Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Nodoze posted:

He doesn't say flashkick 0/10

This. I don't get why capcom likes changing the names of moves so much. How many names has green hand had?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Dracula Factory posted:

This. I don't get why capcom likes changing the names of moves so much. How many names has green hand had?

Wasn't it always the Banishing Flat?

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I could have sworn it had a bunch of names but I could be mixing it up with something else.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's always been Banishing Flat yeah

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Hasn't he said both somersault and flash kick in various different games? It's not that weird a change, anyway.

It's not a big deal I was just exaggerating

I find it weird though that he's said Flash Kick in the English version of two of games now and all of a sudden are like "Oh no it's the Japanese name"

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Don't be ridiculous, if it was the japanese name he'd be shouting "SAMASO!"

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

:wow:

https://twitter.com/infiltration85/status/725877614070517761

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
jesus christ

e: nuckledu and dieminion have got to be very, very happy.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 29, 2016

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

One I got is 529 and a lot easier than that one.

Jumpin whatever, st.hp, cr.mp, lp boom, b+hp, trigger, hp boom lp followup, hp boom mp followup x5, super.

*ed*

obviously that is super impressive on infiltration part, but the cr.mp mp booms are tricky is all.

Also in corner point blank cr.mp, mpboom x3, trigger, forward dash, cr. mp mp boom x3(final boom going into x5 followup), super totally works.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

One I got is 529 and a lot easier than that one.

Jumpin whatever, st.hp, cr.mp, lp boom, b+hp, trigger, hp boom lp followup, hp boom mp followup x5, super.

*ed*

obviously that is super impressive on infiltration part, but the cr.mp mp booms are tricky is all.

Also in corner point blank cr.mp, mpboom x3, trigger, forward dash, cr. mp mp boom x3(final boom going into x5 followup), super totally works.

I can't even conceive of getting that right.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

A.o.D. posted:

I can't even conceive of getting that right.

Ain't gonna lie, hes prob the new king of execution in this game.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

HOLY poo poo I HAVE THE SAME MONITOR INFILTRATION HAS! :aaa:

it means one day i can probably be as good as him

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I am 99% sure I already got infiltrations combo beat now, I just need my frail gay hands to keep up, time to waste an hour trying this poo poo.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Psh, that combo is so outdated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERWLYIVhCys

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

wish that had damage values but head mathing it that probably beats the one in my head by like 20 dmg :( Beaten before I even got off the ground.

*edit*
Or maybe not... time to get back at it.
edit again ahh its prob got me beat my hands are already starting to hurt doing this maybe tomorrow.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 29, 2016

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Momochi's streaming Guile right now https://www.twitch.tv/momochoco

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Oh I can't wait till all of those combos get patched out.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Nah bruh, that poo poo is obsolete already.

https://twitter.com/INFILTRATION85/status/725895939198603266

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
https://twitter.com/kindevu/status/725895433407467521?s=09

lol

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Not just Chun

https://twitter.com/kindevu/status/725911753662468097

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
i like that buff

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
they're gonna fix that but t hawk is gonna pay for it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Man guile is tough for a scrub. So many buttons

Real hurthling! posted:

Correction: comboing with guile is tough for a scrub. Winning against bad ryus is easy as gently caress with sb and cr hp

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 29, 2016

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
They literally gave Guile Optimus Prime's color scheme. :fap:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Real hurthling! posted:

Correction: comboing with guile is tough for a scrub. Winning against bad ryus is easy as gently caress with sb and cr hp

just do what everyone else playing him is doing and flash kick after everything

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

done beaten, don't got vid but from the stream momochi got 608.

*ed*

And that just got beaten at 638:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgTksJdaHuM

Although still can't dethrone Birdie.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Apr 29, 2016

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Big Scary Owl posted:

HOLY poo poo I HAVE THE SAME MONITOR INFILTRATION HAS! :aaa:

it means one day i can probably be as good as him

LGs are kind of poo poo.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I'm bad at this game and it is frustrating that I can't just play against the computer and am forced to fight online spergs who destroy me even at bronze rank. Getting pummelled to death in every match doesn't particularly teach me anything

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

StabMasterArson posted:

I'm bad at this game and it is frustrating that I can't just play against the computer and am forced to fight online spergs who destroy me even at bronze rank. Getting pummelled to death in every match doesn't particularly teach me anything
If you wanna train versus the CPU you could always stick the training dummy on AI and change all the meter settings so that they act as they would in a real match then just run some sets. Not ideal obviously, but it works.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

StabMasterArson posted:

Playing against the computer doesn't help you get better, unfortunately. Getting beat up sucks but fighting games are inherently 1v1 contests of skill and computers don't think. Theres lots of bad goons and those who are okay/good and willing to teach, ask in here or in the discord and you should find some more appropriate opponents. Good luck out there~!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

While I won't go so far as to say "fighting the AI is good" I do think there's merit in using the CPU as a moving target sometimes to help you get to grips with certain concepts - it's certainly faster than seeking out online fights if your main objective is just "i wanna try doing this thing on something other than a dummy"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cat Machine posted:

While I won't go so far as to say "fighting the AI is good" I do think there's merit in using the CPU as a moving target sometimes to help you get to grips with certain concepts - it's certainly faster than seeking out online fights if your main objective is just "i wanna try doing this thing on something other than a dummy"

I legit think playing a couple of games against the CPU or running thru arcade survival mode is a nice way to grasp your normal ranges and practice basic hit-confirming/execution in a "real" situation. Of course, you need to be aware that you're not playing against a human and you get hits off bullshit, but there's some merit to it for sure.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Thanks for the suggestions, if anyone wants to contribute to pummelling me to death add me up: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lljkSMA/

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
http://i.imgur.com/ZljDetl.webm

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

another bison clone

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

replace the op with this

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

lol this game is so loving bad

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Periodiko posted:

Vega's really strong, his anti-air options are weak, but if you're a Vega player from SF4 they really aren't significantly better or worse. Standing heavy kick has more start-up, but crush counters for hundreds of damage. If you don't like playing him, okay, but dropping him because you think he's too weak is a mistake IMO.

Again, it might be that I'm bad at SFV but I feel that Vega's anti-air options are definitely way worse than they were in SF4.
Even going by raw numbers, st.hk is 3(!) times slower (comparing to Ryu, whom the game is build around, his cr.hp is only 50% slower), cr.hp is 2 times slower with a wonky hitbox, Scarlet Terror is gone and I it used it a lot in SF4.

Also, I never said that I think that Vega is bad, if anything he's higher tier in SFV than he was in SF4 (which doesn't say much but still).

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Again, it might be that I'm bad at SFV but I feel that Vega's anti-air options are definitely way worse than they were in SF4.
Even going by raw numbers, st.hk is 3(!) times slower (comparing to Ryu, whom the game is build around, his cr.hp is only 50% slower), cr.hp is 2 times slower with a wonky hitbox, Scarlet Terror is gone and I it used it a lot in SF4.

Also, I never said that I think that Vega is bad, if anything he's higher tier in SFV than he was in SF4 (which doesn't say much but still).

I said he's bad. His good matchups are okay, and his bad matchups are very, very bad. I'm still gonna main Vega, I just figure to be in the Dan zone for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Jack Trades posted:

Even going by raw numbers, st.hk is 3(!) times slower (comparing to Ryu,

3 times slower than what? Vegas st.hk is 11 frames, Ryus is 10.