so...

I'm guessing that a lot of the bugs that have been discovered and the missing/broken features will require some total recompile and making everyone download the whole game again (I remember hearing this was an engine limitation too). They spent time on their streaming updates but afaik there's limits to things they can update via that method. Especially considering the breadth of things that need to be fixed, it can make some sense to pile it into a more complete package and have your playerbase download it once at a later date, rather than hammering bugs out every month like whack a mole. There's also likely a bunch of issues they don't have answers for yet.

Thinking about it this way now I wouldn't expect any fixes to be coming until the Story update. and if that passes, maybe when all the dlc is out and they can sell the GOTY (lol) package with the season 1 chars.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
When can I buy cammy goggles Mr Capcom

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

I will marry that man one day.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Dias posted:

(I mean, you could at least acknowledge the issue, ArcSys is doing better community work for fuckin' MELTY "Been Dead For 10 Years" BLOOD)

that's because melty blood is a way better game than this one, in both games you spend the entire fight doing jump ins because they're way stronger than ground normals but melty has the mechanics to make that engaging instead of just repetitive

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

darealkooky posted:

that's because melty blood is a way better game than this one, in both games you spend the entire fight doing jump ins because they're way stronger than ground normals but melty has the mechanics to make that engaging instead of just repetitive

Is this true about SFV? In my experience most jump ins get stuffed by standing jabs, making them less useful

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

giogadi posted:

Is this true about SFV? In my experience most jump ins get stuffed by standing jabs, making them less useful

I'm going to answer your question with another question by saying don't standing jab anti airs in turn lose to stuff like ryu players using light normals to jump in instead of heavy/medium ones?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Dias posted:

oh

hey guys

could you, ahm, make it so that this game supports DirectInput as it should have from release date on PC?

no?

that's fine... :smith:

The fact I have to use a third party program is a loving disgrace

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

giogadi posted:

darealkooky posted:

I'm going to answer your question with another question by saying don't standing jab anti airs in turn lose to stuff like ryu players using light normals to jump in instead of heavy/medium ones?

Jumping is bad. Jump in normals have massive hurtboxes (barring a handful like ryu j.lk) and most chars have a decent AA, if not a crazy show stopping jab. Alex and Sim even have special AA frames on their jab that go waaay over their head, halting even most crossups. Stopping a jump is not all that difficult, making it hurt when you stop it is another matter, since jab aa still needs an effective mixup after to really punish the opponent.

The risk/reward difference for landing a jumpin versus an AA jab is enormous though, and even with some of the other aa options like dragon punches you're talking a difference of 200 damage or more in favor of the jumper, without considering meter. And if it was say, ken or mika jumping at you, you've taken 35% and are now cornered. So when you miss that one aa because of 8 frames of input lag, it hurts way more than all your hard work of AAing did. This is especially true at lower levels of play where jumpins are some of the only ways players can deal real damage, so I can see where people would end up with that idea.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Ixiggle posted:

The risk/reward difference for landing a jumpin versus an AA jab is enormous though, and even with some of the other aa options like dragon punches you're talking a difference of 200 damage or more in favor of the jumper, without considering meter.

Good, the way it's always been.

https://my.mixtape.moe/irpgzk.webm

Jabs are really good for anti-airs though, and doing alex v-skill means that jumps can be punished with f+hp into good juggle damage.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
Yeah I agree, I just got a little rambly. I think its balanced out well in this game, lag aside. Alex don't even need his vskill to get the crush counter, I nail em all the time (and never get the juggle after :( )

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Saint Freak posted:

When can I buy cammy goggles Mr Capcom

I'm not empty-quoting this. Best alt costume so far.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Ixiggle posted:

Stopping a jump is not all that difficult, making it hurt when you stop it is another matter, since jab aa still needs an effective mixup after to really punish the opponent.

This is what I was getting at.

If you anti air someones jump in with standing jab in SFV you do like 3% of their health

In melty if you do the same you do at least 30%

jumping in constantly is "bad" in SFV for sure but when an anime game where you pretend the floor is lava is better about discouraging playing like a spaz than goddamned street fighter there's something very wrong with the universe

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 28, 2016

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

darealkooky posted:

This is what I was getting at.

