Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I grabbed the humble bundle, and apparently I can only get Citizens of Earf on one platform. I happen to own both a Wii U and 3DS, but is there any reason to use one over the other? Does either one run significantly better, have more features, etc.?

Good news, both are terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Lord Lambeth posted:

The 3DS version... does not look great. It looks like they just scaled everything down, it doesn't look as fun and vibrant as the Wii U version. Also there isn't really a 3D effect if you turn the 3D slider up, which is pretty disappointing. I've heard that the Wii U version has long load times but I can't imagine they would be better on the 3DS, but I haven't actually gotten that far.

Thanks, I'll just get it for the Wii U instead, but it looks like it will be low on my list regardless.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

So is Pocket Card Jockey a full game or does it have microtransactions?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

So is Pocket Card Jockey a full game or does it have microtransactions?

Those two concepts are not mutually exclusive.

But as far as I know, PCJ has no post-initial-purchase options of any kind.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's some concept art for the new copy powers in Kirby Robobobobobobobobobobo: ESP, Doctor, Poison:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is it just me, or is the solitaire in Pocket Card Jockey not solitaire?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Is it just me, or is the solitaire in Pocket Card Jockey not solitaire?
Its golf solitaire

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ah. I've never heard of that variant.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Massive spoilers for New Kirby Game: the final boss section is very very good for reasons you can probably guess and one or two you probably won't guess. Are you shock?

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Apr 28, 2016

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Kirby bosses are always good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

codenameFANGIO posted:

It sounds very relaxing.

Driving a large truck is actually one of the least relaxing things a person can do

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Driving a large truck is actually one of the least relaxing things a person can do
I gave a friend ETS2 and I got to listen to the joy of him stressing the gently caress out for half an hour trying to reverse his trailer in :allears:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Driving a virtual large truck while listening to your fave podcasts or radio stations is pretty relaxing tho

Moreso if you're playing multiplayer

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Massive spoilers for New Kirby Game: the final boss section is very very good for reasons you can probably guess and one or two you probably won't guess. Are you shock?

Someone told me what it is and it's taking everything in my power to not just look it up.

It sounds way too loving cool.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Croccers posted:

I gave a friend ETS2 and I got to listen to the joy of him stressing the gently caress out for half an hour trying to reverse his trailer in :allears:

This sounds like maybe one of the most hilarious things for someone to rage about in a video game

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

The final boss is Waluigi.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Noone's gonna buy that, we all know Kirby bosses have a final ___Soul form and Waluigi has no soul.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I played a decent amount of Shantae before bed last night and it owns! I love the art, the writing is actually pretty clever, it's just been really entertaining in general so far. Looking forward to playing some more.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Is it better than Triple Deluxe's?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

PantsBandit posted:

I played a decent amount of Shantae before bed last night and it owns! I love the art, the writing is actually pretty clever, it's just been really entertaining in general so far. Looking forward to playing some more.

Seriously, the best game in that humble bundle and you can get it with others for $1

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

PantsBandit posted:

I'm aware that Animal Crossing games are huge sellers. I'm saying that Happy Home Designer, in particular, seems niche. Animal Crossing appeals to people for a million different reasons. Taking 95% of the gameplay away to focus on decorating seems like something that wouldn't sell as well to me.

Well, it also cut out the tedious bullshit, and gave you a way better interface and controls for decorating, plus even more stuff to put in houses! House decorating is my favorite part of Animal Crossing, and I'm probably not alone. Oh, and you're not limited to 10 villagers and you can put whatever you want in their houses. You don't have to worry about them randomly moving away or new move-ins ruining your flowers. You also don't have to play every day.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Also Nintendo what the hell, where's my full version of that Pocket Card Horse game?
You put up the demo but whoop it's not out yet! I finally had a use for the funbux I've had in my nintendo wallet for two years.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Man, Code Name STEAM is kind of frustrating. I can see why it didn't sell well. I got it for $10 at Gamestop and aiming suuucks. There are these tiny enemies and you can target them and your targeter will flicker back and forth between being locked on and not and it's a crapshoot as to whether you waste your steam points or not.

