Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Well Bernie does tend to win among those who want policies to be less liberal than Obama.

What I'm saying is look at Oklahoma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
Interesting update from this morning:

http://election.princeton.edu/2016/04/27/trump-on-a-glide-path-since-mid-march/

Seems to point to Trump has a pretty good chance of hitting 1237

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

watwat posted:

Interesting update from this morning:

http://election.princeton.edu/2016/04/27/trump-on-a-glide-path-since-mid-march/

Seems to point to Trump has a pretty good chance of hitting 1237

Yeah, I'm running the numbers, and NJ having 51 delegates and WTA really makes things easy for him. He has to do reasonably well in CA, clean up in WV (which he's polled to do) and then get simple majorities in OR and WA...it's not a 100% slam dunk, but he's looking good to make the cut.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

cheese eats mouse posted:

Gonna lose it if KY goes Bernie while having Bevin as the governor. Like what the gently caress.

I still think she wins though cause closed primary.
I am maxed on both Bernie NO and Hillary YES in Kentucky. Outside of the obvious border county performances, she did extremely well in the eastern part of the commonwealth in 2008 --- this region saw her largest margin of victory in all of Kentucky. She will lose Louisville, Lexington, and their suburbs, but the rest of the state looks very good for her with a few close calls in the south-central KY counties.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

For whatever reason Bernie seems to do poorly with the Democratic version of Trump populations and better with the Cruz populations. WV is deep, deep Trump country, so I'm not picking up Bernie shares there. That said, it could be a very close race.

Another thing is that Southerners absolutely hate Bernie. Black Southerners and white Southerners both support Clinton at much higher rates than their respective populations elsewhere. Does West Virginia share some of that character? It feels a bit like an "in between" state that doesn't necessarily fit in any category, but it seems more like Virginia than Nebraska.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Vox Nihili posted:

For whatever reason Bernie seems to do poorly with the Democratic version of Trump populations and better with the Cruz populations. WV is deep, deep Trump country, so I'm not picking up Bernie shares there. That said, it could be a very close race.

Another thing is that Southerners absolutely hate Bernie. Black Southerners and white Southerners both support Clinton at much higher rates than their respective populations elsewhere. Does West Virginia share some of that character? It feels a bit like an "in between" state that doesn't necessarily fit in any category, but it seems more like Virginia than Nebraska.
Well, it sure isn't Nebraska. Yet even though it shares the name, West Virginia is nothing like Virginia. It's not the south. West Virginians please feel free to chime in here but It's more of a blue-collar Ohio/PA culture with a strong redneck vibe.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I have a feeling the berners are going to move to the FBI market over the next few weeks. We'll see if there's enough of them left that haven't been demoralized to make a dent in it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

It has begun! https://www.predictit.org/Market/2074/Who-will-lead-in-Trump-v-Clinton-polling-on-May-5th

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Warning: Polling market.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Don't👏🏻Bet👏🏻on👏🏻Polls

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Also, it's Clinton vs Trump of the RCP Average. Which is currently C +8.5. Unless they drop all the polls and/or get a few Trump +15s, the Trump over Clinton option is a gold-plated toilet.

Edit: All markets below 6% are pretty much saturated at this point for their likely results. drat.

OAquinas has issued a correction as of 17:55 on Apr 27, 2016

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

yeeeeeeeeeeeeees

GlobalMegaCorp
Jan 8, 2004

I do think it's interesting that Bernie got clobbered and essentially conceded the nomination, but his shares in WV soared by 15 cents over night. Oh well, I'm just going to continue sinking $$$ into Hillary

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
The only thing that changed about WV from the day before is that Bernie spoke in WV and Hillary filled in another border of WV and won most of that. One of those should count a lot more than the other but the market is dumb imho.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Trump's absolute rock bottom at this point is 1200 but he's almost guaranteed 1220 plus pledged. Add at least two dozen PA delegates and another couple of dozen stragglers from everywhere and, on paper, he has this.

I don't see the market acknowledging this for a long time, though, maybe not even into July. He could have 1300 pledged and still trade at 95.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Adar posted:

Trump's absolute rock bottom at this point is 1200 but he's almost guaranteed 1220 plus pledged. Add at least two dozen PA delegates and another couple of dozen stragglers from everywhere and, on paper, he has this.

I don't see the market acknowledging this for a long time, though, maybe not even into July. He could have 1300 pledged and still trade at 95.

I maxed on 1237+ last night. No one expected him to get a near sweep of every delegate including the unbound Pennsylvania delegates. The AP counter used by Predictit apparently includes unbound delegates that pledge support to a candidate.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Oh wow, I picked up 100 4.0 to 5.9 for 5 bucks. Decent buy imo.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Peachstapler posted:

I went ahead and threw something together using the NYT results-by-county maps.

