Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
I've been in a few GN1 games lately where one of my teammates has a stupid Dragonlore and at least 2 of the other guys obsess over it (and the rest of the dude's gambling inventory) for the whole match instead of focusing on the game AT ALL. It's the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

My d2 PRO STRAT as CT is to get armor and a nova/smg and rush doors into tunnels and rek the inevitable save round B rush.

I like trash ranks because you can do fun stuff and it works because people are bad, also maps aren't as heavily sided

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
fav ct d2 strat is molly B tunnels to catch rushes

yesterday i got 3 assists and one kill with the molotov alone

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Infinotize posted:

I like trash ranks because you can do fun stuff and it works because people are bad, also maps aren't as heavily sided

sure, smurfing down to LEM and dropping 40s can be fun but it's like chugging down on empty calories, the joy is very short lived, it's bad for you in the long run, and afterwards you just feel kind of guilty and bloated

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
I'm SEM, so yeah, I can still have fun like rushing when the econ is good and we're +5 on the scoreboard.

I'm hoping to crack into GN with a couple more wins, if I don't run into more smurf squads that are indistinguishable from hackers :(

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
It's generally not a bad play to smoke through DD on D2, flash over to catch a scoped awper and fall back. Just don't peek ct or B

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I still get joy out of smurfing. It's pretty much all I do now. I'm 11 accounts deep, it's an addiction.

My main account is currently unranked.

edit: also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv0ASzT1atA

watch in slo mo, crosshair ain't even close

Garfu fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 28, 2016

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
you are what is wrong with MM

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Kumbamontu posted:

Yeah I guess after spending more than half my life (in years that CS has been played, not actual hours) playing CS I just don't care

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
the first step is admitting you have a problem

welcome to the path to recovery :)

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

my main account used to almost always be on 7 day mm cooldown, this is why I smurf, but I am bad at it and my alt accounts are the same rank as my main. it's just so hard to do bad, I get down to MG1/2 and to get lower you have to be really really trying and I end up back at LE/LEM

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Wow, dustmouret has really been gaining weight.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

Says the feeder who rushes silly things on gun rounds :P

It's frustrating to get owned but the problems with MM are trolls, cheaters, and people who don't learn.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

the great thing about this game is that smurf has no advantages over you. there is no reason you can't kill him if you aim/move well.

just try your best and show good games. you'll kill that guy a few times and learn something doing it.

Xegaus
Sep 27, 2006
King of nothing!
Smurfing to me would be incredibly boring. I'm guessing most people do it to piss off the lower ranks? I can't see how completely destroying a team of silvers when your a LEM or whatever could be gratifying.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Antares posted:

the great thing about this game is that smurf has no advantages over you. there is no reason you can't kill him if you aim/move well.

just try your best and show good games. you'll kill that guy a few times and learn something doing it.

:yeah:

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
yeah smurfing owns. there's nothing better than getting noobs mad on the web lol get dunked nerds ive benn playing this game since before you were born xD

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

ScarTheKiller posted:

Smurfing to me would be incredibly boring. I'm guessing most people do it to piss off the lower ranks? I can't see how completely destroying a team of silvers when your a LEM or whatever could be gratifying.

I only ever smurfed with my terrible friend so we could play together, and I've never really understood going to the lengths of leveling new accounts just to poo poo on bad people. But I can tell you that you can run circles around people with a MAG-7 and feel like a god, which I can see why people might find appealing.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

smurf with a gimmick, mine was deagle only, then my smurf got to the same rank as my main :(

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I smurfed a couple of times but felt bad afterwards and never did it again, can't remember the account details either.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jeza posted:

I only ever smurfed with my terrible friend so we could play together, and I've never really understood going to the lengths of leveling new accounts just to poo poo on bad people. But I can tell you that you can run circles around people with a MAG-7 and feel like a god, which I can see why people might find appealing.

This but for my brother. Smurfing to play with irl lowbies is the only reason I believe is valid~

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Where do people in Iceland connect to for CS? Do they get decent ping?

Xegaus
Sep 27, 2006
King of nothing!

Jeza posted:

Ah ok, that's a pretty good reason. I'm still technically new enough to mm where I wouldn't know the difference between a smurf and someone who's just having a good game. I just try and use any game where I get stomped as a lesson to get better.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

ScarTheKiller posted:

Ah ok, that's a pretty good reason. I'm still technically new enough to mm where I wouldn't know the difference between a smurf and someone who's just having a good game. I just try and use any game where I get stomped as a lesson to get better.

