Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Hover over your item in-game and hit ctrl-c, open up http://poe.trade click on Import item data, paste into the box which will auto-fill all the fields when you hit Import!, and see what's available on there to price it. If you don't get any results, check all the fields and lower the minimum values until you find something similar.

This is bad advice, don't do that. That feature looks for the exact same stats as the pasted item had, which especially for jewels won't find most of the relevant matches. You need to make a more general search query. In case of that jewel, I'd say something like:
  • has mana leech
  • has three of:
    • IAS
    • IAS and ICS
    • IAS with bows
    • damage
    • projectile damage
    • physical damage
    • physical damage with bows

The big thing differentiating it from a completely generic bow damage jewel being the mana leech. It's potentially enough to sustain fire by itself, which would free up a passive point or a ring/amulet prefix.

Ornedan fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Apr 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Last league 12% ias was worth around 10c on its own. You might have a jewel that's actually worth something.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

snipermonkey posted:

So I just chanced a skyforth, what's a good build to use them with. I figure some kind of ci crit build?

low life crit anything, EK, ST, Kinetic Blast, Frostblades

or just sell it and build anything else, grats on the chance

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
For some reason I am having a huge problem getting IRC to work , doesnt seem to want to put me in any channel :S I think its just me being a retard though. Edit: No it seems to load really slow for me for some reason, I can see everyone but not type... Ill keep trying.

I'd like an invite to the guild as SparkwZL if anyone sees this before I get on.

Touchdown Boy fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Apr 24, 2016

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Give me your skyforth. I'll keep it safe, promise.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
How does the percentage damage reflection on the Bramblejack work? Does stacking armor hinder the Bramblejack's effectiveness by reducing the amount of damage taken and thus reflected?

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

How does the percentage damage reflection on the Bramblejack work? Does stacking armor hinder the Bramblejack's effectiveness by reducing the amount of damage taken and thus reflected?

40% of Melee Physical Damage taken reflected to Attacker

Yeah, it doesn't work well for an armor or evasion build. Your best bet would be a regeneration tank.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

It looks like all uniques LL Icestorm can't really hit 10000 ES without legacy Perandus Signets. Since I wear 9 uniques, the 1% int per unique from each ring makes me lose 18% int over the legacy versions, which is a huge hit. I'm sitting at 8000 ES with lvl 19 Discipline right now. I'm considering buying a lvl 4 Empower to go with my Discipline, to push me up to around 9000-9500 ES, but that would mean I'd probably have to drop Blasphemy. I use Blasphemy for Temp Chains most of the time but occasionally I do have to put on Blasphemy Warmark for certain map mods. Is it worth dropping Blasphemy for the extra ES?

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Ultima66 posted:

It looks like all uniques LL Icestorm can't really hit 10000 ES without legacy Perandus Signets. Since I wear 9 uniques, the 1% int per unique from each ring makes me lose 18% int over the legacy versions, which is a huge hit. I'm sitting at 8000 ES with lvl 19 Discipline right now. I'm considering buying a lvl 4 Empower to go with my Discipline, to push me up to around 9000-9500 ES, but that would mean I'd probably have to drop Blasphemy. I use Blasphemy for Temp Chains most of the time but occasionally I do have to put on Blasphemy Warmark for certain map mods. Is it worth dropping Blasphemy for the extra ES?

Yes. ES is something you have to go all in on.

luminarc
May 8, 2003

Offering 100c for an echoing shrine in regular perandus since I can't find one. IGN is stinkyghost. Feel free to add me.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Bluemillion posted:

Looks like this works so I keep Blasphemy but lose AA: https://poe.mikelat.com/#wVi-Nzb/wAasesc/kDpKz9W/2PG=_1mh

My setup will probably look like this then:

Weapon - 6 supports
The Vertex - lvl 4 Empower - lvl 3 Enlighten - Discipline - Purity of Elements
Gloves - CWDT - Increased Duration - Immortal Call - Rallying Cry
Boots - Blasphemy - Temp Chains - Purity of Fire - 1 "Free" slot (Warmark kind of needs to be here unless I want to chrome my boots a lot every time I need to switch)
Chest - Blood Magic - Purity of Lightning - Purity of Ice - lvl 13 Clarity, Flame Dash - 1 free slot or 2 free slots

Given the 2 free slots, I suppose the "best" setup would involve getting a 6L Shav's for the build, so I could run a 6L of CWDT - Inc Duration - IC - Rallying Cry - Vaal Discipline - Vaal Discipline. I could look into that after saving enough to buy a lvl 4 Empower. 4 red 2 blue Shav's would be rough though.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Bluemillion posted:

Speaking of which, I've made my first ever CI character ever this league. :shobon: One thing I've always wondered was, do the people running 10k+ ES run any mitigation at all? Armor/Evasion or otherwise? Is their answer to 'not getting one-shot' simply 'have a truckload of ES and hope I leech/Vaal Discpline (which I still don't have!) it back up'?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

facepalmolive posted:

Speaking of which, I've made my first ever CI character ever this league. :shobon: One thing I've always wondered was, do the people running 10k+ ES run any mitigation at all? Armor/Evasion or otherwise? Is their answer to 'not getting one-shot' simply 'have a truckload of ES and hope I leech/Vaal Discpline (which I still don't have!) it back up'?

Pretty much, there's a couple builds out there that have high defenses on top of high ES but most ES builds are just all in on ES. A super high effective HP pool does a lot when you combine it with really good leech or regen.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've been running with 8300 ES and it's been pretty okay. More is always better, yeah, but at that point you can mostly survive things like big hits.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Vasudus posted:

I've been running with 8300 ES and it's been pretty okay. More is always better, yeah, but at that point you can mostly survive things like big hits.

I got you zana unique mission in the game, stop being afk.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

funmanguy posted:

I got you zana unique mission in the game, stop being afk.

Yeah thanks for that. Unfortunately I had some dumb stuff come up but at least I got it!

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

If you can squeeze in Grace in your high ES build, Grace + Jade Flask of Reflexes provides a ton of evasion, especially since a lot of ES builds use The Vertex as a hat. Aegis Aurora builds often use a very high ES + armor chainmail, but that's different from a pure ES stacking build. Arctic Armor provides a good chunk of phys mitigation, and if you feel like it then 4-5 Endurance Charges is pretty reasonable, assuming you can spare 2 points for an Endurance Charge and you don't have to get a different type of charge from Merciless Bandits. I'm personally using very high elemental resists with Taste of Hate, Arctic Armor, and a Basalt flask for physical mitigation, as well as Blasphemy Temp Chains + chill from Icestorm for general mitigation. No endurance charges, Evasion, or Armor though. Also if you use a 1 hander + shield, you can probably get a reasonable amount of block with Rathpith + Rainbowstride.

And of course everyone uses Vaal Discipline on ES builds. The only things that aren't really practical to do for ES builds are Acrobatics and pure Armor stacking.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I think the smoke cloud flask is better than a jade flask if you have grace

papanugget
Aug 8, 2000
Stibnite + Jade is even better.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Is 20% spark speed good on a Heretic's Veil? Do sparkers use HV?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Theoretically you can, but there's not much synergy. Blasphemy is only effective when enemies are close to you, while Spark's appeal is you can clear multiple screens of content.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Phobophilia posted:

Theoretically you can, but there's not much synergy. Blasphemy is only effective when enemies are close to you, while Spark's appeal is you can clear multiple screens of content.

That's what I figured, I'll just roll over it.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

The March Hare posted:

Is 20% spark speed good on a Heretic's Veil? Do sparkers use HV?

I think sparkers are only willing to pay big for the +2 projectile enchant.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Been using https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2h0pum/from_6680_what_are_the_best_maps_to_do_and_what/ for a map guide to run. Anyone have a more updated map info link they'd care to share? Seems it's a bit out of date.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Tai posted:

Been using https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2h0pum/from_6680_what_are_the_best_maps_to_do_and_what/ for a map guide to run. Anyone have a more updated map info link they'd care to share? Seems it's a bit out of date.

That is an extremely outdated list. The one on the wiki is okay: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Map

My caveat is that whoever wrote that puts maps where it's easy to miss small groups of enemies because of how wide they are at A (Colonnade, I'm looking at you) while giving all the maps I absolutely love because they're indoors with tight corridors and it's impossible to ever miss mobs a C due to them forcing you to backtrack a long way sometimes (Vaal Pyramid, Museum, Waste Pool, etc). I value clearing every pack on a map way more than not ever having to backtrack, because I'm very paranoid about getting the most chance to sustain map pool possible, while most people are only concerned with leveling fast. Also the boss difficulty is all over the place and inconsistent, so take it with a grain of salt.