I may have to reevaluate my long position as an HRC shareholder in WV...
This is awesome, thanks! That said, I still think your map shows Hillary has more strength here... The mountains run along the far east side of WV, while most of the population in the State (incl Kanawha county) is in the Piedmont region, which, coincidentally, is the same region as those counties I highlighted from SW Pennsylvania in my last post

I really do get the demographics argument, but even vastly-majority-white counties in states that are right next door have gone for hillary. I'm sure I'm overenthusiastic about her here, but even without the context of Bernie laying off staffers and focusing on CA, I think this market is 50/50 at most...

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
Cruz picked Fiorina as his VP. I'm wondering if this will affect the GOP VP market, even though personally I don't think Cruz will get nominated even if there's a brokered convention.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

thethreeman posted:

This is awesome, thanks! That said, I still think your map shows Hillary has more strength here... The mountains run along the far east side of WV, while most of the population in the State (incl Kanawha county) is in the Piedmont region, which, coincidentally, is the same region as those counties I highlighted from SW Pennsylvania in my last post

I really do get the demographics argument, but even vastly-majority-white counties in states that are right next door have gone for hillary. I'm sure I'm overenthusiastic about her here, but even without the context of Bernie laying off staffers and focusing on CA, I think this market is 50/50 at most...
Thank you. Actually Piedmont is the Virginia/NC side, they used extremely similar colors though so I can see how you mixed it up.

Bernie focusing on California was enough to push his Yes below 50, you're right.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

The North Tower posted:

Cruz picked Fiorina as his VP. I'm wondering if this will affect the GOP VP market, even though personally I don't think Cruz will get nominated even if there's a brokered convention.

The people thinking Cruz will snag the nom probably is keeping her no numbers in the 80s, but outside of that case I'd say she's out of the running now.

The VP market is ripe for spec, but it's only a notch above poll bets in how close to "Actual Gambling" it is.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Fiorina NO is now the same market as Trump Nom

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

Fiorina NO is now the same market as Trump Nom

Gilmore yet draws breath.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

The North Tower posted:

Something to keep in mind: Fiorina VP may be a way to stealth-hedge against Trump winning RNOM. Might be worth keeping in mind if some bomb drops and the markets start panicking.

Upside Potential
Jun 14, 2006
If you think this guy is terrible, wait till next year.
ORPRMRY16.GOP Cruz Yes is only 10 cents. I dont see any polls posted yet. OR is a closed primary. Ted is a nasty guy and may back out of "the deal"

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Upside Potential posted:

ORPRMRY16.GOP Cruz Yes is only 10 cents. I dont see any polls posted yet. OR is a closed primary. Ted is a nasty guy and may back out of "the deal"
His campaign doesn't expect to lose any support in Oregon over The Agreement. How will the market react when a poll comes out showing him a strong second? :v:

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Trump will win Oregon, though. The Kasich campaign is delusional over the straw poll from the Romney-fan-club Dorchester Conference in March. I hope some of y'all got some Kasich NO when it was in the high 60s/low 70s the other day.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

a cop posted:

:smug:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

New markets for monthly fundraising totals and Indiana MOV up.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

For the first time ever I'm betting Bernie YES. .25 in Indiana was too cheap; I expect that gap to narrow before election day.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Aliquid posted:

For the first time ever I'm betting Bernie YES. .25 in Indiana was too cheap; I expect that gap to narrow before election day.

Yeah he's within MoE. I'd stagger some sell orders now just so you're in the front of the line for the election day swings.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

a cop posted:

Thanks for the tip by the way. That's the one cool thing with polling markets, sometimes people really overvalue the status quo.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
June primary markets are live!

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
God bless all the morons who sold Trump and bought Cruz when the "alliance" was announced.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
holy crap what happened... trump 1237+ went from ~80 to 92 overnight? :)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Woke up to +$800, looks like reality is sinking in at last!

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Woke up to +$800, looks like reality is sinking in at last!

Not quite up 800 but doing healthy today. the Cruz pumpers kept Trump yes in IN under .74 until the WSJ/NBC poll this morning then the dam broke.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

FourLeaf posted:

Trump+15 in IN means he will sweep or nearly sweep Indiana which in turn means the only way he is missing 1237 is with a complete collapse in California.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

FourLeaf posted:

Trump is way way outperforming expectations in Indiana which was where Cruz was making his last stand. With how polls stand Trump can seriously underperform in Indiana and still sweep this up easily. All he has to do is not die at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

What do you guys think about the GOP South Dakota and Montana primary markets? They've recently swung to something like 75c Trump 25c Cruz, but assuming Cruz is around and contesting them these primaries should still be his to lose.

• Locked thread