This attitude and the ability to power through multiple outings of that is going to end up making you a very good player.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I sure hope the both of you are referring to Casual or low rank MM, because that idea will get your poo poo pushed in within a matter of seconds.

It's actually a pretty good strat even against LEs

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

You what silver strat I like to do? Everyone always throws that cat smoke on mirage, and I like to push cat and hide in the smoke. Almost everytime I'm allowed to do that I kill at least two people in the back, it's so good.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Jeza posted:

I don't spend any time leveling accounts, I just buy them already leveled and ranked in. And yeah I guess a lot of my smurfing is so I can play with lower ranked people like rye and Kasha because I like them a lot.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I gave Valve my phone number I'm hoping Gabe calls me.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Garfu posted:

I just buy them already leveled and ranked in.
Bloody hell, you need an intervention.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Garfu posted:

I don't spend any time leveling accounts, I just buy them already leveled and ranked in. And yeah I guess a lot of my smurfing is so I can play with lower ranked people like rye and Kasha because I like them a lot.

I will probably never understand you, but in an attempt to, do you not find the challenge of playing against people at a similar skill level fun and interesting?

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

One of my smurfs is from when I first signed up for steam when it was just a patching service. Apparently a 6 digit steam ID is worth something these days? Had a guy offer to buy it while playing MM on it. 126876 person to sign up for steam.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
all counter strike is a bleak void is you've played as long as garfu. young, old, skilled, unskilled. it matters not.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

I remember when firearms was more popular then counter-strike

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Alighieri posted:

One of my smurfs is from when I first signed up for steam when it was just a patching service. Apparently a 6 digit steam ID is worth something these days? Had a guy offer to buy it while playing MM on it. 126876 person to sign up for steam.

I had a 5 or 6 digit steam account get stolen years ago, it didn't actually have any games attached to it because I just created the account when steam started then never used it again.

I miss the beta counter-strike, I didn't get in on beta 1, so I missed some really amusing stuff (guns not going away after rounds), but drat was it wild.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Alighieri posted:

I remember when firearms was more popular then counter-strike

it's bullshit that Firearms and Hostile Intent were made by a bunch of bickering children who couldn't get source games done

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Russian players aren't so bad when compared to Turkish ones, why am I getting matched with these guys so much today.

For example, one idiot kid who just rushed straight into tunnel on D2 on his own repeatedly, after being told not to do that exact thing every round he did it. Then beggining for AWP drops after loving up his own economy so bad from basically suiciding repeatedly.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Cached Money posted:

Russian players aren't so bad when compared to Turkish ones, why am I getting matched with these guys so much today.

For example, one idiot kid who just rushed straight into tunnel on D2 on his own repeatedly, after being told not to do that exact thing every round he did it. Then beggining for AWP drops after loving up his own economy so bad from basically suiciding repeatedly.

I have a somewhat similar circumstance happen a lot, the worst guy on the team will beg for AWPs constantly. Now, this isn't necessarily bad in and of itself. Sometimes all you need is a quick boost and you're back in the game, so a good round with an AWP can really be that kick in the rear end and you start dominating. The problem is when you ask 3-4 rounds in a row for an AWP drop and haven't gotten a single kill with it; it's time to recognize that you are doing poorly and NOT ask for one of the most expensive weapons... again. poo poo, when I'm doing really badly, can't hit a shot with an AK/M4, I'll pick up just P90/armor and a flash/smoke to go gently caress up some dudes day until I feel like I can actually click heads again.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Alighieri posted:

Mine is 5 digits and I semi-regularly get people hassling me about wanting to buy it. It's weird, I don't know why they want to pretend to be an old fucker.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I've got a 5-digit ID and nobody ever bugs me about it. Maybe twice in all my time playing CSGO. Wonder why you're all so popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Rosh posted:

I've been in a few GN1 games lately where one of my teammates has a stupid Dragonlore and at least 2 of the other guys obsess over it (and the rest of the dude's gambling inventory) for the whole match instead of focusing on the game AT ALL. It's the best.

did I carry you a few days ago/tilt your entire team by taunting them repeatedly?

was dragonlore a dumbass streamer?