If you anti air someones jump in with standing jab in SFV you do like 3% of their health

In melty if you do the same you do at least 30%

jumping in constantly is "bad" in SFV for sure but when an anime game where you pretend the floor is lava is better about discouraging playing like a spaz than goddamned street fighter there's something very wrong with the universe

I'm gonna posit that the reason there's more spastic retard jumping is because way more people actually play SFV, including bad players, than play something like Melty where only real hardcore players play. A dude who jumps a lot and doesn't learn not to won't be discouraged, they just do it, regardless of how much damage they take. If they actually played Melty they'd do the same exact thing.

Anyways, Capcom, open the loving shop already.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

InnercityGriot posted:

I'm gonna posit that the reason there's more spastic retard jumping is because way more people actually play SFV, including bad players, than play something like Melty where only real hardcore players play. A dude who jumps a lot and doesn't learn not to won't be discouraged, they just do it, regardless of how much damage they take. If they actually played Melty they'd do the same exact thing.

this is kind of a chicken and egg situation though. would new/bad spaz players be spaz in any game, or is a game where it's not easy to punish being a spaz (SF4 also has pretty laughable anti air damage outside of characters that could juggle like ryu) giving them bad habits?

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

darealkooky posted:

this is kind of a chicken and egg situation though. would new/bad spaz players be spaz in any game, or is a game where it's not easy to punish being a spaz (SF4 also has pretty laughable anti air damage outside of characters that could juggle like ryu) giving them bad habits?

I'm gonna say no, the reason bad players stay bad is because they don't bother to learn. You can stand there and anti air half their life away and they'll still do it, bronze players do it all the time.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

How well does this work? Does it work? How well?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Guile has cool combos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzYEStnaXSQ

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE7lhEpqzrA

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

A.o.D. posted:

How well does this work? Does it work? How well?

dantarion said this is the "works for me, i guess taht's convenient if it works for you" version

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qtv2XLGRV8

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

guile has like a zillion command normals

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Looks like the update is out for SFV, at least the PC version is. Downloading a 5.1gb patch.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ryuga Death posted:

Looks like the update is out for SFV, at least the PC version is. Downloading a 5.1gb patch.

It's on PS4 for me too except it's 7.1GB for some reason

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Do we have to redownload the entire game every patch? Capcom knows delta patching is a thing that steam and PSN supports right?

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Maintenance ends at 9PM EST? Ughhhh. Guile looks pretty good though drat.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Guile looks nice.

Hope you can do well playing super lame.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

croutonZA posted:

Do we have to redownload the entire game every patch? Capcom knows delta patching is a thing that steam and PSN supports right?

I'm not sure there's too much "knowing" or "thinking" going on over at the capcom dev studios

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

That's how unreal engine works, everything is packaged into massive files that need to be redownloaded.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Fun fact: the very first build of the Unreal Engine was written for a COMPAC Sabdi computer. Rearranging the letters in COMPAC Sabdi, you can see that it spells capcom is bad

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

dhamster posted:

Fun fact: the very first build of the Unreal Engine was written for a COMPAC Sabdi computer. Rearranging the letters in COMPAC Sabdi, you can see that it spells capcom is bad

You put a lot of effort into this.

I'm not sure it was worth it.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Sarchasm posted:

You put a lot of effort into this.

I'm not sure it was worth it.

same but for street fighter v

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Why are guile's legs on the right way?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Guile's muscles are terrifying in this game

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

General Morden posted:

same but for street fighter v

actually they didn't put a lot of effort into the game

nevermind

cams
Mar 28, 2003

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Guile looks nice.

Hope you can do well playing super lame.
oh, i can.

gonna be holding down back all night, baby. stick barely gonna touch neutral.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ixiggle posted:

Stopping a jump is not all that difficult, making it hurt when you stop it is another matter.

Unless you're maining Vega.
Either I'm god awful or SFV Vega has even worse AA options compared to SF4 Vega.

In SF4 I had no problems stopping all of of the jumpins. Especially considering that cr.hp, st.hk and flashkick were pretty decent in SF4. While in SFV there's no flashkick anymore, st.hk has 5 minutes long startup and claw cr.hp has poo poo priority.

*grumble grumble*

EDIT: I wish I could make myself NOT play Vega anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Roll is a pretty good AA for vega but yeah in general he has pretty meh AA options.