Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Does it matter what character you open it on?

crazystray posted:

How do they determine if you were affected by this or not, wasn't pretty much everybody affected by this?

No idea and no idea. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Placebo posted:

My friend who is a valk, and I as a sorc, farmed hexe for about two hours. I got 6 blackstones and a witches earring, he got 2 blackstones.

This theory only applies to world bosses.

EDIT:

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is potential algorithm for world bosses drops with all possible value theories.

Total Damage Dealt = Top Bracket or Bottom Bracket

Bracket + Class Weight + Average Distance to Boss + # Death + Length of Time In Combat + Luck + Hidden Luck Stat + Node Connection + Node Investment Level = Drop Weight

EDIT2:

Also there is a theory that if pets pick up a loot bag it lowers your chances at the drop, since pets do not have a luck stat.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 29, 2016

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I'd be very surprised if pets picking something up or not had an effect on the loot, since I'm pretty sure loot is generated upon death.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Clocks posted:

I'd be very surprised if pets picking something up or not had an effect on the loot, since I'm pretty sure loot is generated upon death.

People are thinking it is generated on opening not death.

KillTrash
Dec 6, 2007

Game Fiend
Hah, all these theories about how this drat game works on all its different systems take me way back to early MMOs where no one had no idea how stuff actually worked. I kinda like it though, I won't lie. Seeing the community get together to discuss and test all these theories is something you see less and less nowadays and that was one of the charms of those early games.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
I doubt node investment, luck, or number of deaths are weighted heavily for world bosses, if they matter at all.

Other than dying decreasing your damage because you have to run back.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

My GM Lucky Fun Box contained one armor stone. +2 Grunil, woooo

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If you pop a luck scroll before you open your chest does that affect stuff? I assume no one has any idea.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Seems as good a use for one as any

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I seriously doubt any of these ridiculous theories hold any weight at all.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

randombattle posted:

no, the classes hold the weights, duh

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I miss when my spirit bro was a little puff with eyes

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

A Spider Covets posted:

Teeth bro best spirit.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

randombattle posted:

The only confirmed thing is damage out put places you in either top damage bracket or low damage bracket which have their own loot tables.

KillTrash
Dec 6, 2007

Game Fiend

A Spider Covets posted:

Spoiler alert (lol not sure who cares about spoiler in this game): After level 50, there's a quest line in Mediah that will have you confront your awakened spirit, you beat his rear end and he turns back into the old little spirit guy with teeth.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I like little orb-bro too because he has that HAHAHAHAHA high pitched laugh. :3:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont know reading the oforums for the musa/maehwa has caused me nothing but grief/confusion. Am I doing something wrong with my other classes or am I doing something right with my waehwa? I leveled Warrior/Sorc/Ranger to their 30s in the korean version and valkyrie and maehwa in the US to their 40s and I still find Maehwa to be by far the easiest one to level. Absolutely no issues rounding up mobs and murdering them in a blink of an eye with the extra benefit of being the fastest character to move around as. I try to avoid areas with lots of ranged mobs, more so than valkyrie, but it still feels I'm leveling way faster.

Sure my only experience in PVP so far has been being two shotted by a shotgun ranger who felt I was trespassing on her mobs or something but I'm chalking that up to gear right now.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I don't know what to do for my belt slot. Tree spirit belt and ancient weapon core are both basically impossible to get off the marketplace. I guess just build up 25 failstacks and slam 2 shultz gladiator belts together to hopefully make a slightly worse tree belt?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I missed a day from the event because of work + power outage when I came back, now I clicked on the merge button when organizing things in the inventory. Missing exactly 1 stone by the end of the event for getting the best package gently caress my life

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

You can change how a player's name appears with a hack, so this could get interesting if hackers set up legit people to get banned by taking videos and screenshots of someone else with a hacked name. You'd have to put a lot of work in mirroring the character, so I doubt it would be attempted outside of the more infamous players.

dabs violently
Jul 27, 2013

For a game that is all about grinding I'm surprised there are no kill counters

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

So here are a couple interesting things for anyone who wasn't around last night.

You know how if someone doesn't pick up their loot, it goes free-for-all after like 15 seconds or whatever? Well a group of us had finished killing world boss Bheg and were standing around talking on his corpse when I suddenly got a second loot notification. That's right, I picked up someone else's loot. I guess that should've been obvious but most people leave or channel switch to kill other bosses and I can't imagine too many people forget to or are unable to loot. I think it times out after like a minute for world bosses. Still, might be worth sticking around to see if you can pick up something extra ;)

Secondly, Magnun got a liverto bundle off the boss last night. Why is this special? He was gone for like twenty minutes in the middle because he went to take a shower.

Personally I still believe that the top damage dealer in the top tier bracket (or whatever) has the best chance at the special loot - that's why you see some people consistently get good poo poo all the time (*coughxzovcough*). That said I think the game rolls for everyone else as well, which is why you sometimes see nothing special drop and sometimes you see one boss drop like five livertos. And hey, if ya gotta go eat or something, just come back before it's dead and who knows, you might have some shiny loot waiting for you...

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

A Spider Covets posted:

Yeah, this was my favorite.

I liked him with just the teeth too, though.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
So what level should I try and finish the awakened black spirit quest? I tried at 52, saw he was purple and barely taking any damage so I bailed.

I guess I should just come back to it after another level or two?

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

My girlfriend spent my Outlaw Ring money on a +3 yuria shortsword while I was sleeping, so I confiscated the stolen goods for my own tamer. :argh:

Now she wants to help me make money and/or black stones so she can buy her own upgrades. Any suggestions for simple rackets I can set her up on?

