Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The Tunsil pick started off looking like a coup and has slowly devolved into what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Blitz7x posted:

The Tunsil pick started off looking like a coup and has slowly devolved into what the gently caress

Nothing Miami does can either effect the number of games they win or the number of games they lose, 8-8 forever. It is gods way of punishing the franchise for the 72 dolphins hubris.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Wait, WHAT?

I thought the Cowboys pick was dumb, but at least they're going to play him at...running back... and not fullback or tight end or some poo poo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/mmehtanydn/status/725995396670078976

Was curious who tried to jump on him during the slide.

Glad they didn't get him. That story + the New York media would've been insufferable. I was dissapointed that either Conklin or Decker didn't fall to us and I have no idea how they are going to use Lee but there wasn't any player they passed on that is going to make them look bad. Go get Carroo today Jets.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Just woke up, was the Tunsil thing the only real drama last night?

I did see an espn dude asking a player "are you ready to give all you've got for the cowboys fans?", like, what the gently caress answer do you expect?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Go get Carroo today Jets.
On board with this. Would also love Spence if he falls.

Taking Lee likely takes them out of someone like Kamalei Correa but I like him as well.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
bosa has a giant schnoz

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

effectual posted:

I did see an espn dude asking a player "are you ready to give all you've got for the cowboys fans?", like, what the gently caress answer do you expect?

To be fair he was asking Wentz

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

sean10mm posted:

Wait, WHAT?

I thought the Cowboys pick was dumb, but at least they're going to play him at...running back... and not fullback or tight end or some poo poo.

Guys, Dallas Thomas was maybe the worst player in football last year. I am pro any means of firing him into the sun.

We'll kick a tackle inside to start with, and when one of them inevitably gets hurt we won't be completely hosed like we were the last two years.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
If it doesn't work then they move Albert to G and he plays LT. The sky isn't falling yet. Unless Philbin disease infects Gase and they end up just repeating bad moves until the end of time, which unfortunately is possible if not likely.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Ezekial Elliot is cool

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

effectual posted:

Well the 49ers traded up to take a ho-hum guard, if that counts.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
hey

hey ted

move up for a lb

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ComposerGuy posted:

We traded up one spot because we were terrified that Washington was going to snatch WILL FULLER from us.

The rest of the league is playing poker, but Rick Smith is playing Crazy 8's.

Oh man, crazy 8's was fun.

That Tunsil agent statement is beautiful. The seahawks took a black guy named German? Bring on the Django references :hawksin:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Crazy Ted posted:

I love the SportsCenter headline: LAREMY TUNSIL'S TWITTER ACCOUNT POSTS VIDEO OF TUNSIL SMOKING

Smoking...potpourri? catnip? oregano?

He was caught smoking pole, and after Michael Sam dropped like a rock in the draft Tunsil was afraid of going UDFA so ghey all started damage control. Horrible damage control.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

CannonFodder posted:

He was caught smoking pole, and after Michael Sam dropped like a rock in the draft Tunsil was afraid of going UDFA so ghey all started damage control. Horrible damage control.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

The only time this has ever been funny

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I can't believe anybody actually fell for that fake Tunsil agent thing...

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Depends what you mean. Stanley is the safer pick, even ignoring any off field stuff. Tunsil has a way higher ceiling, like Tyron Smith high, but you'd have to teach him a pro pass blocking scheme pretty much from the ground up. Stanley looks to be a starting caliber left tackle that will be pretty decent in pass protection and not the best run blocker for a solid decade. Also Stanley has a lot more experience with pro style blocking assignments so there is less to project as opposed to just watching tape. He played pretty well against Clemson who has both Shaq Lawson and Kevin Dodd ( Stanley was mostly matched up on Lawson).

All told I'd still much rather have Tunsil. It was a coward's pick.

Thanks, this makes me not unhappy with the pick. Sure, it's a safe, boring high floor, low(ish) ceiling pick, which may not be what you want at 6, but having a good LT after all those Oher/whatever years is not bad.

gently caress JAX for taking Ramsey though.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ross Angeles posted:

bosa has a giant schnoz

I always described him as Cyrano if he was a lineman

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I do not know anything about who the Steelers picked but its a cornerback and I think we need one of those

In the Tomlin/Colbert presser, they both acted like Burns is who they wanted. I had him as the best 2nd round corner, but he's the 3rd consecutive 1st round Steelers pick that's all about athleticism and speed.

