Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

IPCRESS posted:

A rattlesnake?

But in the cheap seats: faction/t2 ammo and 2x T2 Hammerheads5x T2 Hobgoblin

edit: No DDAs, so 5 hobs > mixture of medium & lights

Is it preferable for Cruise Missiles for their ludicrous range?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Krogort posted:

Roughly how many characters and SP do you need to get into T2 Invention and Production ?

This is my old T2 production character http://eveboard.com/pilot/Buildy_McBuilderson

There's some wasted SP on exhumers and stuff, but you basically need all sciences at 4, plus adv mass production 4 and research 5

Goatman Sacks fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Apr 29, 2016

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Krogort posted:

Roughly how many characters and SP do you need to get into T2 Invention and Production ?

If you are specializing in one thing then between 3-4m. When starting stick to manufacturing for one race to save time on racial encryption skills.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

LemonDrizzle posted:

Interceptors aren't generally useful in w-space, so I imagine that guy who killed you fit specifically for the job, Gaffe. He probably had two warp scramblers or a disruptor and a scrambler to overcome the Venture's innate warp core stabilization.

I ended up contacting the guy and asking him what he did, and he said this. Had scanned down all the sites on his Stratios and found me, and since I had let my guard down I hadn't been checking d-scan for his probes. He sent in his Ares with two points and pinned me down.

Now I have the extra stab in my low slot and I hit the scan button at least once a minute while I do my usual internet perusing on my other monitor.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
Got accepted into RVCMF corp tonight on two pilots. Mined some ore and made about 20 million ISK. Also got a level 1 mission done in an executioner. Today was a good day.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
Im in as well, it's very chill.
People are awesome.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This really does make me so happy you have no idea!

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
I think Im going to research some new blueprints, my stash is currently locked in a station in Deklein.

We could build some Ventures or something.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
I have a whole bunch of bread and butter T1 BPOs to research on my Rock character and I'm going to have her trained into barges pretty soon :)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Got accepted into RVCMF corp tonight on two pilots. Mined some ore and made about 20 million ISK. Also got a level 1 mission done in an executioner. Today was a good day.

didnt even have to use your AK

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012
So I keep finding "guides" for w-space but they are several years old. I'm trying to figure out what a good ship would be to start doing some of the lower tier combat sites in w-space. c1-c3 for now as I know I'm not ready for anything huge yet. Any suggestions? I've seen multiple things that say the T3 Destroyers, but I'm a fair ways away from one of those currently.

Fureil fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 29, 2016

iSqueezeCats
Jan 1, 2013
A passive recharge drake can do the C1-C2s.

C3s are best done in something like a Tengu or a Rattlesnake

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

iSqueezeCats posted:

A passive recharge drake can do the C1-C2s.

C3s are best done in something like a Tengu or a Rattlesnake

This is basically the standard, yes.

Rattlesnakes can go fairly comfortably all the way up to C4's and maybe C5's if they are super blinged-out passive-tanked. A tengu is going to be easier if you are soloing though since, half of the experience is scanning and traveling, which the tengu will do a much better job of both.

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

Siets posted:

This is basically the standard, yes.

Rattlesnakes can go fairly comfortably all the way up to C4's and maybe C5's if they are super blinged-out passive-tanked. A tengu is going to be easier if you are soloing though since, half of the experience is scanning and traveling, which the tengu will do a much better job of both.

What's a good C4 fit for a Tengu?

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Gropiemon posted:

We use 3+ of these and sometimes a carrier for extra damage, I guess now a FAX to help rep us, if we feel safe/naïve that day. This is under a black hole system effect though, so you may have to change it up a bit depending on your system effect, or lack of.

code:
[Tengu, Tengu]
Mark I Compact Capacitor Power Relay
Ballistic Control System II

Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Field II
Target Painter II

Heavy Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Heavy Missile
Large Remote Shield Booster II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Tengu Electronics - CPU Efficiency Gate
Tengu Defensive - Adaptive Shielding
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier
Tengu Engineering - Capacitor Regeneration Matrix
At all V, 55k EHP, 494 DPS, 206m/s. Mids are mostly to taste with this, some people add a prop mod but we all just anchor on one guy so we never generally bother due to bouncing/rubber banding.

This fit is pre-module tiericide, but I think these modules still exist under these names.

E: just bothered to fully read the preceding posts, this is ~purely~ for combat anom running, obviously not for scanning/hacking unless you wanna carry around a depot or whatever.