Also if you're me you sell every Gorge map. It's the best map layout of any map, but I see no reason to ever run them while people are willing to pay a large premium for them. People buy Gorges for just under 4 chaos each, Arid Lake and Residence for 2, and Malformation and Underground River for like 1 fuse. I personally think it's kind of dumb to pay the large premium per map when Residence is a good layout and drops a really good Divination card, Arid Lake is also a great layout, and Underground River is really easy despite having a pretty annoying layout. A similar quant/packsize roll on any T9 map should yield about the same drops.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Yeah Residence has a great layout, I always run those. Be aware of where the stairs are, and clear the side rooms furthest from the next set of stairs upwards.

I personally value easy layouts over backtracking, so I prefer maps that have a compromise between that and funnelling enemies towards you are the best. I personally loathe underground river and tunnel, because you always notice a pack in an alcove, but you need to backtrack around to reach it.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Hooray, I tried to trade with someone and couldn't understand how currency worked, so they emptied a chunk of their stash on me to welcome me to the game.

I went from pretty ok stuff to the following bunch of garbage on together:
Roth's Reach
The Peregrine
Foxshade
Prismweave
Nomic's Storm
Karui Ward
Asphyxia's Wrath
some magic ring that gives me -7 mana to all skills so i am actually incapable of running out of mana

I am now insanely fast and it rules. i wonder how long this stuff will keep my lightning arrow ranger going

edit: it's just softcore but it owns anyway

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 28, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

are you in the guild? last time i checked the stash was full of leveling uniques like those

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Awesome! posted:

are you in the guild? last time i checked the stash was full of leveling uniques like those

Indeed it is :)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
GGG just released info and the design process on a unique to be released next league: Dancing Dervish.

It certainly is...unique.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Apr 28, 2016

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
How long does this league have left?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
May 30

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

whypick1 posted:

GGG just released info and the design process on a unique to be released next league: Dancing Dervish.

It certainly is...unique.

So you give up a Shield slot in Facebreaker builds for Rampage, Onslaught while Rampage (it says the manifested weapon gives Onslaught while active), and a pet that is hopefully strong enough to kill things in higher tier maps? It's definitely an interesting tradeoff, though it might be really terrible to fight bosses with since you won't be consistently unarmed.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx
Does anyone still need Vaal Temple challenge? Want to buy one together so it's not so expensive? That'd be really cool.

Ultima66 posted:

So you give up a Shield slot in Facebreaker builds for Rampage, Onslaught while Rampage (it says the manifested weapon gives Onslaught while active), and a pet that is hopefully strong enough to kill things in higher tier maps? It's definitely an interesting tradeoff, though it might be really terrible to fight bosses with since you won't be consistently unarmed.

I think I'd just keep a shield in my weapon swap for bosses.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Katasi posted:

Does anyone still need Vaal Temple challenge? Want to buy one together so it's not so expensive? That'd be really cool.
yeah i was actually thinking of doing something like this.

want to set up a time for this weekend to try and let anyone whos interested get in?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Hey POE thread, how many dollars do y'all imagine this ring is worth on PSC?

Dual t1 (for elreon) res and -8 on a diamond. I have no clue what the market looks like for this poo poo right now.

e; While I'm at it, is this as good for sparkers as I assume it would be if I divined it up to non-poo poo rolls?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

The March Hare posted:

Dual t1 (for elreon) res and -8 on a diamond. I have no clue what the market looks like for this poo poo right now.

e; While I'm at it, is this as good for sparkers as I assume it would be if I divined it up to non-poo poo rolls?

You can't divine the life very high; divining only works within the tier. I'm voltaxic spark and wouldn't have any interest in that amulet due to the low life. Really, damage is more than fine already and a meager 16% increased is a pittance compared to all the more modifiers I already have. And it doesn't begin to compare dps-wise to the sparker amulet of choice, Victario's Acuity.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

regulargonzalez posted:

You can't divine the life very high; divining only works within the tier. I'm voltaxic spark and wouldn't have any interest in that amulet due to the low life. Really, damage is more than fine already and a meager 16% increased is a pittance compared to all the more modifiers I already have. And it doesn't begin to compare dps-wise to the sparker amulet of choice, Victario's Acuity.

Good to know, ty :).

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

The March Hare posted:

Elreon ring is probably worth between 2 and 4 exalts.

For the Amulet: you can't divine between tiers, so those mods will still be garbage rolls if you divine. Hell, that %Energy Shield roll and %Spell Damage roll are both perfect rolls for their tier, so those would probably go down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I'm doing surprisingly okay in Hardcore on a Lightning Arrow Ranger.

Are there any uniques I should hunt down in trading for levelling/farming? i'm level 18 right now and aside from a roth's reach and a meginord someone gave me my gear is pretty awful.

• Locked thread