He's perservered through some pretty tough stuff; dad in prison his whole life, and his mom died midway through his 2015 season, leaving Artie to take care of his two younger brothers as well as his own daughter (still with the mother). His performance on the field suffered, but he's tall (6'), fast (4.32) and is pretty good at bump and run. He's raw with high upside. Very similar to the Dupree pick imo

I don't like the pick at 25, but had he stayed in school, I'd venture he'd be a 2017 1st rounder. Disappointing, but I've been wrong before

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm pretty happy with the chiefs trade back. Even more happy we didn't draft Lynch. He's gonna bust so hard.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ClevelandFrowns/status/726049222684975105

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ramsey was a nice pick. Thought the Cowboys would grab him. :unsmith:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

E_Motion posted:

gently caress JAX for taking Ramsey though.

Agreed. Ramsey in the 1st and Spence/Dodd in the 2nd would've remade our defense on the spot. Can't blame them though, he's a fantastic fit in Jacksonville.

Beautiful.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Agreed. Ramsey in the 1st and Spence/Dodd in the 2nd would've remade our defense on the spot. Can't blame them though, he's a fantastic fit in Jacksonville.

Beautiful.

:smugdog:

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Tackles playing Guards for their rookie season isn't that wacky. Jonathan Ogden did it, and I'm sure with Branden Albert being as injury-prone as he is that he'll end up starting LT pretty quickly.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

Still seems like a coup to me.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chiefs wanted Treadwell.

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/726054488474324992

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I'm walking around chuckling to myself that the Giants took Apple over Treadeill AND Jackson.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Beautiful.

Well yeah of course you can't blame Jacksonville for grabbing him, who doesn't want a player like him? Hell I expected San Diego to jump all over him. It just hurts that he was literally taken one pick before the Ravens could.

At least Spence and Dodd are both still available and one should be when the Ravens pick again.

Although what's the chance Ozzie grabs Ragland because BAMA?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Blitz7x posted:

I know it was great value for Miami, but aside from tearing an ACL while shaking Goodells hand this is probably the worst way to start your NFL career

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/College-coach-says-Kindle-fell-down-stairs-becau?urn=nfl,259020

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Anyone surprised that Miami is playing Tunsil at guard right now

1) has very little clue about Miami as a team.
2) has very little clue about Tunsil and his current strengths and weaknesses.

They're putting the 5 best guys on the fiend. Tunsil is our future LT, but we currently have a top 5 LT (when healthy for 4 games) on the roster already so play Tunsil at LG until BA gets hurt then slide Tunsil over

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiefs apparently were trying to trade up to grab Treadwell last night

gently caress!!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Just woke up

gently caress Jerry Reese

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

Chiefs apparently were trying to trade up to grab Treadwell last night

gently caress!!

I would've been very happy with this too.

Happy for Treadwell that he at least ended up on the Vikings, who should be a good fit for him.

Fun fact: the last time Dorsey traded out of the first round he went from 30 to 36. With that pick he drafted Jordy Nelson.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiefs have never had 2 good WRs at the same time, Treadwell would have been so so nice

Please grab Shepard with one of our 2nds today......or even Braxton.......

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

Chiefs have never had 2 good WRs at the same time, Treadwell would have been so so nice

Please grab Shepard with one of our 2nds today......or even Braxton.......

I'm still hoping that Conley can be our No. 2.

But I really, really like Shepard. Just like I liked Lockett.

C'mon fellas.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
http://www.detroitlions.com/media-center/videos/Behind-the-scenes-Lions-call-Taylor-Decker/91bdf47a-a4ff-456c-90cc-d9f396d6a618

Direct video link:
http://prod.video.lions.clubs.nfl.com//DET/videos/dct/video_audio/2016/04-April/04_28_16_first-pick-phone-call-500k.mp4

Interesting behind the scenes look at the draft war room.

edit: sick that video embedding worked even with this.

Also Quinn said he doesn't mind the weed guys. Kind of wish we had traded up for a professional ready LT with Tunsil, but I just watched some video of Decker against Michigan and he seems extremely solid in run blocking, and not so great with the pass rush. I'm curious if the analysis will be correct on Decker that he'll be put at RT with Reiff staying at LT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I've seen pics of the Lions draft room before, and it always amazes me how many people they have sitting around doing nothing.

• Locked thread