We've got everything up to Glish opened up and about 90 energy per character to work with

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

My girlfriend spent my Outlaw Ring money on a +3 yuria shortsword while I was sleeping, so I confiscated the stolen goods for my own tamer. :argh:

Now she wants to help me make money and/or black stones so she can buy her own upgrades. Any suggestions for simple rackets I can set her up on?

We've got everything up to Glish opened up and about 90 energy per character to work with

What lvl is she? I got a lot of black shards and stones from farming the Abandoned Lands near Calphalon but that's like lvl 35ish. She could farm the monastery if she's lower, or use the fishing Hotspot in Epheria. That one is blue but almost always abundant.

Note that I am a noob still at lvl 38 so if someone has better advice listen to them

dabs violently
Jul 27, 2013

Come on mate I know I don't need to tell you about fishing

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah at low levels with not much energy or contribution points to work with, fishing is probably going to be your best moneymaker. Crate trading rackets really need a lot of nodes connected to rack up a good distance bonus, plus additional contribution to buy the needed nodes or fences to get the materials to make your crates. Fishing requires gently caress all, just some rods and inventory space and a hotspot and go.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

A Spider Covets posted:

What lvl is she? I got a lot of black shards and stones from farming the Abandoned Lands near Calphalon but that's like lvl 35ish. She could farm the monastery if she's lower, or use the fishing Hotspot in Epheria. That one is blue but almost always abundant.

Note that I am a noob still at lvl 38 so if someone has better advice listen to them

She's level 23 and I've got two 25s. Sounds like the monastery might be a thing to check out! Where is that?

I am fishing up a storm anytime I'm afk, that's why I can already afford to hunt Outlaw Rings. But I'd prefer she contribute so I don't want to lay down dumb rules like "you can only spend X a day." Teach a man to fish, etc.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 30, 2016

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I spent all my money on an Epheria Fishing Rod and materials to make 5 Embroidered Fisher's Clothes to smash together. Now I can AFK correctly.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Clocks posted:

So here are a couple interesting things for anyone who wasn't around last night.

You know how if someone doesn't pick up their loot, it goes free-for-all after like 15 seconds or whatever? Well a group of us had finished killing world boss Bheg and were standing around talking on his corpse when I suddenly got a second loot notification. That's right, I picked up someone else's loot. I guess that should've been obvious but most people leave or channel switch to kill other bosses and I can't imagine too many people forget to or are unable to loot. I think it times out after like a minute for world bosses. Still, might be worth sticking around to see if you can pick up something extra ;)

Secondly, Magnun got a liverto bundle off the boss last night. Why is this special? He was gone for like twenty minutes in the middle because he went to take a shower.

Personally I still believe that the top damage dealer in the top tier bracket (or whatever) has the best chance at the special loot - that's why you see some people consistently get good poo poo all the time (*coughxzovcough*). That said I think the game rolls for everyone else as well, which is why you sometimes see nothing special drop and sometimes you see one boss drop like five livertos. And hey, if ya gotta go eat or something, just come back before it's dead and who knows, you might have some shiny loot waiting for you...

I think the safest way to keep your sanity is treat drop from world bosses like a theme park mmo. You'll get a drop eventually, nothing matters, only more attempts increase the likelihood you'll eventually get loot.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Obscurity posted:

I spent all my money on an Epheria Fishing Rod and materials to make 5 Embroidered Fisher's Clothes to smash together. Now I can AFK correctly.

What is this about smashing crafted fishing clothes together? You can do that? That would go well with my +3 Epheria rod.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

Felony posted:

What is this about smashing crafted fishing clothes together? You can do that? That would go well with my +3 Epheria rod.

They're like jewelry. They fail a lot. I've started making them two at a time and still don't have +1 set.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

She's level 23 and I've got two 25s. Sounds like the monastery might be a thing to check out! Where is that?

I am fishing up a storm anytime I'm afk, that's why I can already afford to hunt Outlaw Rings. But I'd prefer she contribute so I don't want to lay down dumb rules like "you can only spend X a day." Teach a man to fish, etc.

It's south of Glish, I think the Black Spirit quests take you there around that level? This is the guide I've been using in any case, it includes what drops in each area.

http://www.blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/05/leveling-1-60-guide/

J
Jun 10, 2001

Felony posted:

The various life skill clothes work like accessories when it comes to enchanting. Instead of using blackstones to attempt to enchant them, you just combine 2 of the same item together and if it fails you lose both of them. Getting a +1 clothes isn't too bad, but getting a +2 or higher is another story. You'll want a bunch of failstacks to attempt those and it will get real expensive real quick.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
so is there a way to try this game for not 30 bucks without stalking a dead thread

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
12 plum what ever seals gained and I got a new hawk

MargaretThrasher

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Farg posted:

so is there a way to try this game for not 30 bucks without stalking a dead thread

Doubt it, passes are only going to pop up every now and then. You could try to buy one, but then you'd be putting in more money if you decide to buy it. I feel like everyone here is being pretty honest with it's faults and strengths, between that and watching streams you can get a good idea of the game.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Obscurity posted:

Is that the one you can repair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Holyshoot posted:

Is that the one you can repair?

One of them yes. After careful consideration I resold it and made a thick rod to get me to skilled 5 for steel rod use. I made my clothes +1 and heard how hard passed that is and sold the rest of the clothes. I then bought my Musa gear base (yuria, taritas/grunil, bares accs). I will probably make and sell embroidered clothes when I'm not afk fishing..seems like decent money.