Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

you need kevlar with a p250 cuz its a headshot machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
All wrong, sacrifice the 200 flash for the extra 200 for a five seven / tec 9

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
I hate buying p250 on pistol rounds because it's only giving you an advantage if your opponents are all armored and you're popping body shots. I think it's pretty rare that p250 is the optimal pistol buy...occasionally I'll buy a five-seven/tec and a nade if I'm playing a position that can really take advantage of the spam ability of those guns. Otherwise default pistols all the way. Buy a deagle only if you're a true sociopath, or niKo.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Dongicus posted:

you need kevlar with a p250 cuz its a headshot machine

almost every gun is a headshot machine in pistol when noone has helmets

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
I do kevlar as CT, and sit appropriately where I can click heads best and not get glock spammed

dualies as T, as I like to entry and hail bullets

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
CT = kevlar, T = drop a Tec-9 for someone who bought armor + smoke

stump collector
May 28, 2007
kevlar in pubs and kit smoke on lan

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

smoke/flash/HE because no one else will buy utility, 99% of the time this is what I buy T-side.

CT 70% of the time I'll buy smoke/flash/HE, the rest is just straight kevlar, depends on the map, like dust2 if I'm the b player I'll take the nade stack because I can stop a rush cold and get a kill or 2 while the mid player rotates up to assist.

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.
CT: Kit + Smoke + Flash
Sit back and pop heads. Use nades as nessisary. Bonus points if I can use the smoke to ninja.

Kumbamontu posted:

T = drop a Tec-9 for someone who bought armor + smoke

This strat works surprisingly well.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

ArfJason posted:

almost every gun is a headshot machine in pistol when noone has helmets

tec9 isn't really but it's a godly body shot gun that shreds through armor

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Spiros posted:

yeah flying around a corner post-flashbang and unloading 20+ shots at 2 defenders really does a number on them

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i buy a cz and a tazer

the cz is for when i run out of ammo for the taser

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Delicious Meat posted:

CT: Kit + Smoke + Flash
Sit back and pop heads. Use nades as nessisary. Bonus points if I can use the smoke to ninja.

do you usually have $900 when starting

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

henne posted:

Ct: kit+p250 or Kevlar

T: Kevlar or smoke+2 flashes

I only get grenades t side if we have a plan as a team, ct buy depends more on where I'm playing than anything else. Long range = Kevlar to fight aim punch from glocks.

T: Should be smoke + flash + p250 or Kevlar. Don't see any reason for having a second flash and leaving 100 unspent.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

At Nova 1, everyone always seems to just buy a tec-9/five-seven or armor, so I usually act as support and buy flash/he/smoke, regardless of side.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

symbolic posted:

At Nova 1, everyone always seems to just buy a tec-9/five-seven or armor, so I usually act as support and buy flash/he/smoke, regardless of side.

This doesn't get any better, hence why I usually buy the support stuff.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

T side I buy grenades if the rest of my team has insta spammed Kevlar+decoy because that smoke grenade+ flashes really help against a team of USP/p2k. Else i buy Kevlar. CT I just buy armour or kit+p250 because literally no T Glock train is going to give a poo poo about smokes or flashes.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Why do people ever buy decoys? All they ever do is throw them mid or in spawn.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I'd happily buy grenades for a pistol if anyone ever said anything plan like an I thought they would give me a chance to throw them but that rarely happens so its pretty much kevlar for me.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

qhat posted:

CT I just buy armour or kit+p250 because literally no T Glock train is going to give a poo poo about smokes or flashes.

I beg to differ, I have stopped many a t glock paintrains with a smoke/flash combo followed up with some p2k headshots. I'm not saying that you are going to stop every rush all the time blah blah and perhaps it just works because I'm in the MGE/DMG/LE area, but I've got a fairly decent success rate with it.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Spiros posted:

Tapping while stationary is actually surprisingly accurate. Granted, this isn't really ever a good idea in game because you're just fodder for USPs, but still.

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.

Kumbamontu posted:

do you usually have $900 when starting

My bad, ment to put Smoke/Flash. :shobon:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

MF_James posted:

I beg to differ, I have stopped many a t glock paintrains with a smoke/flash combo followed up with some p2k headshots. I'm not saying that you are going to stop every rush all the time blah blah and perhaps it just works because I'm in the MGE/DMG/LE area, but I've got a fairly decent success rate with it.

Yeah, probably, but pistol rounds are so random anyway that I reckon you can make anything work as long as you hit your headshots.

fennesz posted:

Tapping while stationary is actually surprisingly accurate. Granted, this isn't really ever a good idea in game because you're just fodder for USPs, but still.

That being said, please don't ever stand still on the pistol round lol.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Famethrowa posted:

Why do people ever buy decoys? All they ever do is throw them mid or in spawn.

I use it to make the enemy mistime for AWP duels. When you throw it the other guy sometimes thinks they have a window to peek when you haven't done poo poo.

Works at LE/LEM level. You'd be surprised how often.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

sometimes they die before throwing it so you can pick it up to fake a flashbang and hope the guy turns away

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

[ VAC ]
CS:GO VAC Bans and CS:GO Game Bans will be applied to all accounts that share the same phone number. 

Noice

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I hope valve now rolls out the biggest fuckin VAC wave in CSGO history

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
There's like maybe 2 goons at a high enough rank to actually see hackers on a regular basis

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

NTT posted:

There's like maybe 2 goons at a high enough rank to actually see hackers on a regular basis

I see them on the reg on my gn1 smurf but they are the type that get banned quick

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

NTT posted:

Lol how lovely do you think everyone here is.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ IIRC there are like 4 or 5 who regularly post who are GE and one or two others who used to play semi-pro CS back in the day. :iiam:

Antares posted:

sometimes they die before throwing it so you can pick it up to fake a flashbang and hope the guy turns away

This is what pistols are for. I've won a stupid amount of fights simply because I jiggle peeked behind cover, tossed my pistol and shot him in the back as he turned.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

NTT posted:

You're inferior to me in this game, fool, fly away

stump collector
May 28, 2007

NTT posted:

lol

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

NTT posted:

rofl noob idiot i'm gn2 way higher than you'll ever get

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

qhat posted:

[ VAC ]
CS:GO VAC Bans and CS:GO Game Bans will be applied to all accounts that share the same phone number. 

Noice

loving, yes. Thx Gaben.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

fennesz posted:

This is what pistols are for. I've won a stupid amount of fights simply because I jiggle peeked behind cover, tossed my pistol and shot him in the back as he turned.

Saw a dude fake someone out by throwing his AWP the other day :v:

I knew about the fake flash usage, maybe I should try it sometime.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
What the gently caress is all this

new nuke

revolver

im poo poo

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

NTT posted:

What the gently caress is all this

new nuke

revolver

im poo poo

Don't use the revolver

Don't play newke

yw

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

NTT posted:

I don't think I've seen a hacker at smfc