Edit: It doesn't happen only with the tiny enemies, they're just the most frustrating since they're so small and also they basically just fly around and overwatch and if they hit your dude, your dude is automatically stunned and loses their turn.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Croccers posted:

Also Nintendo what the hell, where's my full version of that Pocket Card Horse game?
You put up the demo but whoop it's not out yet! I finally had a use for the funbux I've had in my nintendo wallet for two years.

Just have to wait another week, May 5th.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Croccers posted:

Probably in a week or two. This game is so hosed up. It's so charming and addictive, it has Croccers saying "whoop" like the tutorial mascot, Off Course. Of Course. Yeah.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Scrap Dragon posted:

Is it better than Triple Deluxe's?

Easily. Like a thousand times over

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That horse solitaire game would work really well on mobile, they should've done that instead of Miitomo or w/e

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Help Im Alive posted:

That horse solitaire game would work really well on mobile, they should've done that instead of Miitomo or w/e

It's on mobile in Japan.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I can't wait :pusheen:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I looked it up, and I don't get the hype. Could someone explain to me in spoiler tags what I'm missing?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm way late to the party but :goddamn: Shantae is funny and also fun.
It's been a while since I've played a simpleish platformer.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

thexerox123 posted:

I looked it up, and I don't get the hype. Could someone explain to me in spoiler tags what I'm missing?

It's something that's been hinted at and hyped up for awhile now. Massive spoilers, seriously. You first fought Nova as a boss way back in Super Star- he and Marx were kind of the big things in Milky Way Wishes. Return to Dreamland has Magolor, the villain of that game talking about how clockwork planets and the like have their eyes on popstar and in Robobot we finally have the payoff to all that with Nova re-appearing.

The fact Kirby's mech joins up with the Halberd to make a gigantic mecha to fight it is just flat out great.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

my first thought was "dude it's Kirby who cares" then I began to read the spoilers and stopped because I realized how cool it was

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's something that's been hinted at and hyped up for awhile now. Massive spoilers, seriously.

Ah, okay, thanks. The spoilers I read were just about Dedede and Meta Knight.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's something that's been hinted at and hyped up for awhile now. Massive spoilers, seriously. You first fought Nova as a boss way back in Super Star- he and Marx were kind of the big things in Milky Way Wishes. Return to Dreamland has Magolor, the villain of that game talking about how clockwork planets and the like have their eyes on popstar and in Robobot we finally have the payoff to all that with Nova re-appearing.

The fact Kirby's mech joins up with the Halberd to make a gigantic mecha to fight it is just flat out great.

so kirby has an over-arching story? wow, who knew

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does the Pocket Card Jockey demo ever end or can you just play it forever (apart from the 15 times you're allowed to boot it up)

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

goferchan posted:

Good news, both are terrible

Yeah sounds like it. I might have been pissed if I had bought the game on it's own, but as part of a bundle deal it's alright. I think I was mostly buying for Shantae anyway.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Pocket Card Jockey is fun enough, but they really should have put the deck on the left side instead of the right. The current placement just makes no sense. :colbert:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

mandatory lesbian posted:

Kirby's a series that you wouldn't expect to have a overarching plotline but totally does.

There's not really a whole bunch to it but there's always bits and pieces given if you look at what the cute NPC's say. Heck the pause screen's for bosses even give you little info dumps on them- Magolor for example began opening theme parks after being RtD's final boss and the Anniversary Collection and Dedede's Drum Dash are exhibits he made v:v:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

mandatory lesbian posted:

Kirby games have surprisingly detailed flavor text that carry over from game to game.

There's a poo poo load of Miiverse posts by HAL Labs that go into Kirby Lore.