Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

Wow the silence miracle works on bosses lol.

so what does crystal sage do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

man, I don't really like halberds, but I sure as hell love glaives

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

man, I don't really like halberds, but I sure as hell love glaives

I call glaives halberds with the good moveset. They include the Lucerne, Black Knight Glaive and Immolation Tinder among others. They're my favorite weapons in all the games except Dark Souls 1 because they have the bad moveset there. I especially love the hunter's axe in bloodborne...so good.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Does the ring the makes footsteps silent make oceiros not able to find you he's blind

hes not blind his baby is invisible

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I don't think his baby exists

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

half-dragon kids in Dark Souls have a precedent for being invisible when they want to

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Somebody did a mockup of what his baby probably looks like based on the item descriptions and such

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I don't know what the deal was with Untended Graves but it was freaky as hell. Champion is one of my favorite fights so far, that second phase is so tense.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

:ocelot: 🐉

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I'm the baby....gotta love me

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
just chased a guy for five minutes while he chugged estus and searched for somewhere to kill himself. wtf

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

he wanted to kill himself close to a bonfire to get his souls back easier.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im getting really tired of people who use the dried finger and then hide in the aldrich faithful zone

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

he wanted to kill himself close to a bonfire to get his souls back easier.

lol that makes sense

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bobnumerotres posted:

so what does crystal sage do?

Idk but I saw a vid on Reddit of Aldritch getting silenced and he doesn't do anything basically. Keeps trying to cast his spells and fails, it even stops those loving arrows

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Somebody did a mockup of what his baby probably looks like based on the item descriptions and such

OCELATTTEEEEE

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I want to meet the voice of Oceiros.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I don't know what the deal was with Untended Graves but it was freaky as hell. Champion is one of my favorite fights so far, that second phase is so tense.

Did you find the eyes?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

Idk but I saw a vid on Reddit of Aldritch getting silenced and he doesn't do anything basically. Keeps trying to cast his spells and fails, it even stops those loving arrows

badass

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

beat champion gundyr the first run through and that was incredibly intense. he didn't give me a spare moment to reapply carthus rouge so the second phase took a while. honorable opponent

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Evil Eagle posted:

I want to meet the voice of Oceiros.

He isn't very hard but it's an awesome fight with great atmosphere

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

scary ghost dog posted:

just chased a guy for five minutes while he chugged estus and searched for somewhere to kill himself. wtf

I don't care if ppl heal when I'm fighting them but when all they do is run away and heal every time I damage them and run away some more and I end up chasing them around the level for 20 minutes I think those people should play a different game.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Same sorta deal with the invaders that have some dumb scheme and don't really engage you in any other way besides that. dudes who stand right infront of the massive crossbow in izalith and keep trying to kite you like you're a wow mob lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

rediscover posted:

I don't care if ppl heal when I'm fighting them but when all they do is run away and heal every time I damage them and run away some more and I end up chasing them around the level for 20 minutes I think those people should play a different game.

im also not happy when the host has three friends and theyre all hanging out waiting for me, then they all attack me at once

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

im also not happy when the host has three friends and theyre all hanging out waiting for me, then they all attack me at once
Then they all do hardcore boast gestures over your corpse

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Otoh the feels when you kill a sun bro and then mercilessly hunt the host down to slaughter them

Soral
May 30, 2009

i dont defend hosts who summon me to help them fight an invader anymore... ive seen hosts just BSC their saviour out of the game too many times both as the invader and as the phantom. please respect your friends.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Then they all do hardcore boast gestures over your corpse

Points down.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

hes not blind his baby is invisible

Dog he has no eyes he's got shallow eye sockets look at his freaking head!!!

Oh you know what looking closer he has eyes but the eyes look blind

http://megapanda.net/images/dj/0416/041216-221027615-big.jpg

Just kind of assumed he was blind since Seath was blind

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 29, 2016

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

my mo then is ambush theh ost with a 1200 damage plunging attack nd do path of the dragon while his dummies kill me

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Oceiros was worried that his tiny royal human member would not measure up to the huge scaleless dragon package that had set the standard for his wife so out of his crippling insecurity he went off and became a freaky goop dragon to gently caress his wife. she left him after this. self fulfilling prophecy imo

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I feel like I only had such and easy time with him cause his lunging swipes kept catching me in his body and dragging me while I executed a sick combo on him :grin:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Harrow posted:

Did you find the eyes?

Yeah but I didn't use them yet, sounds like it gonna lead to some bad poo poo.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
You can take them back. It isn't a permanent choice

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

grant us eyes, grant us eyes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Soral posted:

i dont defend hosts who summon me to help them fight an invader anymore... ive seen hosts just BSC their saviour out of the game too many times both as the invader and as the phantom. please respect your friends.

i will loving kill anything and get my embers

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the fight with champion gundyr is maybe my favorite if only for the fact htat the fight consists of him constantly trying to kick me in the face

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think its weird when I invade solo hosts who immediately run away and try to kill themselves in an easy to reach spot. You know you can just play offline right.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the fight with champion gundyr is maybe my favorite if only for the fact htat the fight consists of him constantly trying to kick me in the face

I havent got there yet you fuckn retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Champ Gundyr, Pontiff, and Abyss Watchers: My Holy Winity.

• Locked thread