DarkMalfunction fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 29, 2016

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Before I go through the effort of testing this on sisi, can a neutral player refit (but not access storage) on a pos SMA if they have the password and are in the shields?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

I'm pretty sure you have to be a member of the corp to use the fitting service. When I hung out in my friend's wormhole I lived in his POS but had to refit my Tengu with a mobile depot.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

scandoslav posted:

He's a loose cannon he could fly into a marijuana rage at any moment

tbh I'm more worried about him foehammering it again.

foehammer if i app to pl with that story as my submission, is that a boosh?

don't say yes, i don't actually care i just find you turning off siggy hilarious.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Gropiemon posted:

I'll post mine as soon as I get back home in 30'ish minutes. Fitting tengus is a fickle business.

e: Oh you said C4. I'm not actually sure if tengus can handle the neuting in C4's. I'll have to double check.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hezzy posted:

Is HoleSquad still a thing? I remember at the start when we got evicted about 3 times in a row. Still made hella cash though

Hole squad lives on as a GSF membercorp by the name of Hole Violence. We are rebuilding after our most recent tidy up but we are still very much a thing.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

What are you mining in? I've thrown together a Procurer with what is apparently overkill-tank, despite two mining laser upgrades.

Have to figure out how to run this on my laptop, though, because undocking at all seems to be such a load on my machine that it just gets too hot for my taste after a while.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What are you mining in? I've thrown together a Procurer with what is apparently overkill-tank, despite two mining laser upgrades.

Have to figure out how to run this on my laptop, though, because undocking at all seems to be such a load on my machine that it just gets too hot for my taste after a while.

procurers and by extension skiffs tank stupid hard by default

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

darth cookie posted:

Hole squad lives on as a GSF membercorp by the name of Hole Violence. We are rebuilding after our most recent tidy up but we are still very much a thing.

As long as there's more videos I think we're all ok with whatever happens.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

PathAsc posted:

As long as there's more videos I think we're all ok with whatever happens.

hole squad on that real poo poo - are there other videos too?

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

VideoGames posted:

This really does make me so happy you have no idea!

:kimchi:

Orange Red Bull posted:

didnt even have to use your AK

Exactly.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

A hulk on one dude jet canning to an MTU. Other dude is a retriever and a miasmos occasionally to empty the MTU and the cans built up around it.

Tank in highsec mining is a choice in my mind; either go with next to none since the rats do nothing; or go with stupid over tank for rats but deter gankers.

Oh and one of my RVCMF guys can build everything up to capitals and I have a bunch of t1 bpc stuff so we could build battleships, cruisers, retrievers; whatever people feel like

Jon Von Anchovi fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 30, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jazzzzz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?Cheesemonk3h?videos

edit:

I like this one a lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gS05lWy9Ko

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 30, 2016

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Jazzzzz posted:

Yeah, fernando snips channel on YouTube.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Anyone have a link to hole squad and the raiders of the lost SRP? That was my favorite.

found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzoJyLOcGuk

Question Time fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 30, 2016

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
maybe my threshold for entertainment value is low, but watching pubbies reply to isk scammers in Jita local ("why u no send isk?" etc.) tonight has been pretty fun

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
pubbies

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
you know for all this posturing about how great the cfc was, it leads me to think that it mustn't have been all that good if the change of 1 game mechanic (aegis sov) leads to the complete loss of the will to fight and the loss of most sov

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

you know for all this posturing about how great the cfc was, it leads me to think that it mustn't have been all that good if the change of 1 game mechanic (aegis sov) leads to the complete loss of the will to fight and the loss of most sov

let it go bro

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ordo picking up that old garr khan standby and being a bitch in the nice thread

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

to be fair I'm a pubbie too, suppose I should've just said morons instead

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Landsknecht posted:

Hey now the last time the sov system changed we lost everything in a few days. This time we at least have something.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

OK gently caress EVE for releasing an awesome new trailer that I only just saw a few days after finishing a BSG marathon. Now I have to play this piece of poo poo again and from the sounds of it things have.. changed. I'ma go back and read the OP and see if I can catch up but in the meantime is there anything I should do in order to get going again?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
RVCMF director level leaks!!!

:3:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Just... the best. :kimchi:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Does RVCMF take older pilots? I've had the EVE itch for a while now (I should have that examined) and a chill mine corp I could log in to help occasionally sounds like something I might be down with and could contribute to. I'm guessing yes but I saw in the politics thread that it was angled toward newer folks so I was wondering.

ofc I still need to see if my older character even exists or got hacked or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Jazzzzz posted:

to be fair I'm a pubbie too, suppose I should've just said morons instead

If sure in the rest of SA.com, pubbie is still a revered term, but it has been a mainstream eve meme since like 2010. Beat to death.

• Locked thread